PDA

View Full Version : Who was the best in the west on day 1?

el borracho
04-28-2007, 10:28 PM
Chiefs
Dwayne Bowe
Turk McBride
Tank Tyler

Raidurrs
JaMarcus Russell- QB
Zach Miller- TE
Quentin Moses- DE
Mario Henderson- OT
Johnnie Lee Higgins- WR

Nappy Headed Bronc Hoes
Jarvis Moss- DE
Tim Crowder- DE
Ryan Harris- OT

San Diego
Craig Davis- WR
Eric Weddle- S
Anthony Waters- ILB

Douche Baggins
04-28-2007, 10:29 PM
Chiefs. Broncos in a close second. Raiders had one good pick. Chargers bring up the rear.

VonneMarie
04-28-2007, 10:29 PM
LOL @ Nappy Headed Bronc Hoes ROFL

Pestilence
04-28-2007, 10:30 PM
1. Chiefs
2. Raiders
3. Broncos
4. Chargers

We filled 2 of our main holes. If the Raiders would have picked up more O-line then I would give them a better grade.

The Chargers reached in my opinion.....and the Broncos are the Broncos.

the Talking Can
04-28-2007, 10:36 PM
Raiders look like a DV draft...

Denver has a good draft, it will be interesting to compare Crowder and Turk, both DE's from power schools taken in the 2nd...

San Diego made a stupid trade for a safety in the 2nd

probably

Denver/Chiefs
Oakland
Chargers

Dave Lane
04-28-2007, 10:50 PM
I'd say

Dungver
Chiefs
Oakland
and I really am puzzled by SD

Dave

boogblaster
04-28-2007, 10:55 PM
Nappy-holed-Dungeaters/Chiefs/Faiders/Diego...

Direckshun
04-28-2007, 11:01 PM
1. Chiefs -- Chiefs likely finished building their DL today, and Bowe fills our needs perfectly.

2. Broncos -- It's likely they found their solution on the DL while acquiring an above average LT. But gave up too much in the process.

3. Raiders -- Offense, offense, offense. They still have a long way to go but their picks were okay.

4. Chargers -- Reaches and players that won't have any impact.

keg in kc
04-28-2007, 11:06 PM
I'm with the consensus, I guess.

The Broncos rate just above us, because of the McBride pick. I didn't like their trade for Moss (not the player, the trade itself, didn't make sense to me).

The Raiders were basically Russel and then...who?

The Chargers had one of the worst drafts I can remember, in terms of my immediate reaction. It was just awful, particuarly giving up what they did for a player that probably would've been available not only when they picked, but in a later round.

Frosty
04-28-2007, 11:09 PM
I would be more impressed with Denver's draft if they hadn't given up a bunch of picks to move up and get a 250 lb DE that probably would have been there anyway.

Oakland's draft is a real boom or bust draft.

San Diego's was weird, like they couldn't be bothered.

StcChief
04-28-2007, 11:11 PM
LOL @ Nappy Headed Bronc Hoes ROFL
Ditto..... MF.

:cuss: ROFL spit my VT on the monitor keyboard.

Ugly Duck
04-28-2007, 11:13 PM
Chiefs. Raiders had one good pick.

I dunno, dood.... Oakland's picks ain't so bad. TE was a position of need, & they got a guy ranked #1 or #2. Thats 2 good players. Also traded a 4th round pick for Mike Williams & McCown - good value. Lookit the positional rankings from GBN:

Raiders
#1 QB Jamarcus Russell
#2 TE Zach Miller (#1 on some lists)
# 8 OT Mario Henderson

Chiefs
#4 WR Dwayne Bowe
#4 DT Tank Tyler
#5 DT Turk McBride

Pitt Gorilla
04-28-2007, 11:14 PM
I just noticed the Colts draft. They did a very nice job today.

Frosty
04-28-2007, 11:15 PM
I just noticed the Colts draft. They did a very nice job today.

So did the Falcons.

Ugly Duck
04-28-2007, 11:16 PM
Crowder and Turk, both DE's

I thought Turk was a DT?

Douche Baggins
04-28-2007, 11:17 PM
I dunno, dood.... Oakland's picks ain't so bad. TE was a position of need, & they got a guy ranked #1 or #2. Thats 2 good players. Also traded a 4th round pick for Mike Williams & McCown - good value. Lookit the positional rankings from GBN:

Raiders
#1 QB Jamarcus Russell
# 8 OT Mario Henderson

Chiefs
#4 WR Dwayne Bowe
#4 DT Tank Tyler
#5 DT Turk McBride

JaMarcus Russell isn't a good player. The tight end was a nice pick.

KcMizzou
I thought Turk was a DT?That's open for debate.

BWillie
Considering that the Raiders had the #1 pick and the best player in the draft how on Earth couldn't they of had the best day from the AFC West?

the Talking Can
04-28-2007, 11:19 PM

Raiders
#1 QB Jamarcus Russell
# 8 OT Mario Henderson

Chiefs
#4 WR Dwayne Bowe
#4 DT Tank Tyler
#5 DT Turk McBride

you drafted 1st in each round...getting the #1 or #2 guy is a given

If the Chiefs had the #1 position in each round and came away with that draft I'd be pissed....Carolina had a much better draft than you, for example...

but it's all speculation until they play

el borracho
04-28-2007, 11:19 PM

Raiders
#1 QB Jamarcus Russell
# 8 OT Mario Henderson

Chiefs
#4 WR Dwayne Bowe
#4 DT Tank Tyler
#5 DT Turk McBride
I think the implication is that the TE was the one good pick and everyone else was a boom or bust type pick.

el borracho
04-28-2007, 11:21 PM
Considering that the Raiders had the #1 pick and the best player in the draft how on Earth couldn't they of had the best day from the AFC West?
They also had more picks than anyone else but it's still debatable, lol.

BigRock
04-28-2007, 11:25 PM
I'd put the Raiders at the top just in terms of all the people they got, especially when you add in the Lions trade. SOME of those guys have to work out.

KC and the Broncos followed a similar strategy and spent 2 picks on the D line, although I'm not sure if OT was as big a need for them as WR was for us. Regardless, they gave up a lot to make those picks, and we didn't give up anything.

San Diego stinking things up was nice to see. AJ Smith will be fired in 3 years.

1) Oak 2) KC 3) Den 4) San Diego (distant 4th)

Ugly Duck
04-28-2007, 11:26 PM
JaMarcus Russell isn't a good player.

How is it that all them scouts & pudits & coaches could be so wrong about him..... you got some kinda inside info?

The Raiders and Browns both landed possible franchise QBs, making them winners on Day 1 of the draft. John Clayton

Winners
1. Cleveland Browns: All right, they gave away a potential top-five pick in next year's draft to get Quinn at No. 22. We all realize the Browns may not be very good next season. The roster has age in the front seven of the 3-4 defense and numerous other holes. The reason the Browns are the big winners is because they potentially filled two of the five major building blocks of a team, getting Quinn and left tackle Joe Thomas. Teams win with quality players at left tackle, defensive end, cornerback, wide receiver and quarterback. If the Browns lose next season, general manager Phil Savage and coach Romeo Crennel might not be around to reap the rewards of this draft. Regardless, Savage did a great job despite the price.

2. Lane Kiffin and Al Davis: They had to take a quarterback. The franchise was set back by not taking Matt Leinart or Jay Cutler a year ago. The 31-year-old coach and the ageless Davis played catch-up Saturday. They had to take JaMarcus Russell instead of playing around with second- or third-round prospects. Getting TE Zach Miller in the second round was the right call, too. The Raiders topped the day off by acquiring quarterback Josh McCown and wide receiver Mike Williams from Detroit for a fourth-round choice. McCown, who comes to the team on a one-year contract, can carry the team into the season as the starter, buying Russell time to learn the offense and feel comfortable in the NFL. The Raiders' quarterback problems will be solved for the start of the 2007 season with McCown, and hopefully in the future with Russell.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/index

el borracho
04-28-2007, 11:29 PM
I think the argument is that Russell was rated largely on potential.

Extra Point
04-29-2007, 12:03 AM
Russell had a lot of rating help from one of the best programs in the NCAA. We got one of the best pieces from their board.

Mecca
04-29-2007, 12:05 AM
Quintin Moses was considered a 1st round talent not that long ago........the Raiders draft is pretty good, but when you pick that high it should be.

Douche Baggins
04-29-2007, 12:06 AM
How is it that all them scouts & pudits & coaches could be so wrong about him..... you got some kinda inside info?

He's dumb as a box of rocks and has zero class. He called up our new wide receiver after the draft and said the Raiders were going to whoop the Chiefs.

KcMizzou
04-29-2007, 12:09 AM
He's dumb as a box of rocks and has zero class. He called up our new wide receiver after the draft and said the Raiders were going to whoop the Chiefs.The man is clearly a moron. Has he even watched a Raiders game recently?

:)

kchero
04-29-2007, 01:46 AM
He's dumb as a box of rocks and has zero class. He called up our new wide receiver after the draft and said the Raiders were going to whoop the Chiefs.

Okay, he was clearly joking with one of his good buddies from the team....people dont need to take everything so literal on here.