PDA

View Full Version : !@#$@* Termites

Scaga
04-27-2007, 01:14 PM
Son of a bee-otch...
Going to start paint the boys bedroom....find three little "lines" where the little bastards are eating my house.

Got an estimate from Terminx .. $950.

Not a happy camper right now.

tomahawk kid
04-27-2007, 01:19 PM
Where did you find them?

I've always been told the tell tale sign is the dirt tunnels they'll built up your foundation.

Cochise
04-27-2007, 01:19 PM
There's a substance that will kill them for substantially less, and you probably have a jug of it sitting around in your garage...

stlchiefs
04-27-2007, 01:21 PM
Rotten Milk?

Scaga
04-27-2007, 01:27 PM
Where did you find them?

I've always been told the tell tale sign is the dirt tunnels they'll built up your foundation.

Yep...dirt tunnels are the EASY way of finding them.
Problem is there isn't any dirt tunnels. They're coming in behind the brick on the front of the house.

I did just talk to my buddy and I can get it done for $675 plus tax. Sucks, but better.

I've got to have the whole exterior treated, plus the walls fogged in two rooms. :cuss:

Smed1065
04-27-2007, 02:16 PM
Depends on the type of termite as well. subterranean termites make mud tubes along walls but they also have drywood and formosean termites that do not usually have tubes.

They build the tubes because subterranean termites die if exposed to sunlight.

tomahawk kid
04-27-2007, 02:46 PM
Yep...dirt tunnels are the EASY way of finding them.
Problem is there isn't any dirt tunnels. They're coming in behind the brick on the front of the house.

I did just talk to my buddy and I can get it done for $675 plus tax. Sucks, but better.

I've got to have the whole exterior treated, plus the walls fogged in two rooms. :cuss:

Ah - so the brick on the front of your house extends to the ground?

Scaga
04-27-2007, 03:15 PM
Ah - so the brick on the front of your house extends to the ground?

Yep...and here's the kicker....
The flowerbed in front of the house has mulch.
It won't after this weekend.

:banghead:

penguinz
04-27-2007, 03:17 PM

Put in the rubber mulch. It will not attract bugs, does not blow/wash away easily and will not fade for 10+ years.

tomahawk kid
04-27-2007, 03:26 PM

Friggin sucks dude.