PDA

View Full Version : SHOOTING... Multiple Victims at WardParkway Target

Ari Chi3fs
04-29-2007, 03:25 PM
Really F'n close to where I work. Wow.

Not a lot of details, just multiple victims right now. No definitive details.

Silock
04-29-2007, 03:28 PM
****ed up.

Demonpenz
04-29-2007, 03:29 PM
some people take the draft too seriously

ct
04-29-2007, 03:29 PM
I know GC like Tynes. anybody seen him?

stlchiefs
04-29-2007, 03:31 PM
Man, I just got in an argument with my girlfriend last week. Her brother is in college and looking for a part time job. I told him to go out to the Dicks, Petsmart, and Target at Ward Parkway. I said it had really been cleaned up around there the past couple of years, guess I lost that argument.

memyselfI
04-29-2007, 03:37 PM
Too close for comfort.

memyselfI
04-29-2007, 03:38 PM
Man, I just got in an argument with my girlfriend last week. Her brother is in college and looking for a part time job. I told him to go out to the Dicks, Petsmart, and Target at Ward Parkway. I said it had really been cleaned up around there the past couple of years, guess I lost that argument.

No, they've actually done alot to clean up that neighborhood and keep that mall alive in the age of dying malls. It's just a sad trend sad to say.

stlchiefs
04-29-2007, 03:39 PM
Wow, it's on the breaking news headline on cnn.com.

Adept Havelock
04-29-2007, 03:43 PM
Madness. Just pure f'in madness. :shake:

BigVE
04-29-2007, 04:05 PM
http://www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=3060847&version=13&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Mecca
04-29-2007, 04:06 PM
Tynes found out we drafted a kicker.........I'm surprised he didn't miss he usually can't hit anything in a pressure situation.

KCChiefsFan88
04-29-2007, 04:07 PM
I'd like to hear the pro-gun zealots spin this one

Extra Point
04-29-2007, 04:08 PM
Sad. Just ****ing sad!

stlchiefs
04-29-2007, 04:18 PM

Someone always has to come and make it a political debate. STFU Congrats you just bought this thread a ticket to DC.

wazu
04-29-2007, 04:29 PM

I vote we designate Ward Parkway as a "Firearm-Free Victim Zone". (There ya go.)

GoHuge
04-29-2007, 04:29 PM
I'd like to hear the pro-gun zealots spin this oneOh good God :rolleyes:

BigOlChiefsfan
04-29-2007, 04:33 PM
Can't you wait til we mop up the blood before you start the political spin?

My condolences to the families of wounded and the dead.

Phobia
04-29-2007, 04:36 PM
All connected to an original DB located at 3700 E 93rd according to FOX4.

blueballs
04-29-2007, 04:39 PM
they really need a name change

chagrin
04-29-2007, 04:40 PM
Tynes found out we drafted a kicker.........I'm surprised he didn't miss he usually can't hit anything in a pressure situation.

Not entirely accurate statement. He was key to our win against San Diego in KC last October. He hit a 47 then a 52 (or 53) against the wind to win the game. Too bad he can't make the ones he's expected to make.

Raiderhader
04-29-2007, 04:40 PM

You have issues.

chagrin
04-29-2007, 04:41 PM
Sorry to hear about this, I hope they get the person responsible. I don't have any details so I don't know if they already have the person or not?

BigOlChiefsfan
04-29-2007, 04:42 PM
3 crimes scenes all told. 3700 E 93rd, dead body. Alert about victims car. 1330 E. Bannister, car spotted and a shootout with the policeman who spotted him. The shooter appears to have driven to the Mall and started shooting with a long gun. The gunman is dead.

Phobia
04-29-2007, 04:43 PM
Now 3 dead confirmed in the mall (including gunman), DB on 93rd St, 2 wounded at mall, and an officer shot in the arm at an earlier gas station confrontation (not critical).

Phobia
04-29-2007, 04:44 PM
Vics in Starbucks. I'm pissed about $5 coffee too.

chagrin
04-29-2007, 04:45 PM
So this guy started shooting people in one area then ended up at the mall shooting people too? Oh my God, that's horrible :(

BigOlChiefsfan
04-29-2007, 04:45 PM
Ward Parkway still in lockdown - a giant crime scene. Shoppers won't be released for some time yet.

Silock
04-29-2007, 04:48 PM
Vics in Starbucks. I'm pissed about $5 coffee too.

?

Phobia
04-29-2007, 04:49 PM
So this guy started shooting people in one area then ended up at the mall shooting people too? Oh my God, that's horrible :(

He shot somebody at one location and his vehicle was put on an APB. His car was spotted at a gas station and confronted which is where the officer took a round in the arm. Then minutes later he started a rampage at the mall. Three different crime scenes not including multiple locations in the mall. That's all the info available from FOX4 who has people on the ground (and a news chopper in the air).

Phobia
?

That's a horrible joke. Sorry.

BigOlChiefsfan
Man was shooting a rifle in the parking lot, shot 2. Then went inside and shot 2 more. A guard/policeman shot the man at this point.

Phobia
04-29-2007, 04:51 PM
Man was shooting a rifle in the parking lot, shot 2. Then went inside and shot 2 more. A guard/policeman shot the man at this point.

You have better info than I'm getting from FOX4. Source?

chagrin
04-29-2007, 04:53 PM
He shot somebody at one location and his vehicle was put on an APB. His car was spotted at a gas station and confronted which is where the officer took a round in the arm. Then minutes later he started a rampage at the mall. Three different crime scenes not including multiple locations in the mall. That's all the info available from FOX4 who has people on the ground (and a news chopper in the air).

I just read about a lady who was in the parking lot with her daughter, in their vehicle - she said she saw the guy "shoot in the direction of starbucks" and then reloaded and started shotting again.

WTF is happening? Down here in Central Florida, they arrested a kid who had assault rifels and ammo, and was planning to go on a rampage, citing his repsect for the Virginia Tech sicko.

BigOlChiefsfan
04-29-2007, 04:54 PM
KCtv5. They were near the mall when it happened, broke in on their golf game. Footage of police running thru lot w/shotguns at the time. On the spot interview with a police spokesgoober w/good info.

Adept Havelock
04-29-2007, 04:57 PM

:shake:

At least let the bodies cool before you start using this tragedy to start pushing some pro or anti gun BS.

It's just vulgar. No class whatsoever.

Good job by LEA putting the guy down.

noa
04-29-2007, 05:05 PM
Let's please not turn this into a gun control debate...tragic events close to home.

Ari Chi3fs
04-29-2007, 05:15 PM
unreal. Literally work right across from there. If this happened tomorrow... I would have probably been at McAllisters Deli, cuz that shit is delicious.

stlchiefs
04-29-2007, 05:19 PM
What's the meat shop just south of there on Ward Parkway? I always used to pass by and it smelled SO GOOD. (no disrespect to the awful news, but also trying to change the topic from gun control)

Simplex3
04-29-2007, 05:20 PM
No, they've actually done alot to clean up that neighborhood and keep that mall alive in the age of dying malls. It's just a sad trend sad to say.
No, the sad trend is liberal bedwetters like you who just shrug your shoulders at this crap and say "well, it's a sad trend".

Simplex3
04-29-2007, 05:24 PM
Unless this guy was shooting the place up with a legally purchased and registered weapon there's nothing more gun laws would have done to stop it.

chagrin
04-29-2007, 05:28 PM
What's the meat shop just south of there on Ward Parkway? I always used to pass by and it smelled SO GOOD. (no disrespect to the awful news, but also trying to change the topic from gun control)

I just want to say that my intent was not to post about gun control, I was just posting what I thought was relevant, so I apologize if my post seemed political, I didn't think it was.

Simplex3
04-29-2007, 05:36 PM
It's peculiar, my wife and I took our kids to the KC Zoo today and on the drive back discussed that it's a shame KCMO doesn't clean up the areas around the places that should be their crown jewels. It's time to take out the trash. I hear they're looking for people to move back to New Orleans.

Demonpenz
04-29-2007, 05:43 PM
maybe it will get cleaned up when we get a major that is tough on crime

Simplex3
04-29-2007, 05:44 PM
maybe it will get cleaned up when we get a major that is tough on crime
Yes, I see the overly-criminal and criminal-sympathetic population of KCMO electing a mayor who's tough on crime. Not.

chagrin
04-29-2007, 05:47 PM
It's peculiar, my wife and I took our kids to the KC Zoo today and on the drive back discussed that it's a shame KCMO doesn't clean up the areas around the places that should be their crown jewels. It's time to take out the trash. I hear they're looking for people to move back to New Orleans.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Too much real history there, send them to Oakland - now that the Freeway collapsed on their side of the bay, it's the first step to making it an Escape from LA type place.

Priestgets30TDs
04-29-2007, 05:49 PM

Mcgonigle's?

Wow crazies are getting too close to home.

Bowser
04-29-2007, 05:52 PM
No, the sad trend is liberal bedwetters like you who just shrug your shoulders at this crap and say "well, it's a sad trend".

Over malls getting closed? What the f*ck?

Simplex3
04-29-2007, 06:02 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Too much real history there, send them to Oakland - now that the Freeway collapsed on their side of the bay, it's the first step to making it an Escape from LA type place.
Oooohhh. Very nice.

Simplex3
04-29-2007, 06:03 PM
Over malls getting closed? What the f*ck?
I think she was saying that people going on shooting sprees is a sad trend.

stlchiefs
04-29-2007, 06:04 PM
I just want to say that my intent was not to post about gun control, I was just posting what I thought was relevant, so I apologize if my post seemed political, I didn't think it was.

I don't know about others, but my remarks concerned this post: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3938452&postcount=12
not yours Chagrin. I think you stayed out of the cross hairs.

Demonpenz
04-29-2007, 06:04 PM
Yes, I see the overly-criminal and criminal-sympathetic population of KCMO electing a mayor who's tough on crime. Not.

Sad to see this

BucEyedPea
04-29-2007, 07:34 PM
I saw this on the news this evening....and thought of you folks.
What is up with all the copycat shootings lately?

Guess it's time to shop on line from now on. This could happen anywhere it seems.

2bikemike
04-29-2007, 07:43 PM

Guess it's time to shop on line from now on. This could happen anywhere it seems.

Copycats are exactly right. Don't know why other than all the media attention.

splatbass
04-29-2007, 07:59 PM
I think she was saying that people going on shooting sprees is a sad trend.

I read it as saying that it is sad that malls are going away. But if you feel the need to spout simplistic hateful insults like "liberal bedwetters" over something like that more power to you.

gblowfish
04-29-2007, 09:37 PM
If you shoot a cop in the arm, the last place you want to run into is a store called "Target."

The two other people who got capped were just innocent bystanders in their cars when the perp popped out of his car. Wrong place at the wrong time.

Dave Lane
04-29-2007, 09:49 PM
I was driving by when this first started breaking just saw like 7-8 police cars come flying up. I had at least 5-6 helicopters flying over my house I live 300 yards or so west and the whole house was shaking. Very weird to see thwt on the news. I used to go in that Starbucks almost every day and know several of the workers by name. This is definately too close to home.

Dave

Thig Lyfe
04-29-2007, 09:53 PM
If only every Target employee carried a gun!

Dave Lane
04-29-2007, 10:40 PM
Better yet if just everyone was packing. Could have been the greatest shootout of all time.

Dave

stlchiefs
04-29-2007, 10:44 PM
Mcgonigle's?

Wow crazies are getting too close to home.

That's it. Anyone ever buy anything from there. I checked out their website and it looks like some expensive beef. Mmm, but it sounds so good right now.

Phobia
04-29-2007, 11:02 PM
That's it. Anyone ever buy anything from there. I checked out their website and it looks like some expensive beef. Mmm, but it sounds so good right now.

Best pulled pork sandwich in town. My pulled pork is a poor imitation of theirs.

stlchiefs
04-29-2007, 11:04 PM
How come they never get mentioned on a KC BBQ thread then?

When I lived in KC that Petsmart at Ward Parkway mall was the one I always went to and used the Target there as well. The smell from McGonigles was always so tempting but I never made it in.

Phobia
04-29-2007, 11:08 PM
How come they never get mentioned on a KC BBQ thread then?

When I lived in KC that Petsmart at Ward Parkway mall was the one I always went to and used the Target there as well. The smell from McGonigles was always so tempting but I never made it in.

Probably because they're not your typical restaurant. They're more like a butcher/specialty shop with custom meats. They also happen to make sandwiches to go. The sandwiches are more of an afterthought. I dunno.

I think they have been mentioned in BBQ threads though.

To be fair, their sandwiches are so good because they use Blues Hog sauce - heavily. The heavenly taste is 90% Blues Hog and that's not their product, FWIW.

stlchiefs
04-29-2007, 11:27 PM
So Blues Hog sauce is the secret. Can you buy that at any grocery stores? Speaking of sauce what are some of your favorites? I will try different ones occasionally and got some Sweet Baby Rays here in St. Louis and I think it's a pretty good sauce: sweet with a nice little kick at the end.

Thig Lyfe
04-29-2007, 11:28 PM
Only on CP could a thread about a local shooting turn into a barbecue thread.

Phobia
04-29-2007, 11:45 PM
So Blues Hog sauce is the secret. Can you buy that at any grocery stores? Speaking of sauce what are some of your favorites? I will try different ones occasionally and got some Sweet Baby Rays here in St. Louis and I think it's a pretty good sauce: sweet with a nice little kick at the end.

I'm not a big sauce fan. Good BBQ should stand on its own, IMO. The exceptions to that rule are chopped beef, pulled pork, and sometimes briskett.

Blues Hog is a sugar dominated sauce that is very good in pulled pork and good as a rib glaze. I don't think you can get it at grocers. It generally comes in a quart jar.

But I like Gates and Beaty to jazz up crappy BBQ. Arthur Bryants is decent, especially if you're looking for low sugar/low carb sauces.

Demonpenz
04-29-2007, 11:46 PM
for how good kc barbeque is i still think it needs to be pimped out nationally more. **** memphis

Bugeater
04-29-2007, 11:50 PM
Get a bottle of this stuff and mix it 50/50 with your BBQ sauce if you want a little more kick.

http://www.lingonberriesmarket.com/catalog/images/DSC07399.jpg

keg in kc
04-30-2007, 01:05 AM
I hadn't heard anything about it until I was talking to my mom (in WV) tonight and she asked me about it. She said she'd seen it was a KCMO mall, and I told her it was probably near where I used to live (on Bannister road). I figured it was Bannister Mall. Guess I wasn't too far off.

Shame things like this happen.

jynni
04-30-2007, 02:07 AM
This is nuts. I was in that Starbucks this afternoon round bout 12:30...crazy...

chagrin
04-30-2007, 05:47 AM
Is there any information on the shooter-dude yet?

hawkchief
04-30-2007, 07:15 AM
Better yet if just everyone was packing. Could have been the greatest shootout of all time.

Dave

Actually, I'm surprised that there weren't dozens of the WP Mall patrons "packing". The place has gotten better, but is still scary. I was taking a leak after a movie a few years ago in the Theatre rst rooms, a guy walks in a tells everyone lined up peeing to reach for the sky. He laughed, joking, but none of us found it funny.

Glad to see the "Knife Store" closed, however, there wasa too much irony with that place in there next to the Theatre.

Simplex3
04-30-2007, 09:27 AM
I read it as saying that it is sad that malls are going away. But if you feel the need to spout simplistic hateful insults like "liberal bedwetters" over something like that more power to you.
As opposed to what, classy and uplifting insults? By their very nature insults are simplistic and hateful. As a matter of fact, hateful is kind of the point.

BigRedChief
04-30-2007, 10:50 AM

Your pissed? Go get yourself a gun and kill as many as you can before taking your own life.

I was in that Target on Saturday. I was commenting to others on that day that they had cleaned up Ward Parkway and it was a nice place. Don't think this will hurt its image. Just a whack job not gang violece,

Ari Chi3fs
04-30-2007, 11:21 AM
Probably because they're not your typical restaurant. They're more like a butcher/specialty shop with custom meats. They also happen to make sandwiches to go. The sandwiches are more of an afterthought. I dunno.

I think they have been mentioned in BBQ threads though.

To be fair, their sandwiches are so good because they use Blues Hog sauce - heavily. The heavenly taste is 90% Blues Hog and that's not their product, FWIW.

****er. I went there for lunch today... it is so delicious. I have BBQ sauce all over my face right now, and sauce on the keyboard.

Now, i will have to go there once or twice a week.

Big ass pulled pork sammich, $3.50

Had to go through the Suburban Jungle to get there... Ward Parkway is all closed off with policemen blocking the entrances. Crazy.

BigOlChiefsfan
04-30-2007, 11:43 AM
Noon news update, following day.

The police are sending bomb-robots into the shooters home now after a cop noticed something 'suspicious' thru the windows this morning. WDAF 4 TV will cover the police news conference live at 2pm today.

Shooter was supposed to be 'mentally ill' and had been fired from the Target store at the mall.

One policeman just said that the reason the death toll wasn't higher than it is was because the local force has learned from other calamities, and planned accordingly. They didn't wait 'for things to quiet down' but went in after the gunman immediately. Tip of the old chapeau to the men and women in blue. Here's to the brave folks running in when everyone else is running out.

Re: McGonigles. Great brats and italian sausage, too. Best veal in town. Great seafood (limited selection, but what they have is top notch)

BigOlChiefsfan
04-30-2007, 01:30 PM
Goober's house was boobytrapped w/home made bomb. The shooter had been turned down for a security guard liscense. He had a plan, per the police, and was headed for Bannister Mall to shoot 'em up over there. The policeman who spotted and stopped him at the convienence store took away 2 handguns, and this thwarted the goober's plan in part (before they had a shootout after goober got to his long gun). So goober went to Ward Parkway and shot innocent folks there instead.
31 fired rounds (assumed) found from the suspect's weapon at Ward parkway. .30 cal carbine, per the cops. (M1 carbine)
Pulled into a parking space, shot the person next to him. Went over and shot another person 1 car length away.

Simply Red
04-30-2007, 01:46 PM
Sticky Fingers in Columbia, SC isn't bad for down here in the Southeast.

Who got shot again?

Cochise
04-30-2007, 01:48 PM
I didn't even realize that Ward Parkway was still open.

Simply Red
04-30-2007, 01:53 PM
As opposed to what, classy and uplifting insults? By their very nature insults are simplistic and hateful. As a matter of fact, hateful is kind of the point.
GO FUGG YOURSELF!!! :p :)

Brando
04-30-2007, 02:09 PM
Blues hog is the bomb diggity.
Very sad about the mall. We go up there to Targer every Sunday and since I'm so lazy didn't get around to going yesterday.

chasedude
04-30-2007, 03:20 PM
What the hell is this world coming to? Every mental defect is picking up weapons and shooting innocent people. I have deep sympathy for all those involved and Rep! to the police for jumping on the calls quickly.

Simplex3
04-30-2007, 04:55 PM
...He had a plan, per the police, and was headed for Bannister Mall to shoot 'em up over there...
WTF? Isn't Bannister pretty much a wasteland? Would there have been anyone there to shoot?

Ultra Peanut
04-30-2007, 04:58 PM
They shootin'!
Naw I made ya look,
you a slave to a page in my rhyme book.

Adept Havelock
04-30-2007, 05:02 PM
WTF? Isn't Bannister pretty much a wasteland? Would there have been anyone there to shoot?

Pretty much. I was curious and stopped by there a few months ago...there's about two or three dozen little mom and pop stores and a flea market.

BigRedChief
04-30-2007, 05:09 PM
ROFL
Yep. They could have had a Bass Pro Shop go into there and turn the place around. But the city of KC said that they couldn't afford to give them tax breaks. That they needed the tax revenue. Well guess what Einstein you got chit. You don't even have the frigging Wal-Mart anymore.

stlchiefs
04-30-2007, 05:12 PM
ROFL
Yep. They could have had a Bass Pro Shop go into there and turn the place around. But the city of KC said that they couldn't afford to give them tax breaks. That they needed the tax revenue. Well guess what Einstein you got chit. You don't even have the frigging Wal-Mart anymore.

That Wally World closed? Man that was the WORST by far. I used to shop there as it was the closest one and the place was a mess. I'd say hello and thank you to the workers (remember I was the customer here) and not get a response, this pissed me off so I was always sure to say it a couple of times super nice. If it's closed it's a good thing, those jagoffs didn't deserve jobs.

As far as TIFs, KC sucks at them. They just released reports that their TIFs are far behind what they had calculated when they issued them years ago and the city is out millions. That would make anyone a little wary of issuing more, especially out at Bannister.

Fairplay
04-30-2007, 05:22 PM
Anyone know where i can buy an assault rifle?

Baby Lee
04-30-2007, 05:38 PM
That Wally World closed? Man that was the WORST by far. I used to shop there as it was the closest one and the place was a mess. I'd say hello and thank you to the workers (remember I was the customer here) and not get a response, this pissed me off so I was always sure to say it a couple of times super nice. If it's closed it's a good thing, those jagoffs didn't deserve jobs.

As far as TIFs, KC sucks at them. They just released reports that their TIFs are far behind what they had calculated when they issued them years ago and the city is out millions. That would make anyone a little wary of issuing more, especially out at Bannister.
Technically, it was a HyperMart.
And yes it's gone. It's been replaced with a, I believe it's monickered, Super Walmart, that took the place of the entirety of what used to be Blue Ridge Mall.
Sad thing was, for the last months of it's existence, they had a big architect's rendering of the Blue Ridge Mall facility inside the entrance to HyperMart.
I'm very curious if that area, and the area south of the 71 Triangle, will rebound once the 71 Triangle super-plan is completed. Both areas have been down, most markedly since Montgomery Wards went OOB.

BigOlChiefsfan
05-01-2007, 09:56 AM
The owner of MgGonigles is on AM talk radio a lot on the weekends, always running some kind of charity special or another. Just heard him say that this weekend (Cinco de mayo) he is having a 'Ribs for Kids' special all day Saturday. Slab of Babyback ribs about $11, of that they're donating $5 to charity. Been looking for an excuse to go try their stuff? Here's your chance to do good by eating good.

https://www.mcgonigles.com/deli.aspx

Phobia
05-01-2007, 09:58 AM
The owner of MgGonigles is on AM talk radio a lot on the weekends, always running some kind of charity special or another. Just heard him say that this weekend (Cinco de mayo) he is having a 'Ribs for Kids' special all day Saturday. Slab of Babyback ribs about $11, of that they're donating $5 to charity. Been looking for an excuse to go try their stuff? Here's your chance to do good by eating good.

https://www.mcgonigles.com/deli.aspx

That's a pretty good deal. You can barely buy the raw meat for that.