PDA

View Full Version : Draft picks

luv
04-27-2007, 11:30 AM
All of this trading and stuff confuses me. How many picks do we have in each round now?

Pestilence
04-27-2007, 11:30 AM
7 picks

1st
2nd
3rd
5th
5th
6th
7th

Mr. Laz
04-27-2007, 11:32 AM
1st (23)
2nd (54)
3rd (82)
3rd (148)
5th (160)
6th (196)
7th (231)

luv
04-27-2007, 11:34 AM
What happened to a 4th round pick? Did us swapping with STL in the 3rd round move us up out of it? I was thinking we'd have eight picks now, for some reason.

the Talking Can
04-27-2007, 11:36 AM
What happened to a 4th round pick? Did us swapping with STL in the 3rd round move us up out of it? I was thinking we'd have eight picks now, for some reason.

trade for Hamstring Bennett last year....yea

Count Alex's Wins
04-27-2007, 11:39 AM
Luv, draft picks are what the Chiefs use to get new players on their football team. The players come from college.

luv
04-27-2007, 11:40 AM
Luv, draft picks are what the Chiefs use to get new players on their football team. The players come from college.
No shit, really?

I was asking how many in each round we've got now, not what they are. Thanks anyway.

Rooster
04-27-2007, 11:40 AM

ROFL Smartass

Count Alex's Wins
04-27-2007, 11:50 AM
I was asking how many in each round we've got now

We have one in each round except for the fourth and fifth. Each NFL team has one of 32 picks - since there are 32 teams, total, in the NFL. Sometimes, if a team wants to, they will trade for other picks - with another NFL team. You can trade a player from your team, or maybe some other draft picks, for extra picks.

The Chiefs traded a KICK RETURNER (this is a player who catches and runs with kicked footballs) named DANTE HALL (that short, fast guy) for an extra pick in the fifth round of this year's draft.

They lost their fourth round pick because they sent it to the Saints last season for a RUNNING BACK (the guys that are handed the football and run with it - sometimes they catch it, from the quarterback, the guy who throws it) named MICHAEL BENNETT (that injured guy).

milkman
04-27-2007, 07:55 PM
We have one in each round except for the fourth and fifth. Each NFL team has one of 32 picks - since there are 32 teams, total, in the NFL. Sometimes, if a team wants to, they will trade for other picks - with another NFL team. You can trade a player from your team, or maybe some other draft picks, for extra picks.

The Chiefs traded a KICK RETURNER (this is a player who catches and runs with kicked footballs) named DANTE HALL (that short, fast guy) for an extra pick in the fifth round of this year's draft.

They lost their fourth round pick because they sent it to the Saints last season for a RUNNING BACK (the guys that are handed the football and run with it - sometimes they catch it, from the quarterback, the guy who throws it) named MICHAEL BENNETT (that injured guy).

I'd call you a prick, but pricks usually have balls.