PDA

View Full Version : BPA

el borracho
04-29-2007, 12:23 PM
The problem with BPA is that it lacks instant appeal to Pro fans who don't watch college ball. The Chiefs may be doing an exceptional job of going BPA but they aren't filling the obvious, immediate needs on the Oline nor the near future needs in the secondary. I expect to get killed in all the post-draft grades and I expect a lot of whining here at the planet even though we all cried for BPA. We probably have set some pieces for the future but we haven't necessarily solved our immediate needs. Sorry, that is what happens when you select the BPA.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-29-2007, 12:29 PM
What is BPA?

chagrin
04-29-2007, 12:30 PM
best player available

Priestgets30TDs
04-29-2007, 12:31 PM
Best player available?

el borracho
04-29-2007, 12:35 PM
best player available
Yep.

htismaqe
04-29-2007, 12:36 PM
We don't have any immediate needs.

People need to come to terms with the fact that Herm is overhauling this team.

We're gonna win 6 games this season.

scott free
04-29-2007, 12:38 PM

Thats an unusually pessimistic prognostication from you, i completely disagree.

88TG88
04-29-2007, 12:38 PM
Who are u referring to ?

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-29-2007, 12:39 PM
best player available
Oh yea.... sometimes the board reminds me of two teenage girls texting each other.

but we're all bff imo.

el borracho
04-29-2007, 12:43 PM
Thats an unusually pessimistic prognostication from you, i completely disagree.
How many games do you think we will win with our Oline? Sorry, but our Oline is terrible and this was a bad draft to fix it- so we didn't. This is going to be a tough year for Chiefs fans. San Diego and Denver both look much better on paper.

el borracho
04-29-2007, 12:44 PM
Who are u referring to ?
Who are you asking and what are you asking them about?

Infidel Goat
04-29-2007, 12:45 PM
We filled immediate needs on day 1 with people who were pretty close to BPA.

Nobody we draft on day 2 has much chance at starting except the kicker we just picked.

Infidel Goat
04-29-2007, 12:46 PM
Dallas just went kicker. We've started a run.

Infidel Goat
04-29-2007, 12:47 PM
Miami picks in two spots. I guess we'll know soon if Carl caves.

Smed1065
04-29-2007, 12:48 PM
I agree and think this draft is fine and the draft next year is solid in OL. IIRC.

Coach
04-29-2007, 12:49 PM
We don't have any immediate needs.

People need to come to terms with the fact that Herm is overhauling this team.

Overhauling = Reubilding?

htismaqe
04-29-2007, 12:49 PM
How many games do you think we will win with our Oline? Sorry, but our Oline is terrible and this was a bad draft to fix it- so we didn't. This is going to be a tough year for Chiefs fans. San Diego and Denver both look much better on paper.

Finally somebody acknowledges reality...

88TG88
04-29-2007, 12:50 PM
I'm asking you who do you think wasn't the BPA ?

scott free
04-29-2007, 12:51 PM

We won 9 with a much lesser LT than what we have now & added a fresh new playmaker at WR.

The D has been bolstered QUITE nicely.

I still disagree with the negativity.

htismaqe
04-29-2007, 12:52 PM
Overhauling = Reubilding?

Pretty much. We're not rebuilding completely, because we have signed some free agents. But he's bringing in his own guys...every person we've brought in allows us to cut a player that was brought here by Vermeil, for good or bad.

Coach
04-29-2007, 12:53 PM
Pretty much. We're not rebuilding completely, because we have signed some free agents. But he's bringing in his own guys...every person we've brought in allows us to cut a player that was brought here by Vermeil, for good or bad.

I don't have a problem with overhauling. It's been quite awhile since it was needed.

htismaqe
04-29-2007, 12:54 PM
We won 9 with a much lesser LT than what we have now & added a fresh new playmaker at WR.

The D has been bolstered QUITE nicely.

I still disagree with the negativity.

With any luck, we'll be starting a 2nd-year QB...

Skip Towne
04-29-2007, 12:54 PM
.....and why?

Rausch
04-29-2007, 12:56 PM

In most cases they were players that needed to go. Kawika looked to have topped out, Sims is a slug, Wesley was backsliding, Hicks needed benched, Black just sucked, and Ty Law is obviously an upgrade.

I don't know that we had to deal Green or Hall but good arguments can be made for both, and we needed to add a legit WR...

el borracho
04-29-2007, 01:05 PM
I'm asking you who do you think wasn't the BPA ?
Your question confuses me. I think the Chiefs have been selecting BPA according to their board all the way through. All I'm doing is noting that BPA drafts aren't as immediately appealing because we aren't addressing our immediate concerns. Our lines were our biggest concerns this offseason. This draft happened to have good talent and value for the Dline which happened to match one of our biggest needs. In that case BPA matched our need and we took some players that will help us this year.

But this draft did not have a lot of talent nor value for the Oline which was our other big need. Since we have been selecting BPA and the value was not there for Oline we have not selected any Olinemen. Therefore our other big, immediate need is not being filled in the draft. Outside of our 1st and 3rd pick it hasn't been a sexy draft but it may be a good draft.

Cliff notes: Quit crying, people