PDA

View Full Version : ****Looking for DT Prints or something that can be donated****

chagrin
04-30-2007, 01:47 PM
Hey all,

The sister of Derrick Thomas, that sang at his funeral, Taneathia works here in the same company as I do. She came to my desk when she saw my CHIEFS stuff (no DT stuff though) and introduced herself because she knew I wanted to meet her.

She is very sweet and she asked if I knew where she could get a picture or two of her Brother. Apparently most or all of his stuff was sold at auctions. She is not looking for high end or expensive material, just some things she can put up on her desk.

FWIW, I am posting this request to see if anyone here would be willing to donate a good picture or two, a 58 button, anything, for her. PM me or post your answers here please. I will PM you the address to send it to, it's the company, not mine LOL!

Again, it doesn't have to be collector's stuff, thanks CHIEFS Planet :)

Please keep the posts here to thread related posts please. You can debate his private life all you want on another thread; I am just tyring to do something nice for his sister, thanks :)

luv
04-30-2007, 01:50 PM
His own sister doesn't have any pictures or memorobilia of him? :spock:

Phobia
04-30-2007, 01:52 PM
His own sister doesn't have any pictures or memorobilia of him? :spock:

Not surprising. They auctioned his entire estate.

I think I might have a DT pin or something she might like. I'll check around.

If nothing else, somebody could send high res pics via email and you guys can print them on a photo printer.

stlchiefs
04-30-2007, 01:53 PM
Do you have anymore to the story? Why does she have nothing? Why was it sold at auctions, was he in debt or did they just pocket the cash? Not doubting the story, but this seems very odd.

Phobia
04-30-2007, 01:55 PM
Do you have anymore to the story? Why does she have nothing? Why was it sold at auctions, was he in debt or did they just pocket the cash? Not doubting the story, but this seems very odd.

He was very irresponsible with him money and left no provisions for his children (of which he had several). It's legit, IMO. The estate was auctioned to pay his bills and what was left was split between his children. I don't think his siblings were allowed to get much, if anything.

chagrin
04-30-2007, 02:04 PM

Yeah, I didn't want to hammer her with questions, what Phobia says is true; I remember hearing that since he didn't budget his money there was far less than what you'd think.

She doesn't want anything worth money, just some nice pic's etc.

Phobia is correct, if there are high res pics, I could save them to my thumb drive and have Wal Mart or someone print them, then I will go get some cheaper frames and frame them up for her.

stlchiefs
04-30-2007, 02:05 PM
I'm sure I'm begging for heat here. I thought DT was an amazing player like everyone else, but the more you hear about his private life the more I question the idol worship many give him. I know he had multiple children with multiple wives, it appears now he had no financial plans for supporting them and was also irresponsible with his money. I know his foundation was a good act on his part, but I just question all the praise people give him. Not to be judgmental, but outside from being a great football player I think people need to take a closer look.

His actions hurt many people in that his family was left to sue Ford in an attempt to collect money from his accident, claiming the roof shouldn't have caved in when his car rolled and now his sister doesn't even have anything to remember her brother by. I just find the whole story to be a sad tail of a very talented man that obviously lacked some direction in his personal life off the field. Maybe I'm way off base here, but it's what I see.

chagrin
04-30-2007, 02:06 PM
Please keep the posts here to thread related posts please. You can debate his private life all you want on another thread; I am just tyring to do something nice for his sister, thanks :)

stlchiefs
04-30-2007, 02:07 PM
Sorry, not trying to hijack your thread and if you plan on showing his sister this, I will gladly delete it. Phobia's post just got me thinking.

chagrin
04-30-2007, 02:19 PM
no dude, it's cool - I am not showing her the thread, I just want it to stay on point - it's going to be hard enough keeping it on the front page with the draft going on, etc.

88TG88
04-30-2007, 02:26 PM
like this ?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Great-Derrick-Thomas-Kansas-City-Chiefs-Art-Lithograph_W0QQitemZ190107148693QQihZ009QQcategoryZ83169QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Braincase
04-30-2007, 02:53 PM
I may have something out in the garage, if I can find it. My wife had picked me up a small red bear (beanie baby size) wearing a 58 jersey. If I can find it, it's yours.

Dave Lane
04-30-2007, 03:43 PM
I've got a ton of stuff, some could be free for her, other stuff pretty cheap.

I have some lifesize cut outs that are pretty cool

Dave

chagrin
04-30-2007, 04:37 PM
I may have something out in the garage, if I can find it. My wife had picked me up a small red bear (beanie baby size) wearing a 58 jersey. If I can find it, it's yours.

I am sure she would like that :)
Let me know if you can find it, pm me when you do - thanks!

chagrin
04-30-2007, 04:39 PM
I've got a ton of stuff, some could be free for her, other stuff pretty cheap.

I have some lifesize cut outs that are pretty cool

Dave

Rippin, and if/when you send them, I will have a picture taken of her at her desk, with the stuff, just to show ya.

I will pm you guys after a few days, then we can work it out. I wish I had my stuff still, but I think I am going to take the advice and buy her lunch, I'm sure she'd be a great conversational type, she's in sales now.

Fruit Ninja
04-30-2007, 04:46 PM
I'm sure I'm begging for heat here. I thought DT was an amazing player like everyone else, but the more you hear about his private life the more I question the idol worship many give him. I know he had multiple children with multiple wives, it appears now he had no financial plans for supporting them and was also irresponsible with his money. I know his foundation was a good act on his part, but I just question all the praise people give him. Not to be judgmental, but outside from being a great football player I think people need to take a closer look.

His actions hurt many people in that his family was left to sue Ford in an attempt to collect money from his accident, claiming the roof shouldn't have caved in when his car rolled and now his sister doesn't even have anything to remember her brother by. I just find the whole story to be a sad tail of a very talented man that obviously lacked some direction in his personal life off the field. Maybe I'm way off base here, but it's what I see.
Should be like me, i idolize him as a football player and thats it. Everyone had done their fair share of good and bad.

Orlandochiefsgrl
04-30-2007, 06:51 PM
Should be like me, i idolize him as a football player and thats it. Everyone had done their fair share of good and bad.

I couldn't agree more. I knew him off the field, and I can say anyone who knew him, or spent any time with him at all, loved him. He had a personality that would light up a room with laughter. He would help anybody, and cared about everyone. He lived for the moment for sure. Like everyone else, #58 had some faults. He didn't plan very well for the future, but he would give the shirt off of his back for anyone. I was over at his place a couple times for halloween, and he would give autographed rookie cards to kids instead of candy. Just an amazing guy.
On the field, cordinators always had to plan around #58 like no other player, every game. We really need that now as a defense, a superstar probowl type player that other teams have to plan around. I miss that guy, and I miss him taking over games on sunday.

Phobia
05-01-2007, 12:40 AM
Glad you found some stuff, Chagrin. I think this is pretty thoughtful of you.

chagrin
05-01-2007, 06:37 AM
Glad you found some stuff, Chagrin. I think this is pretty thoughtful of you.

I hope it pans out, thanks :)