PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Rush to Enter NBA Draft

Stewie
04-27-2007, 06:37 AM
No big surprise.

http://www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/pages/Sports/Detail?contentId=3044008&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=6.1.1

Kansas' Rush to Enter NBA Draft
Last Edited: Friday, 27 Apr 2007, 6:40 AM CDT
Created: Friday, 27 Apr 2007, 6:40 AM CDT

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Kansas Sophomore Brandon Rush told The Kansas City Star that he has decided to enter the NBA Draft.

Rush said he will not hire an agent and could return to school.

The guard also tested the NBA waters out of high school before signing with Kansas.

The school is expected to issue a news release on Friday.

Rush said he plans on faxing his official draft entry form to the NBA Headquarters before heading to Dallas for the weekend.

Rush averaged 13.8 points and 5.6 rebounds per game last season and was the only Jayhawk to start all 38 games. He shot 43 percent from three-point range.

Kansas ended the season with a 33-5 record, the Big 12 regular and post-season Championships, and a trip to the Elite Eight.

Rush joins teammate Julian Wright in leaving school to enter the June 28th draft. He has until June 18th to withdraw and return to school if he is not satisfied with his draft position and does not hire an agent.

Extra Point
04-27-2007, 06:41 AM
Another Rush for obscurity.

Mr. Plow
04-27-2007, 07:02 AM
I hope to see him back in the Jayhawk uniform next season......I hope.

Saulbadguy
04-27-2007, 07:03 AM
Late 1st round/Early 2nd round.

ROYC75
04-27-2007, 07:10 AM
Yep, no suprise, just like his brother JaRon, I think he needs to stay another year, he's not ready,he would be a higher selection next year.

Mecca
04-27-2007, 07:36 AM
Well......he'll get picked by a good team now, I dunno if that's good or bad.

HemiEd
04-27-2007, 07:39 AM
I hope he changes his mind and returns to Kansas. He is fun to watch and improving a lot.

ROYC75
04-27-2007, 07:40 AM
Well......he'll get picked by a good team now, I dunno if that's good or bad.

Hardly ...... ( cue a right guard quote here ) leaving Kansas to any other team, college or pro's is uncivilized ! :D

PunkinDrublic
04-27-2007, 08:01 AM
Whatever happened to Kareem Rush is he still on the Lakers?

Mecca
04-27-2007, 08:03 AM

He ended up getting picked to the expansion team their first year, have no idea what he's doing now.

sedated
Chalmers just creamed a little in his pants

sedated

traded to Bobcats, cut, now playing overseas

ROYC75

Last I heard, No, they let him go, not sure where he is now, maybe Italy ?

ChiTown
04-27-2007, 08:07 AM
Last I heard, No, they let him go, not sure where he is now, maybe Italy ?

He played for a team in Lithuania.

ROYC75
04-27-2007, 08:22 AM
Personally, I don't see Brandon as better than Kareem was, Brandon needs to stay in school, maybe get better.

kepp
04-27-2007, 08:38 AM
Personally, I don't see Brandon as better than Kareem was, Brandon needs to stay in school, maybe get better.
He's much more aggressive than Kareem but, yes, he should stay another year. As a Mizzou fan, though, I'm rooting for him to go :)

Mr. Laz
04-27-2007, 08:47 AM
i just kinda wished he would of announced sooner.

kinda left KU hanging

good luck to him

Saulbadguy
04-27-2007, 08:52 AM
He played for a team in Lithuania.
You can make some serious cash playing in Europe.

Braincase
04-27-2007, 08:55 AM
KU IS DOOMED TO OBSCURITY!!!!!

WE'LL BE LUCKY TO BREAK .300 NEXT YEAR!!!!

icepick64
04-27-2007, 08:56 AM
Kareem Rush is playing in kazakhstan

Dave Lane
04-27-2007, 08:57 AM
I just fail to see where a NBA team would go wow you scored 13 points in college with five and a half rebounds a game damn that translates to big time success at the next level!

Dave

Mr. Laz
04-27-2007, 09:00 AM
I just fail to see where a NBA team would go wow you scored 13 points in college with five and a half rebounds a game damn that translates to big time success at the next level!

Dave
nah ..... the team will draft him based on potential, if they take him.

Rush needs to go back to school as work on his game. He doesn't handle the ball well enough to create his own shot. His outside shooting isn't consistent enough.

but ... good luck to him.

Thig Lyfe
04-27-2007, 09:06 AM
I thought since he already tested the waters after HS that this meant even without an agent he can't go back?

eazyb81
04-27-2007, 09:21 AM
So is Arthur definitely staying for another year? I heard some talk about him a few days ago, but I guess nothing came out of it.

ROYC75
04-27-2007, 09:23 AM
So is Arthur definitely staying for another year? I heard some talk about him a few days ago, but I guess nothing came out of it.

Staying put...........
Rush will be back, too many good players in front of him that will get picked 1st. He wants $$, best way to get it is next year.

Cochise
04-27-2007, 09:29 AM
I predicted this going back to when he first went to KU. I have nothing but love for Kareem, but all three of those Rush brothers had a couple of things in common. None of them turned out to be as good as they were supposed to be, and none of them really cared about being in college. They don't care about becoming better players, they don't care about winning a national championship, all three were only making the required stopover before jumping to the NBA and their payday, and they do it as soon as they can land at the end of the first/beginning of the second.

You think any of them care about the name across their chest or winning a national title? I think you are wrong.

DJJasonp
04-27-2007, 09:31 AM
Staying put...........
Rush will be back, too many good players in front of him that will get picked 1st. He wants $$, best way to get it is next year.

I agree with this...most mock draft have him going very late in the 1st round (if the 1st at all).

It's a shame that many of these kids dont have winning a national title at the top of their mind. Too many kids are in unfortunate situations financially, maybe already have kid(s) in or out of wedlock....and it forces their hand.

I think there's a decent chance he'll be back. I think he's foolish, especially after seeing the multitude of players declaring, to think it wouldnt be better to go next year.

Wouldnt it be much, much better financially to go top 10 next year, rather than at #30 this year?

GoHuge
04-27-2007, 09:37 AM
I agree with this...most mock draft have him going very late in the 1st round (if the 1st at all).

It's a shame that many of these kids dont have winning a national title at the top of their mind. Too many kids are in unfortunate situations financially, maybe already have kid(s) in or out of wedlock....and it forces their hand.

I think there's a decent chance he'll be back. I think he's foolish, especially after seeing the multitude of players declaring, to think it wouldnt be better to go next year.

Wouldnt it be much, much better financially to go top 10 next year, rather than at #30 this year?I agree totally. If KU made a Final Four run, or won it all, his stock would be much higher than it currently is. One problem he has is his game didn't really improve that much last year. If that happened this year his stock might fall lower than a late 1st-early 2nd round pick. I wouldn't want to be in some of these kid's positions but I think he should stay.....and that is coming from a K-State guy.

Ari Chi3fs
04-27-2007, 10:59 AM
****ers.

banyon
04-27-2007, 02:46 PM
any news that this has something to do with grades, so that he would leave no matter what?

Or he's got his child support case he defaulted on too.

CoMoChief
04-27-2007, 03:56 PM
Damn. Hopefully Chalmers can play the 3 position.

Collins (he may be gone too)
Robinson
Chalmers
Arthur
Aldrich (**** you Sasha Kaun)

ksushark
04-27-2007, 04:22 PM

Darnell Jackson outplayed Kaun this season IMO. I'd prefer to see him start over Kaun but if Aldrich is good enough to take the spot then that's even better.

Molitoth
04-27-2007, 04:24 PM
Rush is entering too early and will be a bust.

dr00d
04-27-2007, 04:55 PM
ain't that a shame.

Hawk fans--all gotta go cry in the corner. All that talent you waste every year. When will they figure out that Bill Self is an average coach at best. Good luck with that.

convict1983
04-27-2007, 06:26 PM
This definitely hurts KU's Final Four chances next year and the year after that. Looks like Self is going to have to load up on a bunch of 5 stars again.

I think this years team was his best chance to get to the Final Four.

Saulbadguy
04-27-2007, 06:40 PM
Damn. Hopefully Chalmers can play the 3 position.

Collins (he may be gone too)
Robinson
Chalmers
Arthur
Aldrich...ROFL