PDA

View Full Version : The Patriots 2008 Superbowl Champs. .

percysnow
04-30-2007, 12:03 PM
these bastards had a great offseason. . .and had a pretty solid foundation to begin with

Randy Moss, Donte Stallworth, Wes Welker, Adalius Thomas and Brandon Meriweather.

|Zach|
04-30-2007, 12:06 PM
I remember when people were doing the same for Carolina before last season. Good times.

Direckshun
04-30-2007, 12:08 PM
They have two first round picks next year, too.

Ugh. lol

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-30-2007, 12:09 PM
Cart. Before. Horse.

Mile High Mania
04-30-2007, 12:25 PM
They definitely have a ton of talent, esp at WR. However, we are talking about a number of key players at critical positions that have a history of being a bit volatile.

Moss ... Stallworth ... Washington ... they aren't exactly angels. Sure, they could walk the straight and narrow in NE and be awesome, but it's not like they signed choir boys.

Merriweather (R1 pick) ... he has his character issues as well.

NE has departed from their "safe approach" that has worked so well in year's past. This could be a phenom group of talent, or a collective pain in their ass.

Amnorix
04-30-2007, 12:31 PM
And 2 3rd round picks next year.

The SB bus gets derailed mighty quick if Brady gets hurt, if Maroney gets hurt, if the LBs get hurt or if they suddenly get old quick (all except Colvin are wrong side of 30), etc. ad infinitum.

And besides -- weren't the Chargers the most talented team last year? How'd that work out for them?

Amnorix
04-30-2007, 12:32 PM
And, oh yeah, Brady and his whole new cast of WRs (AGAIN) need lots of time to get on the same page. In the Pats complex passing system, that takes time.

A key pick here or there because someone reads a blitz differently or whatever, and things can go south in a hurry.

FD
04-30-2007, 12:50 PM
Were they able to hold onto Asante Samuels? I dont remember hearing about him in the off-season.

Dicky McElephant
04-30-2007, 12:53 PM
Have fun when Randy Moss and Donte Stallworth are all calling for the ball. Plus it's always good to overpay for your slot receiver.

Amnorix
04-30-2007, 12:53 PM
Were they able to hold onto Asante Samuels? I dont remember hearing about him in the off-season.

still tagged. No resolution to that as yet.

Tuckdaddy
04-30-2007, 01:00 PM
Stallworth lost his job to a rookie. Moss is not what he was and is definitely not the hardest worker. I would not print them tickets yet. They do look loaded and will be tough but it takes time for offenses to click when a bunch of new guys show up.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-30-2007, 01:05 PM
these bastards had a great offseason. . .and had a pretty solid foundation to begin with

Randy Moss, Donte Stallworth, Wes Welker, Adalius Thomas and Brandon Meriweather.
Randy Moss could still prove he just can't be happy anywhere.

Donte Stallworth has speed but has generally been an over-rated under achiever.

Wes Welker... I'm terrified.

Adalius Thomas... probably good

Brandon Meriweather could be kicking people at the bottom of the pile again any time.

I'll wait until the season to crown them champs.

BucEyedPea
04-30-2007, 01:09 PM
Bucs are quietly building a contender too.
Bucs vs Pats SB! :shake:

Tribal Warfare
04-30-2007, 01:10 PM
Stallworth lost his job to a rookie. Moss is not what he was and is definitely not the hardest worker.

just heard on the NFL Network that Moss ran a 4.29 for Bellicheck

BucEyedPea
04-30-2007, 01:11 PM
still tagged. No resolution to that as yet.
That's not what I heard. Although, that was 3 months ago. I read he was fine with it.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-30-2007, 01:13 PM
just heard on the NFL Network that Moss ran a 4.29 for Bellicheck
I just heard that Jared Allen just ran to the liquor store again too.

:banghead:

cadmonkey
04-30-2007, 01:35 PM
Eventually these a**holes in New England have to do something wrong and take a guy that proves they don't know what they are doing. Randy Moss will be that guy and the whole team will emplode and Brady will be exposed for the hack QB he really is......

Never mind this whole Moss thing is now being added to Brady's already full plate of knocking women up left and right.

The New England Patriots are no better then the Thugs at the University of Miami!!!