2nd round - Dick Vermeil
3rd round(75) - Brian Allen LB Florida State
3rd round(77)- Mario Fatafehi DT Kansas State
4th round(104)-James Jackson RB Miami
4th round(105)-Kevin Kasper WR Iowa
5th round(133)-Reggie Hayward DE Iowa State
6th round(166)-Eric Kelly CB Kentucky
7th round(196)-Josh Booty QB LSU

Well I doubt CP is going to give me his job but I would be pretty happy if we ended up something similar to this in the real draft....

Give me your thoughts....

Otter
03-26-2001, 07:43 PM
Hutchenson could be an anchor for years. Good pick.

I'm asuming Travis Henry was not available in the 3rd.

I think we need to get McMahon or Tuiopasio (?) in the 4th now that we have potential to develop home grown Chiefs QB.

Besides that go defense with the rest. Not bad at all though.

hawaiianboy
04-06-2001, 02:18 PM
Pretty good effort there Spanky...
3-4 of those guys would start from the jump for you...

After the required contract holdout, HUTCH would improve your running game no matter which converted FB you're playing back there this year...

ALLEN and FATAFEHI are day 1 starters...

I like JACKSON alot more than alot of other people do... Roatating in the Miami system hurt his status IMO...
Don't know much about HAYWARD as watching Iowa St. in those damn all red unis was painful....

KELLY was a steal at 6... He's potentially better than any CB on your roster right now..

VeeDee in RD2?... Whats a matter, Marv Levy and Chuck Knox were off the board already?

Gaz
04-06-2001, 02:27 PM
I assume that Beuerlein is your starter and you plan to groom Booty to take over in a couple of years? I like Weinke, Tuiasosopo or McMahon in the QBOTF role.

I would be surprised [but pleased] to see Fatafehi there at #77.

I agree that Hutchinson is a reasonable pick at #12, but brace yourself for some serious "drop the crack pipe" smack from the HB Homers.

It is not what I would do, but I see the logic behind your choices.

xoxo~
Gaz
Quibbling.

hawaiianboy
04-06-2001, 02:58 PM
gaz....

I was in this particular mock draft with ole Leighty... Weinke and McMahon were off the board by the time Joe came up in the 3rd I believe.... Kasper and Jackson were better picks in the 4th than Tui was IMO...

We're in another mock draft now and he's had a great draft IMO... so far:

RD1... Dan Morgan
RD3... Casey Rabach (pre Weigman)
RD3... Willliam Peterson(CB) A steal!
RD4... Kevin Kasper (WR)
RD4... Dan Alexander (RB).

Gaz
04-06-2001, 03:04 PM
jq-

What did your draft look like?

xoxo~
Gaz
Peering into the murky B&S waters.

hawaiianboy
04-06-2001, 03:14 PM
gaz...

My draft....

RD1... Derrick Gibson [peer pressure pick]
RD2... Ken-Yon Rambo
RD3... Edge Hartwell (SSLB)
RD4... Jabarri Holloway (TE)
RD5... Jimmy Williams (CB)
RD6... David Allen (RB)
RD7... Ryan Goven (LB)

An allright draft, but opting to go SS in the first threw me out of whack.... In the current draft, I've picked by my own instincts this time ... so far

RD1... Torrance Marshall (SSLB)
RD2... Hakim Akbar (SS)
RD3... Alge Crumpler (TE)

I'm about 4 picks away from my spot in RD4... I'll take either QCarter or Reggie Germany if they are still available....

Gaz
04-06-2001, 03:25 PM
jq-

I have to agree with Marshall over Gibson. I also like Hartwell, but several draftniks downgraded him for size and speed. On the up side, he will hit...

What is up with Rambo? I see him in the 2nd on one mock and the 4th on another. A lot of guys are listed in various Rounds, but the standard deviation on Rambo is HUGE. I know he had some drops, but I would think that his size and speed would put him way before the 4th.

xoxo~
Gaz
Alternately amused and dismayed at the mock drafts on the web.

kcred
04-06-2001, 04:12 PM
Any of these drafts would be good, in that, they do not include Trent Green. If we can get by that, then I will be interested in the draft. However, with the recent activity, I am really believeing Carl caves, and we end up with Green. Then we might go 6-10, not 4-12.

One Arrowhead Dave
04-06-2001, 10:20 PM
A few thoughts on Ken-Yon Rambo-

I watched every game of his Ohio State career and I would anticipate him going in the third or fourth round.
I do not want the CHIEFS to draft him.

Rambo was in the middle of a pretty ugly situation prior to the Buckeyes loss to South Carolina in this years Outback Bowl. Rambo, a team captain, was openly questioned about his leadership style twords his teammates. Sophmore LB Matt Wilhelm had a meeting with Rambo on behalf of a contingent players to voice their displeasure with Rambo's work ethic and showboating style and poor leadership.

The Buckeyes got killed by the unranked Gamecocks.

Rambo displayed average catching ability at Ohio St. ( too many dropped passes)

hawaiianboy
04-06-2001, 11:47 PM
Davey....

I am aware of Rambo's lack of maturity (OU fan since Woody)... I do like his upside as a pro though, as I do Reggie Germany.... Both players have all the physical attributes necessary.... I believe had they played with a QB other than the horribly inaccurate Bellisari... they would have been as prolific as the Moss/Wayne duo in Miami...

Besides, history says WR's out of OU do very well as pros.... The Raiders will take him... I agree his rep as well as the less than stunning numbers he put up in his workout may drop him to RD3.... Feast or famine guy.... he'll end up a star or out of the league IMO.

One Arrowhead Dave
04-07-2001, 12:13 AM
JQ- good points.....a couple more thoughts -

I'm not totally down on Rambo. The way he finished at Ohio State was a big disappointment to many.
Rambo does well catching out patterns as well as the fly.
Rambo's speed is pretty good but he never showed it returning kicks.

On QB Bellisari - Yes he was inconsistant but in all fairness he has had to play behind HORRIBLE offensive lines(no time to throw) and his recievers dropped more passes than I've ever seen.
Bellisari played good and bad ball his sophmore and JR seasons......word out of spring practice is that Bellisari is still the leading cantidate to start in the fall.
Also, Bellisari will be under his third different O-coordinator in three seasons. He will surprise this year.

As far as Sr. WR Reggie Germany - his game seems to have regressed since his soph. season.
Germany has excellent size, a long strider, and is very athletic(high jump background if I'm not mistaken) He was also disappointed many by having a 0.0 GPA and becoming ineligable for the Outback bowl as a senior (a big part of the Rambo issue, he never got after his fellow Senior WR to hit the books)
Germany was the king of dropped passes this past season but I believe he was distracted by his grades.