PDA

View Full Version : LOL. Trent Green...

Short Leash Hootie
04-30-2007, 09:43 PM
Loses Vermeil and his offensive line that MADE HIM THE QB HE WAS and now he "won't play for the Chiefs..."

Listen bitch...WE MADE YOU...we could've had ANY SYSTEM QB and turned him into a pro bowler and paid him over 50 million dollars to do what you did...

Be greatful, buddy...because you aren't even NFL caliber. Vermeil MADE you.

SNR
04-30-2007, 09:45 PM
REPOST

boogblaster
04-30-2007, 09:45 PM
HottieHatingonMondayNight....that aint writ....

percysnow
04-30-2007, 09:46 PM
possibly the dumbest post ever. . (no offense). . .trent gave this team all he had year in and year out with no defensive help. . then he gets in jured and assholes like u and the chiefs orginazation turn theior back on him abnd boo him. . then they dangle him publically for a 4th round pick. . and now he;s the bad guy. . damn u peopkle have such short term memories. .

SNR
04-30-2007, 09:48 PM
I do agree with this statement by Hootie, though. By Trent being a bitch about this, it's the Chiefs' every right to do with him whatever most benefits the team. We don't owe Trent shit except for the money in his contract.

Short Leash Hootie
He should be flattered CP thought as highly as he did and wanted a 4th round pick.

Dude isn't worth a 7th...

SNR
He should be flattered CP thought as highly as he did and wanted a 4th round pick.

Dude isn't worth a 7th...Okay THAT I don't agree with

percysnow
04-30-2007, 09:49 PM
and hootie i just read ur sig. .thats some good stuff. . lol

Short Leash Hootie
04-30-2007, 09:50 PM
Green is nothing more than a less successful Kurt Warner.

How good was Kurt Warner as soon as Vermeil left? How good was Kurt Warner when Pace stopped playing at an all-pro level?

Warner and Green were nothing more than beneficiaries of the most dominant offensive system the NFL has ever seen.

Mile High Mania
04-30-2007, 09:53 PM
So... is Plummer better than Green now?

Mecca
04-30-2007, 09:53 PM
Green is a system QB in that he does need alot of pieces to be good........he is not mobile, his arm is not good and he holds the ball to long, without a upper tier line he'll get his block knocked off........

SNR
04-30-2007, 09:54 PM

How good was Kurt Warner as soon as Vermeil left? How good was Kurt Warner when Pace stopped playing at an all-pro level?

Warner and Green were nothing more than beneficiaries of the most dominant offensive system the NFL has ever seen.Well, the simple fact that Green knows the Coryell offense better than anyone in the NFL today, including Al Saunders and Mike Martz, and is a fantastic leader on and off the field makes him worth a little more than what you're talking about.

Mecca
04-30-2007, 09:55 PM

By what standards.......

SNR
04-30-2007, 09:56 PM
So... is Plummer better than Green now?No. Go away. You didn't see us bothering you guys when it was Terrell Davis vs. Olandis Gary, did you?

dj56dt58
04-30-2007, 09:57 PM
no

Mile High Mania
04-30-2007, 09:57 PM
By what standards.......

Sorry, that one buzzed right over your head... there's a lot of hate flowing around for Trent, so I threw that out there in jest. Thanks for playing.

Mile High Mania
04-30-2007, 09:58 PM
No. Go away. You didn't see us bothering you guys when it was Terrell Davis vs. Olandis Gary, did you?

Sarcasm... take a pill.

Mecca
04-30-2007, 09:59 PM
I was just being a smartass about it..........

Douche Baggins

You ****ers just can't let the past die, can you?

SNR
Sarcasm... take a pill.I was trying to be sarcastic, too. I thought bringing up Olandis Gary would be funny, but I guess it kind of failed.

boogblaster
04-30-2007, 10:01 PM
Plummer was is and always will be nothing but a roll-out QB with little down-field vision...Green could read defences ....

Mile High Mania
04-30-2007, 10:02 PM
OK .. let it die, was a failed attempt at humor with an old debate.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-30-2007, 10:09 PM
OK .. let it die, was a failed attempt at humor with an old debate.

Jake Plummer is a better player than Trent Green is.

AT HANDBALL

ROFL :LOL: LMAO

Mr. Flopnuts
04-30-2007, 10:10 PM
Okay, that wasn't funny either. Sorry. I'm just gonna go stand over here.

Logical
04-30-2007, 10:11 PM
Sigh

ChiefJustice
04-30-2007, 10:11 PM

KFD Jake Plummer!!...oh wait,nevermind.

chagrin
05-01-2007, 05:50 AM

Warner and Green were nothing more than beneficiaries of the most dominant offensive system the NFL has ever seen.

Kurt Warner had a very bad thumb injury and it never healed, during this time his O-line did decrease in their protection success. I understand you are trying to stir the pot, I mean be controversial, but only 50% of what you are posting is somewhat accurate, carry on.

King_Chief_Fan
05-01-2007, 06:14 AM

only when it comes to kicking fenders and lights of little old ladies cars!!

scorpio
05-01-2007, 06:17 AM
only when it comes to kicking fenders and lights of little old ladies cars!!

It was an old(ish) man, and he had it coming :)

KC Jones
05-01-2007, 06:18 AM
REPOST

Did you mean RETARD?

blueballs
05-01-2007, 06:53 AM

the less playing time Eric Hicks got
the less effective ___?___ Plummer became
confidence oozed out of him like
man chowder out of redrums mom's balloon knot

stevieray
05-01-2007, 07:33 AM
Hey dipshit, it's a team sport.

Simply Red
05-01-2007, 08:01 AM
Hey dipshit, it's a team sport.
ROFL

philfree
05-01-2007, 08:31 AM
I can't blame Trent since we are trying to trade him. All he did was play to the second highest level of any QB in the league for a four year span and then he gave himself up for the team on a scramble which almost got him killed. IMO Trent should have been given a chance to redeem himself in 2007 for his poor finish in 2006. He may never be the same after his concussion though so as much as I like Trent his scenario is 50-50.

PhilFree:arrow:

StcChief
05-01-2007, 08:34 AM
I can't blame Trent since we are trying to trade him. All he did was play to the second highest level of any QB in the league for a four year span and then he gave himself up for the team on a scramble which almost got him killed. IMO Trent should have been given a chance to redeem himself in 2007 for his poor finish in 2006. He may never be the same after his concussion though so as much as I like Trent his scenario is 50-50.

PhilFree:arrow:Agree let him compete for #1 QB.
I want the best on the field.

So If Croyle wins the job, will Hootie (where are the blowfish?) rag on him because Huard isn't starting.

Gonzo
05-01-2007, 08:43 AM
possibly the dumbest post ever. . (no offense). . .trent gave this team all he had year in and year out with no defensive help. . then he gets in jured and assholes like u and the chiefs orginazation turn theior back on him abnd boo him. . then they dangle him publically for a 4th round pick. . and now he;s the bad guy. . damn u peopkle have such short term memories. .

:drool:

I like tater-tots!!!

Bowser
05-01-2007, 09:38 AM
Loses Vermeil and his offensive line that MADE HIM THE QB HE WAS and now he "won't play for the Chiefs..."

Listen bitch...WE MADE YOU...we could've had ANY SYSTEM QB and turned him into a pro bowler and paid him over 50 million dollars to do what you did...

Because, of course, Vermeil was there in Washington when Trent came out of nowhere to go from third stringer to starter.

Trent is without a doubt the second best QB this team has had in its history, and to some, arguably the best ever. He has earned the right to decide if he wants to play here or not, especially after these offseason moves.

I realize this thread is probably all tongue in cheek, but still felt it should be said. He had a horrible year last year, but I get the feeling we are going to miss Trent for the next few years.

Programmer
05-01-2007, 10:11 AM
I do agree with this statement by Hootie, though. By Trent being a bitch about this, it's the Chiefs' every right to do with him whatever most benefits the team. We don't owe Trent shit except for the money in his contract.

I have not heard Trent say that he wouldnt' play for the Chiefs, I've heard a 3rd party, his agent, say that he wouldn't play for the Chiefs. I have not heard the agent say "Trent said that" before any of his statemsnts.

If you check out the offseason workouts Trent has not missed one. Does that sound like someone that has quit or refuses to play?

Trent is a professional and will give 100% to anything he does. He is still under contract with the Chiefs and is performing as such. Anyone that says he has made the statement needs to back up their claim with proof. I have seen nothing on TV, in the papers or from any credible source on the internet.

Programmer
05-01-2007, 10:13 AM

You seem to forget that Warner had a pretty severe thumb injury on his throwing hand. Don't you think that might have had some impace on his play?

Bowser
05-01-2007, 10:13 AM
So is Programmer saying that Hootie is not a credible source on the internet?

StcChief
05-01-2007, 10:16 AM

He doesn't have to say it. We already know it.

Programmer
05-01-2007, 10:18 AM

He doesn't have to say it. We already know it.

There ya go!

htismaqe
05-01-2007, 10:34 AM
I have not heard Trent say that he wouldnt' play for the Chiefs, I've heard a 3rd party, his agent, say that he wouldn't play for the Chiefs. I have not heard the agent say "Trent said that" before any of his statemsnts.

This is the same thing that comes up when we talk about Jared Allen's "threats" to leave.

If the agent is saying it, how could one not assume that the player is OKAY with saying it?

These guys are professionals. Are you trying to suggest that Trent's agent is out there making public statements that Trent doesn't agree with?

Smed1065
05-01-2007, 10:45 AM
Trent probably not but JA is just following his agent I imagine.

BCD
05-01-2007, 10:51 AM
Agree let him compete for #1 QB.
I want the best on the field.

Not if you are trying to rebuild. Starting a 37 yr. old QB makes no sense if you are having a youth movement.

Baby Lee
05-01-2007, 10:53 AM
Trent's greatest attribute is making the most of his protection.
His worst attribute is his decisionmaking when his protection is suspect.
Like stevieray said, it's a team sport. A well protected Trent is one of our greatest assets. But, and damn me to hell for the comparison, he does not have Elway's knack to see everything crumbling and find the best advantage remaining of his options.

BigChiefFan
05-01-2007, 10:57 AM
Not if you are trying to rebuild. Starting a 37 yr. old QB makes no sense if you are having a youth movement.
Play the cards your are dealt. Miami didn't offer enough for Green, so we need to make the most of the situation. We shouldn't just give the fins what ever they want like they are entitled-they aren't. Green is a STARTING QB, who has made the Pro Bowl. The fins offering a 6th rounder is insulting. I'd keep Green to spite those selfish pricks.

Chief Faithful
05-01-2007, 11:11 AM

I will miss Plummer's left handed passing ability. :)

BCD
05-01-2007, 11:11 AM
Play the cards your are dealt. Miami didn't offer enough for Green, so we need to make the most of the situation. We shouldn't just give the fins what ever they want like they are entitled-they aren't. Green is a STARTING QB, who has made the Pro Bowl. The fins offering a 6th rounder is insulting. I'd keep Green to spite those selfish pricks.Insulting to Green, perhaps. I really don't give a shit. I just want this team to get young.

htismaqe
05-01-2007, 11:30 AM
Trent probably not but JA is just following his agent I imagine.

If Allen were just following his agent, they wouldn't be saying two completely different things.

Same goes for Trent.

The ONLY way that it's possible for either the agent or the player to be 100% honest in this is if they truly ARE on a different page. Which says something altoghether different about how they are as professionals and who they are trusting their careers to.

CoMoChief
05-01-2007, 11:39 AM

Warner did make the Pro Bowl in 2000 and 2001. Not to mention went to a SB in 2001.

Year Team att comp % yds TD INT
2000 stl 235 347 67.7 3429 21 18
2001 stl 375 546 68.7 4830 36 22

greg63
05-01-2007, 11:45 AM

No.

BigChiefFan
05-01-2007, 12:34 PM
Insulting to Green, perhaps. I really don't give a shit. I just want this team to get young. We are getting younger, but we aren't going to give a starting QB away just to be gracious to the phins. This business side says we need to hold onto Green until we can work a deal that benefits US, as well. You should give a shit if the team that you follow gets screwed over or not and the phins were trying to screw us over.

Hog Farmer
05-01-2007, 12:56 PM

No, Trent has short term memory, ever since he played the Bengals.

Programmer
05-01-2007, 01:01 PM
This is the same thing that comes up when we talk about Jared Allen's "threats" to leave.

If the agent is saying it, how could one not assume that the player is OKAY with saying it?

These guys are professionals. Are you trying to suggest that Trent's agent is out there making public statements that Trent doesn't agree with?

Let's put it this way, I won't believe that Trent has said anything close to that until I hear it from him.

I think the agent is playing the money game. He doesn't care about the Chiefs or the Dolphins, he only cares about what he can get from an aging player.

Some might believe he is working for the best interest of his client, but everyone knows that money in his pocket is the major issue.

htismaqe
05-01-2007, 01:12 PM
Let's put it this way, I won't believe that Trent has said anything close to that until I hear it from him.

I think the agent is playing the money game. He doesn't care about the Chiefs or the Dolphins, he only cares about what he can get from an aging player.

Some might believe he is working for the best interest of his client, but everyone knows that money in his pocket is the major issue.

That's fine.

But understand that that line of thinking REQUIRES you to assume that Trent is either:

1) too stupid to realize that his agent isn't working in his best interest
2) perfectly willing to let the agent say whatever he wants, even if he doesn't agree with it, to get the best deal

Your line of thinking incriminates Green no matter how you slice it.

Same with Allen.

Simply Red
05-01-2007, 01:13 PM

If you check out the offseason workouts Trent has not missed one. Does that sound like someone that has quit or refuses to play?

Trent is a professional and will give 100% to anything he does. He is still under contract with the Chiefs and is performing as such. Anyone that says he has made the statement needs to back up their claim with proof. I have seen nothing on TV, in the papers or from any credible source on the internet.
Would you learn how to spell please?

vailpass
05-01-2007, 01:16 PM
That's fine.

But understand that that line of thinking REQUIRES you to assume that Trent is either:

2) perfectly willing to let the agent say whatever he wants, even if he doesn't agree with it, to get the best deal

Same with Allen.

If you aren't willing to follow #2 you should not waste your money on an agent. Following that principle doesn't make you a criminal, or a heartless bastard, or wrong. It makes you a businessman and that's the name of the game.

Hog Farmer
05-01-2007, 01:21 PM
I miss the good ole days when n00bs were attacked with reckless abandon . I haven't got to call somebody and Idiot for quite some time now!

htismaqe
05-01-2007, 01:57 PM
If you aren't willing to follow #2 you should not waste your money on an agent. Following that principle doesn't make you a criminal, or a heartless bastard, or wrong. It makes you a businessman and that's the name of the game.

That's the problem.

He said he doesn't believe anything the agent says, he only believes what comes out of Trent's mouth.

Inherently, if condition number 2 is true, what "comes out of Trent's mouth" cannot be trusted because he already told his agent it's OK to lie.

Programmer
05-01-2007, 03:12 PM
That's fine.

Same with Allen.

You may have your opinion, but I don't think I'm as cynical as you seem to be.

I distrust agents. They remind me of mods.

Programmer
05-01-2007, 03:14 PM
Would you learn how to spell please?

Spelling Police? Can you tell the difference between a typo and a spelling error? It isn't that important to me, but if you need to evaluaate my capabilities please mark the misspelled words and I'll correct them and then stand in the corner.

Oh and to answer your question:

P L E A S E

htismaqe
05-01-2007, 03:23 PM
You may have your opinion, but I don't think I'm as cynical as you seem to be.

I distrust agents. They remind me of mods.

Pulling out the mod smack. Particularly weak.

Especially considering I'm not a mod.

htismaqe
05-01-2007, 03:28 PM
Glad to see you back, BTW.

How many does this make it? Been over to DC yet?

siberian khatru
05-01-2007, 03:30 PM

Then you must be a rocker!

http://www.robot.com.au/gallery/mods%20rockers%201.jpg

HBBoltGirl
05-01-2007, 03:31 PM

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

vailpass
05-01-2007, 03:33 PM
That's the problem.

He said he doesn't believe anything the agent says, he only believes what comes out of Trent's mouth.

Inherently, if condition number 2 is true, what "comes out of Trent's mouth" cannot be trusted because he already told his agent it's OK to lie.

OIC, thanks.

Chris Meck
05-01-2007, 04:47 PM
I will not, under any circumstances, think anything bad about Trent Green. He deserved better than he got here, he was a great QB and stand-out citizen.

That being said, it's time for him to move on, and his agent is just trying to make sure that Trent does get out. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a little short in the heart department-something Trent had in spades.

Farewell, Trent. Unless we're playing against you.

Mr. Laz
05-01-2007, 05:50 PM
i guess Trent Green doesn't think the Chiefs are doing him a favor either.

Dongerisafktrd
05-01-2007, 05:56 PM
trent green is gay and will always be a quiefer!!

Programmer
05-02-2007, 06:52 AM
Pulling out the mod smack. Particularly weak.

Who said that your were a mod? You must have been a mod at one point, based on your response. NTTAWWT

htismaqe
05-02-2007, 07:40 AM
Who said that your were a mod? You must have been a mod at one point, based on your response. NTTAWWT

You know fully well that I was a mod at one point, because you've been here before.

Haven't you?

Brock
05-02-2007, 08:00 AM
You know fully well that I was a mod at one point, because you've been here before.

Haven't you?

Yeah, this is obviously somebody from the distant past.

htismaqe
05-02-2007, 08:10 AM
Yeah, this is obviously somebody from the distant past.

Actually, not so distant.

Programmer
05-02-2007, 01:39 PM

Haven't you?

No, all I know about you is what you have posted here and that isn't much. I'd guess by your avatar that you are a NCAA fan and are from Iowa or somewhere nearby.

I'm pretty new here myself.

htismaqe
05-02-2007, 01:52 PM
No, all I know about you is what you have posted here and that isn't much. I'd guess by your avatar that you are a NCAA fan and are from Iowa or somewhere nearby.

I'm pretty new here myself.

Ah, ok.