PDA

View Full Version : Is Trent getting shafted

tooge
04-30-2007, 02:37 PM
I think it is just business, so I have no qualms about keeping Trent on the roster for a while. I think it sucks to be him right now, but the guy is a multi milionaire, so I dont feel too bad. I think CP is doing the right thing, maybe he get Miamis 5th rounder next year, or better if he keeps Green right up into the preseason. In fact, I wouldn't mind having that happpen just to spite the dolphins, then cut Trent with about 2 preseason games left. The fins would be hosed. HAHAHAHAH...

4th and Long
04-30-2007, 02:41 PM
cut Trent with about 2 preseason games left
Yes, because Miami will go all of training camp and their first 2 preseason games with no starting QB and they'll be just fine with that.

Someone pass me a can of n00b-B-gone.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-30-2007, 02:50 PM
He's getting hosed by Miami who says they want him but obviously don't think he's worth much. At least the Chiefs give him the credit he deserves.

DaFace
04-30-2007, 02:51 PM
Yes, because Miami will go all of training camp and their first 2 preseason games with no starting QB and they'll be just fine with that.

I could use a can as well. :shake:

PastorMikH
04-30-2007, 02:51 PM
I say keep Trent through camp and see how he does. If he returns to '05 form and beats out the other QBs let him start with Croyle backing up and seeing some solid game time.

If he returns to form but Croyle is lighting it up, start Croyle and trade Trent as a healthy former PB QB with a few years left.

If he doesn't return to form, then we know what he's worth.

I'm to the point with the Dolphins that if they really wanted him they should have upped their offer. No point in letting them get a starting QB early, give him time to gel with the team and possibly beat us out of a WC spot in Jan for a pick that we will probably cut anyway.

noa
04-30-2007, 02:56 PM
Trent shafted himself by giving us only one option for a trading partner. We couldn't get a fair deal in place, but that's hardly our fault. King Carl played it right for the Chiefs, assuming we don't just cut him and let him go to MIA for free. Trent can't blame the Chiefs for this, he tied our hands and let it be known MIA was the only place he wanted to go. If he had at least feigned interest in other teams and the Chiefs had been able to field other offers, maybe MIA would have upped their offer. Instead, all we heard about for weeks was an impending deal between MIA and KC.

tooge
04-30-2007, 02:57 PM

Tell ya what there big time, you got a better idea? The great "lets hold out for this years 4th rounder sure worked out well didn't it. No, I dont really think the fins would go into camp without a starting QB, but everyone says Trent and the fins have all the leverage. As far as I can tell, they can release him anytime prior to opening day and not take the cap hit. So miami, how bad you want him?

DaneMcCloud
04-30-2007, 02:59 PM
Trent's value was established on draft weekend. I.E, NONE.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-30-2007, 03:02 PM
I hope we keep Trent and tears up the league and makes the Pro Bowl while the Dolphins flounder miserably... then we can say, see that... you stupid ****ers could of had him for a fourth.

Hound333
04-30-2007, 03:02 PM
We need to just release him. We gambled, bluffed and they called us. If they were going to give us draft picks for him they would have. They are gambling that we don't want to pay his contract.

They won and I am fine with it. The deck was stacked in their favor on this one anyways. I would rather have the cap space and move on. No need creating bad blood for a guy that played so well for us.

Extra Point
04-30-2007, 03:06 PM

Sorry, 4th, this is all I could muster up:

Scaga
04-30-2007, 03:08 PM
Miami...enjoy your injured 1st round pick.
He can play at 80%, you still wouldn't have anyone to throw it to him.

Duck the Folphins.

Chiefnj
04-30-2007, 03:11 PM
If Trent is injured in preseason won't the Chiefs have to pay him 100%?

Extra Point
04-30-2007, 03:13 PM
Maybe this product may help:

ROYC75
04-30-2007, 03:15 PM
Miami is putting the shaft to Trent, they want him and expect us to give him to them ........ Free.

Screw them ........

jspchief
04-30-2007, 03:39 PM
If Trent is injured in preseason won't the Chiefs have to pay him 100%?They'll probably just give him an injury settlement. Not sure how all that works, but I know teams do that rather that having to pay an injured player's contract out.

blueballs
04-30-2007, 03:49 PM
Green helped to make his own bed
with his play last year and his lack
of forsight

Lzen
04-30-2007, 03:54 PM
The Dolphins screwed themselves on this. If they truly want him (like they say they do), they would have ponied up a 4th rounder. If the Chiefs release him, the Dolphins aren't necessarily the team with which he will sign a contract. I would be willing to bet that other teams would like him if he's a FA. That is also why it would make more sense to wait until preseason after some teams have lost their QBs to injuries in preseason games.

blueballs
04-30-2007, 03:58 PM
You think other teams have called now
Green may be seen as a grade A backup
with the draft passed

eazyb81
04-30-2007, 04:01 PM
Trent shafted himself by giving us only one option for a trading partner. We couldn't get a fair deal in place, but that's hardly our fault. King Carl played it right for the Chiefs, assuming we don't just cut him and let him go to MIA for free. Trent can't blame the Chiefs for this, he tied our hands and let it be known MIA was the only place he wanted to go. If he had at least feigned interest in other teams and the Chiefs had been able to field other offers, maybe MIA would have upped their offer. Instead, all we heard about for weeks was an impending deal between MIA and KC.

Was going to make a post, but I can't say it any better than this.

Trent shot himself in the foot, he has no one to blame but himself.

38yrsfan
04-30-2007, 04:03 PM
Please remember that it is a business poorly disguised as a sport. Playing for the "love of the game" is an antiquated phrase from the days when pay scales were something the average viewer could identify with.