PDA

View Full Version : Kris Wilson

Wile_E_Coyote
04-27-2007, 09:10 AM
It's time for a board evaluation of Wilson. He has good hands, can recall only one dropped pass. For a second round pick he hasn't seen the field much. Gonzo blocking and running routes, Dunn blocking, leaves Bigfoot lurking in the shadows

Count Zarth
04-27-2007, 09:11 AM
I like him alot, personally. I think he's a real weapon out of the backfield.

el borracho
04-27-2007, 09:23 AM
Evaluation? He is a tweener who was supposed to create mismatches and confuse defenses. To this point it seems he only confuses our Offensive Coordinators- nobody seems to know how to use him. If he doesn't do something notable this year then I see no reason to keep him.

Stinger
04-27-2007, 09:26 AM
I actually liked him in the backfield. Brought a whole different look and someone you had to account for on play action.

Fried Meat Ball!
04-27-2007, 09:27 AM
I liked him at FB.

ChiefsfaninPA
04-27-2007, 09:28 AM
I liked him at FB.

I second that, plus he had a career season last year.

JBucc
04-27-2007, 09:29 AM
I also liked him at FB. That is where he should stay unless something were to happen to TG.

HemiEd
04-27-2007, 09:33 AM
You are correct when you said he has only dropped one catchable pass. He made a TD catch last year of a horrible pass. He has the best hands on the team IMO, something Croyle may find valuable.

Wile_E_Coyote
04-27-2007, 09:33 AM
Boomer getting groomed at FB, maybe says more about Boomer than Kris

Fried Meat Ball!
04-27-2007, 09:37 AM
Boomer likes to hit people. I think that's what they like about Boomer.

Frazod
04-27-2007, 09:45 AM
Evaluation? He is a tweener who was supposed to create mismatches and confuse defenses. To this point it seems he only confuses our Offensive Coordinators- nobody seems to know how to use him. If he doesn't do something notable this year then I see no reason to keep him.

ROFL That's funny.

Bigfoot rocks - we need to get him more involved.

Deberg_1990
04-27-2007, 09:55 AM
honestly....for a 2nd round pick hes been a disappointment overall. He didnt do anything for 2 years. He had a couple of decent games last year, but 3 or 4 decent games in 3 seasons???

This season should be a make or break year for him. Hopefully he continues to build on what he did last year (if he even wins the FB job???) If not, Al Saunders can have him back...

Pitt Gorilla
04-27-2007, 10:00 AM
He was a very good lead blocker at the fullback position. His hands give him the opportunity to be an important weapon for our offense.

sedated
04-27-2007, 10:04 AM
He was a very good lead blocker at the fullback position.

does anyone agree?

I couldn't tell if our running game struggled because of:
- bad OLine
- bad lead blocking by the FB
- bad, predictable play-calling
- mush-for-brains at QB

Wile_E_Coyote
04-27-2007, 10:07 AM
run, run, pass, punt or Huard fumble

~:Poke: Hootie

HemiEd
04-27-2007, 10:16 AM
ROFL That's funny.

Bigfoot rocks - we need to get him more involved.

Hey you even remember who he is! LMAO

No more "Who?" :D

HemiEd
04-27-2007, 10:18 AM
does anyone agree?

- bad OLine
- mush-for-brains at QB

I pick number one and three, but hey, I am not the least bit objective on this.

Frazod
04-27-2007, 10:21 AM
Hey you even remember who he is! LMAO

No more "Who?" :D

Who are you?

:p

whtgldwldr
04-27-2007, 10:41 AM
duh

the Talking Can
04-27-2007, 10:42 AM
never heard of him

Chief Faithful
04-27-2007, 10:43 AM
I'm not sure what I like more, Wilson's game at FB or his nicname. I hope Bigfoot is the Chief FB for the next decade.

kaplin42
04-27-2007, 10:58 AM
I thought Bigfoot was great at FB. Could use a little more blocking work, but wasn't horrible. The fact that he gave the Chiefs another option out of the backfield is what I really liked.

As for Boomer being a FB, this is the first time I have heard this. Anyone willign to elaborate would be greatly appreciated. I have to admit, I am not opposed to the idea of it. Reminds me of a Mike Allstot kind of FB. Put your head down and knock people the fluck out.

HemiEd
04-27-2007, 11:09 AM
Who are you?

:p

I have been a Floridian the last two weeks, mostly. I flew home last weekend to bowl and golf, then back here to work on Sunday.

How you been Tim?

StcChief
04-27-2007, 11:11 AM
Bigfoot (aka Secret Weapon) Wilson
and Boomer nice options :D

sfchief
04-27-2007, 11:15 AM
Wilson was really a rookie fullback, I thought for no experience he did great.
some stats to think about:
larry's avg w cruz 3.46
larry's avg w wilson 4.63
cruz 0td
kilson 3td
Wilson was a servicable lead blocker and much better reciever than cruz or even trich.

Mr. Laz
04-27-2007, 11:17 AM

doesn't take much to confuse them considering our Head Coach considers "schemes are made for pussies"

suds79
04-27-2007, 11:24 AM
I like Kris Wilson at FB.

He's has the size to play FB.
He's got to be the most athletic FB in the league with the best hands.
He's not afraid to stick his nose in there when lead blocking.

We're set at FB

jspchief
04-27-2007, 11:26 AM
He was a very good lead blocker at the fullback position. His hands give him the opportunity to be an important weapon for our offense.Very good? Not in my opinion.

I'd describe him as a decent lead blocker. He seemed to do a good job occupying his man. Where he lacked what the very good FBs have was what he did after intial contact. Wilson is good for getting to one guy. The great FBs keep on downfield continuing to make blocks.

go bowe
04-27-2007, 11:27 AM
does anyone agree?

- bad OLine
- mush-for-brains at QBnow here's a surprise...
i agree with most of your points, but i'm bit skeptical about the bad lead blocking by the fullback...

and wrt the qb, which one(s) do you think are mush for brains?

i don't think that croyle has mush for brains, but he probably will after a few games behind our new o-line... :( :( :(

Pitt Gorilla
04-27-2007, 12:59 PM
Very good? Not in my opinion.

I'd describe him as a decent lead blocker. He seemed to do a good job occupying his man. Where he lacked what the very good FBs have was what he did after intial contact. Wilson is good for getting to one guy. The great FBs keep on downfield continuing to make blocks.Daryl Johnston was the king of picking a guy and smashing him out of the play. I would say that Moose was a very good fullback.

B_Ambuehl
04-27-2007, 02:06 PM
I think he's more of a weapon at FB than tight end. He's fast, has good hands and creates match-up problems. The problem when he was playing TE is that opposing teams would run a nickel because they knew when Dunn wasn't in there we were gonna pass. That meant he'd be matched up against a DB instead of LB. With him playing fullback you can do some things to get him out on LBs like what we did against SAn Diego when he ran right past Merriman.

Given a full offseason of work I imagine the staff will be able to get him much more involved, providing he stays at FB.

Thig Lyfe
04-27-2007, 02:36 PM
Kris Wilson can play any position, ever.

I think he is one of Carl's best picks. FOR REALIO.

NJ Chief Fan
04-27-2007, 02:41 PM
I like him as a full back/H-Back, converting Boomer to FB upsets me. Lets run with what we were doing last season and get another big play WR ala Dwayne Jarrett!

Fish
04-27-2007, 05:05 PM
Wilson was really a rookie fullback, I thought for no experience he did great.
some stats to think about:
larry's avg w cruz 3.46
larry's avg w wilson 4.63
cruz 0td
kilson 3td
Wilson was a servicable lead blocker and much better reciever than cruz or even trich.

How many games do those stats account for?

Easy 6
04-27-2007, 05:21 PM
This guy was a very pleasant surprise for me.

His blocking still needs consistency, but i watched him level several guys over the year & its easy to assume that he'll gain that consistency as he goes.

I think he's WAY underused in the passing game, the dude has learned how to get open & when given the chance his hands delivered the promise that we heard so much about.

Its doubtful that he's a running threat, but does anyone think Grigsby will be??? Lack of run skills aside, he's a bigger & more physical Nimble Kimble IMO & is probably better at the downfield routes.

Were it my call, Boomer would sit on Paycheck Alley.

ChiefsCountry
04-27-2007, 05:26 PM
I liked him at H-Back/FB role. Still a crappy 2nd round pick but at least we found a position where he could be pretty good at.

Frazod
04-27-2007, 05:33 PM
I have been a Floridian the last two weeks, mostly. I flew home last weekend to bowl and golf, then back here to work on Sunday.

How you been Tim?

I am fine. You, me and the wives should get together for dinner one of these days.

HemiEd
04-27-2007, 05:37 PM
I am fine. You, me and the wives should get together for dinner one of these days.

We gotta do it, I will get ahold of you as soon as things calm down a little. :thumb: I may give you a call from the everglades tomorrow to see who we drafted. OK?

Frazod
04-27-2007, 05:46 PM
We gotta do it, I will get ahold of you as soon as things calm down a little. :thumb: I may give you a call from the everglades tomorrow to see who we drafted. OK?

No problem. Try not to get eaten by any giant amphibious swamp creatures.