PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs ....... "LJ isn't going anywhere"

Mr. Laz
04-26-2007, 06:32 PM
Bob Moore of the Chiefs says "we haven't offered Johnson to anyone .... all the reports are lies."

according to NFL Live

LiL stumppy
04-26-2007, 06:32 PM
was gettin ready to post this.

chagrin
04-26-2007, 06:41 PM
Yeah well, that's great - but I am really getting tired of watching Denver continue to stock players, the bastards!

Count Alex's Losses
04-26-2007, 06:54 PM
GOD BLESS KANSAS CITY, CARL PETERSON AND CLARK HUNT!!!!!!!!

Logical
04-26-2007, 06:57 PM
Yeah well, that's great - but I am really getting tired of watching Denver continue to stock players, the bastards!Typical of KC keep someone that will result in the stands being filled but not winning us a championship.

Braincase
04-26-2007, 08:11 PM
All that means is that he's officially in play.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 08:14 PM
Bob Moore.........what a turd that guy is.

I doubt his trade value is very high now after the contract news.

eazyb81
04-26-2007, 08:19 PM
Yes, because teams usually tell everyone in the media when they are desperately trying to trade a star player.

:spock:

ChiefFan31
04-26-2007, 08:48 PM
More like, we phoned around, found no takers, and now are going to stick by LJ and say that we always have.

percysnow
04-26-2007, 08:52 PM
NICE!!!. . .sorry to all u fools who wanted a 1 and 3rd for the 2nd best RB in the game. .

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-26-2007, 08:57 PM
Typical of KC keep someone that will result in the stands being filled but not winning us a championship.
You're right. How dare we keep our best player. Bastards.

Messier
04-26-2007, 08:57 PM
Typical of KC keep someone that will result in the stands being filled but not winning us a championship.

Yeah? Name the other RB out there we could replace LJ with that is more likely to get us that championship?

Halfcan
04-26-2007, 08:58 PM

How is LJ keeping us from winning- the dude has won several games on his own.

Brock
04-26-2007, 09:00 PM
Yeah? Name the other RB out there we could replace LJ with that is more likely to get us that championship?

LOL, championship. This team needs to rebuild the offensive line, the defensive line, needs 2 or 3 linebackers, 2 new corners, a fullback and some receivers. But yeah, by all means, let's spend that money on running back.

Fish
04-26-2007, 09:08 PM

What's the square root of 5,791??

ohh sorry I thought I saw a trend...

Count Alex's Losses
04-26-2007, 09:11 PM
I can't believe there's people that think the Chiefs are closer to the Super Bowl without LJ than with him...

Brock
04-26-2007, 09:14 PM
I can't believe there's people that think the Chiefs are closer to the Super Bowl without LJ than with him...

Yeah, that's the argument. :rolleyes:

milkman
04-26-2007, 09:15 PM
How is LJ keeping us from winning- the dude has won several games on his own.

LJ isn't going to get us that championship.

This team is rebuilding.
We may have a 2nd year starter or a career scrub at QB.

Kennison is aging.
Shields retired.
Wiegman will retire in the next year or two, and doesn't fit a power run scheme anyway.
McIntosh is a stopgap until a repacement can be found.
Terry at RT may or may not be the same player he was for Seattle.

We need a disruptive force in the middle of the D-Line.
Allen will likely be out 6 games, and possibly more in '07, and may not be back after that.
Napolean Harris is a stopgap at MLB, as is Donnie Edwards on the outside.
Law and Surtain are aging, and showing it, and both need to be replaced in the next couple of years.

That's a lot of holes and a lot of stopgap players filling those holes.

LJ will carry the ball 350-400 times a season over the next couple of years, so that by the time this team has plugged those holes, he will be physically beat up and a shadow of the player you think he is right now.

Yeah, he's great, and will carry this team to 3 or 4 wins a season, keeping us right at that 8-8, 9-7 mediocrity level.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 09:16 PM
He'll be done by the time we're close.......

Messier
04-26-2007, 09:17 PM
LOL, championship. This team needs to rebuild the offensive line, the defensive line, needs 2 or 3 linebackers, 2 new corners, a fullback and some receivers. But yeah, by all means, let's spend that money on running back.

How do we need to "rebuild" the d-line? We need one good pass rushing dt. We need 2 or 3 LB? The only player that will need replacing is Edwards and that's in, I'd say two years.

Yes, we need to rebuild the o-line. Yes we need some cb's, yes we need some wr's, why can't we have those and LJ? Is there some rule that if we give JL a new deal, not what he's asking for but as good as any RB in the leauge, we can't draft or sign other good players?

Mecca
04-26-2007, 09:21 PM
How do we need to "rebuild" the d-line? We need one good pass rushing dt. We need 2 or 3 LB? The only player that will need replacing is Edwards and that's in, I'd say two years.

Yes, we need to rebuild the o-line. Yes we need some cb's, yes we need some wr's, why can't we have those and LJ? Is there some rule that if we give JL a new deal, not what he's asking for but as good as any RB in the leauge, we can't draft or sign other good players?

Uh.......we need 2 DT's and Jared Allen may not be back........

By the time we fill all the holes LJ will be done, RB's aren't QB's they aren't productive for 13 years.

Brock
04-26-2007, 09:23 PM

We need to "rebuild" the d-line because other than Tamba Hali, there are no players on it. Jared Allen is going to be gone after this season, and is going to miss up to half of this season anyway. Sims/Reed/Edwards are barely adequate at best. Kendrell Bell needs to be replaced along with Donnie Edwards, and it's unknown if Derrick Johnson is ever going to be more than just good.

The point is, since you haven't been paying attention to what people are saying, is that by the time all of those positions are filled with good players, Larry Johnson is going to be Eddie George.

Messier
04-26-2007, 09:25 PM
LJ isn't going to get us that championship.

This team is rebuilding.
We may have a 2nd year starter or a career scrub at QB.

Kennison is aging.
Shields retired.
Wiegman will retire in the next year or two, and doesn't fit a power run scheme anyway.
McIntosh is a stopgap until a repacement can be found.
Terry at RT may or may not be the same player he was for Seattle.

We need a disruptive force in the middle of the D-Line.
Allen will likely be out 6 games, and possibly more in '07, and may not be back after that.
Napolean Harris is a stopgap at MLB, as is Donnie Edwards on the outside.
Law and Surtain are aging, and showing it, and both need to be replaced in the next couple of years.

That's a lot of holes and a lot of stopgap players filling those holes.

LJ will carry the ball 350-400 times a season over the next couple of years, so that by the time this team has plugged those holes, he will be physically beat up and a shadow of the player you think he is right now.

Yeah, he's great, and will carry this team to 3 or 4 wins a season, keeping us right at that 8-8, 9-7 mediocrity level.

Well then hey, let's trade Waters, let's trade Gonzo, they're going to waste on this team. Let's trade all our players, and get 52 draft picks, I mean we're gonna lose anyway.

Count Alex's Losses
04-26-2007, 09:25 PM
Well then hey, let's trade Waters, let's trade Gonzo, they're going to waste on this team. Let's trade all our players, and get 52 draft picks, I mean we're gonna lose anyway.

No shit!!! FIRE SALE!!!!!!!!

beer bacon
04-26-2007, 09:26 PM
Here is a question. How would you guys feel if Lynch fell to us, and we drafted him at 23?

I would like it for a couple reasons.

First, it would make Croyle's first season a lot easier. Barring injuries or the collapse of our defense, he would only have to throw 20-25 passes a game.

Second, it would give us a lot more flexibility with LJ. If we aren't able to resign him, we could franchise him then trade him next offseason.

Messier
04-26-2007, 09:27 PM
We need to "rebuild" the d-line because other than Tamba Hali, there are no players on it. Jared Allen is going to be gone after this season, and is going to miss up to half of this season anyway. Sims/Reed/Edwards are barely adequate at best. Kendrell Bell needs to be replaced along with Donnie Edwards, and it's unknown if Derrick Johnson is ever going to be more than just good.

The point is, since you haven't been paying attention to what people are saying, is that by the time all of those positions are filled with good players, Larry Johnson is going to be Eddie George.

Really Allen is gone after this season? Who told you that, Allen? You didn't mention Harris but you did Bell. Didn't you know Bell isn't a starter?

Brock
04-26-2007, 09:27 PM

Waters and Gonzo aren't asking for 80 million dollars.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 09:29 PM

I don't think they make combined what LJ wants........notice he didn't point that out.

Count Alex's Losses
04-26-2007, 09:30 PM
Here is a question. How would you guys feel if Lynch fell to us, and we drafted him at 23?

I would like it for a couple reasons.

First, it would make Croyle's first season a lot easier. Barring injuries or the collapse of our defense, he would only have to throw 20-25 passes a game.

Second, it would give us a lot more flexibility with LJ. If we aren't able to resign him, we could franchise him then trade him next offseason.

Depends on who else is available. If Harrell, Jarrett/Bowe/Meachem and Grubbs are all off the board, I'd consider it. I'd probably take Lynch over any corner.

Count Alex's Losses
04-26-2007, 09:30 PM

Waters is a guard. Gonzo has scored 7 touchdowns in two years.

milkman
04-26-2007, 09:31 PM

Had I been in position to trade TG, for the right price I would have.

But that's irrelevant to this discussion.

RBs usually have a short shelf life in the NFL, especially those with the workload that LJ has had over the last two years, and will have over the next three years.

By the time all the needs are addressed on this team, and a talented core group has built chemistry and are jelling, LJ's production will be on a dramatic downswing.

He won't carry us to a championship.
But he could net us some picks that could help us reach that goal in a couple of years.

Brock
04-26-2007, 09:32 PM
Waters is a guard. Gonzo has scored 7 touchdowns in two years.

Thanks, Mr. Non-sequitur.

Ultra Peanut
04-26-2007, 09:32 PM
The Chargers should have traded Tomlinson after both 2003 and 2005. It's clear they were going nowhere, and with the pounding he'd taken, well, that decline in 2006 was inevitable.

Brock
04-26-2007, 09:34 PM
Really Allen is gone after this season? Who told you that, Allen? You didn't mention Harris but you did Bell. Didn't you know Bell isn't a starter?

You expect Harris to hold down a LB spot on this team for the next 5 years? Good luck with that.

Yeah, Allen will be gone after this season. You can bank on that.

Count Alex's Losses
04-26-2007, 09:35 PM
Amazing how Chiefs fans are so willing to pay guys with marginal production but won't shell out for elite, rare talent. No wonder we haven't won a playoff game in 14 years.

Brock
04-26-2007, 09:35 PM
The Chargers should have traded Tomlinson after both 2003 and 2005. It's clear they were going nowhere, and with the pounding he'd taken, well, that decline in 2006 was inevitable.

Compare to two rosters, and the comparative ages and talent level. They have been and are a team that should contend. This one isn't.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 09:36 PM
LJ doesn't bring nearly as much to the table as Tomlinson does.........he also didn't have a 400 carry year and he is smaller and shiftier and avoids contact much more.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 09:36 PM
Amazing how Chiefs fans are so willing to pay guys with marginal production but won't shell out for elite, rare talent. No wonder we haven't won a playoff game in 14 years.

Overpaying one of the easier replaceable positions is a brilliant idea right........

Chief Faithful
04-26-2007, 09:38 PM
I don't even understand why people thought LJ would be traded. Last time CP let one of his boys go was Donnie Edwards and he has regretted it ever since. LJ is one of CP's boys.

Brock
04-26-2007, 09:39 PM

Yeah, because Chiefs fans determine whether the team wins or not. :rolleyes:

milkman
04-26-2007, 09:39 PM

Yeah, that's the reason.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 09:40 PM
Paying 80 million dollars to a RB with LJ's situation and history is just flatly a really stupid idea.

milkman
04-26-2007, 09:41 PM
LJ doesn't bring nearly as much to the table as Tomlinson does.........he also didn't have a 400 carry year and he is smaller and shiftier and avoids contact much more.

Both points are on the mark.

I should also note I find it funny to find you two on the same side of a debate.

Ultra Peanut
04-26-2007, 09:43 PM
LJ doesn't bring nearly as much to the table as Tomlinson does.........he also didn't have a 400 carry year and he is smaller and shiftier and avoids contact much more.Tomlinson's career average is 341 attempts per year, with a high of 372 in 2002 and 313 in 2003 (the other years range between 339 and 348). Sure, LJ had a record high number of attempts last year, and yes, his running style is different, but do you people really think an LJ with a competent QB in front of him will be mindlessly abused by Herm just for the hell of it?

He's got a few years left, at minimum (1200 attempts, or over 3 years, shy of LaDainian's total), and fortunes can change quickly in the NFL. A few good moves can take a team from crap to contenders. Sure, it's the Chiefs we're talking about, but with that ****ing attitude, it doesn't matter if we keep LJ or trade him, anyways.

Count Alex's Losses
04-26-2007, 09:46 PM
Ultra Peanut as the voice of reason? SCARY!

HAY GUYZ TOMLINSON IS DUE FOR AN INJURY ANY DAY NOW!

Mecca
04-26-2007, 09:47 PM
To me no RB is worth what he wants, he'll become unproductive long before it's over......

Also I've come to this realization after hearing what some people have said including my dad......who said "we should just trade all our picks for Calvin Johnson" There are alot of people that don't trust the Chiefs to draft at all that's why they don't want to trade players for picks....

Mecca
04-26-2007, 09:48 PM
Ultra Peanut as the voice of reason? SCARY!

HAY GUYZ TOMLINSON IS DUE FOR AN INJURY ANY DAY NOW!

Guess what, they're a bowl contender, we aren't. It's a much different situation.

Messier
04-26-2007, 09:49 PM
You expect Harris to hold down a LB spot on this team for the next 5 years? Good luck with that.

Yeah, Allen will be gone after this season. You can bank on that.
I don't know. You're the one that didn't list him as one of our LB's but you did Bell.

I guess I'll bank on Allan not being here, because you must have some inside info.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 09:51 PM
I don't know. You're the one that didn't list him as one of our LB's but you did Bell.

I guess I'll bank on Allan not being here, because you must have some inside info.

So have you heard him speak about not wanting to be a Chief? Or how about the fact that he's going to get suspended and if he screws up again it will be for a year.......

milkman
04-26-2007, 09:53 PM
Tomlinson's career average is 341 attempts per year, with a high of 372 in 2002 and 313 in 2003 (the other years range between 339 and 348). Sure, LJ had a record high number of attempts last year, and yes, his running style is different, but do you people really think an LJ with a competent QB in front of him will be mindlessly abused by Herm just for the hell of it?

He's got a few years left, at minimum (1200 attempts, or over 3 years, shy of LaDainian's total), and fortunes can change quickly in the NFL. A few good moves can take a team from crap to contenders. Sure, it's the Chiefs we're talking about, but with that ****ing attitude, it doesn't matter if we keep LJ or trade him, anyways.

Yes, actually I do think that Herman ****ing Edwards will mindlessly abuse LJ.

Herman ****ing Edwards didn't seem to be at all shy about overusing an aging Curtis Martin the year he won the rushing title.

What'd he have?
360 carries?

That's a ridiculous number of carries for a back that age.

I fully expect Herman ****ing Edwards to ride this horse until he drops.

Messier
04-26-2007, 09:53 PM
Guess what, they're a bowl contender, we aren't. It's a much different situation.

Every team's trying to win one however. This isn't baseball,you don't do youth movements, no team says "Well, we've got no shot this year let's rebuild".

Messier
04-26-2007, 09:55 PM
So have you heard him speak about not wanting to be a Chief? Or how about the fact that he's going to get suspended and if he screws up again it will be for a year.......

So the Chiefs have said the're releasing him?

htismaqe
04-26-2007, 09:56 PM
So the Chiefs have said the're releasing him?

His contract is good through next year and Allen has said publically he won't re-sign.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 09:57 PM
He's a FA after the year........you shouldn't count on him being back.

And the Chiefs are in the AFC, LJ or no LJ they aren't better than atleast 5-7 teams in this conference.

Messier
04-26-2007, 09:58 PM
His contract is good through next year and Allen has said publically he won't re-sign.

Do the Chiefs know this?

Halfcan
04-26-2007, 09:59 PM

Excactly- I want to see some Star Players come in here not the has been scrubs we usually get.

Trading LJ for a 1st and 4th is just stoopid. Pay the man his money!

Ultra Peanut
04-26-2007, 10:00 PM
Yes, actually I do think that Herman ****ing Edwards will mindlessly abuse LJ.

Herman ****ing Edwards didn't seem to be at all shy about overusing an aging Curtis Martin the year he won the rushing title.

What'd he have?
360 carries?

That's a ridiculous number of carries for a back that age.

I fully expect Herman ****ing Edwards to ride this horse until he drops.CuMart:

95 - 368
96 - 316
97 - 274 (16 gms: 337)
98 - 369 (16 gms: 394)
99 - 367
00 - 316
Before Herm
-
Anno Hermi
01 - 333
02 - 261
03 - 323
04 - 371 (ten more than Rudi Johnson)
05 - 220 (16 gms: 293)

Mecca
04-26-2007, 10:00 PM
You just don't get how quickly RB's are burned up in this league, it isn't worth it to pay one this. He is not going to be productive for 10 years, he'll be lucky if he's still productive in 4.

Dr. Van Halen
04-26-2007, 10:07 PM
Every team's trying to win one however. This isn't baseball,you don't do youth movements, no team says "Well, we've got no shot this year let's rebuild".

Thank you! Finally some people are starting to realize that this is the NFL. You don't do youth movements. Teams don't try to bring their young guys up at the same time. In the NFL you keep reloading through free agents and the draft.

Trading LJ makes no sense.

Halfcan
04-26-2007, 10:08 PM
Little Barry Sanders ran behind a shit line and made it 10 years. The only time the Lions took him out was when they were inside the 10-to fug him out of a TD. He retired healthy and happy and could have played a few more years.

But somehow fragile LJ is not going to make 2 more years??

Mecca
04-26-2007, 10:08 PM
........This is a pointless arguement, pay LJ 80 million enjoy your 8-8 year and paying him when he isn't any good anymore.

Dr. Van Halen
04-26-2007, 10:09 PM

Allen asked for a trade and threw a tantrum during contract negotiations. He was angry because Peterson threw some cold water in his face. His agent put Allen's anger to work and released some statements to the press.

You and I both know that we shouldn't take contract shenanigans at face value.

milkman
04-26-2007, 10:09 PM
Little Barry Sanders ran behind a shit line and made it 10 years. The only time the Lions took him out was when they were inside the 10-to fug him out of a TD. He retired healthy and happy and could have played a few more years.

But somehow fragile LJ is not going to make 2 more years??

Little Barry Sanders rarely took a hit head on.

Ultra Peanut
04-26-2007, 10:10 PM
........This is a pointless arguement, pay LJ 80 million enjoy your 8-8 year and paying him when he isn't any good anymore.Yeah, because this team is DEFINITELY going to suck in 2008 or 2009 and beyond. There's hardly any turnover in the NFL, after all.

Dr. Van Halen
04-26-2007, 10:11 PM
Yeah, because this team is DEFINITELY going to suck in 2008 or 2009 and beyond. There's hardly any turnover in the NFL, after all.

Hey, at least he let us go 8-8. Most of the monotonous pessimists here have us at 4-12 for all eternity.

Halfcan
04-26-2007, 10:11 PM
Hell Jim Brown got the shit beat out of him every play. They would bite him, hit him the face- he made it 10 years and walked on his own accord.

Someone please make a list of all the RB that made it past 4 years. Here is a few..

E. Smith
W. Payton
T. Thomas
B. Sanders
M. Allen
J. Brown

ect ect ect

Mecca
04-26-2007, 10:12 PM
I don't believe LJ will be very good in 2009 or beyond......

You want a comparison to LJ quit using "Barry Sanders and LT" and use Eddie George they're much more similiar than LJ even remotely is to the other 2 guys.

Halfcan
04-26-2007, 10:13 PM
Little Barry Sanders rarely took a hit head on.

Every RB gets hit. That is silly to say he was hit less than LJ over 10n years.

Count Alex's Losses
Why do you insist on making this horrible comparison?

Eddie George was lucky to average 4 YPC and couldn't break a long run if his life depended on it.

Mecca
Hell Jim Brown got the shit beat out of him every play. They would bite him, hit him the face- he made it 10 years and walked on his own accord.

Someone please make a list of all the RB that made it past 4 years. Here is a few..

E. Smith
W. Payton
T. Thomas
B. Sanders
M. Allen
J. Brown

ect ect ect

Yea Jim Brown who was bigger than some of the lineman when he played..........

None of those backs are like LJ Thurman Thomas was the do it all back of his day........I'm not going through all of them but like I said.

Use backs that actually compare to LJ those backs are guys like Eddie George and Earl Campbell......what happened to them?

Mecca
04-26-2007, 10:14 PM
Why do you insist on making this horrible comparison?

Eddie George was lucky to average 4 YPC and couldn't break a long run if his life depended on it.

They're closer than LJ is to Barry Sanders.......They're bigger backs that run upright took alot of carries and took a serious beating.

Halfcan
04-26-2007, 10:15 PM
I don't believe LJ will be very good in 2009 or beyond......

You want a comparison to LJ quit using "Barry Sanders and LT" and use Eddie George they're much more similiar than LJ even remotely is to the other 2 guys.

C. Dillion
C. Martin

ect

Eddie was a great player, but age caught him.

Halfcan
04-26-2007, 10:16 PM
They're closer than LJ is to Barry Sanders.......They're bigger backs that run upright took alot of carries and took a serious beating.

I have never once seen LJ take a beating, not once. He gets tackled, but usually has his head down and lays the wood on someone else.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 10:16 PM
Notice what Corey Dillon is right now at age 32.....and Curtis Martin is very much an exception to the rule for his longevity and will go to the HOF.

Halfcan
04-26-2007, 10:17 PM
O line take a direct hit every play- they manage to play 10 years.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 10:17 PM
I have never once seen LJ take a beating, not once. He gets tackled, but usually has his head down and lays the wood on someone else.

If you carry the ball 400 times into the middle of the line you are taking a serious beating.......

Mecca
04-26-2007, 10:18 PM
O line take a direct hit every play- they manage to play 10 years.

Just stop........you don't get it. That comparison holds 0 weight, absolutely none. Roaf could barely walk but he could block, doesn't mean I want him running with the ball. It's not even remotely the same.

htismaqe
04-26-2007, 10:18 PM
Allen asked for a trade and threw a tantrum during contract negotiations. He was angry because Peterson threw some cold water in his face. His agent put Allen's anger to work and released some statements to the press.

You and I both know that we shouldn't take contract shenanigans at face value.

Why shouldn't we?

He's got two criminal convictions. He's damaged goods as far as I'm concerned.

Skip Towne
04-26-2007, 10:19 PM
If you carry the ball 400 times into the middle of the line you are taking a serious beating.......
Where did you play HS football? What position?

milkman
04-26-2007, 10:19 PM

E. Smith
W. Payton
T. Thomas
B. Sanders
M. Allen
J. Brown

ect ect ect

Most of those guys were shifty and elusive, who didn't take the physical pounding that LJ is taking.

Jim Brown was a 235 lb RB that played in an era when lineman were considered big at 280, and he was bigger than the LBs that wre trying to tackle him.

LJ compares to guys like Earl Campbell, Jamal Anderson, Jamal Lewis.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 10:20 PM
Most of those guys were shifty and elusive, who didn't take the physical pounding that LJ is taking.

Jim Brown was a 235 lb RB that played in an era when lineman were considered big at 280, and he was bigger than the LBs that wre trying to tackle him.

LJ compares to guys like Earl Campbell, Jamal Anderson, Jamal Lewis.

Gee what happened to all of them.........

Crashride
04-26-2007, 10:21 PM
everyone here that wants him to be traded will be the same people cheering him on when he breaks a huge one

Crashride
04-26-2007, 10:22 PM

He also isnt any of them...hes larry johnson a whole different person

Mecca
04-26-2007, 10:23 PM
I'm more concerned about where the Chiefs will be in 2009 than 2007 this team isn't winning anything these next 2 years......

Halfcan
Jamal Anderson hurt his knee in practice-not beat down. J Lewis is still playing.

I can't believe people are still bitching about 400 carries. LJ wanted the ball and I am sure he is proud of that record-it sets him apart from every other back.

Mecca
He also isnt any of them...hes larry johnson a whole different person

What's that old line.....if you fail to recognize history you are doomed to repeat it......

Mecca
04-26-2007, 10:24 PM
Jamal Anderson hurt his knee in practice-not beat down. J Lewis is still playing.

I can't believe people are still bitching about 400 carries. LJ wanted the ball and I am sure he is proud of that record-it sets him apart from every other back.

Jamal Anderson blew out his knee in the first game of the next season after he set the carry record.......that LJ just broke...

Lewis has never been the same since his huge carry 2000 yard season.

Halfcan
04-26-2007, 10:24 PM
If LJ had 4 less carries a game- we wouldn't be having this arguement that he is going to wear out.

Just silly to keep going down that road-get over it allready.

Halfcan
04-26-2007, 10:26 PM
Jamal Anderson blew out his knee in the first game of the next season after he set the carry record.......that LJ just broke...

Lewis has never been the same since his huge carry 2000 yard season.

So if Jamal had carried 2 less a game- he wouldn't have slipped on the wet grass?? :shake:

Lewis went to jail and got fat- it had zero to do with 400 carries.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 10:26 PM
4 carries would pull 64 carries off for a year that is over 2 games worth........that is why giving LJ that many carries was dumb as hell.

Messier
04-26-2007, 10:27 PM

They play 8 or 9 really productive years then go down hill fast.
I'm looking forward to LJ's next three or four really productive years.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 10:27 PM
So if Jamal had carried 2 less a game- he wouldn't have slipped on the wet grass?? :shake:

Lewis went to jail and got fat- it had zero to do with 400 carries.

Uh........why am I arguing with you.....you think Trent Green is worth a 2 and LJ will be good for 15 years........this is pointless.

milkman
04-26-2007, 10:28 PM

Anderson hurt his knee in a game.

It's an amazing coincidence how all these backs that approach 400 carries, or surpass it, seem to suffer injuries, or simply declining production after thsoe seasons.

Mecca
They play 8 or 9 really productive years then go down hill fast.
I'm looking forward to LJ's next three or four really productive years.

Just remember......one of them blew out his knee and never played again after carrying nearly as many times as LJ did.

Halfcan
I'm more concerned about where the Chiefs will be in 2009 than 2007 this team isn't winning anything these next 2 years......

Based on what??

You also said a team couldn't cut all the dead weight in one or two years when I posted to dump all the guys that Herm has sent packing. Looks like we will be turning over at least 40% this season alone.

Halfcan
04-26-2007, 10:30 PM
Just remember......one of them blew out his knee and never played again after carrying nearly as many times as LJ did.

It has nothing to do with the knee injury. Jamal wanted to break his own record if I remember right.

That is why they have an OFFSEASON.

Many many backs have went 400 carries including the playoffs and preseason games and still had great careers.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 10:30 PM
Based on what??

You also said a team couldn't cut all the dead weight in one or two years when I posted to dump all the guys that Herm has sent packing. Looks like we will be turning over at least 40% this season alone.

There's a big difference when they were in win now mode with Vermiel when you wanted to cut them and today........talking to you is like talking to an 8 year old that doesn't understand circumstances or any history or future ramifications.

Brock
04-26-2007, 10:31 PM
Based on what??

Uh, based on the gaping holes everywhere on the roster if you care to look. No tackles on either side of the ball, no receivers, old corners, etc.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 10:31 PM
It has nothing to do with the knee injury. Jamal wanted to break his own record if I remember right.

That is why they have an OFFSEASON.

Many many backs have went 400 carries including the playoffs and preseason games and still had great careers.

Like was said before.........why is it all these guys that carried so many times either got injured or declined as soon as the next year?

Halfcan
04-26-2007, 10:32 PM
Uh........why am I arguing with you.....you think Trent Green is worth a 2 and LJ will be good for 15 years........this is pointless.

yep and you dont think Green is shit, and we should dump our best player because all is lost for 2007 and we havn't even drafted yet. :shake:

Mecca
04-26-2007, 10:33 PM
Hey I won't take any one on Madden in my fantasy drafts.......history tells me.

Crashride
04-26-2007, 10:35 PM
What's that old line.....if you fail to recognize history you are doomed to repeat it......

History shows players on the cover of madden get hurt...doesnt mean its gonna happen to everyone

Brock
04-26-2007, 10:35 PM

That list includes Terrell Davis, Eddie George, Jamal Lewis, Ahman Green, Natrone Means, etc. See a pattern emerging?

Messier
04-26-2007, 10:36 PM
Like was said before.........why is it all these guys that carried so many times either got injured or declined as soon as the next year?

All these two guys?

Halfcan
04-26-2007, 10:36 PM
Uh, based on the gaping holes everywhere on the roster if you care to look. No tackles on either side of the ball, no receivers, old corners, etc.

Every team has holes- that is why there is a draft. We will have 7 picks so far. Plus any FA signings or trades.

One Eyore on here is enough. Whoa is me, 4-12, we suck, Green sucks, LJ is beat up after 2 years, Chiefs suck, the world sucks.

Crashride
04-26-2007, 10:38 PM
Ljs only had one year with 400 carries and the chiefs are open about decreasing those carries remember now hes only played 1 full season...

Mecca
04-26-2007, 10:38 PM
All these two guys?

Look at the post above yours......Brock hits on it. I can add one......Shaun Alexander carried over 400 times between regular season and playoffs last 2 years ago......this past year he was injured and ineffective for much of the season.

Halfcan
04-26-2007, 10:39 PM
I hope next year when we are playing Denver at home and the game is on the line in the 4th-Final drive for the win....

They take LJ out because he already carried his 30 times and we lose-so you guys will STF about too many carries.

boogblaster
LJ is the power-man of the NFL..trading him is more than stupid...he's still young tough as nails and in good shape still..you can't replace that .....

Brock
Ljs only had one year with 400 carries and the chiefs are open about decreasing those carries remember now hes only played 1 full season...

I'll bet he still hits 370 this year.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 10:40 PM
LJ is the power-man of the NFL..trading him is more than stupid...he's still young tough as nails and in good shape still..you can't replace that .....

Letting James go sure hurt the Colts man they can never replace him......oh wait...

Brock
04-26-2007, 10:41 PM
I hope next year when we are playing Denver at home and the game is on the line in the 4th-Final drive for the win....

They take LJ out because he already carried his 30 times and we lose-so you guys will STF about too many carries.

Yay! Beating Denver at home this year is more important than building a true contending team! Jesus, some of you people are short-sighted.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 10:41 PM
Yay! Beating Denver at home this year is more important than building a true contending team! Jesus, some of you people are short-sighted.

Like I said it's about entertainment to alot of people. They wanna beat Denver win 6-8 of the home games win the 7-9 games get drunk hang out and have fun........it isn't about doing what it takes to win a Bowl.

Halfcan
04-26-2007, 10:42 PM
There's a big difference when they were in win now mode with Vermiel when you wanted to cut them and today........talking to you is like talking to an 8 year old that doesn't understand circumstances or any history or future ramifications.

Funny how I have NEVER heard Herm say he does not want to win this year. He wants a younger faster team, but that does not mean he wants to lose in 2007 and call it a season before the draft. We would not have brought in 2 FA LB's if they didn't think they could win this year.

Crashride
04-26-2007, 10:42 PM
I'll bet he still hits 370 this year.

I think it depends on the draft and or bennetts health situation. If we dont have a back up that can do his job all season then ill agree

Messier
04-26-2007, 10:43 PM
That list includes Terrell Davis, Eddie George, Jamal Lewis, Ahman Green, Natrone Means, etc. See a pattern emerging?

Means? He had one good year. Jamal Lewis was injury prone before the NFL. Other than that, yes, these are all good players that carried the load for the team had several good to great years and declined. The point is LJ's decline is more than a few years away.

Crashride
Letting James go sure hurt the Colts man they can never replace him......oh wait...

Different system than ours, our team requires a tough back like Johnson

Brock
Every team has holes- that is why there is a draft. We will have 7 picks so far. Plus any FA signings or trades.

One Eyore on here is enough. Whoa is me, 4-12, we suck, Green sucks, LJ is beat up after 2 years, Chiefs suck, the world sucks.

There is a reason why teams like the Patriots are contending for the super bowl every year and teams like the Chiefs are doing well just to one and out the playoffs.

Halfcan
04-26-2007, 10:44 PM

James already had 8 years in and was going downhill. Colts have a passing game- they can put anyone in there because teams can't stack the line against them.

Mecca
Funny how I have NEVER heard Herm say he does not want to win this year. He wants a younger faster team, but that does not mean he wants to lose in 2007 and call it a season before the draft. We would not have brought in 2 FA LB's if they didn't think they could win this year.

If you really think the Chiefs are going to the playoffs with Brodie Croyle under center in his 1st year starting.......I feel you should seek help for your mental condition.

Messier
Look at the post above yours......Brock hits on it. I can add one......Shaun Alexander carried over 400 times between regular season and playoffs last 2 years ago......this past year he was injured and ineffective for much of the season.

And then came back and was great.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 10:45 PM
The Colts thing still proves that a RB is not that difficult to replace......Addai looks to be damn good and he wasn't a top 10 pick.

They chose Reggie Wayne over Edge...

Orlandochiefsgrl
04-26-2007, 10:46 PM
HE BETTER

Mecca
And then came back and was great.

I think great would be pressing it.........Alexander looked in decline last year when he was playing.......

Halfcan

I was useing it as an example- you guys act like LJ's carries were meaningless to the games he was in. Herm did it on purpose. Like I said 3 carries less a game....,

milkman
04-26-2007, 10:47 PM
There is a reason why teams like the Patriots are contending for the super bowl every year and teams like the Chiefs are doing well just to one and out the playoffs.

Yeah, the Pats sure missed Ty Law and Lawyer Milloy when they wanted big contracts and the Pats let them go rather than bust the cap.

Fish
.... The point is LJ's decline is more than a few years away.

So is our chance at a SB....

Halfcan
So Brodie has the job??? When was that posted.

Halfcan
04-26-2007, 10:49 PM
Yeah, the Pats sure missed Ty Law and Lawyer Milloy when they wanted big contracts and the Pats let them go rather than bust the cap.

But they wrapped that $ and more up in Brady.

Messier
04-26-2007, 10:49 PM
If you really think the Chiefs are going to the playoffs with Brodie Croyle under center in his 1st year starting.......I feel you should seek help for your mental condition.

So the Chiefs should play for 2008 or 2009? Again this isn't baseball. Teams play for this year. Always.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 10:50 PM
But they wrapped that $ and more up in Brady.

QB>Rb

Mecca
04-26-2007, 10:50 PM
So the Chiefs should play for 2008 or 2009? Again this isn't baseball. Teams play for this year. Always.

Yea let's go 8-8 I'm pumped.

Rausch
04-26-2007, 10:51 PM

I know you need your ass kicked - you know you need your ass kicked.

Schedule it.

It'll be the biggest ego-fest-bitch-fight since Trump vs. Rosie...

Rausch
04-26-2007, 10:52 PM
QB>Rb

If you look over the short term, yeah.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 10:53 PM
QB's can be productive for 15 years.........RB's no. That's why Manning or Brady is more valuable than any RB.

Brock
04-26-2007, 10:54 PM
If you look over the short term, yeah.

I don't see too many 36 year old running backs in this league.

Rausch
04-26-2007, 10:56 PM

That doesn't speak to their importance, only their longevity...

Mecca
04-26-2007, 10:57 PM

What position is easier to replace.........there are a hell of alot more good RB's in the league and draft every year than they're are QB's.

Fish
04-26-2007, 10:57 PM

Enter RoboPriest... stage left.....

milkman
04-26-2007, 10:58 PM

But it does speak to why you wrap up a QB to a long term contract and build around him.

Rausch
04-26-2007, 11:04 PM
QB's can be productive for 15 years.........RB's no. That's why Manning or Brady is more valuable than any RB.

Marino has no ring and Elway didn't get one until they got a RB. In fact, Elway was just HOF enough to drag a franchise to 4 spankings.

How many Super Bowls did Manning win before Payed-a-ton started calling a $#itlod of running plays?

Who was the QB for the Bucs? The Bears (80's or losing 06 Bears?) The Ravens? Steelers?

All four beat teams with BETTER QB's.

A great QB is definitely huge, but it's not the be all and end all...

Rausch
04-26-2007, 11:05 PM
What position is easier to replace.........there are a hell of alot more good RB's in the league and draft every year than they're are QB's.

You could say that for CB as well.

How many legit studs are there at CB these days? How huge an impact do they have?

Rausch
04-26-2007, 11:06 PM
Enter RoboPriest... stage left.....

If a miracle of God happened and he did come back and play I'd giggity myself...

Skip Towne
04-26-2007, 11:10 PM
You have never played a down of football in your life have you? Which lets you join Hootie and Gochiefs as our resident experts with absolutely no practical experience. What the three of you do have in common is that you have no job and you depend on others to support you. But you do have all day to devote to sports. I'm impressed with this trio.

Count Alex's Losses
04-26-2007, 11:14 PM
Oh great, the "I've played football" card.

What's your 40 time these days, Skip? LMAO

Mecca
04-26-2007, 11:15 PM
Skips here to prove his superiority by not talking about the topic........

ChiefaRoo
04-26-2007, 11:16 PM
You have never played a down of football in your life have you? Which lets you join Hootie and Gochiefs as our resident experts with absolutely no practical experience. What the three of you do have in common is that you have no job and you depend on others to support you. But you do have all day to devote to sports. I'm impressed with this trio.

Skip, just shut up and aim my satellite dish. If we want your opinion we'll give it to you.

Skip Towne
04-26-2007, 11:18 PM
Skips here to prove his superiority by not talking about the topic........
Hey, dipshit, I'm here to point out our armchair experts who have never played the game. You three are the prime examples.

Mecca
04-26-2007, 11:20 PM
Skip, just shut up and aim my satellite dish. If we want your opinion we'll give it to you.

He hasn't been the same since he fell off that guys roof.

Skip Towne
04-26-2007, 11:21 PM
Are you still around? If I were you I would be hiding under my bed. Go Shox!! Some folks don't know when the are they laughing stock.

Count Alex's Losses
04-26-2007, 11:24 PM
Hey, dipshit, I'm here to point out our armchair experts who have never played the game. You three are the prime examples.

Tell me again who was right about Huard...

Rausch
04-26-2007, 11:24 PM
You have never played a down of football in your life have you?

Here's an accomplishment by a man who's never played the sport, and didn't even study it until he was 30...

http://www.house.mo.gov/bills03/hlrbillspdf/0793C.01.pdf

VERY weak argument.

GoChiefs is still a douchebag though, I agree...

Skip Towne
04-26-2007, 11:26 PM
He hasn't been the same since he fell off that guys roof.
And you don't have a roof to fall off of or a window to throw it out of. You are a bum plain and simple. Nice mullet though. The 80's probably want it back.

ChiefaRoo
04-26-2007, 11:27 PM
Are you still around? If I were you I would be hiding under my bed. Go Shox!! Some folks don't know when the are they laughing stock.

The Shox will be just fine. Now aim my dish biatch.

Halfcan
04-26-2007, 11:27 PM

ouch

Mecca
04-26-2007, 11:28 PM
Oh a mullet joke when I don't have a mullet.......he's blind.

Skip Towne
04-26-2007, 11:32 PM
Oh a mullet joke when I don't have a mullet.......he's blind.
Oh, that's right, you have that long beautiful hair. Hey, that is reserved for women. Why were you too cowardly to play the game you claim to know so much about?

Skip Towne
04-26-2007, 11:35 PM
Were you afraid they might pull your hair?

Brock
04-26-2007, 11:36 PM
Boo!

Ultra Peanut
04-26-2007, 11:37 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yP4XlfHtGQE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yP4XlfHtGQE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

ChiefaRoo
04-26-2007, 11:37 PM
Oh, that's right, you have that long beautiful hair. Hey, that is reserved for women. Why were you too cowardly to play the game you claim to know so much about?

Skip, your cheese is sliding off your cracker. You might want to go to bed now before you get hurt.

Count Alex's Losses
04-26-2007, 11:39 PM
Hey it's not my fault....those dirty Jemimah's Witnesses looked down on football players. I had no hope and was never encouraged to go out for sports.

Rausch
04-26-2007, 11:57 PM
Hey it's not my fault....those dirty Jemimah's Witnesses looked down on football players. I had no hope and was never encouraged to go out for sports.

That, and you're ****ing goofy and uncoordinated.

But hey, I'm 5'7", so my football career ended about 6th grade...

Taco John
04-27-2007, 12:00 AM
How does Carl sleep at night? Your poor team. Why in the hell have you guys not been grooming a quarterback to succeed Green. It's not like you haven't been in position to make a move. Why in the hell didn't you guys draft Matt Schaub in 2004 and groom him behind Trent? Let's see... Junior Siavii, Chris Wilson... Matt Schaub would have been a better pick than either of those two.

I don't understand what the hell Carl is doing... He went through all that drama to draft Larry Johnson, and then does nothing between then and now to put a team around the guy.

Maybe I'm underestimating Huard...

SPchief
04-27-2007, 12:02 AM
Well this should get good.

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2007, 12:04 AM
That, and you're ****ing goofy and uncoordinated.

Actually I'm very coordinated. I probably would have been an outstanding athlete had I been pushed.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-27-2007, 12:05 AM
Actually I'm very coordinated. I probably would have been an outstanding athlete had I been pushed.

You needed pushed? If I was Jehovah's I would've been pushed the second they told me I wasn't one of the 144,000.

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2007, 12:05 AM

You kinda are, but that doesn't mean Carl had a plan. Huard fell into his lap unexpectedly last year.

Halfcan
04-27-2007, 12:07 AM
Tell me again who was right about Huard...

You called it!!

Huard never did shit in Miami or anytime here to give an idication he would fill in so well. Biggest surprise ever.

So will LJ win the rushing title?

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2007, 12:08 AM
You called it!!

Huard never did shit in Miami or anytime here to give an idication he would fill in so well. Biggest surprise ever.

So will LJ win the rushing title?

Unless we hit big on a WR...probably not.

Rausch
04-27-2007, 12:12 AM
How does Carl sleep at night?

How can you?

At this point Rausch has been deprived of Mane privilages for nearly a ****ing year. A lost password submission shouldn't take that long.

Why in the hell have you guys not been grooming a quarterback to succeed Green. It's not like you haven't been in position to make a move.

Uh, our scrub B/U went top 5 in QB rating at the end of the season. It's not like he played most of the season, bested both Plummer and your rook in the process or anything. In case he didn't we feel confident Croyle can step in (rookie type mistakes expected.)

I don't understand what the hell Carl is doing... .

Me either. Use that telepathy, trick the DB into recognizing my 4 year old account.

You are. He's a Steve Deberg/Steve Beurlien type QB. A very capable place holder. A Stan Humphries. Neil O'donnel (in Pitt.)

He's a smart PA reliant QB.

ChiefaRoo
04-27-2007, 12:14 AM
How does Carl sleep at night? Your poor team. Why in the hell have you guys not been grooming a quarterback to succeed Green. It's not like you haven't been in position to make a move. Why in the hell didn't you guys draft Matt Schaub in 2004 and groom him behind Trent? Let's see... Junior Siavii, Chris Wilson... Matt Schaub would have been a better pick than either of those two.

I don't understand what the hell Carl is doing... He went through all that drama to draft Larry Johnson, and then does nothing between then and now to put a team around the guy.

I agree with the sushi eating, chiraz drinking donk fan. Carl lets the team get old and then stop gaps with FA's to stay good (not great) Every now and then he drafts a stud. DT, Tony G., LJ but they are usually surrounded by horrible drafts and then the great player gets old and the process starts over again. Maybe Herm will change the pattern. We'll see.

Taco John
04-27-2007, 12:24 AM
You are. He's a Steve Deberg/Steve Beurlien type QB. A very capable place holder. A Stan Humphries. Neil O'donnel (in Pitt.)

He's a smart PA reliant QB.

Check your mchsi account. It should be there...

And no way in hell do I view Huard or Croyle as any sort of solution for you guys. I think the streak Huard had last year was largely a fluke... with due respect because I understand that a lot of folks here are hanging a lot of hope on the guy (not to mention Croyle), but I'm here to tell you that nobody from the outside looking in sees it the way you guys are seeing it.

Here's essentially what I'm seeing:

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tal3BBnUrpw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed>

Rausch
04-27-2007, 12:31 AM
Check your mchsi account. It should be there...

Worked out great the last 6 months.

Not really.

Yes, I'm honestly both insulted and pissed.

And no way in hell do I view Huard or Croyle as any sort of solution for you guys. I think the streak Huard had last year was largely a fluke... with due respect because I understand that a lot of folks here are hanging a lot of hope on the guy (not to mention Croyle), but I'm here to tell you that nobody from the outside looking in sees it the way you guys are seeing it.

Don't, that's cool. Huard has proven his worth behind a beat up, old, and retired O line. And he can take a hit.

Croyle is the young talent gamble. Who knows there...

ChiefaRoo
04-27-2007, 12:35 AM

Not really.

Don't, that's cool. Huard has proven his worth behind a beat up, old, and retired O line. And he can take a hit.

Croyle is the young talent gamble. Who knows there...

If the Chiefs suck ass this year with Huard or Croyle we can take our split or possible sweep of the donks and faiders and the rest of our miserable record and get a high draft pick and get a QBOTF.

Taco John
04-27-2007, 12:36 AM

Not really.

Every time you've complained about it, I've pressed the "send password reminder" button. Your alternative is to send me a PM telling me what you'd like your password changed to, and I can do it manually...

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2007, 12:38 AM
Did I mention Bob Moore is a giant mangina? Hate that guy.

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2007, 12:38 AM
And no way in hell do I view Huard or Croyle as any sort of solution for you guys.

We can't just give up on Croyle without giving him a chance...

ChiefaRoo
04-27-2007, 12:40 AM
We can't just give up on Croyle without giving him a chance...

I agree he needs a chance. I just hope he's big enough to not get pounded into the ground. We'll see, should be exciting.

BigMeatballDave
04-27-2007, 01:04 AM
How is LJ keeping us from winning- the dude has won several games on his own.I really like all the playoff wins he's gotten for us...

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2007, 01:04 AM
I really like all the playoff wins he's gotten for us...

Here we go again... :rolleyes:

ChiefButthurt
04-27-2007, 06:19 AM
What's the square root of 5,791??

ohh sorry I thought I saw a trend...

StcChief
04-27-2007, 06:32 AM
Smoke screen

HemiEd
04-27-2007, 08:09 AM

Allen said that, or his agent did? link?

HemiEd
04-27-2007, 08:15 AM

Excellent point Mecca! If we gut this team we will be hearing shit out of the coaches like: "Well, they just need to learn how to win." "They are getting closer."

I remember that history very well, from the 70s and 80s, no thanks.

htismaqe
04-27-2007, 08:16 AM
Allen said that, or his agent did? link?

And it matters why? Do you really think Allen's agent is out there making public statements, especially THAT one, without talking to his client first?

Honestly, I don't even care how he feels about his contract anymore. We should look to hedge our bets as soon as possible, because he's the type of guy that will end up being out for a season serving a suspension.

htismaqe
04-27-2007, 08:18 AM
Excellent point Mecca! If we gut this team we will be hearing shit out of the coaches like: "Well, they just need to learn how to win." "They are getting closer."

I remember that history very well, from the 70s and 80s, no thanks.

So you're admitting that your motivation is fear.

The people here now (namely Carl Peterson) ARE NOT the people that were here in the 70's and 80's. The people here NOW have tried the "patch and patch" routine for almost 20 years, and it hasn't worked.

It's time to gut and rebuild.

HemiEd
04-27-2007, 08:33 AM
And it matters why? Do you really think Allen's agent is out there making public statements, especially THAT one, without talking to his client first?

Honestly, I don't even care how he feels about his contract anymore. We should look to hedge our bets as soon as possible, because he's the type of guy that will end up being out for a season serving a suspension.

YOU made the statement that Allen said it. YOU hold people around here accountable for the details. Why doesn't the shoe fit you?

HemiEd
04-27-2007, 08:36 AM
So you're admitting that your motivation is fear.

The people here now (namely Carl Peterson) ARE NOT the people that were here in the 70's and 80's. The people here NOW have tried the "patch and patch" routine for almost 20 years, and it hasn't worked.

It's time to gut and rebuild.

You are damn right I am afraid of returning to that pathetic state. I am not ashamed to admit that, it sucked.

Mecca
04-27-2007, 08:37 AM
You are damn right I am afraid of returning to that pathetic state. I am not ashamed to admit that, it sucked.

So you'd rather go 8-8 and never really have a shot at a bowl than go into a process that may get you a 3-13 but makes your shot at going to a bowl in the future better.....

HemiEd
04-27-2007, 08:44 AM
So you'd rather go 8-8 and never really have a shot at a bowl than go into a process that may get you a 3-13 but makes your shot at going to a bowl in the future better.....

8 and 8 is your number, but the answer is yes. I speak from experience. How much did you enjoy those games back in the 70s and 80s that netted us the Todd Blackledge pick?
Do you think Herm can even manage a game well enough to win a playoff run, if they gave him his choice of a Pro-Bowl roster? I don't.

Give me the 10 and 6, and a playoff berth, someday things will line up riight.

Mecca
04-27-2007, 08:46 AM
I wasn't alive in the 70's........and I'm not old enough to even remember Todd Blackledge other than as a college announcer for the SEC.

htismaqe
04-27-2007, 08:49 AM
YOU made the statement that Allen said it. YOU hold people around here accountable for the details. Why doesn't the shoe fit you?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3871067

Public statements coming from either Allen or his agent are interchangeable.

Unless you're trying to suggest that either Allen, his agent, or BOTH, are so stupid and/or unprofessional that they would make public statements without talking to the other.

HemiEd
04-27-2007, 08:51 AM
I wasn't alive in the 70's........and I'm not old enough to even remember Todd Blackledge other than as a college announcer for the SEC.

That was my point, IT SUCKS! It was no fun hearing them make excuses, year after year. I personally don't want to go through that again. That is why I responded to your history comment.

htismaqe
04-27-2007, 08:54 AM
That was my point, IT SUCKS! It was no fun hearing them make excuses, year after year. I personally don't want to go through that again. That is why I responded to your history comment.

That's the problem. The people in charge are different. The talent of the players coming in is different. The state of the NFL, with free agency, etc. is completely different.

There's absolutely no evidence to suggest that gutting this team will lead to another situation like the early 80's.

HemiEd
04-27-2007, 08:55 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3871067

Public statements coming from either Allen or his agent are interchangeable.

Unless you're trying to suggest that either Allen, his agent, or BOTH, are so stupid and/or unprofessional that they would make public statements without talking to the other.

We, you and I, have had this discussion before. I am very interested in what Jared Allen has to say, and could care less what his agent has to say. That is why, when you said Allen said it, I thought maybe something new had happened.
I give more credence to what Allen said in the carlotta69 interview, than what his agent says. I contend his agent is a baffoon and is learning on the job.

htismaqe
04-27-2007, 08:57 AM
We, you and I, have had this discussion before. I am very interested in what Jared Allen has to say, and could care less what his agent has to say. That is why, when you said Allen said it, I thought maybe something new had happened.
I give more credence to what Allen said in the carlotta69 interview, than what his agent says. I contend his agent is a baffoon and is learning on the job.

Then you incriminate Allen, because Allen hired him and continues to trust him as his agent.

HemiEd
04-27-2007, 08:59 AM
That's the problem. The people in charge are different. The talent of the players coming in is different. The state of the NFL, with free agency, etc. is completely different.

There's absolutely no evidence to suggest that gutting this team will lead to another situation like the early 80's.

I really want to believe this, especially if they do it. However, teams like the Browns, Texans, Cardinals, Raiders etc. weaken my spirit a lot.

htismaqe
04-27-2007, 09:00 AM
I really want to believe this, especially if they do it. However, teams like the Browns, Texans, Cardinals, Raiders etc. weaken my spirit a lot.

I TOTALLY understand. :thumb:

I'm just one of those people that would prefer to move forward and fail than to not even try.

And I feel like that's what the Chiefs are doing right now.

Mecca
04-27-2007, 09:01 AM
I'd take the Cardinals roster over ours right now........

HemiEd
04-27-2007, 09:02 AM
Then you incriminate Allen, because Allen hired him and continues to trust him as his agent.

I never said Jared was a smart business man, quite the contrary has been the evidence. No question, but he clearly said the exact oppisite of what his agent said, during the interview with carlotta69.

ct
04-27-2007, 09:05 AM
All this means is, once again, Nick Athan has embarrassed himself, and robbed his premium members money.

HemiEd
04-27-2007, 09:06 AM
I'd take the Cardinals roster over ours right now........

Well shit, they been drafting in the top 10 long enough, they should have some talent.
How is that working out for them? I am guessing their fans would die for an 8 and 8 season right now.
Thanks for making my point, they need to "learn how to win!"
I got so sick of hearing that, gawd.

Mecca
04-27-2007, 09:09 AM
Well shit, they been drafting in the top 10 long enough, they should have some talent.
How is that working out for them? I am guessing their fans would die for an 8 and 8 season right now.
Thanks for making my point, they need to "learn how to win!"
I got so sick of hearing that, gawd.

Well they have a ton of young players in place, I'd love to be in that spot, Hell I'd love to be in the 49ers spot too.

Dr. Van Halen
04-27-2007, 09:18 AM

How many teams can you name where gutting the team worked out well?

Teams don't gut their teams and revert to a youth movement in the NFL (unless cap mismanagement forces them to).

Every team has a chance in the NFL. You reload in the offseason and keep trying.

htismaqe
04-27-2007, 09:20 AM
How many teams can you name where gutting the team worked out well?

Last year's Super Bowl team.

Dr. Van Halen
04-27-2007, 09:26 AM

How did they gut their team? They got rid of their RB? That's not exactly gutting the team, especially for a team that emphasizes the pass.

They did upgrade on defense through free agency (although that was hardly a youth movement).

HemiEd
04-27-2007, 09:28 AM

I don't understand, really. Are you saying Indy gutted their team? The Bears? When? I honestly don't remember either of them doing that intentionally. I can't help but hear about the Bears, I honestly think they were drafting so high for so long they finally got lucky.
I know the 49ers did it, because they were in total cap hell. I think the Browns did it, still not sure why.

Mecca
04-27-2007, 09:29 AM
Well they got Manning with the #1 pick so obviously they sucked at 1 time........to start building that team.

Messier
04-27-2007, 09:35 AM
There are only two teams that I feel truely gutted their teams the past few years, the Titans, and 49ers. In both cases it wasn't to infuse youth it was for cap reasons.

Dr. Van Halen
04-27-2007, 09:36 AM
Well they got Manning with the #1 pick so obviously they sucked at 1 time........to start building that team.

Ha! Yes, I think the Colts intentionally were the laughingstock of the league for the sole purpose of acquiring high draft picks.

The Royals have a similar plan, it seems.

htismaqe
04-27-2007, 09:36 AM
How did they gut their team? They got rid of their RB? That's not exactly gutting the team, especially for a team that emphasizes the pass.

They did upgrade on defense through free agency (although that was hardly a youth movement).

Every star on that team was drafted by them.

We're not talking about a 1-year fix here.

htismaqe
04-27-2007, 09:37 AM
The Royals have a similar plan, it seems.

Precisely.

I'm glad I don't live in KC.

Dr. Van Halen
04-27-2007, 09:40 AM
Every star on that team was drafted by them.

We're not talking about a 1-year fix here.

That's not gutting their team.

Dr. Van Halen
04-27-2007, 09:41 AM
Precisely.

I'm glad I don't live in KC.

So you agree that gutting the team and going with a youth movement is a horrible idea that is crap for fans?

htismaqe
04-27-2007, 09:42 AM
So you agree that gutting the team and going with a youth movement is a horrible idea that is crap for fans?

No, the horrible idea is to compare a football team to a baseball team just because you're scared of what might happen.

htismaqe
04-27-2007, 09:43 AM
That's not gutting their team.

They built that team through the draft. The last piece of that puzzle was letting their star running back go so that they could afford to put themselves over the hump.

That's the position we're in right now.

You call it "gutting". I call it "preparing for the future".

htismaqe
04-27-2007, 09:44 AM

By the way, you'll have to pardon my harshness if I say that I could care less what is "crap" for the fans.

I only care what's crap for THIS fan, and this fan is tired of trying to band-aid the team every year while the people around him get to cheer their teams in the playoffs.

Dr. Van Halen
04-27-2007, 09:47 AM
They built that team through the draft. The last piece of that puzzle was letting their star running back go so that they could afford to put themselves over the hump.

No, the last piece of the puzzle was acquiring defensive players via free agency and trades.

We are a run-oriented team. The Colts could afford to drop their RB because they had a star QB and two star WR's.

Dropping LJ would be more like the Colts dropping Manning.

HemiEd
04-27-2007, 09:48 AM

You are right they sucked, but I don't think it was intentional.

If you look at the year that got Manning #1 until now, the two teams, KC and Indy have both averaged about 9 and 7 for those ten years.

KC = 89 up and 71 down.
Indy 95 up and 65 down.

We all know they have owned us in the playoffs, even the one before Manning, but I don't think you can attribute their SB victory as result from gutting the team.

mikey23545
04-27-2007, 09:51 AM

I am about sick of this loser mentality that states that going 3-13 makes you a better team....

Chiefnj
04-27-2007, 09:52 AM
Here is what I think happened. KC has been negotiating a long term deal with LJ. LJ's price is higher than what they expected. Someone said let's float some trade rumors behind the scenes and see if anyone is willing to give us something great, and it will give us an idea of what value other teams give him. LJ and his agent found out about the behind the scenes trade talk and came out with the outrageous 34 million dollar demand which all but killed any talk of a trade. KC retaliated by leaking a story about going to GB because they know LJ wouldn't be happy in Wisconsin. Everyone then denies any knowledge of anything related to trading LJ and the parties are back to square one.

Dr. Van Halen
I am about sick of this loser mentality that states that going 3-13 makes you a better team....

Amen!

Messier

You talk as if they had some master plan that as soon as James was gone they could win the super bowl. No, the only reason he's gone is that they paid Manning a monster deal, they paid Harrison a monster deal. They couldn't afford one for James.

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2007, 09:55 AM
Here is what I think happened. KC has been negotiating a long term deal with LJ. LJ's price is higher than what they expected. Someone said let's float some trade rumors behind the scenes and see if anyone is willing to give us something great, and it will give us an idea of what value other teams give him. LJ and his agent found out about the behind the scenes trade talk and came out with the outrageous 34 million dollar demand which all but killed any talk of a trade. KC retaliated by leaking a story about going to GB because they know LJ wouldn't be happy in Wisconsin. Everyone then denies any knowledge of anything related to trading LJ and the parties are back to square one.

That's a great conspiracy theory.

ROFL

Brock
04-27-2007, 09:55 AM
This team is playing catch up because they just went through 5 years with a coach who drafted half-assed players his buddies recommended to him, not to mention the dipstick who was here before him. I just thought it would be nice if we could speed up the drafting process and get 10 or so real good players for the future of this team at the expense of one who isn't going to be around when that future arrives. Either way, this team isn't going to be a real contender for at least a couple of years.

Chiefnj
04-27-2007, 10:16 AM
That's a great conspiracy theory.

ROFL

Sadly, it makes a lot more sense than the GB trade rumors flying around from your boss.

Count Alex's Losses
04-27-2007, 10:18 AM
Sadly, it makes a lot more sense than the GB trade rumors flying around from your boss.

Hey, I got no problem with your post. It makes sense to me.