PDA

View Full Version : A NEW Chiefs' FAN!!!

htismaqe
03-26-2001, 09:54 AM
Well, I found out today that I'm going to be a father...

WOW...not sure I'm ready for that.

Of course, my wife asked me if I preferred a boy or a girl, and I said, "I don't care...as long as it's a Chiefs' fan!"

TeenagerFromMars
03-26-2001, 09:58 AM
Congratulations, man!

Just think, if you have 52 more you'll have your own NFL team roster!

Gaz
03-26-2001, 10:27 AM
Congratulations and condolences.

You are going to need both, eventually.

xoxo~
Gaz
completed his child-rearing tour of duty.

bkkcoh
03-26-2001, 10:30 AM
Ditto what the senator said.

I married a lady with 3 kids and I have to say it is both the best and worst thing I ever did.

If it is a boy name it Brian !!!!!! lol

morphius
03-26-2001, 10:47 AM
Congratulations!!! It feels like forever before the baby gets here, my wife's due date is today, so the baby should be coming soon.

Morphius
Now if we only had a name for him.

Gaz
03-26-2001, 10:50 AM
I always thought that "Gaz" would be a butt-kicking middle name...

xoxo~
Gaz
Shameless.

ct
03-26-2001, 10:52 AM
Heartiest congratulations to you and the wife!!! And best of luck to morph as well.

Off-topic, hope you don't mind Gaz, but I 'borrowed' your 'Defense Homer' custom title for myself. It is perfectly appropriate for me as well.

Gaz
03-26-2001, 10:54 AM
coryt-

The more the merrier.

xoxo~
Gaz
Making room on the DH bandwagon.

morphius
03-26-2001, 10:56 AM
Gaz - "Scott Zilla Packard" bombed big time, and I'm sure that anything that sounds like Gas with the Packard car will not go over very well either.

Morphius

ct
03-26-2001, 11:02 AM
morph & htismaqe,

The first for both of you?

morphius
03-26-2001, 11:04 AM
Cory - Yes it is. I'm currently somewhere between scared out of my mind and really excited.

ct
03-26-2001, 11:18 AM
That sounds like exactly the right place to be!!! :D

And you won't be leaving that place by much anytime soon. You will make a quick jump in the direction of TOTAL EXHAUSTION in the short term, before sliding somewhat towards PRETTY DAMN FRUSTRATED over the long haul. But VERY EXCITED and SCARED OUT OF MY MIND will continue to be major players.

Just a preview of what to look forward to.

BIG_DADDY
03-26-2001, 11:19 AM
morph & htismaqe,

Congradulations to both of you. I am sure you will both be great parents. We can certainly use those additional chiefs fans as well. Now tell me the truth. You have already been checking out the mini-chiefs apparel haven't you?

ct
03-26-2001, 11:21 AM
As for htismaqe, for the next 7 months or so, you'll be WALKING ON EGGSHELLS and growing EYES IN THE BACK OF YOUR HEAD, to avoid the hormonal induced UFOs around the house. But you'll also be growing VERY EXCITED and SCARED OUT OF MY MIND, plus honing your HOUSEHOLD HANDYMAN skills preparing for a new baby.

morphius
03-26-2001, 11:31 AM
Big_Daddy - Already have a bunch of stuff!!! It is helpful knowing that it is a boy.

htismaqe
03-26-2001, 03:29 PM
All,

Yes it's my first. And yes, it's pretty freaky, but I'm pretty happy and excited too.

As for the Chiefs apparel, the wife decided to announce the news by presenting me with a pair of tiny Chiefs' socks this morning!

ct
03-26-2001, 03:33 PM
Nice touch!!

BIG_DADDY
03-26-2001, 03:58 PM
htismaqe,

Now that's an announcement.

Archie F. Swin
03-26-2001, 04:28 PM
A tip from your Uncle Pants . . .

. . leave now and do everything you will later need a babysitter for.

Go out every week and see three or four movies . . . shoot pool . . . go see a baseball game . . .

won't be much much time for that funny business once the young'uns arrive.

Your lives change when your children are born . . . but not in a bad way.

Cormac
03-26-2001, 04:31 PM
Congrats htismaqe. That's great news.....and a cool way to find out!

Good luck in the next few waiting days Morph!!! BTW, I guess "morphlet" was no-go then huh?

Gary
03-26-2001, 04:44 PM
CONGRATS TO BOTH OF YOU GUYS! I HAVE A 4 MONTH OLD. I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE HIM ALL DUDDED UP IN CHIEFS APPAREL, BUT IT'S PRETTY DAMN HARD TO FIND GOOD STUFF WHEN YOU LIVE IN FLORIDA. PEOPLE ARE LIKE "THE KANSAS CITY WHO?". I'M LIKE A PILGRIM IN AN UNHOLY LAND!!!

47mack
03-26-2001, 05:01 PM
Morph & HT

Congrats. Our first is due in 4 weeks. We flew back to MO a couple of weeks ago and got the greatest presents ever from the soon-to-be grandparents. We got the full Chiefs attire....stocking hat, teether, bottle, etc. For the most part, I had no idea what they were to be used for, I just like that they had the Chiefs logo on them.

ChiTown
03-26-2001, 05:14 PM
Congrats HM!

The birth of your child is second to none. Include in that, we all get an additional Chiefsfan, and what could be better.

Hey Morph,
Good luck to you and the wife with your first. If todays the due date, I'm sure your sweating bullets. We are are expecting our second sometime this week. Our 2.5 yr old has been practicing with his bear on how to treat his new sibling. God help this newborn! Take care,

Chi

Otter
03-26-2001, 06:39 PM
You guys are going into territory I have yet to experience so all I could really say here's to good luck and good health.

http://realbeer.com/spencer/amber-ale.gif