PDA

View Full Version : Will Kolby Smith get the opportunity to be our starting FB?

cmh6476
04-30-2007, 08:06 AM
Just noticed he can play both positions...

HERM EDWARDS: “Smith played some fullback early until (the starting running back) Bush got hurt and he played tailback. The thing you notice about this guy is he’s very versatile: he can play fullback and he can play tailback. He doesn’t have great speed but what he does do is he’s a little bit of a picker when he runs. He’s a powerful guy and has real good hands - real good in pass pro when it comes to blocking. So, he’s real versatile and can help us on special teams. Was a good special teams player there.

Mecca
04-30-2007, 08:08 AM
I seriously doubt it.......this is Bennetts last year here and he's heavily injury prone even if he is here. They can't get into a situation again where LJ has no spell back.

boogblaster
04-30-2007, 08:09 AM
Suithimup...

cmh6476
04-30-2007, 08:09 AM
I seriously doubt it.......this is Bennetts last year here and he's heavily injury prone even if he is here. They can't get into a situation again where LJ has no spell back.

so he won't even compete with Wilson/ cruz/ Grigsby for the job :shrug:

Kinda sounds like this guy might be a better pass protector than LJ just coming into the league :)

Mecca
04-30-2007, 08:10 AM
Kolby Smith is basically a perfect 2nd back/3rd down back he does alot of things well but nothing great.......it's a good pick for our position.

jAZ
04-30-2007, 08:11 AM
Not as long as Boomer is anywhere near this roster. :p

Mecca
04-30-2007, 08:12 AM
I think Boomer Grigsby is riding the line on if he makes the team or not.......that's gonna be real borderline on how he performs in camp and preseason.

OnTheWarpath58
04-30-2007, 08:15 AM
I think Boomer Grigsby is riding the line on if he makes the team or not.......that's gonna be real borderline on how he performs in camp and preseason.

I'd agree with that.

Wilson is the FB, with Smith now able to spell him or play if Bigfoot gets injured.

Other than special teams, I'm not sure why they would keep him on the roster.....

StcChief
04-30-2007, 08:38 AM
Don't be hating on Boomer....