PDA

View Full Version : The Player that you don't want KC to draft

Tribal Warfare
03-26-2001, 05:39 PM
I select Fred Smoot, the guy would get hammered and brutalized by bigger WR's.

oleman47
03-26-2001, 06:47 PM
I voted against Green because I could not bear the thought of reading troll trash. If he did well, they would take credit and if he did bad, then we were stupid.

Mi_chief_fan
03-26-2001, 06:47 PM
I select Michael Bennett, the next Leland McElroy.

ExtremeChief
04-06-2001, 09:21 AM
I voted for Green...if we could vote for two I would add Drew Brees...damn, I don't like Bennett either!!!

liking Moss or a DT above all...

kcred
04-06-2001, 03:15 PM
I actually wish there was a fifth choice. All of the Above. I votged for Green though.

Gary
04-06-2001, 03:20 PM
"OH GOD, FIRST, WOULD YOU PLEASE SEND A LIGHTNING BOLT UP CARL P'S A$$ IF HE GIVES UP KC'S 12TH PICK AND ANY OTHER'S FOR TRENT GREEN? IT SURE WOULD MEAN A LOT TO ME...NOT TO MENTION ABOUT 10 MILLION CHIEFS FANS THAT WILL BE CONTACTING YOU IF CARL PULLS THAT TRIGGER & LOSES THE CHANCE TO BUILD A MUCH BETTER FUTURE FOR OUR TEAM!!!"

Mosbonian
04-06-2001, 07:28 PM
Can I add that I would beg Carl NOT to pick Michael Vick, no matter what all his workouts show. When he faced a good Defense in college he wilted like week-old lettuce sitting in the sun!!!

No Trent Green either!!!

Logical
04-07-2001, 01:07 PM
Mark,

I agree 100% along with Bennett you could not pay me enough to draft Michael Vick.

Praying San Diego screws up another draft and takes Vick.

Yeah Baby, two QB busts in the 1st and 2nd position of the draft for the Bolt/Dolts

:D

Clint in Wichita
04-08-2001, 10:52 PM
Marcus Stroud should be on the list. He'd definitely get my vote.

1punkyQB
04-10-2001, 09:41 AM
Mark
As a Hokie, I have to defend Vick here. Against FSU, the best team he ever played against, in the Sugar Bowl he put the team on his back. Two defenders tore up their knees trying to catch him. He placed two of the most gorgeous bombs you'll ever see in the WR's hands and did it with a great DL pressuring him. 225 passing, 97 rushing. He was in no condition to even be playing at UM last year, so I can't fault him for not playing well for the quarter they put him in for before going with the backup.

NaptownChief
04-17-2001, 08:59 AM
Punky QB,

I agree with you about his performance in the Sugar Bowl, but I have watched him a lot and so far he seems to be getting a ton of milage out of that one performance....Cause the rest of his games have been nothing more than a great athlete running around and lining up under center....IMO he has proved virtually nothing as a QB other than he is a tremendous athlete....

1punkyQB
04-17-2001, 10:28 AM
I saw all his games, and sometimes he did try to do too much. My old roommate even said he was trying to win the Heisman every play(I don't agree with that. MV is a pretty humble guy, from what I've read). That said, he did something incredible in almost every game. He reminded me of a Barry Sanders at QB. Many times he'll lose yards where another player would not, but he'll make plays no one else would. His run in the Boston College game last year had me LOL at how silly he made the defenders look. He generally threw the ball pretty well last year, though he was erratic, and his freshman year he had the second highest QB rating in NCAA history. He can pass too, believe me.

JOhn
04-17-2001, 11:15 AM
As I said before, I would rather lose a 1st round for brees than Green. but would rather take a RB, forgot his name, with our first, then try and nab brees with a 2nd round pick ( unfortunatly we don't have a 2nd round pick)

TeenagerFromMars
04-17-2001, 11:57 AM
I'm just not sold on Green. Had to vote against him. If I were GM, I think a flop in the draft would be easier to swallow than a flop in free agency or trading.

KCTitus
04-17-2001, 12:32 PM
Vick only played against two quality teams. Tech's football schedule is a cake walk because the big east offers no competition. Unlike most other conferences, theres usually another contender or team that will give the front runner a game, but not with the big east these last two years. Techs out of conf schedule, 3 games, were even easier.

Last year, Miami was up to the challenge, as it was the first year out from under probation. In 1999, Miami was NOT a team that could give Vick any trouble.

Like JL80 said, Vick just outran the defense because he was playing against pud teams. If you watched any of those games, whenever Tech got into trouble the play call was a QB keeper around the outside--an easy play for Vick in college, that wont happen in the NFL.

Vick got hurt last year after the first contact he received and never recovered from it during the season.

1punkyQB
04-17-2001, 03:41 PM
Titus
The BE is at least D1 ball. Steve McNair does alright having played at Alcorn St. and is a comparable player(actually slower, though he has better strength as a runner). Keep in mind also that against the toughest, fastest team he faced, he played a terrific game. He did it mostly with his arm that day and I think he'll have to make a similar adjustment in the NFL, although he'll still be fun to watch when he takes off(other than 2 weeks of the season, of course).