PDA

View Full Version : Did Carl screw up our chances at Quinn?

DaWolf
04-28-2007, 02:26 PM
Jerry Jones needs to send Carl a big thank you card, with Carl's quote that Quinn would be a Chief at 23 yesterday, Dallas held all the cards in fielding trade up calls, and teams KNEW for sure they had to move ahead of us.

Not a good way to play draft chess.

Sigh...

Douche Baggins
04-28-2007, 02:29 PM
Maybe...JUST MAYBE...the Chiefs DIDN'T want Quinn. Ever think of that? And now a player they wanted falls to them.

DaWolf
04-28-2007, 02:41 PM
Well considering what Savage just said, we were actually talking about trading out of the first round. So it might be safe to say that:

A)Carl lied (manipulated the media)
B)BALTIMORE is actually the team that F'ed us because if Cleveland doesn't make the deal with Dallas, BMOre probably does, so it made no sense to trade up with us...

Logical
04-28-2007, 03:00 PM
Maybe...JUST MAYBE...the Chiefs DIDN'T want Quinn. Ever think of that? And now a player they wanted falls to them.Yes why would we want a franchise QB?

Fruit Ninja
04-28-2007, 03:01 PM
I dont think anyone in their rightmind thought Quinn would fall that far. I know i didnt,

bkkcoh
04-28-2007, 03:03 PM
I dont think anyone in their rightmind thought Quinn would fall that far. I know i didnt,
Amen to that. I wasn't expecting him to be there at 23, so i wasn't upset that he got picked at 22.

The Bad Guy
04-28-2007, 03:09 PM
Maybe...JUST MAYBE...the Chiefs DIDN'T want Quinn. Ever think of that? And now a player they wanted falls to them.

Didn't want Quinn?

I would have torched Arrowhead if he was there when we drafted.

We should have traded up with Jacksonville to 21 to get him.

ChiefsLV
04-28-2007, 03:10 PM

Even if the Chiefs didn't want him, they still could have told the Browns, look, we'll pick him if you don't trade with us. We just helped the Cowboys big time. ****!! I'm pissed.

I don't think Dwayne Bowe was someone that was a threat to be taken earlier either.

Thanks Carl. You're all ****ing quiet in your little pre-draft media showcase, and then you turn around and **** us the night before the draft.

BCD
04-28-2007, 03:12 PM
I hope he did. Way to go Carl! I like the Bowe pick better.

dj56dt58
04-28-2007, 03:41 PM
I think Carl was lying...he also said we wouldn't be taking a receiver in the 1st round right?

Messier
04-28-2007, 03:44 PM
Didn't want Quinn?

I would have torched Arrowhead if he was there when we drafted.

We should have traded up with Jacksonville to 21 to get him.

That would have been very dumb.