PDA

View Full Version : OMG......you gotta be kiddin me, really

Mecca
04-30-2007, 05:58 AM
So I've had my radio on for maybe 30 minutes........listen to these takes on our draft.

General consensus to talk show hosts(especially DA) and general unimformed fan is our drafted sucked hard and is the worst in the league. Because God forbid we didn't take any Olineman. So it's turning into how our team is mismanaged and they don't even realize themselves how bad the line is.......

Oh and everyone thinks our kicker pick was stupid and "Tynes will beat him out and it's a competition pick nothing more"

Man I love the general fans in this town.........and the dumb shows hosts too.

Hound333
04-30-2007, 06:02 AM
Everyone thought Hali was a dumb pick a year ago as well. I will give them till the season to start ripping them.

Delano
04-30-2007, 06:03 AM
I think Medlock will be our kicker next year. With that said, even if this was a competition pick, that would be fine.

JBucc
04-30-2007, 06:05 AM
This is why I don't listen to radio call in shows. If I wanted to hear a bunch of idiots blab about shit they know nothing about I'd come here.

Mecca
04-30-2007, 06:05 AM
Tynes ****in sucks, and Medlock was the first kicker taken unless he's brutally bad there's no way Tynes is kept over him.

Mecca
04-30-2007, 06:06 AM
This is why I don't listen to radio call in shows. If I wanted to hear a bunch of idiots blab about shit they know nothing about I'd come here.

It just annoys me how unimformed people who "think" they are informed really are.

These people who cover sports as a job don't even know what they're talking about......

I don't think many of them have come to terms with the fact that the Chiefs are rebuilding, they probably all still think we're a contender.

donkhater
04-30-2007, 06:16 AM
I've been in Tynes corner, since I think he has some moxie, but he does have that hint of inconsistency to him (even befor ethe playoffs last year). It's Medlock's job to lose.

donkhater
04-30-2007, 06:19 AM
As for drafting D-line. I say about freakin' time. OL and DL is where the game is won. who controls the line of scrimmage.

Look at Philly and the skill positions they have. Some are very good, but most are average. But they have a 8-9 man D-line rotation and consisntently pick young OL in the draft nearly every year. They make sure they are stocked every year ad they've been a succesful team because of it.

If Tyler and McBride are just solid performers, this front seven improved dramatically. If they have the motors and work ethic that Edwards says, then there is a good chance they will be.

Stewie
04-30-2007, 06:20 AM
That's what you get for listening to DA. I can't stand that guy. Steven St. John is far better.

Demonpenz
04-30-2007, 06:29 AM
The draft didn't go as it should for the chiefs, is that a surprise? No but you would have thought that most fans would know the feeling of having a draft and season average or just below average. Most fans around here probably don't watch the SEC that much. They are big 12 fans, so they probably don't know what they are gettting and since it is free to spout off some horse shit they going to do it. The fans will change their tune once bowe frees up TG for more one on one coverage. That all depending if we have a QB and Oline that can protect.

Mecca
04-30-2007, 06:32 AM
That's what you get for listening to DA. I can't stand that guy. Steven St. John is far better.

St John said he'd rather have Quinn than the deal the Cowboys got......and they were pretty well baggin on alot of shit......they didn't come off much better to me.

Simply Red
04-30-2007, 06:36 AM
"suave" "so suave."

NJ Chief Fan
04-30-2007, 06:41 AM
I absolutely hate the Dwayne Bowe pick. I would have rather taken Alan Branch, Beason, Spencer and of course Dwayne Jarrett. I also think our draft absolutely sucked, the only pick I liked was the Tank Tyler pick.

Mecca
04-30-2007, 06:41 AM
Alan Branch sounds alot like some other lazy DT's we've drafted in the past....

NJ Chief Fan
04-30-2007, 06:49 AM
We drafted the wrong Dwayne!

Mile High Mania
04-30-2007, 06:53 AM
Enh, there's a reason we're fans... they're in the media ... and the coaches are in the war room on draft day.

If they wrote or talked about everything being perfect, papers wouldn't sell and there wouldn't be a 10 minute hold time for the talk shows.

Mecca
04-30-2007, 06:55 AM
Enh, there's a reason we're fans... they're in the media ... and the coaches are in the war room on draft day.

If they wrote or talked about everything being perfect, papers wouldn't sell and there wouldn't be a 10 minute hold time for the talk shows.

What are they doing in NE right now........I can't imagine anyone doing anything but jumping for joy.

Mile High Mania
04-30-2007, 06:59 AM
What are they doing in NE right now........I can't imagine anyone doing anything but jumping for joy.

I dunno, go check it out.

NE has strayed from the past and have taken on a # of potential problem makers... Moss, Stallworth, their R1 pick (Merriweather). So, I'm sure there are some fans and media asking why they've gone from the "blue collar working man approach" to signing trouble making big names.

NE is also one of those teams right now that in the eyes of most... they can do no wrong. We'll find out if all of these signings pay off. Personally, I like Moss... yes, he is a head case at times, but he's nowhere near the cancer that a TO is for a team.

Codered
04-30-2007, 07:01 AM
I'm not too sold on Bowe, but think he probably fits the scheme better then Mechem does. I still think Aaron Ross was the target, but went to the Giants at #20.

I'm a bit shocked they didn't take Staley. I can't knock the pick with the players left on the board and the dire need at WR. Mechem was just the guy I liked.

Mecca
04-30-2007, 07:03 AM
Moss won't **** up your team.....he just might not try very hard if he knows your team isn't going to win.

Mecca
04-30-2007, 07:03 AM
I'm not too sold on Bowe, but think he probably fits the scheme better then Mechem does. I still think Aaron Ross was the target, but went to the Giants at #20.

I'm a bit shocked they didn't take Staley. I can't knock the pick with the players left on the board and the dire need at WR. Mechem was just the guy I liked.

I'm glad they were smart enough to realize that Joe Staley is a 3rd round prospect......

eazyb81
04-30-2007, 07:26 AM
I was listening to DA on the way to work this morning and was laughing my ass off. The people that called in had absolutely no idea what they were talking about.

As I said in an earlier post, ignorance is bliss. It's much easier to insult Carl and Herm rather than do your research and give them praise when it's warranted.

This was a FANTASTIC draft.

Mecca
04-30-2007, 07:29 AM
I was listening to DA on the way to work this morning and was laughing my ass off. The people that called in had absolutely no idea what they were talking about.

As I said in an earlier post, ignorance is bliss. It's much easier to insult Carl and Herm rather than do your research and give them praise when it's warranted.

This was a FANTASTIC draft.

What's funnier though is DA agrees right along with them like they know what they're talking about.........I could never do a show I'd have insulted those people for their stupid takes.

Messier
04-30-2007, 07:40 AM
Grading the draft and saying it sucks the day after, let alone anytime before the season is really dumb. You go back and look at grades of years past and you see lots of great drafts that were given D's and C's.

TrickyNicky
04-30-2007, 07:48 AM
Was Turk McBride a solid 2nd rounder? I wonder, if Cleveland hadn't stolen Eric Wright from us, would he (Turk) still been around when we picked in the 3rd round?

Programmer
04-30-2007, 07:51 AM
Tynes ****in sucks, and Medlock was the first kicker taken unless he's brutally bad there's no way Tynes is kept over him.

Reply to above using your own words:

It just annoys me how unimformed people who "think" they are informed really are.

These people who cover sports as a job don't even know what they're talking about......

Mecca
04-30-2007, 07:52 AM
So have you been watching Tynes for the last several years..........

I can take it to a logical stand point too, I don't find him to be very good in any aspect of the kicking game and feel he needs to be replaced.

carlos3652
04-30-2007, 08:02 AM
I had us picking up Turk in my mock draft... I like his flexibility at DE/DT and I think he was a solid if not early round 2 prospect... I think we got great value on our first 3 picks... the only thing that bothers me is that we didnt trade down in the first... I think Baltimore would have been willing to give up an extra pick (3rd or 4th) to move up to 23 to get Staley (before SF stepped in front of them at 28)... I think we still could have picked up a WR (Jarrett) at that point, and had an extra pick to play with later...

Simply Red
04-30-2007, 08:19 AM

What the fugg are you talking about?

Mecca
04-30-2007, 08:26 AM
What the fugg are you talking about?

He's basically saying me saying Tynes sucks is me not knowing what I'm talking about.......

cmh6476
04-30-2007, 08:32 AM
can we trade tynes for an '08 pick? Does Miami need a kicker? :p

Simply Red
04-30-2007, 08:38 AM
He's basically saying me saying Tynes sucks is me not knowing what I'm talking about.......

ohh okay. He must have all the knowledge.

By the way, who is he?

Simply Red
04-30-2007, 08:43 AM

It just annoys me how people (like yourself) can't spell: "uninformed."

Simply Red
04-30-2007, 08:45 AM
God Damned programmers.

Braincase
04-30-2007, 08:46 AM
You can't judge a team until the season has ended, and you can't judge a draft until years down the road. I remember a few years ago how happy I was the Chiefs drafted Ryan Sims... I learned from that experience - learned I don't know schiesse.

Thig Lyfe
04-30-2007, 08:53 AM
I love the Bowe pick, and the two defensive tackles we picked up look solid as well. One of the guys we picked up is frickin' huge.

What people fail to realize is that this year's OL class was pretty weak. Unless the Chiefs were willing to trade up for Joe Thomas or Levi Brown, they weren't going to get anybody who would improve the OL right away anyway.

I'm satisfied with this draft right now.

morphius
04-30-2007, 08:54 AM
Most the people that call into those shows come off as clueless morons.

Cochise
04-30-2007, 09:02 AM
I heard one of the knuckle-dragging 810 callers say they wanted Branch instead of Bowe in the first.

For one thing, taking Branch there would have been bad value, he didn't go until 10 picks later, and a lot of people thought he could go later than that. Second, everyone knew the Chiefs didn't want Branch after Krumrie put him through the wringer. And third, we picked two DTs, at least one of whom a lot of people think is going to be very productive in the NFL.

Probably just a Michigan homer, but jeez.

It's nice that we're going to have a big, tough, posession receiver. We haven't had one of those since...well, ever. Some people thought another guy was better who went a few picks later, but whatever. The Chiefs like this guy, they think he fits what they are trying to do, I'm ok with it.

Another guy was like "You'll see when he's putting up numbers like Parker this year!" Well, genious, sometimes it takes receivers a year or two or a little longer to really come on after they are drafted. It would be nice if he were putting up 1200 yards this year but most of us live in reality.

I like this draft. The offensive line depth wasn't that good this year so they didn't try to address it with mediocre players.

Simply Red
04-30-2007, 09:04 AM
I heard one of the knuckle-dragging 810 callers say they wanted Branch instead of Bowe in the first.

For one thing, taking Branch there would have been bad value, he didn't go until 10 picks later, and a lot of people thought he could go later than that. Second, everyone knew the Chiefs didn't want Branch after Krumrie put him through the wringer. And third, we picked two DTs, at least one of whom a lot of people think is going to be very productive in the NFL.

Probably just a Michigan homer, but jeez.

It's nice that we're going to have a big, tough, posession receiver. We haven't had one of those since...well, ever. Some people thought another guy was better who went a few picks later, but whatever. The Chiefs like this guy, they think he fits what they are trying to do, I'm ok with it.

Another guy was like "You'll see when he's putting up numbers like Parker this year!" Well, genious, sometimes it takes receivers a year or two or a little longer to really come on after they are drafted. It would be nice if he were putting up 1200 yards this year but most of us live in reality.

I like this draft. The offensive line depth wasn't that good this year so they didn't try to address it with mediocre players.
He said, "knuckle-dragging." lmao

Amnorix
04-30-2007, 09:10 AM

Half the media is saying we've lost our moral compass, we're just like every other team, and that we're the reincarnation of '05 Vikings and the current Bengals.

Seriously.

Others are speculating that BB is loading up for one last run cuz he's retiring after '07. Ignoring, of cuorse, that he traded 2 high picks this year for higher '08 draft picks.

The Rick
04-30-2007, 09:13 AM
One year removed, it looks like we had a really good draft last year, so until he proves otherwise, Herm should get the benefit of the doubt.

Herm was a scout early in his career and so far, it shows...

BigMeatballDave
04-30-2007, 09:18 AM
I absolutely hate the Dwayne Bowe pick. I would have rather taken Alan Branch, Beason, Spencer and of course Dwayne Jarrett. I also think our draft absolutely sucked
:spock:

htismaqe
04-30-2007, 10:00 AM
Was Turk McBride a solid 2nd rounder? I wonder, if Cleveland hadn't stolen Eric Wright from us, would he (Turk) still been around when we picked in the 3rd round?

The Chiefs said they considered trading up for McBride. Wright wasn't even on the radar.

htismaqe
04-30-2007, 10:00 AM
Half the media is saying we've lost our moral compass, we're just like every other team, and that we're the reincarnation of '05 Vikings and the current Bengals.

I saw the BB presser yesterday on NFLN after the draft, and that seemed to be the tone. The press seemed to be hell bent on telling BB that he's made a deal with the devil.

Steve Sewell
04-30-2007, 10:07 AM
I dunno, go check it out.

NE has strayed from the past and have taken on a # of potential problem makers... Moss, Stallworth, their R1 pick (Merriweather). So, I'm sure there are some fans and media asking why they've gone from the "blue collar working man approach" to signing trouble making big names.

NE is also one of those teams right now that in the eyes of most... they can do no wrong. We'll find out if all of these signings pay off. Personally, I like Moss... yes, he is a head case at times, but he's nowhere near the cancer that a TO is for a team.

As long as the Pats are in the Boston media market, they will continue to do no wrong. Everyone in the media (pretty much) is a fan of the Patriots.

Simply Red
04-30-2007, 10:09 AM
As long as the Pats are in the Boston media market, they will continue to do no wrong. Everyone in the media (pretty much) is a fan of the Patriots.
Well I will say that the pats were able to pretty much tame Corey Dillion for the most part. We'll see what happens though.

siberian khatru
04-30-2007, 10:12 AM
I saw the BB presser yesterday on NFLN after the draft, and that seemed to be the tone. The press seemed to be hell bent on telling BB that he's made a deal with the devil.

Heh, it's Marty 1998 redux.

keg in kc
04-30-2007, 10:43 AM
Does anybody remember the initial reaction to last year's draft. As in the day after?

We talk about how good the draft was now, but I don't remember anyone in the press or the fanbase being real thrilled about it the week afterward. Now Hali's looked good, Pollard's been a special teams demon, Croyle's poised to start and Page was a steal. Hell, I've heard the erroneous one call it 'the best draft ever' in the last week.

Which is why the initial reaction is so pointless. If, by the end of the year, Bowe ends up starting and catches 40 or 50 balls, if McBride and Taylor contribute at all, and if Medlock wins the job, it'll be a resounding success and we'll be talking about the braintrust and how much better things have gotten.

Anybody grading the draft now is just jerking off.

Frosty
04-30-2007, 11:36 AM
The meltdowns last year were a lot more entertaining than this year. This years' reaction mostly seems to be "Eh".

Ari Chi3fs
04-30-2007, 11:42 AM
I really wish we had picked Ryan Kalil with our 2nd round Draft pick. Been dominating on a very successful football team... with Weigman's future unknown... should have snagged this guy.

Frosty
04-30-2007, 11:46 AM
I really wish we had picked Ryan Kalil with our 2nd round Draft pick. Been dominating on a very successful football team... with Weigman's future unknown... should have snagged this guy.

Me, too. I think the concern was, though, is that he is a little light. We already have a smallish center.

htismaqe
04-30-2007, 12:09 PM

I don't think Wiegmann's future is in question, at least not from his point of view. His agent said last weekend he wants to play 3 more years and is pretty sure he can.

If Wiegmann's future is in question from the CHIEFS point of view, I'm not sure Kalil was the answer, since he's not the kind of mauler that would be a radical departure from what Casey brings to the table.

Direckshun
04-30-2007, 12:17 PM
I've extensively listened to both, the ChiefsPlanet thing and the sports radio thing, and not only are the opinions on ChiefsPlanet usually more researched and questioned and scrutinized and done with more knowledge of football, but ChiefsPlanet is also better at disseminating Chiefs information once it hits the papers.

buddha
04-30-2007, 01:34 PM
We most certainly would have had Ross or Wright had other teams not beaten us to them. We ended up with need picks like WR and DL in spite of ourselves. I kind of like that mojo better than the Chiefs targetting a guy and getting him (ala Kris Wilson). We have done better lucking into production during Carl's tenue.

L.A. Chieffan
04-30-2007, 01:39 PM
Dwayne Bowe is gonna rock. If wasnt for Calvin Johnson who is a freak of nature, Bowe would have been the guy everybody woulda been drooling over in this draft. Tank is gonna be a monster and we need DL help just as much as we needed OL help.
Any OL we get in the late rounds would have been such a project anyway people would have gotten mad that we took a potential bust of an offensive lineman.
You can never make 'em happy.