03-25-2001, 07:39 PM
Who should our next QB be?

Archie F. Swin
03-25-2001, 08:18 PM
who's Collins?

old_geezer
03-25-2001, 09:01 PM
I wasn't depressed until I read the list of available candidates. :(
Now I'm ready to go for Brees in the draft.

Zebedee DuBois
03-25-2001, 09:11 PM
I'm in for Buerline.

Lbedrock1
03-26-2001, 05:27 AM
I'm all for collins. I believe in giving him a chance since he sat behind grbac with no complaints. He deserves the chance to be the starter and if he fails we know that he is not good for KC. Why bring in someone for him to sit behind again? If he can't make it as a starter then we need to find someone else and let him go because we want a backup that is capable of coming in and starting.

Chiefs Pantalones
03-26-2001, 06:11 AM
I voted for Green!

CG

surpised?

FloridaChief
03-26-2001, 06:24 AM
That list is depressing and I've been thinking this year we are in a lose-lose situation at the QB position.

Green? At the cost of 2 draft picks, including the #12 pick in the draft.

Dilfer? Nice guy, undependable under pressure and consistently over and/or underthrows his deep receivers.

Brunell/Buerline/Aikman? Any of these would be prohibitively expensive to sign against our cap now and in the near future. Also, Aikman has way too much risk attached to him.

Brees/Huepel/Tuisasopo, etc...? None ready to start at the NFL level as a rookie - Not a great year for QB's coming out of the draft.

And that leaves Collins, and I'm less than enthused about it, but he does have upsides: He won't cost draft picks, he won't increase the cap level, he's healthy, or should be, anyway.

Of course, no one knows if he's up to it, though.

Archie F. Swin
03-26-2001, 07:39 AM
oh crap! . . . I just realized who Collins was

D'OH!

WisChief
03-26-2001, 07:47 AM
I gotta go with Collins. Mainly for the reasons already listed, but why damage the cap and loose draft picks for a guy (Green) who has proven very little if anything more than the guy we have? As mentioned, draft Heuple or some other rookie, start Collins and if he flops throw the rook to the wolves and watch him flounder or prevail.

soliday
03-26-2001, 08:13 AM
I think the moderators should change the poll to a package of possible QB's. Personally, I'd like to see the Chiefs take Brees and pick up a Dilfer/Banks/Martin to compete in the short-term.

Soliday

Also, I'm against throwing a rookie QB "to the wolves". I think you can damage a quarterback by rushing him, just as you can damage a baseball pitcher by bringing him to the majors too quickly. That being said, Brees is the most NFL-ready QB of this draft class.

Gaz
03-26-2001, 08:19 AM
soliday-

I think Weinke is ready to start, too.

xoxo~
Gaz
Has no problem tossing a rookie QB to the wolves.

Gaz
03-26-2001, 08:20 AM
I would take Dilfer as a backup. Even if he does not have the best skills at QB, he would be a asset in the locker room.

xoxo~
Gaz
Shopping for some of those "intangibles."

ExtremeChief
03-26-2001, 08:38 AM
I have to go with Buerline on this one. I think he's the best QB available for the price. I would just as soon save all the picks and cash we can to fill other holes.

longing for a dominating defense...

kcred
03-26-2001, 08:40 AM
Well I voted for Beurlein, but view it as the least objectionable choice. I really think DV will get his wish, and hope he knows much more about Green than I do. I think, all things being equal, i.e., no draft choices, etc. I would probably vote Green, and at a reduced price could vote for him anyway.

MrBlond
03-26-2001, 09:17 AM
My vote went to Aikman. This assumes a clean bill of health from doctors. I also would like Dilfer as a back-up. Aikman, Dilfer, McMahon from Rutgers is a QB corp I could live with.

htismaqe
03-26-2001, 09:51 AM
I removed it from my sig, but I feel the need to scream it again...

Please don't use the 12th pick on a QUARTERBACK

That means Trent Green...that means Drew Brees. I'd take ANY quarterback that will be available in the 3rd or 4th round over Brees. He's the one player in this draft that I've seen play very often. He SUCKS.

Alton deFlat
03-26-2001, 10:07 AM
I went with Beuerlein. Green may be more of a long term choice, but I just hate to give the Rams too much for his services.

KCTitus
03-26-2001, 10:13 AM
Parker: It's looking more and more like KC might go after Brees. Cnn's latest mock shows KC drafting Brees.

Not a good move, IMO, but appears likely.

htismaqe
03-26-2001, 10:34 AM
Tit_s,

hehe, just had to do that... :D

Anyway, I'd rather give that pick for Green than draft Brees. Drafting Brees would be the WORST thing we could do IMO.

ct
03-26-2001, 10:59 AM
I agree on Brees, that is NO to Brees!! I'm strongly opposed to giving up a 1st round pick for Green, but am willing to do the 12 for 20 swap. Seems the Rams are not, however.

I vote for Beuerlein, whom I think may come relatively cheap for a quality starting QB, without any draft pick compensation. He would give us a 2 year cushion with Collins as backup to groom QBOTF, drafted either in 3rd/4th this year, or in next years draft.

Let us repair the Defense, which needs much more attention than the Offense, IMO. Excluding starting QB, I don't see another desparate need on our starting O.

Tribal Warfare
03-26-2001, 03:57 PM
I select Collins as the Chiefs QB this year, to rebuild a team and do it correctly. Collins May not be most popular but I believe it's the best for the team to rebuild.

Focus this years draft on defense and WR depth unless Deuce or LT slip. 1st round draft Seymour and watch the D-line blossom into a blue-collar types that will hustle to the end.

Next year will range to 4-12 or a 5-11 season.KC next year will have their eyes on Deshawn Foster (UCLA), and a QB the team will start to show progess in year 2 or 3 when Vermeil hands the reigns to Saunders. Then the show will begin, the Vermeil years are building blocks towards the future.

Gary
03-26-2001, 04:14 PM
HEY CORYT, SURE WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE TO HAVE A SHOT AT HENSON NEXT YEAR HUH!?! DAMN THOSE YANKEES!!!!!!!!!

Chiefs Pantalones
03-26-2001, 06:20 PM
Gaz,

You think Weinke is ready to start? LOL! Thats what people said about Ryan Leaf!!

CG

go with Green, get something worked out for him, Carl, or we're screwed!!!!!

Warrior5
03-26-2001, 06:21 PM
Beuerline.
Let's us "re-tool" the right way.