PDA

View Full Version : My Crunchy Coffee Mystery....

Fish
04-27-2007, 01:36 PM
So about a week ago... I noticed something odd in my morning coffee.. little crunchy bits that aren't normally there. I shrugged and passed it off as creamer that didn't melt, and went about my day. Well this continued for several days. I start to suspect bad creamer or faulty coffee filters or my own lack of washing my coffee mug/pot.

So I go home and wash my mug, wash the coffee pot, and run a cycle of water through the coffee maker.

Next morning, get to work... crunch..... hmmm.... crunch...

Finally I popped open my coffee mug, and noticed a few small black ants floating on top.... Ahh ha... that explains things...

The next morning I make coffee, now on the lookout for trespassing ants... None found in the coffee maker or the pot, and I rinse my mug out to be sure. I fill up my mug, add a little creamer and a shot of syrup, and off to work.

Crunch...crunch.. more ants... WTF? Scoop em out and go on with the morning...

I go home and check the pot, maker, mug, and the creamer. No ants. Where the hell are they comin from?

Next morning.... crunch.... f*ck! Strain out more ants and go about my morning...

I go back home... determined to find the source of this ant invasion. I empty the cupboards by the coffee pot. Clean everything. Scrub the floors. Scrub the walls. Wash the coffee maker again. Check the coffee, the filters, the creamer, and my mug again. I'm ready to pound any little ant I see... No sign of the sneaky little bastards.

Next morning.... crunch.... Sonofa!! Scoop out more ants... not liking this new morning routine...

That night... I finally find the source of the problem....

Next post....

Fish
04-27-2007, 01:37 PM
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/5127/image00014es4.jpg

Wonder how many of the little fuggers I consumed in the last week....

penguinz
04-27-2007, 01:39 PM
How did you not notice that before? Do you close your eyes while preparing your coffee?

ChiTown
04-27-2007, 01:40 PM
Other than the ants, what's in the bottle?

Fish
04-27-2007, 01:41 PM
There are many mornings when yes.... I make coffee with my eyes closed.... my kitchen is also quiet dark in the mornings..

I'm really not a morning person...

It was Almond syrup in the bottle.....

penguinz
04-27-2007, 01:42 PM
Why would you ruin a good cup of coffee with that?

Baby Lee
04-27-2007, 01:48 PM
OMG, the ants were where the sweet/sticky stuff was!!
Will miracles never cease?

kepp
04-27-2007, 01:51 PM
There are many mornings when yes.... I make coffee with my eyes closed.... my kitchen is also quiet dark in the mornings..

I'm really not a morning person...

Pour some antifreeze in there and they'll die.

Phobia
04-27-2007, 01:52 PM
Heh heh. This is like an episode of CSI: Miami.

Baby Lee
04-27-2007, 01:55 PM
Heh heh. This is like an episode of CSI: Miami.
Ms. Boa-Vista? . . . What, . . about the almond syrup?
http://www.ctv.ca/generic/CTVShows/images/CSIMiami/CSIMiamiGallery/images/Miami-Caruso-300.jpg

Delano
04-27-2007, 01:57 PM
So I go home and wash my mug, wash the coffee pot, and run a cycle of water through the coffee maker.

Next morning, get to work... crunch..... hmmm.... crunch...

Finally ...

Let me get this straight. The second time you noticed the crunchy texture, you thought about it before proceeding to drink and chew some more? No wonder it took you a week to find the source.

Phobia
04-27-2007, 01:57 PM
"Get that... almond syrup ... to the lab immediately."

Dartgod
04-27-2007, 01:58 PM
Why are you chewing your coffee in the first place?

Rooster
04-27-2007, 02:10 PM
Ms. Boa-Vista? . . . What, . . about the almond syrup?
http://www.ctv.ca/generic/CTVShows/images/CSIMiami/CSIMiamiGallery/images/Miami-Caruso-300.jpg

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Eric
04-27-2007, 02:22 PM
I pissed in your pot.

The crunch you taste are my stones.

DMAC
04-27-2007, 02:44 PM
We once brought a cooler full of jungle juice on a canoe trip. Needless to say it didnt take the little boogers very long to find that stickyness.

Lucky for us they floated and the spout was at the bottom of the cooler.

They added much needed nutrients to our otherwise three day nutritionless drunken outing.

Mr. Plow
04-27-2007, 03:35 PM
So after the first few days, you didn't check the one sweet item you put in the coffee?

jidar
04-27-2007, 04:18 PM
Two things..
1: How the **** do you not notice that through the glass... especially for many consecutive days.

2: How the **** could you be looking for ants and not think to check the syrup?

Fish
04-27-2007, 04:20 PM
So after the first few days, you didn't check the one sweet item you put in the coffee?

Did you notice the words "common sense" or "obvious" or "logical choice" anywhere in my post?

If I would have been using my brain the story would have been much less interesting....

I honestly never once thought to check the syrup.... never crossed my mind till I had to move the bottle to clean the cupboard it was sitting on....

Baby Lee
04-27-2007, 04:28 PM
Don't you put things IN a cupboard?

Braincase
04-27-2007, 04:29 PM
Damn. I thought you were a guy.

Phobia
04-27-2007, 04:31 PM
I don't know if you guys have ever seen me make short jokes about Fish. He's just slightly taller than Vern Troyer. Of course he doesn't put things in the cupboard.

Joie
04-27-2007, 04:35 PM
Do you not put a lid on the syrup? And how did you not glance in that direction sometime during the week? Perhaps in the frantic cleaning of the coffee prep area....

Joie
04-27-2007, 04:37 PM
I don't know if you guys have ever seen me make short jokes about Fish. He's just slightly taller than Vern Troyer. Of course he doesn't put things in the cupboard.
The problem when you are short is that other people like to put things in the cupboard. On the top shelf. Where you don't realize they are until you need them and are in the middle of cooking. :cuss:

Fish
04-27-2007, 04:43 PM
That's it.... you shitheads can pick the ant parts out of my ass....

I'm gonna go make some coffee....

Joie
04-27-2007, 04:45 PM
That's it.... you shitheads can pick the ant parts out of my ass....

I'm gonna go make some coffee....
Be sure to look as you're pouring the syrup. :p

Baconeater
04-27-2007, 04:51 PM
The problem when you are short is that other people like to put things in the cupboard. On the top shelf. Where you don't realize they are until you need them and are in the middle of cooking. :cuss:
What, do you think it's all fun and games being tall? Among other things, you're constantly banging your head on stuff and short people are always asking you to reach things for them. It's a real pain in the ass to be honest.

Joie
04-27-2007, 05:06 PM
What, do you think it's all fun and games being tall? Among other things, you're constantly banging your head on stuff and short people are always asking you to reach things for them. It's a real pain in the ass to be honest.
I'm not buying that. I still hit my head often. And people expect us to go into small spaces. When I was a teenager I had to crawl into a two-room doghouse after a frisbee because the dog wouldn't get it and I was the smallest person available.

Frazod
04-27-2007, 05:11 PM
Christ, that's disgusting. :Lin:

Skip Towne
04-27-2007, 05:12 PM
The Air Force used to make tail gunners out of small people.

Baby Lee
04-27-2007, 05:16 PM
Fish drives on Iowanian, takin it to the hoop!!!

Valiant
04-27-2007, 06:52 PM
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/5127/image00014es4.jpg

Wonder how many of the little fuggers I consumed in the last week....

I don't drink coffee but how did they get crunchy??? Shouldn't they be squishy???

Fish
04-27-2007, 06:57 PM
I don't drink coffee but how did they get crunchy??? Shouldn't they be squishy???

Nope... definitely crunchy... like pepper...

Joie
04-27-2007, 06:59 PM
Nope... definitely crunchy... like pepper...
Yet you continued drinking it....day after day.....I can think of less disgusting ways to get extra protein.

KcMizzou
04-27-2007, 07:02 PM
I don't know if you guys have ever seen me make short jokes about Fish. He's just slightly taller than Vern Troyer. Of course he doesn't put things in the cupboard.My brother works with me now. A few days ago my manager was considering mounting some running boards on our side of the counter so he could see over.

And Fish... wtf man?!?!

blueballs
04-27-2007, 07:06 PM
ants could not crawl up that bottle
if it was not sticky -or did you put
it up Redrums mom and get crabs

Fish
04-27-2007, 07:07 PM
I can think of less disgusting ways to get extra protein.

...do tell.... :D

KcMizzou
04-27-2007, 07:08 PM
-or did you put
it up Redrums mom and get crapsWell I haven't heard of that, but I suppose it could be possible LMAO

blueballs
04-27-2007, 07:10 PM
Well I haven't heard of that, but I suppose it could be possible LMAO

she does roll the bones

Dave Lane
04-27-2007, 07:26 PM
Ummm no lid...?

Dave

Rain Man
04-27-2007, 07:41 PM
Fish drives on Iowanian, takin it to the hoop!!!
http://www.randomimage.us/files/4169b8c06ddfc.jpg

You know what's sad? I've been around here long enough that I know the picture that you were posting.

KcMizzou
04-27-2007, 07:43 PM
You know what's sad? I've been around here long enough that I know the picture that you were posting.Likewise. Long haired midget playing basketball?

el borracho
04-27-2007, 08:03 PM
He was making rock candy out of them.

ChiefaRoo
04-27-2007, 08:17 PM
OMG, the ants were where the sweet/sticky stuff was!!
Will miracles never cease?

Good protein and no need for sugar.