PDA

View Full Version : Thank God Quinn didn't drop to us

Hoover
04-28-2007, 02:30 PM
We have way too many needs to be taking another young qb. We drafted Croyel last year so we don't need to draft Quinn this year. Lets continue to build the D or rebuild the Oline

Manila-Chief
04-28-2007, 02:32 PM
I Agree Hoover ... except I was hoping he would fall and Kingless would make the trade and get us more draft choices.

Tribal Warfare
04-28-2007, 02:51 PM
Dwayne Bowe, not too shabby

The Bad Guy
04-28-2007, 03:12 PM
I love the way too many needs mentions.

QB was just as big of a need as anything.

Our future rests with a guy who couldn't stay healthy and Damon Huard.

Anyone excited about that needs to stop watching football.

The Bad Guy
04-28-2007, 03:12 PM
We drafted Croyle last year so we don't need Quinn?

That's like buying a Ford Taurus and saying, I don't need the Mercedes.

DaWolf
04-28-2007, 03:16 PM

I agree that Quinn would have been a terrific pick for us. However before we start writing off Croyle as a guy who can't stay healthy, let's see what he does here after a couple of years of NFL training. Obviously Herm thinks he can play and he's a guy with some intangibles. Now, I guess for better or worse, we're gonna see what he has. Certainly if he succeeds it wouldn't be the first time a mid draft pick blossomed into a gem.

The real issue here, IMO, is that our OL has serious issues. No QB we put back there is going to succeed if we continue to pass block like we did in the playoffs last year. Which is, in my opinion, a bigger reason that we're "simplifying" the offense, IMO...

Hoover
04-28-2007, 03:20 PM
A Mercedes is a luxury item thie Chiefs don't need.

Why do you want a Mercedes when you live in a shack.

Mecca
04-28-2007, 03:41 PM
Yea I mean it would have totally sucked to have Cleveland give us a top 10 pick next year...

oaklandhater
04-28-2007, 03:45 PM
Yea I mean it would have totally sucked to have Cleveland give us a top 10 pick next year...

Dont forget QB wasn't a need because we have the all mighty Brodie Croyle.

oaklandhater
04-28-2007, 03:48 PM

My God some one has common sense im astound.

Fairplay
04-28-2007, 03:51 PM

Quinn=Mercedes........ :shake:

buddha
04-28-2007, 03:52 PM
The bottom line is that Carl doesn't have the stones to secure a player like Brady Quin unless he just happens to fall into his broad lap. Period. End of story. Bowe is a very good player in a position of perpetual need, so there's nothing wrong with that pick. However, if Quin turns into a great QB, we'll all remember this day and King Carl sitting on his hands afraid to go get the franchise QB.

JimNasium
04-28-2007, 03:54 PM
Quinn is the next incarnation of Kyle Boller.

Bearcat
04-28-2007, 03:56 PM

Are three question marks much better than two??(?) Who knows if Huard can play an entire season, who knows how good Croyle will be, who knows if Quinn will live up to the hype or down to his play in big games..... and who knows if any three of them can survive with our current line.

Virtua Chief
04-28-2007, 03:58 PM
You don't need a Mercedes when you have a Bradley tank named Johnson in the backfield.

Zebedee DuBois
I am happy with our pick. Quinn is no Rich Scanlon.

Bearcat
The bottom line is that Carl doesn't have the stones to secure a player like Brady Quin unless he just happens to fall into his broad lap. Period. End of story. Bowe is a very good player in a position of perpetual need, so there's nothing wrong with that pick. However, if Quin turns into a great QB, we'll all remember this day and King Carl sitting on his hands afraid to go get the franchise QB.

It's funny he says that every year.... I actually remember him saying "If Ron Dayne falls to us" (well, when people thought he would be good). Someone told me yesterday he said that about Quinn.

And the one time we jumped up to get someone, he ends up being a double quarter pounder bust, and the one time someone falls to us that we really needed, we trade down, pass up the same guy again and get LJ.

I'm starting to get the feeling we aren't very good at this LMAO

JimNasium
04-28-2007, 03:59 PM
I am happy with our pick. Quinn is no Rich Scanlon.
Are you stoned? BRodie Quin is the second coming of Joe Dakota.

DenverChief
04-28-2007, 04:01 PM

STFU :BS:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3839845#post3839845

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RBj8J9qkh6U"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RBj8J9qkh6U" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6gba1XZb5bo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6gba1XZb5bo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Lzen
04-28-2007, 04:02 PM

Didn't we trade up to get Tony Gonzales in 1997?

And we also traded up to get Ryan Sims in 2002. :shake:

If Quinn turns into a bust, we will all remember this day. ;)

htismaqe
04-28-2007, 04:03 PM

Brady Quinn wasn't gonna rectify the situation. He's not the next Peyton Manning.

broncobilly
04-28-2007, 04:21 PM

This guy gets it.

Moving up for Quinn would have meant that every team in the AFC West would legit potential QBOFT on their rosters. Now it's everyone BUT you.

Ouch...

Frankie
04-28-2007, 04:50 PM

Call me a homer with a gut feeling. But it tells me Croyle will have a better career than Quinn.

crazycoffey
04-28-2007, 04:52 PM

yeah, I found something to agree with Mecca on!!!!!

I was hoping we could make that trade...

kcirnamffoh
04-28-2007, 04:53 PM
Chiefs have too many needs and too few picks to be throwing them all at one player or giving up enough to entice another team to bite. KC doesn't have that leverage. NE for instance had two firsts to play with. Cleveland will miss those picks, you watch. As much as I'd like to see Peterson peter out, this was a good pick. Tony G. needs some help. The Chiefs need balance and ignoring this offensive fall out wouldn't be working toward achieving that. I admit that if Quinn was available it would have been very entertaining to have seen how Peterson would have handled that, considering everything that's going on.

htismaqe
04-28-2007, 06:01 PM
This guy gets it.

Moving up for Quinn would have meant that every team in the AFC West would legit potential QBOFT on their rosters. Now it's everyone BUT you.

Ouch...

There's a reason Quinn dropped.

Overrated.

Baby Lee
04-28-2007, 06:09 PM

Except, particularly at the QB position, all you get to pick in the draft is a box with the Mercedes logo on it.
I'd rather the Chiefs find and develop a Montana, Tom Brady, Trent Green, than take a runner on an Akili Smith, Tim Couch, Mirer, Leaf, in the hopes of a Manning [older, not younger].

Mr. Laz
04-28-2007, 06:10 PM
yea ... i would of hated for Quinn to fall to us and have cleveland give us a 1st and 2nd round draft pick.

woo woo .. thank gawd we missed that.

DenverChief
04-28-2007, 06:13 PM
yea ... i would of hated for Quinn to fall to us and have cleveland give us a 1st and 2nd round draft pick.

Who is to say that would have happened? Nobody knows WHAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED...hell Carl might just have kept him and we would have

Green
Huard
Croyle
Jacobs
Printers
AND
Quinn

On the roster WOO HOO!

Mr. Laz
04-28-2007, 06:17 PM
Who is to say that would have happened? Nobody knows WHAT COULD HAVE HAPPENED...hell Carl might just have kept him and we would have

Green
Huard
Croyle
Jacobs
Printers
AND
Quinn

On the roster WOO HOO!
ahhh ..... but if Quinn falls to us we have the choice.

and you are really comparing Brady Quinn with Printers,Jacobs .... even Huard for that matter?

cleveland cut in front of us ..... took away a valuable option and cut the value of our pick in half.

Baby Lee
04-28-2007, 06:18 PM

Green
Huard
Croyle
Jacobs
Printers
AND
Quinn

On the roster WOO HOO!
Maybe we could duct tape three of them together and put them out there at left tackle.

htismaqe
04-28-2007, 06:21 PM

He wasn't dropping to us.

The Cowboys told everyone that they would just take him.

Mr. Laz
04-28-2007, 06:31 PM
He wasn't dropping to us.

The Cowboys told everyone that they would just take him.
source?

besides that's not what the thread is about now is it .... changing it to suit you.

it's about whether Brady Quinn not falling to us was a good thing or not.

btw that's what a team says if they want to increase their leverage for a trade.

if you want to argue how good Brady Quinn is ...... fine

if you want to argue whether we need a QB .... fine

but it's completely and utterly moronic to make the claim that it's a GOOD thing that Brady Quinn didn't fall to us and give us that option.

htismaqe
04-28-2007, 06:43 PM
source?

besides that's not what the thread is about now is it .... changing it to suit you.

it's about whether Brady Quinn not falling to us was a good thing or not.

btw that's what a team says if they want to increase their leverage for a trade.

if you want to argue how good Brady Quinn is ...... fine

if you want to argue whether we need a QB .... fine

but it's completely and utterly moronic to make the claim that it's a GOOD thing that Brady Quinn didn't fall to us and give us that option.

Fox Sports Radio...I'm not sure who their "Adam Schefter" was, but the Cowboys said they were wanting picks in next year's draft or they were prepared to take Quinn.

morphius
04-28-2007, 06:49 PM
And the one time we jumped up to get someone, he ends up being a double quarter pounder bust...

Yeah, I'm still pissed about trading up to get Gonzo, what a flippen waste!!!

:D

Hendrix68
04-28-2007, 06:53 PM
I wish Quinn had fallen to us.

Croyle is a joke. He can get hurt sneezing.

He has no clue, no shot and no chance ever as a professional football player.

Quinn will probably make the Hall of Fame.

Croyle will be stocking groceries in 2 years, ala Matt Blundin and about 289 other "project for the future" young quarterbacks drafted.

GoHuge
04-28-2007, 07:04 PM
yeah, I found something to agree with Mecca on!!!!!

I was hoping we could make that trade...Yeah I think they got their second rounder as well. :cuss: That would have been sweet :)

htismaqe
04-28-2007, 07:17 PM

Croyle will be stocking groceries in 2 years, ala Matt Blundin and about 289 other "project for the future" young quarterbacks drafted.

Man, you're on a roll!

Chris Meck
04-28-2007, 07:34 PM
Brady Quinn has not played a single down of pro football,and someone just said he's "probably headed to the hall of fame".

That's so unbelievably stupid that it boggles the mind.

Not one single person on planet freakin' earth has any idea at all whether or not Quinn will be anything at all. Measurables? he's not all that special. Certainly no Ryan Leaf, and remember how that turned out?

Intangibles would seem to be there; but what does that mean, really? I mean, Trent Dilfer was a helluva guy, good leader. Well, I guess he did win a super bowl if that's the kind of QB you want.

How about David Carr? Boy, he sure looked like the total package. So did Joey Harrington.

Whatever happened to Heath Shuler? He looked pretty solid coming out. so did Boller. so did George. So did Mirer, for that matter.

and I bet if any of you crying about not getting Quinn now were even watching football at the time that you all screamed bloody murder at not taking any of those guys.

KC just took a young QB that they like last year. We haven't seen Croyle yet. You don't draft another one now. What, you want two completely unproven QB's? And yeah, Quinn is UNPROVEN. Totally. No NFL experience. Oh yeah, and he tended to blow it in big games. That's really what you think is hall-of-fame material?

Huard is an insurance policy. We know he can play solid ball. If and when Croyle is ready, we'll see what we have there. But you can't just switch gears without giving him a chance.

I actually like Quinn; I think he's got a chance to be a good NFL QB. But it's a CHANCE, people. He's not the second coming of Montana (who by the way, was a skinny kid that went in the 3rd round). He MIGHT become that....or just as easily become Leaf/Shuler/Mirer/Boller/etc.

personally, I don't like drafting a QB in the first round EVER, because there is absolutely no guarantee that they'll pan out- and in fact, more of the good ones came in later rounds. So just because our hopefully QBOTF came in last year's 3rd doesn't mean that any of the guys drafted in front of him are any more legitimate prospects.

DenverChief
04-28-2007, 07:49 PM
Brady Quinn has not played a single down of pro football,and someone just said he's "probably headed to the hall of fame".

That's so unbelievably stupid that it boggles the mind.

Not one single person on planet freakin' earth has any idea at all whether or not Quinn will be anything at all. Measurables? he's not all that special. Certainly no Ryan Leaf, and remember how that turned out?

Intangibles would seem to be there; but what does that mean, really? I mean, Trent Dilfer was a helluva guy, good leader. Well, I guess he did win a super bowl if that's the kind of QB you want.

How about David Carr? Boy, he sure looked like the total package. So did Joey Harrington.

Whatever happened to Heath Shuler? He looked pretty solid coming out. so did Boller. so did George. So did Mirer, for that matter.

and I bet if any of you crying about not getting Quinn now were even watching football at the time that you all screamed bloody murder at not taking any of those guys.

KC just took a young QB that they like last year. We haven't seen Croyle yet. You don't draft another one now. What, you want two completely unproven QB's? And yeah, Quinn is UNPROVEN. Totally. No NFL experience. Oh yeah, and he tended to blow it in big games. That's really what you think is hall-of-fame material?

Huard is an insurance policy. We know he can play solid ball. If and when Croyle is ready, we'll see what we have there. But you can't just switch gears without giving him a chance.

I actually like Quinn; I think he's got a chance to be a good NFL QB. But it's a CHANCE, people. He's not the second coming of Montana (who by the way, was a skinny kid that went in the 3rd round). He MIGHT become that....or just as easily become Leaf/Shuler/Mirer/Boller/etc.

personally, I don't like drafting a QB in the first round EVER, because there is absolutely no guarantee that they'll pan out- and in fact, more of the good ones came in later rounds. So just because our hopefully QBOTF came in last year's 3rd doesn't mean that any of the guys drafted in front of him are any more legitimate prospects.

OFT

DenverChief
04-28-2007, 07:55 PM
Maybe we could duct tape three of them together and put them out there at left tackle.

LMAO

Frankie
04-29-2007, 08:08 AM

Wow! Another informed opinion. From a n00b, no less.