PDA

View Full Version : Which Chiefs lost their jobs this weekend?

el borracho
04-29-2007, 06:14 PM
WR
Bowe
Gardner
Hannon
Kennison
Parker
Webb

Of that group, Gardner looks to be the odd man out

DT
Boone
Edwards
Reed
Sims
Tyler

Buh-bye, Sims

DE
Allen
Hali
Hicks
McBride
Murphy (who?)
Wilkerson

See ya, Hicks! and Murphy (who?)

RB
Bennet
Holmes
Johnson
Ross
Smith

Well, no attitude from me but I can't see Holmes on the roster anymore. Not sure between Ross and Smith who gets the 3rd spot and who goes to the practice squad.

K
Barret
Medlock
Tynes

Not a lock, but I have to imagine Medlock gets the job.

OT
Bober
McIntosh
Pruneda
Sampson
Stallings
Svitek
Taylor
Terry
Welbourn

Honestly, I don't know what to make of this mess. Thoughts?

Count Alex's Losses
04-29-2007, 06:16 PM
Tynes will beat out Medlock in training camp. I'm serious. You piss off a Scotsman and you reap the wild wild. You've all seen it happen here on this very forum.

Priestgets30TDs
04-29-2007, 06:19 PM
Not a thought but a question. Is Boomer Grigsby trying to be a Full Back? He's listed as FB on Kcchiefs.com.

morphius
04-29-2007, 06:21 PM
Not a thought but a question. Is Boomer Grigsby trying to be a Full Back? He's listed as FB on Kcchiefs.com.
Yes, he is now a FB.

Sam Hall
04-29-2007, 06:22 PM
I don't think we can afford to release a wide receiver.

el borracho
04-29-2007, 06:24 PM
Grigsby is officially listed as a FB and McBride is officially listed as a DE.

el borracho
04-29-2007, 06:25 PM
I don't think we can afford to release a wide receiver.
Why not? There are six on the roster but we usually only carry 5. Why would this year be different?

Sam Hall
04-29-2007, 06:27 PM
Why not? There are six on the roster but we usually only carry 5. Why would this year be different?

It's not like we have loads of talent at WR.

John_Wayne
04-29-2007, 06:28 PM
Why not? There are six on the roster but we usually only carry 5. Why would this year be different? Didn't we carry 4 WRs last year?

el borracho
04-29-2007, 06:29 PM
It's not like we have loads of talent at WR.
Ok, but we usually only carry 5 and we have more talent than we previously had. I could be wrong but I only see us carrying 5.

blueballs
04-29-2007, 06:30 PM
Woods was used as a nickle
maybe Wesley will be too

icepick64
Who are our guards? waters and ?

noa

Welbourn?

el borracho
Didn't we carry 4 WRs last year?
IIRC, Parker, Hall, Kennison, Webb and Gardner were all on the roster but not necessarily active each week.

J Diddy
04-29-2007, 06:33 PM
Tynes will beat out Medlock in training camp. I'm serious. You piss off a Scotsman and you reap the wild wild. You've all seen it happen here on this very forum.

You gonna poke out our eyes by flipping your panties at our faces.

ChiefsCountry

Waters, Welbourn, Bober, Stallings

el borracho
Waters and Hunt (who?) are the only Guards listed on the roster at kcchiefs.com. I guess some of the rejects listed at T will have to play G.

SNR
04-29-2007, 06:39 PM
OT
Bober
McIntosh
Pruneda
Sampson
Stallings
Svitek
Taylor
Terry
Welbourn

Honestly, I don't know what to make of this mess. Thoughts?This is how I imagine it will go:

LT: McIntosh
LG: Waters
C: Weigman
RG: Welbourne
RT: Terry

G: Bober, Stallings
T: Svitek, Taylor
G/C: Niswanger

That's ten guys. I could maybe see us cutting Bober or Stallings, since Niswanger will likely do some backup duty at guard. Other than that, that's pretty much it. Sampson is constantly injured and even when he's in the game I haven't seen much of him at all. Svitek looked pitiful in the preseason after his phenominal NFL Europe run. I think he's still a guy who's improving though, and likely will win the backup job.

ChiefsCountry
04-29-2007, 06:42 PM
This is how I imagine it will go:

LT: McIntosh
LG: Waters
C: Weigman
RG: Welbourne
RT: Terry

G: Bober, Stallings
T: Svitek, Taylor
G/C: Niswanger

That's ten guys. I could maybe see us cutting Bober or Stallings, since Niswanger will likely do some backup duty at guard. Other than that, that's pretty much it. Sampson is constantly injured and even when he's in the game I haven't seen much of him at all. Svitek looked pitiful in the preseason after his phenominal NFL Europe run. I think he's still a guy who's improving though, and likely will win the backup job.

Only problem with that is Terry could be suspened. I wonder if Svitek would play RT?

Cochise
04-29-2007, 06:43 PM
Tynes, maybe Gardner. Ross or Smith, doesn't matter much who.

I don't think that we'll release Hicks, given Jared Allen's suspension. We may not have the depth to dump Sims either.

SNR
04-29-2007, 06:44 PM
Only problem with that is Terry could be suspened. I wonder if Svitek would play RT?Doubt it. We'll probably put in Welbourne at RT and then fill in with Bober/Stallings.

el borracho
04-29-2007, 06:44 PM
Only problem with that is Terry could be suspened. I wonder if Svitek would play RT?
Well, another option would be Welbourn at RT and someone else at G. Who knows, really? As of now, there are only two linemen listed as Guards and everybody else is listed at Tackle. I'm not even sure it is a given that Welbourn doesn't stay at T and others fight it out for the G position.

el borracho
04-29-2007, 06:45 PM

I don't think that we'll release Hicks, given Jared Allen's suspension. We may not have the depth to dump Sims either.
Don't make me neg-rep you! :cuss:

ChiefsCountry
04-29-2007, 06:46 PM

Depth Chart

DE - Hali, (Allen), Wilkerson, McBride
DT - Reed, Edwards, Boone, Tyler

I think Hicks and Sims are gone.

Count Alex's Losses
04-29-2007, 06:48 PM
I sincerely hope Welbourn doesn't start at right tackle again. He needs to be the starting guard. If Terry is gone we better pray Svitek works out at RT.

Mile High Mania
04-29-2007, 07:00 PM
Does Green qualify? He lost his starting gig in Miami...

chiefbowe82
04-29-2007, 07:03 PM
The offensive line is simply a mess, that our teams "Weak Spot"

Direckshun
04-29-2007, 07:15 PM
I only like Bober as a backup. He's not fast enough to belong on the starting squad.

If you move Welbourne to RT, you have two positions on the right side that you have to worry about. Welbourne should do okay at RG, so let's just plug RT with Sampson or Svitek, pray they hold their ground, and draft OL with all seven of our picks in 2008.

Chief Faithful
04-29-2007, 07:17 PM
WR
Bowe
Gardner
Hannon
Kennison
Parker
Webb

I get a feeling Hedwards really does not like Parker's game. I'm guessing Parker or Gardner are gone.

DT
Boone
Edwards
Reed
Sims
Tyler

When the GM admits that a player was a mistake time is short. Sims has got to be on his way out.

DE
Allen
Hali
Hicks
McBride
Murphy (who?)
Wilkerson

Murphy who? Hicks is gone.

RB
Bennet
Holmes
Johnson
Ross
Smith

I don't believe Holmes returns. What happened to Dee Brown?

K
Barret
Medlock
Tynes

Barret is gone. Otherwise it is pure competition.

OT
Bober - Gone
McIntosh - Starting LT
Pruneda - PS
Sampson - Backup RT
Stallings - Backup Guard
Svitek - Backup LT
Taylor - I hope he is moved to Guard. I don't see him as tackle material.
Terry - Starting RT
Welbourn - Starting RG

NFL16
04-29-2007, 07:45 PM
Doubt it. We'll probably put in Welbourne at RT and then fill in with Bober/Stallings.

Well if Terry is suspended it's gonna come down to who Herm thinks is better:

Bober/Stallings at Guard.

OR

Svitek/Taylor at RT.

morphius
04-29-2007, 07:53 PM
Well if Terry is suspended it's gonna come down to who Herm thinks is better:

Bober/Stallings at Guard.

OR

Svitek/Taylor at RT.
Oh dear lord, please don't let it be Bober. I'd rather have Black back at guard then that waste.

Cochise
04-29-2007, 10:01 PM
Depth Chart

DE - Hali, (Allen), Wilkerson, McBride
DT - Reed, Edwards, Boone, Tyler

I think Hicks and Sims are gone.

Well, in that scenario for the defensive line we have 4 guys in there at any one time, out of the 7 on the roster. And 2 of those guys have never played a down in the NFL yet. That is thin, even if everyone stays healthy.

I'd like to see Hicks and Sims cleaning out their lockers too, people, I just don't know if we will see it.

Mecca
04-29-2007, 10:07 PM
Smith and Medlock were the first 2 picks of the 2nd day there is no way on earth they'll cut those guys.

DeepSouth
04-29-2007, 10:11 PM
Well, in that scenario for the defensive line we have 4 guys in there at any one time, out of the 7 on the roster. And 2 of those guys have never played a down in the NFL yet. That is thin, even if everyone stays healthy.

I'd like to see Hicks and Sims cleaning out their lockers too, people, I just don't know if we will see it.

Gunther says Bell will be playing some defensive end.

tmax63
04-29-2007, 10:46 PM
Just because they haven't played in the NFL yet doesn't mean that Simms has an advantage, he's never really played in the NFL either.

el borracho
04-29-2007, 10:50 PM

Hali, Allen, Wilkerson, McBride, Tyler, Boone, Reed and Edwards = 8, some of which are versatile enough to switch positions, as needed.

Dave Lane
04-29-2007, 10:57 PM
Just because they haven't played in the NFL yet doesn't mean that Simms has an advantage, he's never really played in the NFL either.

rep!

ROFL

Dave

Cochise
04-29-2007, 11:01 PM
Hali, Allen, Wilkerson, McBride, Tyler, Boone, Reed and Edwards = 8, some of which are versatile enough to switch positions, as needed.

I didn't count Allen, since we were speaking along the lines of how many people we could suit up for week 1 or whatever.

I am just saying, I wouldn't be surprised either way. These two guys will barely get any snaps if they are on the roster anyway.

Direckshun
04-29-2007, 11:05 PM
McBride will be our #3 DE, and get lots of snaps because Herm likes to run a 3-man rotation at DE.

4-man rotation for DT has been fully formed, now. Tyler has a great chance to start, but I'm guessing he's backing up Boone and Reed.

Mecca
04-29-2007, 11:06 PM
Eric Hicks has like a 4 million dollar base this year........if they keep him I can't tell you how stupid that will be.

Virtua Chief
04-30-2007, 12:08 AM
Does anyone think we keep 4 RB's? Or does Smith see the practice squad?

BigMeatballDave
04-30-2007, 01:39 AM
I don't think that we'll release Hicks, given Jared Allen's suspension. We may not have the depth to dump Sims either.Maybe with Tank and Turk coming in, it might motivate Sims...

...ROFL nevermind...

keg in kc
04-30-2007, 01:43 AM
Maybe with Tank and Turk coming in, it might motivate Sims...If by "motivate" you mean "motivate him to leave for the Krispy Kreme on Metcalf at 6:15 instead of 6:30 to beat Tank" I think you're right.

Which means I need to leave at 6.

beer bacon
04-30-2007, 01:43 AM
I think we should starting praying that Sampson doesn't get sidelined this season with a nasty rug burn. He has been pretty decent at RT when healthy.

BigMeatballDave
04-30-2007, 01:45 AM
Gunther says Bell will be playing some defensive end.Buddy Bell? I mean, that is the only Bell actually seen around the Truman complex...

kcchiefsus
04-30-2007, 02:30 AM

Are you serious?

Tank Tyler
Ron Edwards
Alfonso Boone
James Reed

and McBride and Wilkerson can play DT also.

How do we not have enough depth?

kcchiefsus
04-30-2007, 02:33 AM

We kept 4 last year with Dee Brown so I think we will keep 4 again.

CoMoChief
04-30-2007, 02:40 AM
Our Oline is going to suck. What a difference a couple seasons make. :(

Virtua Chief
04-30-2007, 02:49 AM
Our Oline is going to suck. What a difference a couple seasons make. :(

It will be different, but I hope that the youth (Stallings, Newswanger, the rookie, Sampson, and Svitek) can pan out. We got a RB in Smith that has pass protection skills, along with Wilson and possibly Grigsby, to help block in the backfield.

blueballs
04-30-2007, 06:24 AM
a couple of beer venders
and one on crowd control

el borracho
04-30-2007, 08:38 AM
I would actually guess that we keep Ross on the practice squad and Smith makes the roster but it is a coin toss, IMO.

Mecca
04-30-2007, 08:40 AM
I highly doubt they cut their first draft pick of the 2nd day who fills a pretty serious need....

tiptap
04-30-2007, 09:10 AM
I choose to look at the moves made by the Chief's favorably at this point as the starting point. Let's start with the offensive line. There is no way we will have an offensive line like the 2003 team. The 2004 and 2005 line compensated for Tait's departure by utilizing Dunn with the unbalanced lines and such. But last year we didn't have an answer to having to compensate for two below average tackles. It might have been ok if the play of these tackles had been ok in the running game. But we had no push at the running game at tackle right or left. This is in evidence with the drop in ypc average by LJ and by the play in the playoffs.

So the Chiefs got two tackles in the off season. At LT we got someone who can be active in the running game. Is he wonderful in the passing game, no but that isn't as much of the focus with the talent at RB. The RT situation looked much better until the off field incident. I don't have optimistic take if we see suspensions. Before this I thought we would see a potential that one or the other tackle could block one on one in the passing game and make that part of the offense ok (changing week to week depending on the matchups). With adding Bowe we got a over the middle big target to go with TG and letting Kennison be the speed guy. Throw in Parker (or some other speedster) to take Dante place in 3 WR sets. I see improvement and a chance not to run LJ into the ground with 3 RB. I don't see our TCU T making a difference this year.

So on the defensive side the need was for depth at DT. We got that. Is it great talent. No but there is enough speed there to make the cover 2 more consistent. The LB situation improved and with young safeties I think we will see better hitting and more effective blitzing. Yes we need depth at CB but in the new regimen of tight calls at CB and playing Cover 2 the premium on CB's is not as high as in Gunther's earlier tendencies to play man at the corners. The starting CB are more than good enough especially if we see a better overall pass rush starting in the middle.

Kicking game should be better especially if we get more distance and height on kick-offs. I don't know if that is there with Medlock but I will be looking at that in the preseason.

Is this team there, no. Are we behind SD and Denver yes but not as much as last year and we made the playoffs last year so we have a chance for that again.

Thig Lyfe
04-30-2007, 10:16 AM
Pruñeda is Pro Bowl Bound.

¡VIVA MEXICO!

Braincase
04-30-2007, 10:27 AM
I can't wait for the first time Tank and Tamba converge on Russell at the same time and create a collective gasp of the entire Raider nation.

"Maybe we should've done more with the O-line in the offseason, Al."