PDA

View Full Version : New Sporting News came in the mail today...

BigVE
04-26-2007, 08:32 PM
..had a real nice section on the draft. Its quite lengthy so I will just pass along the jist of what they project our 1st round pick to be. First off I will quote what some of the mocks are, who is picking and how they came up with these picks. "Spread across pages 20-33 are NFL mock drafts by Sporting News correspondents, Sporting News five-star bloggers and SN expert Vinnie Iyer, plus a trade-based mock by War Room scouts and a random, names-from-helmet mock..."

Whatever that means, here is what they have:

Correspondents: CB Marcus McCauley, Fresno St. "The team wants to get younger at corner. It wants Ross but would settle for McCauley (6'0, 203) who is fast, big and a good tackler. KC corners must be able to tackle and play well against the run. McCauley can do both."

BLOGGERS: DT Alan Branch "I jumped on Branch to avoid ending up with a tackle/end 'tweener in Rd 2. Branch helps stop the run and occupies blockers as a pass rusher, which would allow J. Allen and Hali to get more sacks."

Iyer: CB Daymeion Hughes, Cal. "Hughes won't wow anyone on the track but you dont need to be blazer to do well in Herm Edwards' system."

W.Room Scouts: CB Aaron Ross (no comments)

Helmet: DE Jarvis Moss

As you can see they have no more clue who we may pick than anyone on here. I for one would be happy with Branch falling to us at 23 even if he does have some issues. My pick would be McCauley out of the ones offered here though.

duncan_idaho
04-26-2007, 08:37 PM
Anyone interested in reading this stuff can head over to sportingnews.com and read it all on our nfl page...

here's a <a href=http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl>link</A>

Simplex3
04-26-2007, 08:38 PM
Iyer: CB Daymeion Hughes, Cal. "Hughes won't wow anyone on the track but you dont need to be blazer to do well in Herm Edwards' system."
I thought "the experts" kept saying the cover-2 is predicated on speed?

duncan_idaho
04-26-2007, 09:10 PM
I thought "the experts" kept saying the cover-2 is predicated on speed?

As safety, linebacker and defensive line, yes. Corners are the one position in a cover 2 that don't have to have great speed... kind of ironic, right?

Toad
04-26-2007, 10:07 PM
Anyone interested in reading this stuff can head over to sportingnews.com and read it all on our nfl page...

here's a <a href=http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl>link</A>

You work for SportingNews?