PDA

View Full Version : Would this be a good undrafted free agent signing?

Mr. Flopnuts
04-30-2007, 10:51 PM
Kenny Scott - CB - Georgia Tech

ESPN says this.....

1. Kenny Scott, CB, Georgia Tech Scott is a tall, lean cornerback with very good top-end speed. He displays enough natural tools to develop into a solid sub-package cover corner in the NFL, but also needs a lot of polishing. To reach his full potential, Scott must improve his discipline, becoming stronger and more physical in run support

Anyone know anything about this guy?

VonneMarie
04-30-2007, 10:52 PM
He's a CB from Georgia Tech?

Mr. Flopnuts
04-30-2007, 10:55 PM

Yeah. If there was sarcasm in there I didn't catch it. So, yeah he is.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-30-2007, 11:00 PM

Okay. You win. I thought I could get another response from you. You were too smart. I concede.

VonneMarie
04-30-2007, 11:02 PM
Okay. You win. I thought I could get another response from you. You were too smart. I concede.
Can a woman do her homework in peace?

I don't know, there ya happy? :p

VonneMarie
04-30-2007, 11:02 PM
Yeah. If there was sarcasm in there I didn't catch it. So, yeah he is.
Bada Boom!

Mr. Flopnuts
04-30-2007, 11:06 PM
Never mind. Wasted thread. He already signed with Tampa.

Sam Hall
04-30-2007, 11:08 PM
I was wondering about this guy as I watched the last couple rounds. I think the Chiefs would've drafted him if they wanted him.

Wilson8
04-30-2007, 11:46 PM
He is doing a try out with Tampa Bay. I guess we could still sign him.

ClevelandBronco
04-30-2007, 11:54 PM
Never mind. Wasted thread. He already signed with Tampa.

It's just as well. I'm no fan of tall corners. It's too easy to get them off balance on the swivel. Their shoulders tend not to follow their hips as fluidly.

Give me a shorter guy who has the spring that gives him the height when he needs it rather than a tall guy who can run, but can't contort as he jumps. Smaller guys often have better control when they go up, and that can cause disruption at the point of the catch.

Besides, who the heck wants a tall CB against the run? That's more often all about the ability to go low against a runner.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-30-2007, 11:56 PM
It's just as well. I'm no fan of tall corners. It's too easy to get them off balance on the swivel. Their shoulders tend not to follow their hips as fluidly.

Give me a shorter guy who has the spring that gives him the height when he needs it rather than a tall guy who can run, but can't contort as he jumps. Smaller guys often have better control when they go up, and that can cause disruption at the point of the catch.

Besides, who the heck wants a tall CB against the run? That's more often all about the ability to go low against a runner.

Nice post. Rep.