PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone watch the Frankfurt game?

pikesome
04-30-2007, 10:21 AM
I caught part of it after the draft Saturday night I think, Reid looked like he was having a bang-up game. He blitzed the QB who coughed up the ball and it was caught by a DL while I was watching. He looked like a standout. And yes, I know it's in Europe but maybe he can contribute over here someday.

Warrior5
04-30-2007, 10:26 AM
I'd love to see him make the roster this year.

CoMoChief
04-30-2007, 10:27 AM
How's our big Mexitackle doing over there?

pikesome
04-30-2007, 10:31 AM
How's our big Mexitackle doing over there?

I don't think Pruneda is over there this year, he was on a team in 2006 but hurt his knee in camp.

Chief Nute
04-30-2007, 10:55 AM
I have always loved Reid.......of course I didnt get to see him as much as you all did.

This is the part of talent evaluation that I have always hated.....and that is that scouts seemingly ignore the actual results that certain players have on the field, and they say that a kid cant succeed as a pro because he is maybe 2 inches too short or a quarter step too slow in a timed running race, ect ect ect.

A guy like Reid was a pure stud in college and I always thought he and AJ Hawk were the class of the LB draft last year.......Hawk is a lot quicker, but there is something to be said for having a nose for the ball and being football fast, which I think that Reid may be both.

It is just silly to me that Reid is playing in NFL-Europe and AJ is on his way to many pro bowl seasons with GB.

Phobia
04-30-2007, 11:33 AM
I saw Reid at camps last year. He's a specimen, no doubt. I was pretty surprised when he didn't make the team.

Ultra Peanut
04-30-2007, 11:38 AM
http://ku.ytmnd.com