PDA

View Full Version : Turk McBride Interview

Virtua Chief
04-28-2007, 08:47 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/04/28/qa_with_dedt_turk_mcbride/

Q: What are your thoughts about being drafted by the Kansas City Chiefs?

McBRIDE: 的知 extremely pleased. I知 happy and I知 speechless. I知 so excited.

Q: Did you have any idea you would get picked at this point in the draft?

McBRIDE: 的 had a good feeling deep down that I was going to be (drafted) somewhere in that range, but I didn稚 know. I could have told you it was a possibility, but I didn稚 really know.

Q: How did your visit to Kansas City go a couple weeks ago?

McBRIDE: 的t went extremely well. I got a chance to meet a lot of people and that went extremely well. I also have two teammates playing there (WR Chris Hannon and P Dustin Colquitt), so I知 happy about it.

Q: In college you played inside and outside, where do you fit the best with the Chiefs?

McBRIDE: 典o be honest I don稚 even know. I don稚 think I really got the chance to excel at each position the way I know I could. Just off of what I was doing at Tennessee going back and forth so I don稚 think I excelled. My comfort zone right now I壇 say is defensive tackle, but I think in the long run I値l be a better defensive end.

Q: Did you follow the Chiefs growing up?

McBRIDE: 的 always liked their uniforms to be honest. When I was in college, one of their offensive linemen reminded me of my roommate. That was really the only thing I followed about them.

Q: Why do you think your coaches called you the most valuable lineman?

McBRIDE: 的 think it痴 because I知 hard working and my dedication and the type of person I am. I知 relentless and I think that痴 where a lot of that comes from.

Q: You started 17 games in college, do you think you池e ready for the NFL?

McBRIDE: 的知 going to be ready for it. The coaches did a great job so I know I値l be ready.

Q: What did you and Gunther Cunningham talk about on your visit to Kansas City?

McBRIDE: 展e just talked about the scheme. He wanted to pick my brain to see if I knew the defense and how well I can learn. That was the main thing. I believe he know I was a player on the defensive side of the ball and he wanted to see how well I learned and how well I could grasp the defense.

Tribal Warfare
04-28-2007, 08:52 PM
Yay, Eric Hicks part 2 :banghead:

penchief
04-28-2007, 08:56 PM
Yay, Eric Hicks part 2 :banghead:

I'm hoping he's 'relentless' in the Hali mold and not the Hicks mold.

unothadeal
04-28-2007, 08:58 PM
Q: Did you follow the Chiefs growing up?

McBRIDE: 的 always liked their uniforms to be honest. When I was in college, one of their offensive linemen reminded me of my roommate. That was really the only thing I followed about them.
...oooookaaaaaay

Virtua Chief
04-28-2007, 08:58 PM
I think he will be good in the rotation and will get a lot of playing time with JA out the 1st quarter of the season. And he likes the uniform!

milkman
04-28-2007, 09:01 PM
I'm beginning to think that TW doesn't like this draft so far.

Direckshun
04-28-2007, 09:09 PM
Q: In college you played inside and outside, where do you fit the best with the Chiefs?

McBRIDE: 典o be honest I don稚 even know. I don稚 think I really got the chance to excel at each position the way I know I could. Just off of what I was doing at Tennessee going back and forth so I don稚 think I excelled. My comfort zone right now I壇 say is defensive tackle, but I think in the long run I値l be a better defensive end.
I smell trouble brewing from a mile away.

Count Alex's Losses
04-28-2007, 09:18 PM
This guy is nothing like Eric Hicks.

DaKCMan AP
04-28-2007, 09:22 PM
I like the Turk McBride pick.

Virtua Chief
04-28-2007, 09:24 PM
Turk with his motor next to Wilkinson who thankfully has a motor next to Boone next to Tamba could be good

DaKCMan AP
04-28-2007, 09:37 PM
Now adding Tank Tyler makes the Turk pick even better!!

chagrin
04-28-2007, 09:38 PM
I like the Turk McBride pick.

Fascinating insight, care to say why you like that pick? I mean, as much as you had to follow the SEC, surely you saw the guy play yes?

DaKCMan AP
04-28-2007, 09:40 PM
Fascinating insight, care to say why you like that pick? I mean, as much as you had to follow the SEC, surely you saw the guy play yes?

High-motor, high-effort guy who hasn't reached his full potential yet, meaning he should improve. Good size in height, a little light for DT but playing next to Tank Tyler should help that. Also versatile to play both DT & DE.

chagrin
04-28-2007, 09:42 PM
High-motor, high-effort guy who hasn't reached his full potential yet, meaning he should improve. Good size in height, a little light for DT but playing next to Tank Tyler should help that. Also versatile to play both DT & DE.

Okay, well I read that already on yahoo sports, I thought you could share a little more.

DaKCMan AP
04-28-2007, 09:49 PM
Okay, well I read that already on yahoo sports, I thought you could share a little more.

What else do you want me to say? When I watched the Vols games I heard his name called often and he was involved in many stops.

Count Alex's Losses
04-28-2007, 11:09 PM
Just heard McBride bench presses 460

beer bacon
04-29-2007, 03:33 AM
I was just reading Clark Judge's defensive tackle analysis, and I found out that McBride was 1st team SEC last year. Didn't know that.

CoMoChief
04-29-2007, 05:01 AM
Im extremely pissed off we drafted this guy, once again KC shows their fans that they absolutely refuse to draft any quality players in the 2nd round.

DaKCMan AP
04-29-2007, 08:00 AM
Im extremely pissed off we drafted this guy, once again KC shows their fans that they absolutely refuse to draft any quality players in the 2nd round.

LMAO

CupidStunt
04-29-2007, 08:32 AM
I'm always good with drafting high-effort football players from the SEC.

el borracho
04-29-2007, 08:58 AM
Just heard McBride bench presses 460
What a pussy! Our new WR benches 550!

Bowser
04-29-2007, 09:53 AM
What a pussy! Our new WR benches 550!

Oh yeah? Well, my dad can beat up their dads!