PDA

View Full Version : Feature : "Buddy" list and Private Messaging

AustinChief
03-25-2001, 10:15 PM
OK...if you've been in the "profile" section you may have seen the "buddy" lists and pm areas... it's a cool idea with a horrible name...so I'm going to change the names ...

So any suggestions on a new name for them...

"buddy list" > Planet Pals (ok ... I know...that sux too)

and

Private Messaging > ????

any suggestions....

--Kyle

Gaz
03-25-2001, 10:24 PM
"Fan mail from some flounder?"

xoxo~
Gaz
R & B fan.

AJKCFAN
03-25-2001, 10:34 PM
It's only an idea, but:

Sub "Tailgate List" in for "Buddy List"

Make PM something Chiefs-like, like "Arrowhead" or something.

KCWolfman
03-25-2001, 10:36 PM
Adam - That is pretty cool. I like Tailgate List

Sorry Gaz - I am an R&B Fan myself, but Flounder conjures way too many negative connotations.

Frazod
03-25-2001, 10:39 PM
Tailgate List works for me as well. All I could think of was "Chiefs Chums," which is even worse than Buddy List. :mad:

AustinChief
03-25-2001, 10:39 PM
ok...sounds like "tailgate list" is the one... I'll need something either short or with initials (i.e. PL for Parking Lot) to replace Private Messaging (PM)

So anyplace better than "Parking Lot" to use the "Tailgate List"?

Any more suggestions?

--Kyle

AJKCFAN
03-25-2001, 11:01 PM
Why not "Locker Room"?

L.R.

:|

The_Grand_Illusion
03-26-2001, 12:16 AM
How about "Smoke Signals" for private messaging?

TGI

AJKCFAN
03-26-2001, 12:19 AM
Grand _Illusion:

Please check your PM or "Smoke Signals" if you will.

You got mail! :)

AustinChief
03-26-2001, 12:32 AM
SWEET...

I'll get to work changing the wording...

"Tailgate list" and "smoke signals"

...or would it be better to stick with a Native American theme and instead of "tailgate list" use "my Tribe"???

Then we can save the tailgate idea for future use..(it's too good to not use somewhere...)

any votes...?

--Kyle

AJKCFAN
03-26-2001, 06:16 AM
Klye:

Tribe works for me...

Cormac
03-26-2001, 08:30 AM
Tribe and Smoke Signals sound good to me :)

Kyle,

Can I offer a suggestion? I think it would be really neat if the envelopes on the left of the topic headers turned another different colour if it was a topic that you replied to (or the topic header turned to bold face or something).......that way, for people (like me) who only reply to a couple of topics at a given time, could track those topics more easily and not miss replies that may be directed to them........Is this possible? I really hate to give you more work, this board is awesome as it is. I just thought if others agree, it might be something worth doing eventually. Thanks :D

While I'm on the topic.......are the participants of the chatroom who are logged on supposed to be visible as before? I couldn't see that others were online last night, when they were. Just curious.