PDA

View Full Version : Who should be our next QB?

Mosbonian
03-25-2001, 06:12 PM
I can bet this has probably been hashed and rehashed in my time away from this board, but would everyone please indulge me in updating the general consensus of the board...

Who should be the next QB for KC?

1) Green
2) Dilfer
3) Aikman
4) Beurlein
5) Collins

Knowing that all of the above should be nothing more than fill-ins for the QBOTF, who should be our QBOTN2Y
(QB of the Next 2 years)?

mmaddog

RJ
03-25-2001, 06:21 PM
I'm hoping the choice will be Beuerlein. He's a better than average QB who won't cost any picks and shouldn't be very expensive. My fear, though, is that Vermeil will convince Carl that Green is worth giving up the picks. With any luck, another team will come along to trade for Green and render the subject moot.

Anyway, put me down as in favor of #4.

Luzap
03-25-2001, 06:21 PM
Hello Mark,

I think your going to find that everyone has anopinion on this, and that evryone's opinion is different!

What do you think?

Luz
with a good qb, can we make a run for the superbowl this year???...

AustinChief
03-25-2001, 06:24 PM
Mark,

with the new bbs scripts you can turn this into an actual poll...just post a new topic and look for the poll option at the bottom of the page...

--Kyle

Mosbonian
03-25-2001, 06:31 PM
Luz:

My choice would be to sign Beurlein with the express thought of him being the SHORT-TERM QB to tutor our QBOTF that we draft this year.

The scuttlebutt here in Charlotte is that Beurlein feels he has something to prove to the Panthers and is getting himself in the best condition of his career. he is by no means a mobile QB, but has prove leadership capabilities, an excellent arm, good head on his shoulders, and a strong desire to win.

I think with a good O-line(something he hasn't had in Charlotte) and good receivers(something he did have in Walls & Muhammed) he could win some games for the Chiefs that we managed to lose over the past 2 years.

mmaddog
how about your opinion?

Mosbonian
03-25-2001, 06:32 PM
Kyle:

I saw that too late... I think I will try it.

mmaddog

keg in kc
03-25-2001, 06:35 PM
I think it should be Green (if the price is right, i.e. not what the Lambs currently want...) and I think it will be Green in the end.

Picking a QB this season is like picking the least of several evils...

PostalChief
03-25-2001, 06:46 PM
Mmaddog,

Good to have you back, dude.

As for your thread, I wouldn't mind giving Collins the nod. I went on record before as an Aikman supporter, but I don't see that happening. IMO, it's all in the coaching. With the proper tutelage and guidance, Collins could be a functional NFL QB. He had some good starts with Buffalo. As a Chiefs fan going on 20+ yrs now, I can put some time in on Collins. At the very least, let him fight it out with whoever we draft/FA sign.

Frazod
03-25-2001, 06:51 PM
My first pick is still Brunell (I know its a long shot at best).

Second choice would be Beuerlein.

Third choice would be Dilfer.

To hell with the rest of them.

tommykat
03-25-2001, 07:05 PM
I think if we are honest...it will be Trent Green. Not much left. As I read Aikman is calling it quits. Doesn't want to freeze his *** off in KC..LOL...:D

Cormac
03-25-2001, 08:36 PM
My vote is for Beuerlein. If Aikman can play another couple of years with our O-line and grass field, Beuerlein can too. He's the best option available to us IMO.

Gaz
03-25-2001, 08:57 PM
From that list, Beuerlein is my first choice by a considerable margin, followed by Green [but not unless it is for a swap of 1st Round picks], Collins, Dilfer, and then Aikman.

In all candor, Aikman would be a better choice than Collins or Dilfer, but I just cannot get around those 10 concussions.

xoxo~
Gaz
did not see a "draft one and throw him to the wolves" option.