PDA

View Full Version : So, based on the Draft, should I cancel my Sunday Ticket?

Calcountry
04-30-2007, 05:19 PM
Money isn't really the deciding issue, but time certainly is. I feel like I would be much more enriched this season if I didn't waste my Sunday Afternoons praying that the Chiefs would receive 4 miracles so they would qualify to have their asses kicked in the first round of the playoffs.

So how bout it, all you football students. With all of your football knowledge, is Sunday Ticket a good investment for someone who cannot stand witnessing embarrassment and ass kicking against his favorite team on a regular basis.

cdcox
04-30-2007, 05:20 PM
You're not a true fan.

Bacon Cheeseburger
04-30-2007, 05:20 PM
I think you can watch other games with that.

Calcountry
04-30-2007, 05:21 PM
You're not a true fan.I only care for the Chiefs, and them winning.

Skip Towne
04-30-2007, 05:24 PM
You should never cancel your Sunday ticket no matter the circumstances.

bogie
04-30-2007, 05:25 PM
Money isn't really the deciding issue, but time certainly is. I feel like I would be much more enriched this season if I didn't waste my Sunday Afternoons praying that the Chiefs would receive 4 miracles so they would qualify to have their asses kicked in the first round of the playoffs.

So how bout it, all you football students. With all of your football knowledge, is Sunday Ticket a good investment for someone who cannot stand witnessing embarrassment and ass kicking against his favorite team on a regular basis.

I going to ask what is probably a dumb question. Are we really going to be that much worse than we've been the past few years? If our QB (whoever that may be) steps up, where are we worse for the wear?

Count Zarth
04-30-2007, 05:25 PM
Why would you want to miss Dwayne Bowe's rookie season?

cdcox
04-30-2007, 05:26 PM
I was mostly joking.

If everything goes perfectly, we could have a strong team this year. Much more likely, we will struggle and finish with between 6 and 9 wins.

I've got the lowest expectations for this team since Gunter's second year. But I'm okay with that. I plan on focusing on watching the team, or at least certain individuals, improve.

chiefsfan1963
04-30-2007, 05:31 PM
the only way yu are going to watch the Chiefs if you don't live in KC is if you have the Ticket. The franchise got totally disrespected with no national televised games or night time games. Unbelievable that a playoff team does not get any Monday nites or any nites. Unbelievable!

bogie
04-30-2007, 05:33 PM
What has happened during the off-season so far that makes us a worse team?

Draft Picks (click on there names for a scouting report)
WR Dwayne Bowe, LSU (#23)
DT Turk McBride, Tennessee (#54)
DT Tank Tyler, NC State (#82)
RB Kolby Smith, Louisville (#148)
K Justin Medlock, UCLA (#160)
OT Herb Taylor, TCU (#196)
TE Michael Allan, Whitworth (#231)

UDFAs (In Progress)
LB Brian Crum, Florida
WR Brad Ekwerekwu, Missouri
S Marlon Fair, Hampton
DT Matt McGlothlin, Tennessee
TE Wes Murphy, Arkansas
WR Ean Randolph, West Central Florida Community College (USF)
QB Josh Swogger, Montana

Signings:

OT Damion McIntosh (Dolphins) - 6 yrs, $18M, $3M SB, $6.5M over 1st 2 yrs
MLB Nap Harris (Vikings) - 6 yrs, $24M, $7.5M SB, $13 over 1st 3
LS Jean-Phillippe Darche (Seahawks) - 4 yrs, less than $1M
ILB Donnie Edwards (Chargers) - 3 yrs, $13.5M
DT Ron Edwards (Chiefs) - 4 yrs, close to $8M
DT Alphonso Boone (Bears) - 4 yrs, close to $8M, $1.5M guaranteed
DE/DT Jimmy Wilkerson (Chiefs) - 1 year, undisclosed dollars
DB John McGraw (Jets) - 2 years, undisclosed dollars
K Lawrence Tynes - 1 year, $850K
DT James Reed - 3 years, $3M
K Aaron Barrett - 2 years, undisclosed dollars
LB Rich Scanlon -1 year, $850K
CB Benny Sapp - undisclosed terms
OLB Keyaron Fox - undisclosed terms

Chiefs Free Agents or Trades

NCB Benny Sapp - Visiting with Dolphins
OT Jordan Black - Signed by the Texans.
MLB Kawika Mitchell - Signed a 1-year, $1M deal with the Giants
CB Lenny Walls - Signed by Rams
FS Greg Wesley - says he will not play for Chiefs next year, 2 teams in NFC North reported to be seeking trade
QB Trent Green - most reports have him going to Miami right before the draft
RB Larry Johnson - Adam Schefter says the Chiefs have talked to Buffalo, Cleveland, Green Bay, and Tennessee
KR Dante Hall - traded to St. Louis along with 3rd-round pick (#86) for the Rams' 5th and 3rd (#84)

Cuts
OT Kyle Turley - confirmed by several sources
SS Sammy Knight - Rhonda Moss is disputing sources saying he's been cut
S William Bartee - has been cut according to NFLN, unconfirmed

Logical
04-30-2007, 05:40 PM
If you are only interested in watching a playoff team then save your money, the Chiefs won't be there. Not enough offensive line and too much inexperience on the defensive line.

Now if you are a fan of the Chiefs and the game then Sunday Ticket is always a good deal that I endorse.

Logical
04-30-2007, 05:42 PM
the only way yu are going to watch the Chiefs if you don't live in KC is if you have the Ticket. The franchise got totally disrespected with no national televised games or night time games. Unbelievable that a playoff team does not get any Monday nites or any nites. Unbelievable!

Not really when they back into the playoffs and then play like crap when they get there.

Skip Towne
04-30-2007, 05:45 PM
If you are only interested in watching a playoff team then save your money, the Chiefs won't be there. Not enough offensive line and too much inexperience on the defensive line.

Now if you are a fan of the Chiefs and the game then Sunday Ticket is always a good deal that I endorse.
Yep. You also get to see the finishes of close games whose outcome affects the Chiefs.

stlchiefs
04-30-2007, 05:57 PM
funny you ask the question, I canceled my DirecTV and Sunday Ticket earlier today. I'm moving apartments and didn't want to mess with the hassle. Not to mention there were on a a few Chiefs games that I couldn't get on regular cable, this season I'll just head to a bar. For me DirecTv was more of a hassle than it was worth, I spent countless hours on the phone w/ those dumbchits, but Sunday Ticket is awesome to have.
Bunny, if you have the money and watch all the games, I'd keep it.

Skip Towne
04-30-2007, 06:01 PM
funny you ask the question, I canceled my DirecTV and Sunday Ticket earlier today. I'm moving apartments and didn't want to mess with the hassle. Not to mention there were on a a few Chiefs games that I couldn't get on regular cable, this season I'll just head to a bar. For me DirecTv was more of a hassle than it was worth, I spent countless hours on the phone w/ those dumbchits, but Sunday Ticket is awesome to have.
Bunny, if you have the money and watch all the games, I'd keep it.
Quitter!! Did you know about the Movers Program? Call D* and tell them you are moving. You take the receivers and remotes with you and they come out and put up a new dish and wire your new place for you. I think you can do that twice per year at no cost.

ChiefsfaninPA
04-30-2007, 06:03 PM
Regardless, there are always good games to choose to watch. I like having options. If not, I would only get to see Pitt, Philly and Baltimore every week. That would suck.

Skip Towne
04-30-2007, 06:57 PM
the only way yu are going to watch the Chiefs if you don't live in KC is if you have the Ticket.
Not so. We get all but one or two of the Chiefs games from CBS in Tulsa every year. I think they are on CBS in most of Iowa as well.

Cochise
04-30-2007, 06:59 PM
For what it costs... I don't think I would have it at all. Yikes.

Skip Towne
04-30-2007, 07:01 PM
Get a job, ya bum!

cdcox
04-30-2007, 07:04 PM

It costs way less than going to a bar for 10 or more games. Plus, I can eat my own food and drink my own booze without worrying about driving home.

stlchiefs
04-30-2007, 07:05 PM
Quitter!! Did you know about the Movers Program? Call D* and tell them you are moving. You take the receivers and remotes with you and they come out and put up a new dish and wire your new place for you. I think you can do that twice per year at no cost.

Yeah that's what they told me today. I told them it took them a month and 3 install dates to set the first one up and I didn't trust their intelligence to handle a move. She asked why I was cancelling and I told her to just open my account and she'd see the numerous problems I'd had.

Anyone have a need for a free dish? I was told if I didn't want it to just leave it and my apartment won't allow that so they said to just throw it away, which is the plan as of now.

Calcountry
04-30-2007, 07:14 PM
It costs way less than going to a bar for 10 or more games. Plus, I can eat my own food and drink my own booze without worrying about driving home.I wouldn't have pictured you as a drinking man.

ChiefsCountry
04-30-2007, 07:16 PM

If he is living an apartment they make having Directv or Dish a bitch. I know at mine it is, I would much rather have DirecTV than cable but all the crap the apartment complexes make you do to have it, its not worth it.

keg in kc
04-30-2007, 07:17 PM
Yes, you should.

KcMizzou
04-30-2007, 07:25 PM
The thread title asks if you should cancel. The poll asks if you should renew.

Is this some sort of trick?

stlchiefs
04-30-2007, 07:26 PM
If he is living an apartment they make having Directv or Dish a bitch. I know at mine it is, I would much rather have DirecTV than cable but all the crap the apartment complexes make you do to have it, its not worth it.

Yeah I'm not supposed to have it, but talked to a guy in the leasing office and they said they rarely enforce the rule, so I took the risk and had it installed. No problem from the landlord only from DirecTV

siberian khatru
04-30-2007, 07:27 PM
Don't ask me, I buy MLB Extra Innings so I can watch Royals games.

Mr. Plow
04-30-2007, 07:39 PM
drink my own booze without worrying about driving home.

Hell, that's half the fun.

Skip Towne
04-30-2007, 07:39 PM
You're right. The Telecommunications Act of 1996 forbids apartments from prohibiting dishes. But they left enough leeway in favor of the owners that they can restrict you to death. If the motif of the complex is green, they can make you paint the dish green. They can also require a deposit in case of damage done by the install. My company loses about 40% of apt. installs due to "no line of sight" or apartment rules.

ChiefFan31
04-30-2007, 07:49 PM
It costs way less than going to a bar for 10 or more games. Plus, I can eat my own food and drink my own booze without worrying about driving home.

Excellent point.

I was forced to do that last year. The apt I moved into could not get D* (due to the angle)

It sucked. Me and my Pops took turns which one had to crank the neck around to watch a muted Chiefs game on some TV far away most of the time.

Keep D* and NFL Sunday ticket. It doesnt look like you do Fantasy Football, which is fun, but also its flat out worth it to get your pick of ALL the games.

chiefsfan1963
04-30-2007, 07:57 PM
Not so. We get all but one or two of the Chiefs games from CBS in Tulsa every year. I think they are on CBS in most of Iowa as well.

I'm talking about those folks that live in other cities that either have other nfl football teams or are far from KCMO. Iowa, OK, Nebraska is part of Chief's Country. It would stand to reason that they would televise Chief's games.

Manila-Chief
04-30-2007, 08:31 PM
Hey Skip,

I had Sunday Ticket last year. I heard an add on TV lately that said if anyone signs up for the ticket now they get the Superfan thing free. Do I need to sign up again this year or is it auto re up thing?

Calcountry
05-01-2007, 02:15 PM
Hey Skip,

I had Sunday Ticket last year. I heard an add on TV lately that said if anyone signs up for the ticket now they get the Superfan thing free. Do I need to sign up again this year or is it auto re up thing?No doubt that is ONLY for n00bies. Directv is good at doing that kind of chit to their regular, loyal, returning customers.

htismaqe
05-01-2007, 02:20 PM

Yeah, we get about 10 of the Chiefs games out of Des Moines. Just enough to make NFL Ticket not worth it, but not enough to be satisfied.

Reerun_KC
05-01-2007, 02:25 PM
Man I am still up in arms on what to do?

Do I want to watch Herm and the Chiefs play buttsex football?

Do I just want to watch the new players and dream of Herm's firing?

But I can always buy it and just watch whatever game I want, easier to keep up with my FFL team that way...

This is the first year since Sunday Ticket was introduced that I cant decide if I want it or not...