PDA

View Full Version : To reaper and ultra

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

big nasty kcnut
04-30-2007, 10:58 PM
Did yoiu guys see the ecw guys on raw getting pissed that vince won the ecw belts and tommy speaking from his heart. I so want to see them kill vince soul tomorrow.

keg in kc
04-30-2007, 10:59 PM
I'm not reaper or ultra, but I saw it.

It was a damn good raw, right up until they brought no-talent kennedy out, and then that f*cking worthless khali.

Ultra Peanut
04-30-2007, 11:00 PM
until they brought no-talent kennedy outI am going to hunt you down.

With a knife.

then that f*cking worthless khali.ok we cool

But yeah, it was like, "Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! THUD."

Randall was clearly desperate to keep his spot on Raw, though, and the result was a really good ~30 minute match. Of course, the last quarter of the show was as terrible as the first quarter was good. Thanks Double Double E!

keg in kc
04-30-2007, 11:03 PM
That whole kennedy promo was a waste of 5 minutes.

He's your typical WWE midcard guy, a la MVP, who can perform if he has a strong enough worker (a benoit, for instance). He has no real mike skills, as edge pointed out before 'mania ("you say your name twice"...).

The sad part is, they have to push guys like him, because the talent pool is so low.

The superstars of the future, however, like 'em or not, are going to be Kenny Dykstra and Lance Cade.

Ultra Peanut
04-30-2007, 11:04 PM
He has no real mike skillsNO

NO

You stop talking... NOW

, as edge pointed out before 'mania ("you say your name twice"...).

The sad part is, they have to push guys like him, because the talent pool is so low.

The superstars of the future, however, like 'em or not, are going to be Kenny Dykstra and Lance Cade.WHY YOU KEEP TALKING

I CAN'T HEAR YOU I CAN'T HEAR YOU

Phobia
04-30-2007, 11:05 PM
I think I saw that. I love the Animal Planet.

keg in kc
04-30-2007, 11:05 PM
Oh yeah, the Orton Edge match was great.

It's just a major let-down to expect Michaels - Cena and end up with a Khali run-in. Jesus.

And it scares me to think about Cena-Kennedy in a year. They'll have to make it a 3-way so someone can carry them both.

That sounded so wrong.

Heard an interesting idea that maybe they'll have Michaels take the belt from Cena and then feud with HHH when he's back around Summerslam.

Ultra Peanut
04-30-2007, 11:11 PM
Seriously, Kennedy's a solid worker (as evidenced by the job he did carrying Boretista a while back), and way better on the stick than you give him credit it for being. Even tonight he did a great job of toying with the audience in very natural fashion.

Also, there is no way in hell they're going to sit on the MITB for a year.

It's just a major let-down to expect Michaels - Cena and end up with a Khali run-in. Jesus.I would have been fine with just about ANYTHING except ****ing BAH GAWD IT'S THE GREAT KHALI.

On the other hand, it is morbidly hilarious that their solution to Cena's flagging popularity is not to mix things up and have him turn heel (Noooo, we can't lose sales of our precious spinner belts!) or do something mildly interesting, or even become mortal for a moment and drop the title to HBK to spark a chase to regain it. No, it's to have the least interesting, least over heel on the roster (outside of Chris Masters) take out his rivals and become his primary opponent for a while.

The only people less qualified to be bookers than the WWE staff are working in Orlando.

big nasty kcnut
04-30-2007, 11:34 PM
Well what you think about tommy telling vince that he sucks. I got a feeling vince will have to face one of those guys the question is who my pick tommy dreamer.

Demonpenz
04-30-2007, 11:35 PM
it's still real to me damnit

big nasty kcnut
04-30-2007, 11:36 PM
Also why isn't angle style or angle daniels being pushed those would be awesome storylines. Plus let joe rest so he can claim the head spot soon.

Demonpenz
04-30-2007, 11:37 PM
kc must have a bunch of sprite and vodka's in him to be posting this much

Fat Elvis
04-30-2007, 11:37 PM
Its real to you, damnit.

edit: Too little too late on my behalf....

Demonpenz
04-30-2007, 11:38 PM
i beat you

Rausch
04-30-2007, 11:41 PM
I think I saw that. I love the Animal Planet.

Deep down, there's a part of me who knows you pubbed Nut just to piss me off.

Or perhaps you didn't, and it just did...

Either way, I should probably urinate on you in a recliner...

ChiefJustice
05-01-2007, 12:00 AM
Anyone read Foley's new book?

It's just interesting how some of these "angles" are
developed so far in advance and how the WWE writing
staff has to change an idea constantly based mostly
on time constraints and lack of communication.

Reaper16
05-01-2007, 12:33 AM
First off, SHUT THE HELL UP, Keg. Kennedy is ****ing brilliant, I'm flabbergasted that you can't see that. He's top 3 in the WWE on the mic; did you see him last night? A Smackdown guy comes into Raw, and does two things with his promo: 1. generates heat from the entire building, and 2. has the same building chanting his catchphrase along with him at the end of the promo. Kennedy is going to follow the footsteps of Austin and The Rock by being the charismatic heel w/ mic skills that goes over as a face. Also, Kennedy is pretty damn good in the ring. Pretty damn good.

Now that that's out of the way, yeah I enjoyed this Raw. It was the first one in a long time that wasn't flat out terrible. Edge/Orton match was good during the commerical breaks for 24. I was dissapointed in Khali being attacker, but I figured it was going to be anyway. Too bad it couldn't have been a Cena heel turn.

Reaper16
05-01-2007, 12:36 AM
Also why isn't angle style or angle daniels being pushed those would be awesome storylines. Plus let joe rest so he can claim the head spot soon.
Rumor mill has Joe being persuaded to come to WWE when his TNA contract expires soon. He's real life best buds w/ Cena, so there may be some truth to this one.

Reaper16
05-01-2007, 12:40 AM
Well what you think about tommy telling vince that he sucks. I got a feeling vince will have to face one of those guys the question is who my pick tommy dreamer.
While I'm very glad that the ECW belt is off of Lashley, I hope Vince loses it real quick. ECW needs a credible champion: Van Dam is a solid choice, so is putting it on CM Punk or Elijah Burke to add more gravitas to their brooding feud. (Which I'm excited for, btw).

As for tomorrow, Dreamer would be a good choice to face Vince. Tommy would take better care of Vince in the ring out of the originals.

ChiefJustice
05-01-2007, 12:48 AM
A Khali and Cena heel turn/team-up would be great.

Get Umaga and Edge to see the "light" and form an uneasy alliance for the tag belts.

let Cena and Khali decimate everyone in singles and tag matches,knock around HBK and Flair..

When HHH is back..reform DX and the horsemen.It writes itself from there.Maybe even a Steve Austin cameo.

keg in kc
05-01-2007, 01:30 AM
First off, SHUT THE HELL UP, Keg. Kennedy is ****ing brilliant, I'm flabbergasted that you can't see that. He's top 3 in the WWE on the mic; did you see him last night? A Smackdown guy comes into Raw, and does two things with his promo: 1. generates heat from the entire building, and 2. has the same building chanting his catchphrase along with him at the end of the promo. Kennedy is going to follow the footsteps of Austin and The Rock by being the charismatic heel w/ mic skills that goes over as a face. Also, Kennedy is pretty damn good in the ring. Pretty damn good.

Now that that's out of the way, yeah I enjoyed this Raw. It was the first one in a long time that wasn't flat out terrible. Edge/Orton match was good during the commerical breaks for 24. I was dissapointed in Khali being attacker, but I figured it was going to be anyway. Too bad it couldn't have been a Cena heel turn.Oh look, a Kennedy homer.

Yawn.

keg in kc
05-01-2007, 01:38 AM
Rumor mill has Joe being persuaded to come to WWE when his TNA contract expires soon. He's real life best buds w/ Cena, so there may be some truth to this one.Where did you hear that?

I think that would be a horrible career choice for Joe, as big a fan of the guy as I am. Not that TNA is worth anything, but he doesn't fit the WWE prototype at all. Although his look is better (for WWE) than it was when he was on Heat several years ago. My guess is, especially since he's not a "home grown" guy, they'd either ship him to OVW for a while, or else bring him up, give him an initial push and then bury him on the midcard, similar to what they did with Punk. If ECW can be said to have a midcard.

Speaking of Punk, they still can't seem to decide what they want to do with him.

The best thing for Joe would be for TNA to drop the sports entertainment crap and get back to promoting in-ring work. I still think they'd find a fan base, albeit a small one (but bigger than now), if they tried that. They really ****ed him up, though. They push him as a monster for a year and a half, them have him job to Angle, and then cloud up the heavyweight division so much that I'm not sure they can ever get him back to what he was. It's this bullshit about nobody ever really 'losing'. ROH does it right, when they book a champ, whether it's Danielson or Morishima, they make him the MAN. In TNA, it's like a group of guys who are all pretty much the same tossing the belt back and forth.

cookster50
05-01-2007, 05:00 AM
This thread is worthless. That's it, just worthless.

Swanman
05-01-2007, 06:55 AM
ROH does it right, when they book a champ, whether it's Danielson or Morishima, they make him the MAN. In TNA, it's like a group of guys who are all pretty much the same tossing the belt back and forth.

I went to the ROH show in Chicago Ridge on Saturday night and it was incredible. Morishima is a MONSTER, he's a legit 330 pounds and very agile. He went against Shingo (another Japanese wrestler that has the best mullet ever) in a surprisingly good match. Although by far the best match was The Briscoes against Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin. The Briscoes are, in my opinion, the best tag team in the US right now. After seeing Shelley and Sabin at their absolute best, it just pissed me off how they're being wasted on TNA. Granted, Sabin is the X Champ but that belt has been so marginalized lately it almost means nothing. TNA really needs to go back to focusing the show around the X championship and get the old farts (Steiner, Sting, Dudleys, etc.) out of the main event picture.

ROH is coming back to Chicago in late June with a main event already announced of Kenta vs. Bryan Danielson, which will definitely be a match of the year candidate. They also teased a Roderick Strong vs Delirious match for the show.

keg in kc
05-08-2007, 12:14 AM
Not a good night for young Kennedy.

Hope his triceps heals quickly.

Smackdown's in some deep shit with he and 'taker both going down. Looks like it'll be Big Dave with the title again tomorrow. Bleh.

Virtua Chief
05-08-2007, 12:24 AM
I haven't watched much Raw or ECW lately and I never watch Thunder, er I mean Smackdown, but sometimes I wish CM Punk would turn into Sting, put everyone in the Anaconda Vice while Taz gives everyone else belly to belly tazplexes.

Then I might start watching again

Mecca
05-08-2007, 12:25 AM
Kennedys out 5-7 months........

Edge is gonna take the title at the taping tomorrow that has to explain his win......it also helps him avoid the Triple H revenge tour in a few months........

Mecca
05-08-2007, 12:25 AM
I haven't watched much Raw or ECW lately and I never watch Thunder, er I mean Smackdown, but sometimes I wish CM Punk would turn into Sting, put everyone in the Anaconda Vice while Taz gives everyone else belly to belly tazplexes.

Then I might start watching again

Smackdown is generally better than the other 2 shows.......

Reaper16
05-08-2007, 12:46 AM
Yeah, Smackdown has been much better than Raw for a while now. Hell, ECW has been better than Raw ever since Dusty Rhodes got involved with the booking a couple of months ago.

I didn't read about Kennedy's triceps injury before watching Raw tonight, so at first I freaked the hell out. I thought maybe he was injured? Looked online and sure enough he is. First 'Taker and now Kennedy = pissing me off. What can ya' do, though?

It looks for all the world that Edge will cash in on tomorrow's Smackdown taping and get the WHC. That's a good plan. It brings a big draw maineventer over to Smackdown to replace Undertaker while simultaneously keeping the belt off of guys like Batista and Mark Henry. Plus, Edge gets to escape Raw's typical bullshit, including the "Triple H Revenge Tour," as Mecca so nicely put it. Good choice by the writers in making Edge the guy to get the Money in the Bank contract, especially if he does go over to Smackdown.

keg in kc
05-08-2007, 12:53 AM
Yeah, Smackdown has been much better than Raw for a while now. Hell, ECW has been better than Raw ever since Dusty Rhodes got involved with the booking a couple of months ago.I don't know about that. Raw's had a really, really good run for basically all of calendar 2007. They need to get Vince off the air, though. People are getting apathetic.

I think, in the end, I'll never be a big fan of smackdown because I can't stand Michael Cole.It looks for all the world that Edge will cash in on tomorrow's Smackdown taping and get the WHC. That's a good plan. It brings a big draw maineventer over to Smackdown to replace Undertaker while simultaneously keeping the belt off of guys like Batista and Mark Henry. Plus, Edge gets to escape Raw's typical bullshit, including the "Triple H Revenge Tour," as Mecca so nicely put it. Good choice by the writers in making Edge the guy to get the Money in the Bank contract, especially if he does go over to Smackdown.Yeah, I hadn't thought much about it yet, but that makes sense.

They still have the problem of a lack of main event calibre talent. They're taking the top heel off Raw now, leaving...Orton. Who is death on the mic more often than not. 'taker gone now leaves Dave as the top face on SD.

I think they need to make some changes to ride this out. I hope to god they're not planning to put Cena's belt on Khali, even for a few weeks.

They need to find someone. A lot of someones. They're so thin up top, it's the same guys feuding, now for years at a time. They're about to lose RVD, as well (I almost feel sorry for him tomorrow night), so it's all the brands taking the hit.

Mecca
05-08-2007, 12:56 AM
RVD leaving is his own damn fault.........they offered him a better deal than the one he has now......

Cena is just so stale at this point, I find myself wanting Khali to kick his ass, that shows you how tired I've grown of him. People bitched about Triple H constantly being champ......Cena's right up there with him.

They've actually gone out of their way to make new stars, they all have issues.......some are injury prone, some aren't rounded enough, some are just immature and stupid.......

Virtua Chief
05-08-2007, 12:59 AM
Where is RVD now? Benoit? JERICHO????

keg in kc
05-08-2007, 12:59 AM
RVD leaving is his own damn fault.........they offered him a better deal than the one he has now......

Cena is just so stale at this point, I find myself wanting Khali to kick his ass, that shows you how tired I've grown of him. People bitched about Triple H constantly being champ......Cena's right up there with him.I don't disagree with that. Problem is, like I said, it's the same guys constantly feuding, and there's no top talent.

But if not Cena, then who? Khali would be horrible. Umaga is already getting old.

keg in kc
05-08-2007, 01:00 AM
They've actually gone out of their way to make new stars, they all have issues.......some are injury prone, some aren't rounded enough, some are just immature and stupid.......Concensus seems to be that in killing the territories, they killed their own talent pool that they were drawing from...

I don't know how they'll fix it.

I'd actually like to see more stuff like what they did with "santino morelli", who apparently was a turd in OVW, but I like the sheer 'wtf?" of putting a belt on him like that.

Mecca
05-08-2007, 01:01 AM
I think Khali is fine for what he is, the big freak show guys will always have a place in the wrestling world. Even if he were to win they'd just have Cena chase him till Summerslam and win it back there.

keg in kc
05-08-2007, 01:02 AM
Problem with Khali is that he can't have a match that lasts more than 5 minutes, and a main event on a ppv needs to be more substantial than that.

Mecca
05-08-2007, 01:03 AM
Concensus seems to be that in killing the territories, they killed their own talent pool that they were drawing from...

I don't know how they'll fix it.

I'd actually like to see more stuff like what they did with "santino morelli", who apparently was a turd in OVW, but I like the sheer 'wtf?" of putting a belt on him like that.

Actually my opinion is........we just got done watching 2 of the greatest performers in the history of wrestling in Austin and Rock and we expect that, when fact is those guys are rare very rare.

All you have to do is go back and look at who has mainevented in wrestling very few of them had all the tools.........Bret Hart is a revered maineventer.......today people would shit on him as boring and non charismatic.

There are wrestlers on the roster today that people think are giant turds that just 15-20 years ago would have been huge stars in the business......that's how quickly things change.

Mecca
05-08-2007, 01:04 AM
Where is RVD now? Benoit? JERICHO????

Benoit works Smackdown and is basically a WWE lifer now.......RVD is getting ready to leave, to do what who knows.......Jericho is basically retired from wrestling.

keg in kc
05-08-2007, 01:09 AM
There are wrestlers on the roster today that people think are giant turds that just 15-20 years ago would have been huge stars in the business......that's how quickly things change.You can argue that. I don't agree with it but I can see the argument. I don't think the main eventers of the 2 shows right now (Batista/Cena) would be anything 20 years ago. Maybe midcard.

That's what I see: a whole roster full of midcarders, with nobody on top.

That's not even going into the problems inherent with TNA, who literally books like they're a whole roster full of 20 versions of the same guy. And RVD (and I'm sure Sabu) will only murk those waters up even more.

Mecca
05-08-2007, 01:15 AM
TNA doesn't know how to book......when you book everyone equal....no one gets over they don't get that.

Guys like Khali and Chris Masters would have made huge bank working with Hogan 20 years ago.......they just came around at the wrong time.

I think the WWE has several guys who can be mainevent players, it's just a matter of what you expect from a maineventer.......If you aren't the top guy you'll do some jobbing so at the start people have a hard time buying you......

Virtua Chief
05-08-2007, 01:16 AM
They need to get Paul Heyman back in the mix.

Mecca
05-08-2007, 01:17 AM
They need to get Paul Heyman back in the mix.

The ECW show has been better since he left..........Heyman was revolutionary a decade ago these days alot of his ideas are stale and don't translate....

keg in kc
05-08-2007, 01:19 AM
I think it's a shame Masters isn't more popular than he is (or, well, gets better heat). He's one of the few guys in the business now who's really genuinely passionate about wrestling. This is a childhood dream of his.

I hate his character, though, so I get why he's not bigger.

Actually - that may be the problem: the kind of guys who are breaking in now. A lot of times it's body builders and former athletes that the WWE is paying to train, rather than guys who legitimately want to be wrestlers, and are willing to work their way up the indies.

Mecca
05-08-2007, 01:22 AM
I think it's a shame Masters isn't more popular than he is (or, well, gets better heat). He's one of the few guys in the business now who's really genuinely passionate about wrestling. This is a childhood dream of his.

I hate his character, though, so I get why he's not bigger.

Actually - that may be the problem: the kind of guys who are breaking in now. A lot of times it's body builders and former athletes that the WWE is paying to train, rather than guys who legitimately want to be wrestlers, and are willing to work their way up the indies.

That's because........take a quick look at the indies.......if you are 6'1 and have any frame you look big.

They'd all look like little midgets on WWE TV........for as much as I like guys like Austin Aries who looks big on the indies, he'd look tiny as hell on WWE TV. Hell most of the TNA guys would look small in the WWE.

Virtua Chief
05-08-2007, 01:26 AM
That's because........take a quick look at the indies.......if you are 6'1 and have any frame you look big.

They'd all look like little midgets on WWE TV........for as much as I like guys like Austin Aries who looks big on the indies, he'd look tiny as hell on WWE TV. Hell most of the TNA guys would look small in the WWE.

That is a big knock on WWE that a lot of people probably have. Vince likes to push Goliaths down peoples throats, even if they don't speak English, while guys like Benoit and Punk will remain role players (IC champs).

keg in kc
05-08-2007, 01:28 AM
That's because........take a quick look at the indies.......if you are 6'1 and have any frame you look big.Not really what I was talking about. Point I was making is that guys used to be in wrestling because they loved it, and could make a little money doing it if they were really good. Now, instead of trying to impress the WWE by working their way up, the WWE has to go out and recruit guys, pay those guys so that they'll train, and in the end they end up with a bunch of guys who are in wrestling for the money, guys who know virtually nothing about the history or what it takes to work a match.

There are obvious exceptions of course. But I think that's part of the problem right now.

And that's not to say that those guys don't deserve every cent that they can make.

There's things that can be done. I know in OVW they're started teaching classes that are basically 'history of wrestling'.

Mecca
05-08-2007, 01:29 AM
Chris Benoit would look huge on the indies........

There are guys on the indies that are just so small, you better be really really special if you are small like Rey Mysterio.

You don't have to be massive to make it in WWE but you need to be bigger than 5'8 190.......there are indy guys all over the place that look like Jack Evans who looks like any random joe you can see walking down the street.

Mecca
05-08-2007, 01:31 AM
Not really what I was talking about. Point I was making is that guys used to be in wrestling because they loved it, and could make a little money doing it if they were really good. Now, instead of trying to impress the WWE by working their way up, the WWE has to go out and recruit guys, pay those guys so that they'll train, and in the end they end up with a bunch of guys who are in wrestling for the money, guys who know virtually nothing about the history or what it takes to work a match.

There are obvious exceptions of course. But I think that's part of the problem right now.

And that's not to say that those guys don't deserve every cent that they can make.

There's things that can be done. I know in OVW they're started teaching classes that are basically 'history of wrestling'.

They're more guilty of doing it with women than men........they hire numerous models every year.

keg in kc
05-08-2007, 01:33 AM
I'm not saying they need to bring up indy guys. I'm saying they need to find a way to get the gym rats and bodybuilders who are looking for a quick buck to learn the basics of wrestling...

Right now we've got a lot of guys like Batista and Cena and Carlito that have the look and the ability to work the mike, but completely lack basic in-ring skills. Although Cena has improved, gradually (working long-term with Edge and then Michaels will do that). Carlito still can't work the ropes to save his life. I actually enjoy watching his matches because they're hilariously bad.

Reaper16
05-08-2007, 01:34 AM
I read a newspaper article about MVP this weekend that earned him some kudos from me, and I already liked him. He talked about really being passionate about a good wrestling match and wanting to deliver great matches. He talked about having tapes of his 3 favorite wrestlers -- Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, and Dean Malenko -- in constant rotation in his VCR. Cool stuff.

I'd love to see the pendulum swing away from big, body builder types w/ impressive physique but non impressive ring work to guys who can plain wrestle a match, "small" or not.

keg in kc
05-08-2007, 01:35 AM
They're more guilty of doing it with women than men........they hire numerous models every year.I don't think the majority of guys (indy wrestlers they hire and send to OVW are the exception) they bring in are anything more than the male equivalent of models.

Mecca
05-08-2007, 01:36 AM
You know........Carlito's dad was a wrestler and he worked in his promotion in Puerto Rico for quite a long time before the WWE signed him........

Carlito isn't bad because he wasn't trained or taught or doesn't understand..........he legit has no passion for wrestling. That promo Flair cut on him was quasi shoot that's what alot of people think of him. I've heard some people speak on him where they basically said he was forced into wrestling by his dad cause he needed a guy when it was really something he never wanted to do, so he's kind of rolling with it......

He also HATES being a face with a passion and publicly bitched about that too......he doesn't exactly have good standing in the company......

His brother is the one with the actual passion for wrestling.

keg in kc
05-08-2007, 01:38 AM
I read a newspaper article about MVP this weekend that earned him some kudos from me, and I already liked him. He talked about really being passionate about a good wrestling match and wanting to deliver great matches. He talked about having tapes of his 3 favorite wrestlers -- Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, and Dean Malenko -- in constant rotation in his VCR. Cool stuff.

I'd love to see the pendulum swing away from big, body builder types w/ impressive physique but non impressive ring work to guys who can plain wrestle a match, "small" or not.I agree. That's the shame about TNA, really, because if they really were into the whole "we are wrestling" concept, they have a roster full of really, really good workers. But they're buried under all the bs.

I didn't like MVP a few months ago. He's grown on me. He impressed me in his match at wrestlemania and then has looked good again with Benoit.

Course, there is that. Benoit. What'll MVP look like when he's not working with Benoit? But that's how you learn.

They do have some young guys that I think could be big in time.

Then again, there's guys they have like Shelton Benjamin, that for whatever reason they bury.

Mecca
05-08-2007, 01:39 AM

I'd love to see the pendulum swing away from big, body builder types w/ impressive physique but non impressive ring work to guys who can plain wrestle a match, "small" or not.

I like MVP also but see you have to get though when you say "bigger bodybuilder types" the WWE has never had a problem pushing a guy MVP's size, he's 6'3 245lbs, he's a good sized man. He works hard and obviously wants to improve........I remember when he worked a squash match on TNA and got killed against Monty Brown, wrestling under his real name Antonio Banks......I doubt many people saw MVP in those days........

Fun Fact MVP did 9 years in prison for armed robbery........

keg in kc
05-08-2007, 01:40 AM
Carlito isn't bad because he wasn't trained or taught or doesn't understand..........he legit has no passion for wrestling. That's my whole point. All these guys are trained and taught. The trick is making them care.

Mecca
05-08-2007, 01:41 AM
I agree. That's the shame about TNA, really, because if they really were into the whole "we are wrestling" concept, they have a roster full of really, really good workers. But they're buried under all the bs.

I didn't like MVP a few months ago. He's grown on me. He impressed me in his match at wrestlemania and then has looked good again with Benoit.

Course, there is that. Benoit. What'll MVP look like when he's not working with Benoit? But that's how you learn.

They do have some young guys that I think could be big in time.

Then again, there's guys they have like Shelton Benjamin, that for whatever reason they bury.

Benjamin is burried for the same reason Carlito is......they think he's lazy and has no passion. In the WWE if you show no desire to reach out and take it they won't push you. They think Benjamin has the sit back and they'll eventually push me attitude, until he works hard and shows he wants and gives them a reason to push him they won't.....

TNA is basically WWE Jr, with worse storylines and even fewer guys people care about.

Mecca
05-08-2007, 01:42 AM
That's my whole point. All these guys are trained and taught. The trick is making them care.

That's what happens when you end up a wrestler because of your dad when it isn't something you really wanted to do.......

keg in kc
05-08-2007, 01:45 AM
Yeah, I knew that was the reasoning behind Benjamin's burial, I just haven't seen in-ring evidence of it the way 99% of Carlito's matches show it. I don't get it with Benjamin. But...I'm not backstage.

Mecca
05-08-2007, 01:47 AM
Yeah, I knew that was the reasoning behind Benjamin's burial, I just haven't seen in-ring evidence of it the way 99% of Carlito's matches show it. I don't get it with Benjamin. But...I'm not backstage.

While MVP gets kudos from management for watching tapes to get better........Benjamin is playing video games. They actually had to ban video games backstage because of him, it was all he would do.

I think they've given alot of guys chances, I haven't seen anyone get burried for no reason in awhile......

keg in kc
05-08-2007, 01:52 AM
I just hope The Miz isn't the future of the business.

Mecca
05-08-2007, 01:57 AM
I just hope The Miz isn't the future of the business.

LOL....you hate the real world?

He is what he is a swarmy fratty douche bag you are suppose to hate then he yells hoo-rah for no reason.........

I'm pretty sure the WWE knows his role doesn't extent much past what it is now, he plays it well. Hell they put him in matches with guys that just beat the shit out of him, I thought he did really well with Finlay this past Friday.

I think he's gotten better but he'll never be more than a middle level guy unless something really weird happens.

keg in kc
05-08-2007, 02:02 AM
Well, I was being facetious...

I thought he did real well with Finlay, though.

Mecca
05-08-2007, 02:04 AM
I think people get kinda down these days because there isn't anyone sitting there that makes you go "that guy is the future" WWE or TNA I think there are some guy there who can be solid maineventers but there's no transcending figure.

Orton can mainevent if he'd ever get his shit together.

Coach Mac
05-08-2007, 02:21 AM
I agree with mostly everything that has been said, as far as the top of the rosters being so thin in talent. For that reason, I like what the WWE has done in terms of having all the PPV's feature all three brands. It allows the chance to have cross promotional fueds, which we haven't seen yet, but I suspect we will by the end of the year. With the success of Angle/HBK at WM21, and even RVD/Cena last year, I feel programs between the tops stars on seperate shows is a good thing.

Where I tend to focus is how little time these mid-carders get to perfect their craft. Look at the old Clique, Curt "Mr. Perfect" Henning, Bret Hart, etc. Each of these individuals were able to sit as a midcard talent for a number of years and develope a fan base. Now, they stick the IC belt on Carlito or Nitro and if they don't attract an "Austin-like" following, they get stuck on Heat. I have the same beef about the Tag-Team division. No longer are there mainstays like the Hart Foundation, Demolition, Rockers, Steiners, Headshrinkers, etc. I feel Duece and Domino, and Haas and Benjamin are great teams but need more time, instead of getting stuck in dark matches with the likes of Viscera and Venis.

Personally, I say combine the tag belts and let them jump from show-to-show --- which brings me back to the whole notion of cross-promotional fueds.

Sorry for the long post , but I just wanted to chime in.

Ultra Peanut
05-08-2007, 02:26 AM
Kennedy, no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I think it's a shame Masters isn't more popular than he is (or, well, gets better heat). You are ****ing insane.

big nasty kcnut
05-08-2007, 02:27 AM
I think if rvd was smart he put in his contract that the ecw old schoolers get pushes and they trian and pick the guys to fued and pushed. Cause those guys know the business.

Ultra Peanut
05-08-2007, 02:29 AM
TNA is basically WWE Jr, with worse storylines and even fewer guys people care about.TNA is WCW 2000 mixed with more stupidity. "Hey, I know! Let's keep ****ing over our talent, paying them shit wages, and booking them in incredibly stupid ways! That'll make us successful!"

They have too much good talent to be pissing it all away like they're doing.

Coach Mac
05-08-2007, 02:29 AM
I personally have liked KK since day one. I really enjoy him on mic, no matter what others have to say, and I think he pulls off his heel gimmick much in the way Michaels did in the early 1990's.

What bugs me is KK in the ring. Not that he doesn't have talent, but I just get bored watching his "Anderson" type matches where he takes away one body part and goes to town on it. That might have worked in the NWA-GCW in 1977, but I don't want to watch that now. KK vs. Batista at the Rumble this year was horrible.

Mecca
05-08-2007, 02:37 AM
TNA is WCW 2000 mixed with more stupidity. "Hey, I know! Let's keep ****ing over our talent, paying them shit wages, and booking them in incredibly stupid ways! That'll make us successful!"

They have too much good talent to be pissing it all away like they're doing.

I think they have "some" talent, but I seriously bust out laughing when they act like they are competing with WWE.

keg in kc
05-08-2007, 03:08 AM
You are ****ing insane.Maybe I should've phrased that as "It's a shame Masters isn't better".

As in it's a shame that one of the few guys in the company who actually wants to be a wrestler, who actually cares about it, isn't better at it.

keg in kc
05-08-2007, 03:13 AM
I would say that TNA has as much or more talent on their roster as WWE does, in terms of pure wrestling ability. The problem is, they can't book worth a shit, so nobody gets over.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-08-2007, 03:22 AM
Kennedy, no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

You are ****ing insane.

Tore his tricep. 'Tis the bid'ness.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-08-2007, 03:23 AM
I would say that TNA has as much or more talent on their roster as WWE does, in terms of pure wrestling ability. The problem is, they can't book worth a shit, so nobody gets over.

That's what happens when your booking crew consists of Jeff Jarrett and Vince Russo. Jarrett should have never been elevated above the mid-card, but he's the HHH of their promotion, and Russo is a raving lunatic w/o the editorial process that the WWE gave him (which says a lot about how bad he is that he needs said editorial process).

Mecca
05-08-2007, 04:37 AM
That's what happens when your booking crew consists of Jeff Jarrett and Vince Russo. Jarrett should have never been elevated above the mid-card, but he's the HHH of their promotion, and Russo is a raving lunatic w/o the editorial process that the WWE gave him (which says a lot about how bad he is that he needs said editorial process).

You forgot the dumbass that is Dutch Mantell.......

I don't think TNA has the talent the WWE does......I also don't think they have the eye for talent or the ability to book anyone decently.

TNA is a promotion full of WWE castoffs, has beens, and then their undercard guys some of them are talented but for the most part they are just indy spot monkeys. The few they had that had any potential have been ruined by their poor booking........

For every AJ Styles and Samoa Joe there's guys like Petey Williams and Bobby Roode and tons of other useless people........

If Samoa Joe has the chance to leave he should because right now being Monty Brown in WWE>being Samoa Joe in TNA.

jlscorpio
05-08-2007, 09:49 AM
I'm lovin' this thread. I've been a fan since around '81...Georgia, Mid-south, World Class, pre-Hogan WWF, Crockett Mid-Atlantic. I've remained a fan throughout all the different "era's", including now. I think killing the territories did do major damage to WWF/E's ability to develop talent. They got so lucky with Austin/Rock/Foley in the late 90's. If not for them, the WWE would literally have gone bankrupt being buried in the ratings by the nWo. There's parts of WWE and TNA that I like, but neither has the wow factor that the nWo and Austin/Rock had in their day. Edge is very solid, but injuries have kept him from really realizing his potential in his career. Orton is gold in-ring, but his mic work can be brutal. Kennedy will be very good, but, like Edge, he has to stay healthy to progress. CM Punk is a personal fave of mine, but he may be doomed in the political world of planet Vince. AJ and Daniels in TNA are dynamite, but would their style/look translate to WWE? Likely not. They may suffer the same fate as Lawler in the 80's: being a big fish in a little pond. Just my .02, keep posting wrestling threads, dudes.

Coach Mac
05-08-2007, 01:54 PM
I agree with the idea that killing the territories hurt the WWE's ability develope talent, but at the same time Vince seems to push his "own" creations.

However, in the past, Vince would be able to take someone from a territory and repackage them with a new gimmick. With so many smarcks around that are so "in", I feel like that hurts the WWE and forces the WWE to find their next "Rock", before anyone else does.

I would suggest that the WWE offers a new weekend show, like the old WWF Mania, Superstars, Challenge, and All-American. That would allow more exposure for undercard talents from every brand while keeping the high-profile fueds for the Raw, Smackdown and ECW televisions.

Mecca
05-08-2007, 02:11 PM
I'm lovin' this thread. I've been a fan since around '81...Georgia, Mid-south, World Class, pre-Hogan WWF, Crockett Mid-Atlantic. I've remained a fan throughout all the different "era's", including now. I think killing the territories did do major damage to WWF/E's ability to develop talent. They got so lucky with Austin/Rock/Foley in the late 90's. If not for them, the WWE would literally have gone bankrupt being buried in the ratings by the nWo. There's parts of WWE and TNA that I like, but neither has the wow factor that the nWo and Austin/Rock had in their day. Edge is very solid, but injuries have kept him from really realizing his potential in his career. Orton is gold in-ring, but his mic work can be brutal. Kennedy will be very good, but, like Edge, he has to stay healthy to progress. CM Punk is a personal fave of mine, but he may be doomed in the political world of planet Vince. AJ and Daniels in TNA are dynamite, but would their style/look translate to WWE? Likely not. They may suffer the same fate as Lawler in the 80's: being a big fish in a little pond. Just my .02, keep posting wrestling threads, dudes.

Styles would be fine as a Smackdown worker but he'd do what he does in TNA he's not a mainevent caliber player, he's to southern to ever be a full on maineventer, he'd make more money to do it in WWE though.

Now Daniels, I think he'd struggle like all hell in the WWE, he is far to bland and he wrestles almost the exact same match every time out.....He'd struggle to adapt I think, I doubt the WWE would be interested him honestly.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-08-2007, 02:19 PM
Orton is a classic old-school heel. I actually really liked his interview last night. It almost looked like he had tears in his eyes at the end. I just wish that they would have given him a cheap victory over Superman via interference of the Great Turdbowl

Mecca
05-08-2007, 02:20 PM
Well if Orton would quit acting like a prick in life and destroying hotel rooms maybe he wouldn't have to job all the time....

CoMoChief
05-08-2007, 02:21 PM
WWE is so terrible now.

Baby Lee
05-08-2007, 02:25 PM
Fake wrestling makes Richard Simmons look like Hugh Heffner.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-08-2007, 02:25 PM
Well if Orton would quit acting like a prick in life and destroying hotel rooms maybe he wouldn't have to job all the time....

He didn't job last night, but yes, he is a prick in real life.

Mecca
05-08-2007, 02:33 PM
Fake wrestling makes Richard Simmons look like Hugh Heffner.

What an insightful response........let's talk about goofy shit that you like.

Mecca
05-08-2007, 02:34 PM
WWE is so terrible now.

In comparison too...........wrestling is a cyclical business if you think the boom of 98-2001 is going to continue forever that's highly unrealistic.

They're alot better than they were a couple years ago.....

Reaper16
05-08-2007, 08:21 PM
Edge indeed cashed in the MitB at the Smackdown taping tonight. It's not a spoiler because the story is on wwe.com. After the 'Taker/'Tista match ended in a draw, Mark Henry came out and plowed over Undertaker. Edge then cashed in and won the WHC.

jlscorpio
05-08-2007, 10:02 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Orton did time for going AWOL in the Marines

Mecca
05-08-2007, 10:05 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Orton did time for going AWOL in the Marines

That's actually true.........he did uh 38 days I think.

Before becoming a wrestler, Orton enlisted with the United States Marine Corps. Orton was dishonorably discharged about a year later after going AWOL on two separate occasions, and disobeying an order from a commanding officer. Under the Uniform Code of Military Justice, Private First Class Orton was tried and convicted under a special court-martial, and was put into a military prison for thirty eight days. As this was before a change of law in 2002, Orton did not become a felon as a result.

Mecca
05-08-2007, 10:09 PM
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/5307/4663978zr2.jpg

keg in kc
05-08-2007, 10:22 PM
Edge indeed cashed in the MitB at the Smackdown taping tonight. It's not a spoiler because the story is on wwe.com. After the 'Taker/'Tista match ended in a draw, Mark Henry came out and plowed over Undertaker. Edge then cashed in and won the WHC.They ran it as a bottom line during ECW. I couldn't believe it. (That's they ran the story, not that Edge won)

keg in kc
05-08-2007, 10:23 PM
Styles would be fine as a Smackdown worker but he'd do what he does in TNA he's not a mainevent caliber player, he's to southern to ever be a full on maineventer, he'd make more money to do it in WWE though.I've heard Styles a number of times in interviews say he'll never wrestle in WWE. He does TNA/Indies (well, did indies, I guess, with the new rules) because it gives him time with his family.

That guy is amazing to watch. One of the title matches he and Daniels had with LAX (the ultimate x match, iirc, can't remember which ppv) was probably the best spot-fest I saw last year.

Mecca
05-08-2007, 10:29 PM
They ran it as a bottom line during ECW. I couldn't believe it. (That's they ran the story, not that Edge won)

The show will do a higher rating because people know about it, odd but true. It helps to let people know because of the night it's on, now there are people that want to see the change that will stick around at home till Smackdown is over on Friday night before going out.

keg in kc
05-08-2007, 10:30 PM
The show will do a higher rating because people know about it, odd but true. It helps to let people know because of the night it's on, now there are people that want to see the change that will stick around at home till Smackdown is over on Friday night before going out.I'd imagine that more than 50% of the people watching would know anyway, from reading it online. Probably way, way, way more than 50%. I was just suprised they spoiled it themselves.

Mecca
05-08-2007, 10:33 PM
They've done it a few other times, when Angle jumped to Smackdown was another and the spoiler actually gave them a higher rating. Personally I like Smackdown more than Raw anyway but having anything on, on Friday night can screw with your rating.

Speaking of ECW when we were talking about "future stars" Elijah Burke mark it down that guy has it.

keg in kc
05-08-2007, 10:39 PM
Judgement Day is shaping up to be a good PPV. I think I read earlier that on top of Burke/Punk, they've added Benoit/MVP in a best out of 3 falls match.

I said it yesterday, though, as long as Michael Cole is the voice, Smackdown will always be the 'B' show to me. It's as bad as the days when Coach was doing Raw. I basically fast forward through 3/4 of the show.

Mecca
05-08-2007, 10:40 PM
But JBL rules......I think at this point Cole and JR are alot closer than Lawler and JBL are...JBL just obliterates Lawler.

keg in kc
05-08-2007, 10:41 PM
I really do like JBL. He's gotten better over time, too.

Lawler needs to get away from 'puppies!' and get back to being a heel announcer.

Reaper16
05-08-2007, 10:46 PM
I like JBL, but he tends to say the same things about guys week after week. I believe he has referred to The Undertaker as someone who "wears scars like they were badges of honor" for the past 9 episodes at least.

I am in no way forking over $40 bucks for Judgment Day, even though I'd like to see Benoit/MVP and I really, really want to see CM Punk/Elijah Burke. Punk and Burke both can be stars in the WWE, imo.

Mecca
05-08-2007, 10:48 PM
Well I doubt any of the PPVs will really suck now that none of them are split up.......

So I guess that means we get Edge/Batista...

Also atleast JBL attempts to get the wrestlers over with what he says, Lawler just says inane stupid shit and gets on my nerves.

keg in kc
05-08-2007, 10:52 PM
Well I doubt any of the PPVs will really suck now that none of them are split up.......The problem I anticipate is how they'll work title runs now. There's 9 billion titles right now, and if they get to the point where they're defending them all on every PPV, you'll never have sustained feuds or champions and you'll have no time to build anyone in the undercard.

The thing about Judgement Day is that I still can't imagine how they're going to get a good 15-minute match out of Cena and Khali. F*cking Michaels couldn't get a good 15 minutes out of that guy.

I think the funniest part of Raw last night was the love tap with the title belt. I literally rofl'd. I think that was the worst belt shot I've ever seen.

keg in kc
05-08-2007, 10:55 PM
Come to think of it, maybe it's time to unify a few belts. Unify the tag titles, maybe have a unified heavyweight champion for a few weeks, just to mix things up.

Although I doubt they'll do that.

And god I hate Greasy Mark Henry.

Mecca
05-08-2007, 10:57 PM
The problem I anticipate is how they'll work title runs now. There's 9 billion titles right now, and if they get to the point where they're defending them all on every PPV, you'll never have sustained feuds or champions and you'll have no time to build anyone in the undercard.

The thing about Judgement Day is that I still can't imagine how they're going to get a good 15-minute match out of Cena and Khali. F*cking Michaels couldn't get a good 15 minutes out of that guy.

I think the funniest part of Raw last night was the love tap with the title belt. I literally rofl'd. I think that was the worst belt shot I've ever seen.

Well in the guys defense if he hauled off and really got into it he might kill Cena.........there's a whole story about something that happened when he was training some years ago.........

Khali "looks" impressive I give him that, freak shows like him will always have a place in wrestling. Notice the little kid that looked like she was going to cry because it looked like he killed Shawn. If they do 15 minutes it will be him clubbing Cena and Cena bumping for him, big guys like Khali should never ever bump or sell very much it hurts their only strength.........it killed Big Show.

It's sad but Khali as an overall booked character is better than Big Show ever was due to his limitations. He can't do nearly as much in the ring and it actually has made him better booked......big guys should never be booked like Big Show was.

keg in kc
05-08-2007, 11:00 PM
I'd imagine he'll beat on Cena for 15 minutes, then, like the babyface he is, when all looks lost, Cena will pick him up and hit the FU they teased last week and then put him in the STFU.

Khali needs a manager in the worst way. And I don't mean Daivari. Like Estrada for Jamal. I mean Umaga.

Mecca
05-08-2007, 11:06 PM
Managers are really a thing of the past it seems, they'd rather have women out there.........Estrada has been scaled back huge because his stuff was getting him over as a face the crowd was singing along with him.

keg in kc
05-08-2007, 11:07 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure what's up with that.

Of course, the crowds seem to be dumbed down. They cheer for the heels and boo the faces, lmao.

And then there's Cena. I don't know that I ever remember a guy that can be booed and cheered simultaneously like he is. I've read a ton of live reports from house shows where the guy will say he got the best pop and the most heat. It's funny to watch during matches.

Mecca
05-08-2007, 11:12 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure what's up with that.

Of course, the crowds seem to be dumbed down. They cheer for the heels and boo the faces, lmao.

And then there's Cena. I don't know that I ever remember a guy that can be booed and cheered simultaneously like he is. I've read a ton of live reports from house shows where the guy will say he got the best pop and the most heat. It's funny to watch during matches.

If you seem charismatic at all and have any sort of sing along style catch phrases the crowd will go right along with them.

Cena's stuff all depends where he is, like I went to NYR when it was here back in January I think everyone in the crowd was popping for him. In mid america he's over as a face huge......now when he gets into bigger cities like Chicago and gets out toward the coast it's not so much the case.

Cena just grates on me because it's a major oversaturation. Plus he cuts these goofy as hell promo's that just make you think........is this really needed man. It's like he's trying to be the Rock and coming off as this 3rd rate kid trying to be the Rock.

Just look at that promo he cut Monday......it was beyond pitiful, Cena tries way to hard to be funny.......a 30 year old man making gay jokes and dick jokes........

Virtua Chief
05-09-2007, 01:20 AM
Ok, I haven't watched any shows recently, but...

Cena is corny, especially as the urban marine. Always has been, but he could make a good heel if he took the right approach.

I don't think Orton can work the mic very well or give a good diamond cutter, but he has the look and will get pushed accordingly.

How is the Alpha Male doing?

Michael Cole is a flamer. I wish Kevin Nash would make a one time appearance and give him a Jackknife through a flaming table proceeded by a couple minutes being choked out by Taz.

I haven't seen him wrestle that much (some in TNA, one good match where he carried Rhino in ECW) but I think Chris Daniels would fit well in WWE IMHO.

Is Nova still doing the workout guru gimmick or did he get cut?

keg in kc
05-09-2007, 01:34 AM
I don't think Orton can work the mic very well or give a good diamond cutter, but he has the look and will get pushed accordingly.Orton recently got into trouble with the company for about the 8000th time, so if he does get pushed - ever - it won't be anytime soon. At this point, he'll be lucky to be jobbing until he's 40.

As for the Monty Brown, he's basically buried in a pretty lame stable in ECW right now. Although he did beat CM Punk last night, with some help from Elija Burke.

Swanman
05-09-2007, 06:22 AM

That's why I love ROH. They, like most indies, have a bunch of smaller guys that can all flat-out go in the ring (Bryan Danielson, Roderick Strong, Delirious, Briscoe Brothers, etc.). They do have storylines (written by Gabe Sapolsky, Heyman's protege in ECW), and damn good ones at times, but the focus always is on the wrestling.

In a surprising announcement, ROH now is going to be on PPV. Every two months, they will have a 2 hour show on Indemand and Dishnetwork (not directv yet). It's a good deal for them to gain some more exposure for the company. They're in no position to compete with TNA yet obviously, but it will get interesting if their PPV's do well in the first year.

keg in kc
05-09-2007, 07:30 AM
I've really gotten into ROH in the last year or so. I'm not sure they're not the best promotion out there. Really sucks that TNA won't let them use any talent now, with the PPV announcement.

I'm really interested to see how Cabana does in WWE. I hope they let him be himself.

Although I think Matt Classic would be fun to see.

Swanman
05-09-2007, 08:34 AM
I've really gotten into ROH in the last year or so. I'm not sure they're not the best promotion out there. Really sucks that TNA won't let them use any talent now, with the PPV announcement.

I'm really interested to see how Cabana does in WWE. I hope they let him be himself.

Although I think Matt Classic would be fun to see.

As far as the in-ring product, ROH is far and away the best promotion in the US. I went to ROH's show before Wrestlemania last year and went to Wrestlemania the next night and the only matches on the WM card that were anywhere close to the ROH matches were the MITB match and the Foley/Edge match.

TNA has completely lost me as a fan at this point. They've got a ton of great young talent in guys like Aries, Sabin, Shelley, Dutt, etc. but they still focus the show on WWE cast-offs and WCW retreads. They've obviously given Joe a good push (well-deserved) but he needs a long title reign right away.

It won't happen, but I'd love to see a Second City Saints reunion with Punk and Cabana. They were perfect together with Cabana being his goofy self and Punk playing the straight man. Cabana's good because he can do many different styles. His best style is obviously the comedy stuff, but he is also great with the European style and he is great in crazy brawls, as evidenced by his blood feud with Homicide in ROH.

Baby Lee
05-09-2007, 08:43 AM
What an insightful response........let's talk about goofy shit that you like.
I think we already did that with the World Cup.
At least the gheyhomophaggs who watch Soccer are watching a real sport instead of a mash up of Days of Our Lives and Cirque du Soleil.

Cochise
05-09-2007, 08:47 AM
no kidding... nothing more homoerotic than WWF... I mean E

whtgldwldr
05-09-2007, 10:11 AM
say that to their faces...thems some big boys

Reaper16
05-09-2007, 10:22 AM
I think we already did that with the World Cup.
At least the gheyhomophaggs who watch Soccer are watching a real sport instead of a mash up of Days of Our Lives and Cirque du Soleil.
So the argument is watching sports > watching scripted television shows or dance? So any real sport is preferable to anything with characters, contrived drama, plot, etc?

vailpass
05-09-2007, 10:29 AM
So the argument is watching sports > watching scripted television shows or dance? So any real sport is preferable to anything with characters, contrived drama, plot, etc?

Exactamundo, especially where that scripted drama purports to be a sport and fools multiple inbred trailer dwellers into believing so.

Baby Lee
05-09-2007, 10:34 AM
For a mash up of a soap opera and team gymnastics, purporting to be a sporting competition, yeah.

Mecca
05-09-2007, 10:47 AM
So while you watch some shit like House how'd you like if someone walked in and said

"You know that's fake surgery right? How can you watch that shit?"

Same principle......

Mecca
05-09-2007, 10:49 AM
Exactamundo, especially where that scripted drama purports to be a sport and fools multiple inbred trailer dwellers into believing so.

I've been to both wrestling events and football games...........the "white trash hick" element isn't that much different to be honest with you.....hell it's probably slightly bigger with football, although that's pretty much glossed over for the most part.

vailpass
05-09-2007, 11:24 AM
I've been to both wrestling events and football games...........the "white trash hick" element isn't that much different to be honest with you.....hell it's probably slightly bigger with football, although that's pretty much glossed over for the most part.

You must go to different football stadiums than I do.

Reaper16
05-09-2007, 01:50 PM
So while you watch some shit like House how'd you like if someone walked in and said

"You know that's fake surgery right? How can you watch that shit?"

Same principle......
Hey now, House, M.D. is awesome. :harumph: It's not "some shit."

Reaper16
05-09-2007, 01:51 PM
I don't even think pro wrestling tries to pass itself off as "real" anymore. The WWE company itself acknowledges that it's sports entertainment all of the time.

Mecca
05-09-2007, 01:52 PM
Hey now, House, M.D. is awesome. :harumph: It's not "some shit."

LOL.......I like House as much as the next guy but if anyone really thinks that's a realistic simulation of the health care field...

Mecca
05-09-2007, 01:53 PM
You must go to different football stadiums than I do.

Just get out and look around there's a heavy white trash element in the NFL's fan base.

vailpass
05-09-2007, 01:53 PM
I don't even think pro wrestling tries to pass itself off as "real" anymore. The WWE company itself acknowledges that it's sports entertainment all of the time.

Really? Shows what I know. In that case it is just like watching any other form of TV show.

Mecca
05-09-2007, 01:55 PM
Really? Shows what I know. In that case it is just like watching any other form of TV show.

Well what do you think WWE stands for? World Wrestling Entertainment.....

"Kayfabe" as it was called is basically dead they acknowledge they play characters and it's not real.

Cochise
05-09-2007, 01:57 PM
The NFL is a sport. Soccer is a sport.

They for sure aren't glorified ballet with the dancers being big, sweaty men rolling around in an embrace while wearing spandex.

Mecca
05-09-2007, 01:59 PM

They for sure aren't glorified ballet with the dancers being big, sweaty men rolling around in an embrace while wearing spandex.

Seeing as no one thinks it's a sport who are you arguing with......yourself?

Reaper16
05-09-2007, 02:28 PM

:spock: Who is calling it a sport?

Mr. Flopnuts
05-09-2007, 02:28 PM

WWE isn't a sport. It's a "rope opera"

Reaper16
05-09-2007, 02:29 PM
WWE isn't a sport. It's a "rope opera"
Cute. I hadn't heard that one before, which is odd because it seems so obvious.

Mecca
05-09-2007, 02:30 PM
Nascar isn't really a sport either........but hey don't tell some people that.

Reaper16
05-09-2007, 02:30 PM
Tony Stewart agrees.

Mecca
05-09-2007, 02:32 PM
Wrestling is alot of things...........part TV show, part athletic exhibition and above all else it's fun and enjoyable.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-09-2007, 02:43 PM
Cute. I hadn't heard that one before, which is odd because it seems so obvious.

I heard one of the guys refer to it as that back when I was a regular watcher. I'm like a bandwagon fan to the WWE. Hulk Hogan glory days, a young Mr. Flopnuts would be glued to the TV waiting to see who the next victim of the Hulkamaniacs would be. Stopped watching around the time Ultimate Warrior beat him for the title. Didn't start again until the days of HHH, The Rock, and Stone Cold Steve Austin. Stopped when 2 of those 3 left. Now I watch it whenever I remember it's on. Which isn't very often. To me, the storylines just got old. For instance one week I watched HHH mock sex with a corpse while taunting Kane. It was at that moment that I realized it would be a while before WWE was going to truly be good again.

Mecca
05-09-2007, 02:47 PM
LOL............dude when he said "I screwed your brains out!" I lost it laughing.

Ultra Peanut
05-09-2007, 04:28 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W356F8uCYwI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W356F8uCYwI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Tony Stewart agrees.Ha. Excellent.

Also I'LL MISS YOU KENNEDY GET WELL SOON OK :(

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-09-2007, 04:37 PM
For a mash up of a soap opera and team gymnastics, purporting to be a sporting competition, yeah.

Bob Costas: What percentage of your audience believes that it's real?

Vince McMahon: I'd say about 2.5%.

For someone who watches as much scripted TV as you, it takes a lot of gall to talk out of your ignorant ass with such cocksuredness.

No one says it's real; It's theater, with highly athletic participants.

I can just imagine your ass waddling into the movie theater to go see Glory Road . "That shot wasn't real. They cut and spliced the scene so we thought that he made it."

No one's arguing that it's a real event, but it's every bit as real as the shit that you referenced in your previous avatar, American Idol.

Both are based around performance. One has broad cultural acceptance, the other doesn't, and that is the only thing that you are basing your views on, which again, makes you an ignorant ass.

Ultra Peanut
05-09-2007, 06:20 PM
WWE was thrown into disarray this week by a rash of injuries to major stars. When the smoke cleared, Edge was the new World Heavyweight Champion representing the Smackdown brand.

Things began falling apart when Undertaker went down with a torn biceps. It was a major tear, to the point where one head of the muscle rolled up his arm and you could see it through the skin. He was scheduled to undergo surgery shortly after we went to press and will be out of action at least six months. Undertaker had been told that this would be the first long-term championship run of his career, and there were no imminent plans to take the belt off of him. He had trimmed down significantly and was in the best physical shape of his career, largely in preparation for working his hardest house show schedule in years.

Taker was insistent that he drop the title in the ring as opposed to vacating it due to injury. The decision was made to book a cage match between Taker and Batista for the May 8th Smackdown tapings. Batista, however, was not scheduled to win the belt. Although he had appeared on Raw the night before to announce that he was going to use his Money in the Bank title shot at WrestleMania, the plan was actually for Mr. Kennedy to cash in after the Undertaker vs. Batista match, when both were bloody and defeated, and win the title.

And then Kennedy went down. This past weekend he suffered a severe triceps tear and will also be undergoing surgery imminently. He'll be out likely eight months. Because the decision had been made internally not to put the belt back on Batista at this point, someone was needed to take Kennedy's place. At Raw Monday night they shot an angle where Edge claimed that when he won the Money in the Bank briefcase he was man enough to defend it like a title. Kennedy agreed to do the same in a match with Edge that night. Edge attacked him before the bell, beat him down, threw him into the steps and hit him with the monitor, then tossed him into the ring. The referee told Kennedy he didn't have to go through with the bout, but Kennedy valiantly demanded they ring the bell. As soon as the match started Edge speared him for the pin.

The storyline was designed to put Kennedy in the role that Steve Austin (Kennedy's favorite wrestler) had in the famous Bret Hart match at the 1997 WrestleMania. There are a few differences, mostly notably that Bret was supposedly a babyface at the time (though everyone hated him) and Edge is a heel, and the fact that Steve Austin was way more popular at the time than Kennedy is today. Still, it was the same general idea, and while this turn will not be remembered like that iconic shot of Austin, covered in blood and screaming as he attempted to fight his way out of the sharpshooter, it was very well done and was the perfect babyface turn. Kennedy put his shot up like a man, he got jumped from behind in a cowardly manner, he refused to quit and demanded a fight, and he got ****ed. The hope is that he'll return a monster babyface, but there are definitely those in the company who aren't positive it'll work out that way because a person can lose a lot of momentum in eight months. Of course, as was the case when HHH came back from his first quad tear, they can also gain a lot of momentum. The positive is that this storyline perfectly sets up an Edge vs. Kennedy feud for the title when Kennedy returns.

Edge cashed the briefcase in following what was said to be another very good match between Taker and Batista. After a hard battle, both climbed out of the cage and hit the ground at the same time. It was ruled a draw, but before the fans had a chance to riot Mark Henry hit the ring and attacked Undertaker. Taker fought back, but then Edge ran down, cashed in, stomped a mudhole in him, and speared him as Undertaker was doing the zombie sit-up for the pin. WWE.com had the results up within minutes in an attempt to scoop the other news sites (I should note that we had predicted this exact scenario the night before), and even went as far as to announce the title change at the beginning of that evening's live ECW show.

Edge was chosen because of the feeling that there is no one else on the heel side that can draw at this point (Orton is out of the question for all the reasons written about each week, plus he'll be fed to Hunter upon Hunter's return), and Vince McMahon doesn't want any other babyface champions at the moment outside of Cena.Agagaggaggggggggggggh, so close.

I realllly hope this works out best for Kennedy in the long run.

Mecca
05-09-2007, 06:27 PM
If he gets hurt again he's gonna be screwed, that's 2 major injuries, a 3rd and they're gonna consider him injury prone.

In the end it could work out because Kennedy already has a money fued when he comes back and is setup to be a face.

Reaper16
05-09-2007, 07:23 PM
http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/kennedyupdate2

Kennedy didn't tear the tricep off the bone after all! He's only out for 2 months instead of 6!!! This is awesome news; now we'll see the Kennedy/Edge fued and Kennedy won't lose nearly as much support as he would have being out for 6 months.

I'm so happy right now.

Reaper16
05-09-2007, 10:41 PM
Bump for good tidings.

BTW, it probably won't be shown on TV, but people that attended the Smackdown taping on Tuesday said that after Edge left the ring, druids came out and took 'Taker back with them. Lol.

Mecca
05-09-2007, 11:18 PM
Edge/Kennedy would be best suited to be held till Summerslam that way Edge has several months as established champ.

Reaper16
05-09-2007, 11:40 PM
Edge/Kennedy would be best suited to be held till Summerslam that way Edge has several months as established champ.
I agree.

Demonpenz
05-09-2007, 11:44 PM
so you watch it because it is like a soap opera but yet you want the story lines to go a certain way. Oh well i guess if it entertains you.

Virtua Chief
05-10-2007, 12:47 AM

If Kennedy requires eight months rehab, he won't be back until Royal Rumble.

keg in kc
05-10-2007, 12:49 AM
Kennedy only requires six- to eight-weeks of rehab, and no surgery. His tear was not complete.

Ultra Peanut
05-10-2007, 04:51 AM
God, I hope the forthcoming Edge-Kennedy fued is as good as it looks like it will be.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb55/mystopp/kenneday.gif

Two months should be just enough time to let Edge brush aside Batista or whatever, and then it's ****in' GO TIME.

Oh, and I hope Eugene finds his pills.

Saggysack
05-10-2007, 05:12 AM

Wrong. The simple fact that it is physical activity accompanied with being competitive, makes it a sport. I know some people think it isn't hard driving a race car. But I'll tell you this. Most successful race car drivers you will find are finely tuned athletes, yes that is right, athletes. The shear amount of stamina and strength it takes to get behind the wheel for 500 miles in 130-140 degree heat, while constantly using every part of your body to get that car into a corner at 160mph without ending up at a deadstop at the top of the corner, all the while trying to come first across the finish line is quite the physical accomplishment. A race car driver can lose over 15-20lbs of weight in a 500 mile race. Name me one other sport that can cause that in 4hrs. Anyway...

Quite a bit different level than a C rate scripted theatrical performance.

jlscorpio
05-10-2007, 05:56 AM
Anybody else see similarities to the angle where Sting was booked to take the NWA title from Flair for his 1st title run, but broke his leg, and was out for like 6 months. They ended up giving the belt to the ever-awful Luger when Flair bolted to the WWF.
Sting didn't really get his momentum back until his fued with Vader (one of my fave fueds ever) over the WCW belt a couple years later. Just an observation.

jlscorpio
05-10-2007, 06:18 AM
BTW, my sig line is a quote by Jeff Jarrett in regards to people who attempt to label pro wrestling. It's not a soap opera, its not a real sport, and, if it's done RIGHT, its not sports entertainment. It's kind of it's own category, that can't be labeled as anything but professional wrestling.

Mecca
05-10-2007, 07:17 AM
Wrong. The simple fact that it is physical activity accompanied with being competitive, makes it a sport. I know some people think it isn't hard driving a race car. But I'll tell you this. Most successful race car drivers you will find are finely tuned athletes, yes that is right, athletes. The shear amount of stamina and strength it takes to get behind the wheel for 500 miles in 130-140 degree heat, while constantly using every part of your body to get that car into a corner at 160mph without ending up at a deadstop at the top of the corner, all the while trying to come first across the finish line is quite the physical accomplishment. A race car driver can lose over 15-20lbs of weight in a 500 mile race. Name me one other sport that can cause that in 4hrs. Anyway...

Just out of curiosity..........if a Nascar driver has athletic talent then so does a wrestler, I think some people say shit without ever seeing what guys do in the ring.

jlscorpio
05-10-2007, 07:27 AM
Slightly off-topic: has anyone else seen the DVD on the Von Erich's and the rise/demise of World Class Wrestling? All I can say is GREAT, GREAT, GREAT wrestling documentary. For those of you too young to recall the territory days, it gives an awesome perspective of what it was like to be a completely on-fire promotion back in the glory days. Also does a good job of showing how David Von Erich would have been one of the all-time greats had he not died so young. I always thought he would have been a more skilled version of the Funker.

Mecca
05-10-2007, 01:37 PM
<div><object width="425" height="335"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/7xawGV3sVuIOadFuf"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/7xawGV3sVuIOadFuf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="335" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1xtov_11052007edge-vs-undertakersmackdown">11-05-2007-edge vs undertaker-smackdown</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/ttboy94">ttboy94</a></i></div>

Saggysack
05-10-2007, 02:51 PM
Just out of curiosity..........if a Nascar driver has athletic talent then so does a wrestler, I think some people say shit without ever seeing what guys do in the ring.

Never said a wrestler doesn't have athletic talent. It's quite obvious they do.

Although, I find it hard to call wrestling a sport for the scripted performances. It's that whole unscripted competing thing that kinda make other things a sport.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-10-2007, 04:10 PM

If NASCAR is a sport, so is World of Warcraft.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-10-2007, 04:15 PM
Post 153 is so f*cking awesome, but DAMN that crowd seemed DEAD.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-10-2007, 04:18 PM

Re: Athletic Ability in Wrestling:

Lawrence Taylor, widely considered among the greatest athletes of all time, headlined WM XI against Bam Bam Bigelow. The match went a little bit over 10 minutes. After the match was over, Taylor was so exhausted that he could barely raise his arm above his head in victory. Bigelow, who outweighed LT considerably, was hardly winded.

If someone thinks that Professional Wrestlers aren't athletes, they are completely out of their mind.

Of course, we know that just because one is an athlete it doesn't mean that they are competing in a sport. That's where a large deal of the confusion comes from.

Swanman
05-10-2007, 04:42 PM
Re: Athletic Ability in Wrestling:

Lawrence Taylor, widely considered among the greatest athletes of all time, headlined WM XI against Bam Bam Bigelow. The match went a little bit over 10 minutes. After the match was over, Taylor was so exhausted that he could barely raise his arm above his head in victory. Bigelow, who outweighed LT considerably, was hardly winded.

If someone thinks that Professional Wrestlers aren't athletes, they are completely out of their mind.

Of course, we know that just because one is an athlete it doesn't mean that they are competing in a sport. That's where a large deal of the confusion comes from.

Rodman couldn't get out of bed the day after his match in WCW where he took a grand total of one bump in the entire match. It takes a whole different kind of athlete to punish their bodies so much and keep going.

Mecca
05-10-2007, 04:47 PM
Post 153 is so f*cking awesome, but DAMN that crowd seemed DEAD.

I think his sound on his camera just sucks, Henry is doing those splashes and you can't hear the ring. So I guess he's just getting himself and the people right around him.

unothadeal
05-10-2007, 06:14 PM
Edge's music is so gay.

Ebolapox
05-10-2007, 08:52 PM
Name me one other sport that can cause that in 4hrs. Anyway..

pro football players in the heat of the afternoon in two-a-days

yeah, them drivers are athletes :spock:

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-10-2007, 09:25 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PhlXFY8vXDI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PhlXFY8vXDI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Saggysack
05-10-2007, 11:27 PM
If NASCAR is a sport, so is World of Warcraft.

I don't think I have ever seen such a dumber statement concerning Nascar than what you have posted. It's clearly obvious you are biased and can't be impartial. In otherwords, your opinion on the subject has about much merit as a 3yr old.

Are entertainment wrestlers athletes? Yes.

Are Nascar drivers athletes? Yes.

Does one run on scripted performance where the outcomes are known to the participants? Yes. Does the other have a set rules governing competition accompanied with the physical activity of driving a race car, without being scripted? Yes. Which would you consider a sport based on those observations?

Saggysack
05-10-2007, 11:36 PM
pro football players in the heat of the afternoon in two-a-days

yeah, them drivers are athletes :spock:

15-20lbs with extended water breaks and breakfast/lunch/dinner breaks? ROFL So when is it exactly they are losing this mass amount of weight in a 4hr time span? When they are standing in line taking turns at the sleds, or when shuffling off the field between 2nd and 3rd string. Maybe it's when they are BS'ing on the sidelines.

Again, I'll ask. Name me one sport that has the physical demands of driving a race for 4 straight hrs. This is such a easy one, you should be able to get it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-10-2007, 11:41 PM
I don't think I have ever seen such a dumber statement concerning Nascar than what you have posted. It's clearly obvious you are biased and can't be impartial. In otherwords, your opinion on the subject has about much merit as a 3yr old.

Are entertainment wrestlers athletes? Yes.

Are Nascar drivers athletes? Yes.

Does one run on scripted performance where the outcomes are known to the participants? Yes. Does the other have a set rules governing competition accompanied with the physical activity of driving a race car, without being scripted? Yes. Which would you consider a sport based on those observations?

NASCAR is based entirely upon quick reactions and maintaining and mastering a machine while competing against others who are also using machines.

What is the difference between that and a video game??

Moreover, if they are so dissimilar, then why do nearly all NASCAR drivers use video games to simulate tracks and track conditions.

Lest I remind you of an entire Outside the Lines devoted to said topic.

Furthermore, I suggest that you learn to read and or comprehend, as I never said Pro Wrestling was a sport; it's an athletic competition. Additionally, NASCAR is also not a sport, it's an activity based upon the aforementioned reaction times, just like video games.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-10-2007, 11:59 PM
Some additional things to ponder:

Something can be an activity and require skill, and still not be a sport.

Here's a comparison:

I can have a completely custom built set of Titleist, Ping, or Callaway clubs and play against Tiger Woods who would use 100 year old Hickory Shafted clubs, and he'd kick my ass, and I'm a pretty good golfer.

I could take BP with an aluminum bat and Albert Pujols could use a stickball bat, and he'd still make better contact than me.

I could play basketball in full gear against Kobe Bryant wearing an eyepatch, barefooted, and he'd destroy me.

But, I could take a Lambo and destroy Richard Petty on his best day if he was driving an Escort.

Now, does that mean that you don't have to have skill to drive a stock car? No, it requires a lot of skill...but so does playing Halo competitively, and no one considers that a sport.

NASCAR is entirely dependent upon the technology of the car, and the skill involved, although a very specific trait, doesn't require any athletic exertion.

If you put someone in a 130 degree box and had them play video games for 4 hours, they'd be just as exhausted and it would test all of the same skill sets.

Ultra Peanut
05-11-2007, 12:03 AM
Attention, everyone:

SHUT UP!

Ebolapox
05-11-2007, 12:11 AM
15-20lbs with extended water breaks and breakfast/lunch/dinner breaks? ROFL So when is it exactly they are losing this mass amount of weight in a 4hr time span? When they are standing in line taking turns at the sleds, or when shuffling off the field between 2nd and 3rd string. Maybe it's when they are BS'ing on the sidelines.

Again, I'll ask. Name me one sport that has the physical demands of driving a race for 4 straight hrs. This is such a easy one, you should be able to get it.

are you kidding me? you ever been THROUGH a summer football workout?? offensive and defensive linemen routinely lose 20 lbs a day--as a matter of fact, that (and ephedra) are how corey stringer died (as well as, about once a year, when a high school football player dies)

Saggysack
05-11-2007, 01:17 AM
are you kidding me? you ever been THROUGH a summer football workout?? offensive and defensive linemen routinely lose 20 lbs a day--as a matter of fact, that (and ephedra) are how corey stringer died (as well as, about once a year, when a high school football player dies)

I've seen plenty to know the difference. And no they don't.

Last 2 a days I saw, most players were standing around watching others. Must be hard to lose 20lbs standing around for the majority of the time. A coaching staff and medical staff would be extremely concerned about a player who loses 20lbs in a day from morning weigh in. First question to the player would be about hydration.

You can get the answer to this question right. Using football isn't going to cut it. Try again.

Saggysack
05-11-2007, 01:27 AM
NASCAR is entirely dependent upon the technology of the car, and the skill involved, although a very specific trait, doesn't require any athletic exertion.

Never been behind the wheel of a race car I see. Are you sure it doesn't demand physical exertion. I'll tell you what, take your Toyota Corolla to the biggest open parking lot you can find. Map out a similar route a stock car would take. Drive as fast as you can for 4hrs. I doubt you make it past 20mins without passing out from exhaustion. I bet you wouldn't be able to lift your arms after 15.

I tell you what, I'll give you guys a clue. Think marathon.

edit:

I want to add that your statement that it doesn't take exertion is way off base, and frankly quite naive.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/10/03/NASCAR/index.html

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-11-2007, 02:38 AM
Never been behind the wheel of a race car I see. Are you sure it doesn't demand physical exertion. I'll tell you what, take your Toyota Corolla to the biggest open parking lot you can find. Map out a similar route a stock car would take. Drive as fast as you can for 4hrs. I doubt you make it past 20mins without passing out from exhaustion. I bet you wouldn't be able to lift your arms after 15.

I tell you what, I'll give you guys a clue. Think marathon.

ROFL ROFL. A marathon ROFL ROFL.

I didn't say physical, I said athletic. There is nothing athletic about sitting in a 130 degree box for four hours. You'd be just as exhausted if you were playing video games in the same environment with the threat of physical reprimand if you f*cked up. It may be tiring, but it's not athletic.

Hell, open heart surgery is tiring and incredibly stressful, but that doesn't mean you have to be an athlete to do it.

You can't seem to mentally process the difference between the two when it's quite obvious to anyone with any degree of intuitive thinking.

If it's that damned difficult and physically strenuous, then why can a 100 pound woman do it??

Show many any other "sport" where a woman with that kind of build can physically compete with men

Saggysack
05-11-2007, 02:48 AM
ROFL ROFL. A marathon ROFL ROFL.

I didn't say physical, I said athletic. There is nothing athletic about sitting in a 130 degree box for four hours. You'd be just as exhausted if you were playing video games in the same environment with the threat of physical reprimand if you f*cked up. It may be tiring, but it's not athletic.

Hell, open heart surgery is tiring and incredibly stressful, but that doesn't mean you have to be an athlete to do it.

You can't seem to mentally process the difference between the two when it's quite obvious to anyone with any degree of intuitive thinking.

If it's that damned difficult and physically strenuous, then why can a 100 pound woman do it??

Show many any other "sport" where a woman with that kind of build can physically compete with men

check the edit

Go ahead and sit on your couch and eat potato chips while drinking a soda pop thinking they aren't athletes.

And FWIW, driving is about feel more than anything. The cars are so close in competition that hundreths of a second seperate them. You can put the worst driver in the best car and he still won't win.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-11-2007, 02:58 AM
check the edit

Go ahead and sit on your couch and eat potato chips while drinking a soda pop thinking they aren't athletes.

And FWIW, driving is about feel more than anything. The cars are so close in competition that hundreths of a second seperate them. You can put the worst driver in the best car and he still won't win.

Video Games are all about feel also. Try and run off a string of 20 straight kills playing Rainbow Six: Vegas against solid competition online. It doesn't make the gamers athletes.

Saggysack
05-11-2007, 03:11 AM
Video Games are all about feel also. Try and run off a string of 20 straight kills playing Rainbow Six: Vegas against solid competition online. It doesn't make the gamers athletes.

Yes, because we know everyone who plays online games plays in 130 degrees, pulling g-forces and such. I play FPS's online, and at this point 20 kills in a row isn't hard. Would you like to join me sometime? I'm always up for more people on my favorite victims list. You seem like a prime candidate. I've run more people off servers than I can count. I hope you could be the next.

You really equate playing video games with driving a race car? I'm going to be as polite as possible. How dumb can you be?

Earlier I thought you said it was the car and it's technology. Such a uninformed opinion.

Like I said earlier, hop in your Corolla and give it a spin for 4hrs.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-11-2007, 03:23 AM
Yes, because we know everyone who plays online games plays in 130 degrees, pulling g-forces and such. I play FPS's online, and at this point 20 kills in a row isn't hard. Would you like to join me sometime? I'm always up for more people on my favorite victims list. You seem like a prime candidate. I've run more people off servers than I can count. I hope you could be the next.

You really equate playing video games with driving a race car? I'm going to be as polite as possible. How dumb can you be?

Earlier I thought you said it was the car and it's technology. Such a uninformed opinion.

Like I said earlier, hop in your Corolla and give it a spin for 4hrs.

Drag your ass into a sauna and play Halo 2 for four hours, and you'll feel the same way--exhausted and dehydrated.

I see that you also completely avoided the Danica Patrick argument, as well as my conention about surgery.

Go lay in the desert for four hours, and you might feel even worse..it doesn't mean that you're an athlete.

There is a plethora of strenuous activities, but said activities do not require athleticism in order to partake in them.

Congratulations on your FPS accomplishments...you must be very proud of yourself to brag to such extremes....LMAO...no really, you must be....ROFL.

Ultra Peanut
05-11-2007, 03:30 AM
uh huh

Saggysack
05-11-2007, 03:35 AM
Drag your ass into a sauna and play Halo 2 for four hours, and you'll feel the same way--exhausted and dehydrated.

I see that you also completely avoided the Danica Patrick argument, as well as my conention about surgery.

Go lay in the desert for four hours, and you might feel even worse..it doesn't mean that you're an athlete.

There is a plethora of strenuous activities, but said activities do not require athleticism in order to partake in them.

Congratulations on your FPS accomplishments...you must be very proud of yourself to brag to such extremes....LMAO...no really, you must be....ROFL.

Danica Patrick? LoL. She is a never was. They have told her to win a race or else. What is this, her 2nd ride in 3yrs? Use a different example that has actually acommplished something.

I can see you aren't up for a friendly game. Why?

Ultra Peanut
05-11-2007, 03:45 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OJ520jGU2Ss"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OJ520jGU2Ss" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Saggysack
05-11-2007, 03:50 AM

I guess you don't know Danica Patrick was voted the sexiest female ..... wait for it...

Athlete.

edit: FWIW...
Driving at extreme speeds within inches of other cars or the track wall requires lightning fast reflexes for drivers. Those quick reflexes may mean the difference between narrowly avoiding a crash or totaling the car. One study of "anticipatory timing" showed racecar drivers had the same ability to anticipate what was going to happen as a hockey goalie or a football quarterback.

NASCAR drivers also need to concentrate -- with few breaks -- as they maneuver in traffic at 180 miles per hour or more. Imagine hitting the fast forward button the next time you're on the highway. Unlike in football, where there are breaks between plays, or basketball, where there are timeouts, in NASCAR drivers cannot stop a race or get out of their cars

Heart rates in fit drivers are similar to what you would see in an Olympic long-distance swimmer or someone who played professional basketball, according to researcher Dr. Steve Olvey of the FIA Institute for Motorsports Medicine. One study by the University of Miami found race car drivers on an oval track sustained heart rates of 120 to 150 beats per minute, about the same level as a marathon runner and for about the same length of time.

Nah, those pesky race car drivers aren't athletes.

Ultra Peanut
05-11-2007, 03:57 AM
April 15, 2007 - TNA X-Division title match, Lockdown

Part 1
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VALs9ePkinE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VALs9ePkinE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Part 2
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pT-PqNR3LE4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pT-PqNR3LE4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Shelley looks weird with short hair. The Motor City Machine Guns are so ****ing awesome together, though.

Swanman
05-11-2007, 06:12 AM
Shelley looks weird with short hair. The Motor City Machine Guns are so ****ing awesome together, though.

After seeing MCMG go against the Briscoes in ROH a few weeks ago, I'll wholeheartedly agree with that. The two teams put together possibly the best tag team match I've ever seen.

Ultra Peanut
05-11-2007, 08:02 AM
Wrestling is a sport. If you disagree, just watch this:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/unQO2cRovas"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/unQO2cRovas" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

keg in kc
05-11-2007, 09:03 AM
I thought they were the Murder City Machine Guns?

keg in kc
05-11-2007, 09:13 AM
ROFL

Alex Shelley's goodbye note to ROH and PWG:Sayanora ROH! Bye bye PWG! (http://alexshelley.livejournal.com/23304.html)
I don't know if anyone reads this tripe anymore, really. I can't say I blame them. What once was a promising collection of memories/stories/accounts from all over the world, has since turned into a barely updated, dare I say dated, "blog".

Ah well, **** it, right?

However, I did wanna say something about two now former homes of mine. Those being Pro Wrestling Guerrilla in LA and Ring of Honor, residing in Philly. Due to unforseen circumstances, I won't be appearing for either anytime in the near future. However, as we all know, never say never in the wrestling business. I'm hopeful that one day I'll be able to appear again for both. But hey, everything happens for a reason!

I think it's best that instead of rambling on and on, I address my departures in the vein of an open letter to each company. Let's give it a shot!

Dear Ring of Honor,

It's been a long time, huh? In fact, sometime in late June would've been our 4 year anniversary. Can you believe I first went through your curtains when I was just 20? Bloody hell, I'm getting old. Scratch that, I'm gaining life experience and growing. You're doing the same too though!

Before I get too sentimental, I just wanted to say thanks for the early birthday present you gave me a couple weeks ago in Chicago. You know, that match with them Briscoe boys where I got to team with Sabin. What a trip. Maybe the best match I've had ever! And so much fun. Wrestling in matches like those are what makes every sacrafice worth it. The fans were awesome, it was great to see everyone again in the locker room, and I really think we did something special. And without you ROH, it wouldn't have been possible.

Sure, we've had our ups and downs. I had to take off for awhile because my shoulder was pretty knackered, and in the mean time, you had to take some time to yourself and test the waters, see if there's other people out there for you to turn into stars the same way you helped me! I'm glad we got that closure though.

Now you've gone and got on PPV. Congratulations, you've really come a long way. Doesn't it seem like just yesterday those whacky Special K kids were wrestling the Backseat Boyz? It wasn't too long ago that Tony Mamaluke and John Walters teamed together as The Purists, was it? And now Steve Corino's retiring! Unreal.

Anyhow, I just wanted to say thanks as this may be the last we see each other for awhile. Thanks for the great matches, the opportunities, the chance to travel, and generally helping me advance my career. On a less important note, tell Cary thanks for buying me sushi. Oh, and thanks for never cutting me with your gaurd rails. That's sweet of you.

Until we meet again, ROH! <3. -Alex

PS: Tell all those fans I wouldn't sign autographs for that it wasn't really my fault. Nana's money does strange things to people.

(Phew. That one was hard. One down, two to go.)

Heya PWG,

I know this is going to come as somewhat of a surprise to you, because we had a date on the 19th and 20th of this month. Well, granted, it was a double date, since you were nice enough to invite the Murder City Machine Guns/The Milennials/Panic in Detroit/The Echo Boomers into your house. Actually, come to think, it was more of a party with all the people there.

But yeah, we won't be able to make it. If I know you, you're crying right now. Or maybe you're crying and jacking wearing nothing but black socks onna hardwood floor. While sitting Indian style. Oh wait, that's Sonjay Dutt, actually.

Seriously though, thanks for everything. In February, it was our two year anniversary. And what a fun two years. Nothing super serious, just hanging out whenever.

I gotta give you credit, you've really had some killer shows since I started for you. And you know what? If it weren't for PWG, I don't know if the MCMGs would've had a home in the states. You guys believed in us, and that's awesome. Thanks to you guys, we've gotten a ton better as a tag team.

Thanks for the Easter gift too. Actually, I don't even know if you guys believe in Jebus. But you hooked it up so I wrestled Kaz Hayashi. Man, did I learn a lot from him. Since I saw him debut on Nitro in early 98, dude's been one of my favorites. What's better is how much he appreciated me as an opponent after we locked horns! Dream come true. Scratch that. Wet dream come true. You pick up what I'm laying down, PWG. I know you do.

So once again, thanks for everything. And by the way, tell your fans they're one of my favorite crowds to perform in front of. They were always super appreciative, and having that kind of crowd support sure helps ones confidence, which in turn helps one grow as a wrestler during matches!

Call me sometime if you just wanna talk! xoxoxoxoxo -Alex

(If I could, I'd send both promotions flowers for having fans that aren't nearly as annoying as the Orlando TNA fans who think the Border City Stretch is a Crippler Crossface and that the Skull**** is "gay". Tards.)

Well, that was tough. Onto bigger and brighter things. Like the new Muder City Machine Guns t-shirt that will be out soon, under the Since 83 banner! Takeeeee a look:

Hopefully, this one sells as well as the previous ones have, eh?

On that note, Imma go play DragonBall Z on Wii. There's never a bad time to throw fireballs. Ciao! -Alex

unothadeal
05-11-2007, 07:53 PM
WWE being gay again. Anybody who saw the main event at Smackdown could easily see they started the Batista replay before Undertaker's. Anybody else notice that?

Mecca
05-11-2007, 08:03 PM
Well seeing as Taker is legit injured and they in no way want to put the belt on Batista again.......what do you expect? It's an easy out to avoid Batista doing a job when the other guy is going to job 5 minutes later....

unothadeal
05-11-2007, 08:04 PM
No Undertaker won fair and square. You can even see Batista is still holding onto the cage in Taker's frame.

Mecca
05-11-2007, 08:09 PM
Does it really matter...........this way they avoid Batista doing this job, seeing as Taker is losing right after it really serves no purpose for Batista to job to a guy that won't be back for 7 months......

Now they can use Batista's job to Edge and it comes off much better all around.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-11-2007, 08:10 PM
I guess you don't know Danica Patrick was voted the sexiest female ..... wait for it...

Someone could also call that Paul Weber guy who chops his crotch after each strike he gets while bowling an "athlete"...but they'd be full of shit too.

Once again, you assume that reflexes denote athletic ability...they don't. If they did, world-class gamers would be considered athletes, because video games test quick reflexes just the same as driving a car does. If there wasn't a correlation, then why do your NASCAR drivers use VGs to simulate the tracks on which they race??

Are Fighter Pilots athletes??

The greatest whack-a-mole player in the world would have better reflexes than any of those people....is he then, an athlete??

You also assume that the movements that the driver makes in response to stimuli are athletic movements....they aren't. If I can play "Operation" in a 130 degree box and not make any errors, does that mean that I'm an athlete, or do I just have good hand-eye coordination??

If you are honestly conflating running a marathon with driving a car, you are insane. Your heart rate can peak due to mental, physical, or emotional stress. Driving a car with the risk of death falls into the first category, it is in no way as strenuous as running a marathon.

The timeout correlary is preposterous. One reason why football, basketball, and hockey players need timeouts and can't play the entire game is precisely due to the physical strain involved with playing their associated games. If it was a mere lack of athleticism, then one of your NASCAR drivers would step in and play all 60 minutes of a hockey game when even the best conditioned athletes can't go more than 32.

Ultra Peanut
05-11-2007, 08:44 PM
SHUT UP

ALSO THIS

Samoa Joe vs. Low-Ki - October 5, 2002 (http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/low-ki/video/xgo5p_roh-lowki-vs-samoa-joe)
Low-Ki vs. KENTA - December 17, 2005 (http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/low-ki%2BKENTA/video/xkj07_roh-low-ki-vs-kenta)
Tajiri vs. Psicosis vs. Little Guido vs. Mikey Whipwreck - July 16, 2000 (http://www.dailymotion.com/visited/search/Tajiri/video/x13u17_ecw-4-way-dance)

keg in kc
05-11-2007, 08:53 PM
Joe's MoY with Kenta's pretty brutal too.

That blonde look reminds me of the time Joe was on Heat. Talk about looking out of place, rofl.

Ultra Peanut
05-11-2007, 09:05 PM
That blonde look reminds me of the time Joe was on Heat. Talk about looking out of place, rofl.****in' Essa Rios (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1bwj6_20010303-essa-rios-vs-samoa-joe) (XFL :(; Eddie :()

TAKA vs. Christopher Daniels (http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/%2Bchristopher%2Bdaniels/video/xhod4_wwf-christopher-daniels-vs-taka) (SHOTGUN SATURDAY NIGHT)

AmDrag vs. Regal (http://youtube.com/watch?v=NN6mc950Z2c) (MID-SOUTH COLISEUM)

The internet is such a godsend for... well, everybody, but wrestling fans definitely fall into that group.

keg in kc
05-11-2007, 09:08 PM
I think I remember a tag team WWF match with Daniels, too, but that may just be indigestion.

I hate, hate, hate his new look in TNA. I'm fine with a heel turn, but damn he looks goofy.

keg in kc
05-11-2007, 09:10 PM
rofl, I didn't know about that Danielson match.

Ultra Peanut
05-11-2007, 09:16 PM
I'll leave you with the greatest match in the history of professional wrestling (http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/finlay%2Bbastard/video/x18zoy_nwo-07-boogeymen-vs-finlay-bastard).

"I wonder if they have a litter box under the ring for him." LMAO

I think I remember a tag team WWF match with Daniels, too, but that may just be indigestion.

I hate, hate, hate his new look in TNA. I'm fine with a heel turn, but damn he looks goofy."LOOK AT ME I'M STING!"
"Uh... why?"
"SHIT GOTTA GO!"

keg in kc
05-11-2007, 09:17 PM
lmao, Regal does the job to Danielson.

Too bad we didn't get to see the Molly & Crash Holly match!

There probably wouldn't be an ROH without the 'net.

Ultra Peanut
05-12-2007, 01:55 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PhlXFY8vXDI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PhlXFY8vXDI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>God, good times:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gFX7_4uTqhI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gFX7_4uTqhI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

keg in kc
05-12-2007, 04:35 AM
Nobody thought Rocky Maivia would be The Rock when he popped on the scene, and if you ever thought The Ringmaster would become Stone Cold Steve Austin, you're an f'n genious.

Wonder who's next.

jlscorpio
05-12-2007, 04:39 AM
I bet its not Eugene...

jlscorpio
05-12-2007, 04:41 AM
Austin was always destined for greatness, you could tell even as a rookie in World Class. He just had to get out from under Bischoff and WCW inept booking. His promo's from ECW are f'ing classic.

keg in kc
05-12-2007, 04:47 AM
I bet its not Eugene...Maybe when he finds his pills.

Reaper16
05-12-2007, 06:37 AM
"Jericho is excellence!" ROFL Oh, how I miss that man.

keg in kc
05-12-2007, 10:34 AM
Really good (long) interview with Joey Mercury:

http://www.f4wonline.com/free/051107dks.mp3

He's definitely not who I thought he was.

Swanman
05-12-2007, 10:46 AM
I bet its not Eugene...

The sad thing is that Nick Dinsmore is a hell of a wrestler. He was the top guy in OVW for quite a while before being brought up and saddled with the awful retard gimmick.

Mecca
05-12-2007, 11:29 AM
The sad thing is that Nick Dinsmore is a hell of a wrestler. He was the top guy in OVW for quite a while before being brought up and saddled with the awful retard gimmick.

That gimmick was his idea so......

Joe_Camel
05-12-2007, 12:09 PM
Have you ever been to this site
www.wrestlinggonewrong.com
lots of good clips and backstories

Ultra Peanut
05-13-2007, 04:06 AM
"Jericho is excellence!" ROFL Oh, how I miss that man.WHO'S NEXT?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4W3_VdlXmQ0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4W3_VdlXmQ0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Ultra Peanut
05-13-2007, 06:14 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lv9ev8U-o10"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lv9ev8U-o10" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

keg in kc
05-15-2007, 11:17 PM
Sayonara Sabu:

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/sabureleased

I predict TNA in roughly 3 weeks.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-15-2007, 11:36 PM
Sabu is a f*cking botch machine. That guy blew nearly every single spot in his SS match w/ The Big Show. It was pathetic.

Good riddance.

Of course, this is writing on the wall for RVD as well :(

keg in kc
05-15-2007, 11:37 PM
It's been out for a while that RVD didn't sign a new contract. Difference is, it's his choice to leave, WWE wanted to keep him.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-15-2007, 11:39 PM
What happened?

Sabu showed up at the Smackdown/ECW taping tonight several hours late and without his ring gear. He was then told to go home and immediately released. Sabu was originally scheduled to face Kevin Thorn on ECW On Sci-Fi tonight and plans had to be changed after he was sent home.

The latest word is that after finding out that he was scheduled to lose to Thorn, he claimed he had a neck injury. Some believe that Sabu showed up to the taping late on purpose, knowing he would be sent home, because he has not been happy with how he is being used. This is apparently not the first time he has shown up late and/or without his gear recently.

Credit: PWInsider.com

keg in kc
05-15-2007, 11:39 PM
That sounds very Sabu.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-15-2007, 11:41 PM
It's been out for a while that RVD didn't sign a new contract. Difference is, it's his choice to leave, WWE wanted to keep him.

It's been out for a while that he was going to take some time off, and he didn't sign a new contract b/c he wanted a long "vacation" at the start of the new one, and the E thought that would set a bad example with future negotiations. With this, it makes you wonder if he'll take some time off, or after he's done, if he'll just go to TNA.

keg in kc
05-15-2007, 11:43 PM
I know some folks who think RVD will still come back. Personally, I don't much care either way, but he is pretty much the only popular guy in ECW right now, since they killed Punk.

Mecca
05-16-2007, 12:05 AM
Considering everything else the WWE offered in that deal RVD turning it down because "I didn't get my year vacation too" is pretty funny.......

Good luck making that kinda money doing indy dates.

Ultra Peanut
05-18-2007, 12:31 PM
http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/3618/105/

Shane Helms has apparently broken his ****ing neck, and he'll be out for a year. The Smackdown curse continues.

http://imgred.com/http://kalleboo.mirror.waffleimages.com/files/74/749096789f4381b36183664caec49ffdd4a0ee1c.jpg

Stand back! There's a... year until he comes through. :(

Mecca
05-18-2007, 12:46 PM
source: pwtorch

Wade Keller is reporting that RVD is officially done with WWE as of yesterday. WWE felt that keeping RVD around and burying him on TV was not worth it and it was better to get him off TV as soon as possible.

His contract wasn't going to expire until until late June at the earliest but WWE cut that short considering RVD said he would not resign and they had nothing for him until then.

He is expected to sign with TNA after a long deserved summer break, although he may end up back with WWE as the two are still on good terms. Never say never.

Ultra Peanut
05-18-2007, 03:25 PM
The RVD story is still completely unsubstantiated.

In other news, WWE has released Ariel, Miiiitch the semi-retarded Spirit Squad member, and... Scotty 2 Hotty. :deevee:

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/scottyarielnickreleased

keg in kc
05-18-2007, 03:31 PM
So the only remotely good part of having Kevin Thorne on the air is now gone.

Ultra Peanut
05-18-2007, 03:38 PM
Speaking of wrestlers I'd love to see come back...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JQJsQ7HoJmM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JQJsQ7HoJmM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I was so disappointed when Daivari debuted on ECW and I heard the music again. Not that I don't like him, too, but... it's not the same.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-18-2007, 03:50 PM
I'd love to see the clip of Hassan's masked men and the Undertaker that got him pulled off of TV.

Mecca
05-18-2007, 03:58 PM
The only firing that gets me is the Ariel one but the Diva search is coming so there's that........of course the mass firings could be attributed to this..

WWE® Promotes Stephanie McMahon Levesque To Executive Vice President
Friday May 11, 4:49 pm ET

STAMFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. today announced the promotion of Stephanie McMahon Levesque to Executive Vice President, Talent and Creative Writing. In her new role, she is responsible for overseeing the creative writing process for all television and pay-per-view programming and manages the talent relations department.

Stephanie began her career with WWE as an Account Executive for the WWE sales office in New York City, while at the same time becoming a television personality on WWE programming. She ultimately moved behind the camera to also write, produce and direct. Her most recent position was Senior Vice President, Creative Writing.

World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: WWE) is an integrated media and entertainment company headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Toronto and London. Additional information on the company can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com.

Trademarks: All World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans, wrestling moves, and logos are the exclusive property of World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. ECW is a trademark of WWE Libraries, Inc. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.

Forward-Looking Statements: This news release contains forward-looking statements pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, which are subject to various risks and uncertainties. These risks and uncertainties include the conditions of the markets for live events, broadcast television, cable television, pay-per-view, Internet, entertainment, professional sports, and licensed merchandise; acceptance of the Company's brands, media and merchandise within those markets; uncertainties relating to litigation; risks associated with producing live events both domestically and internationally; uncertainties associated with international markets; risks relating to maintaining and renewing key agreement, including television distribution agreement; and other risks and factors set forth from time to time in Company filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Actual results could differ materially from those currently expected or anticipated. In addition to these risks and uncertainties, our dividend is based on a number of factors, including our liquidity and historical and projected cash flow, strategic plan, our financial results and condition, contractual and legal restrictions on the payment of dividends and such other factors as our board of directors may consider relevant.

WWE® Promotes John Laurinaitis to Senior Vice President
Friday May 11, 5:02 pm ET
STAMFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. today announced the promotion of John Laurinaitis to Senior Vice President, Talent Relations. He reports to Stephanie McMahon Levesque, Executive Vice President, Talent and Creative Writing.

Laurinaitis has served as WWE's Vice President, Talent Relations since June 2004. Prior to that, Laurinaitis was Director of Talent Relations. Prior to joining WWE in 2001, Laurinaitis worked for World Championship Wrestling™ ("WCW®") in talent relations and operations from June 2000 until WWE's acquisition of certain assets of WCW in March 2001.

World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: WWE) is an integrated media and entertainment company headquartered in Stamford, Conn., with offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Toronto and London. Additional information on the company can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com.

Trademarks: All World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans, wrestling moves, and logos are the exclusive property of World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. ECW is a trademark of WWE Libraries, Inc. WCW is a trademark of WCW, Inc. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.

Forward-Looking Statements: This news release contains forward-looking statements pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, which are subject to various risks and uncertainties. These risks and uncertainties include the conditions of the markets for live events, broadcast television, cable television, pay-per-view, Internet, entertainment, professional sports, and licensed merchandise; acceptance of the Company's brands, media and merchandise within those markets; uncertainties relating to litigation; risks associated with producing live events both domestically and internationally; uncertainties associated with international markets; risks relating to maintaining and renewing key agreement, including television distribution agreement; and other risks and factors set forth from time to time in Company filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Actual results could differ materially from those currently expected or anticipated. In addition to these risks and uncertainties, our dividend is based on a number of factors, including our liquidity and historical and projected cash flow, strategic plan, our financial results and condition, contractual and legal restrictions on the payment of dividends and such other factors as our board of directors may consider relevant.

Mecca
05-18-2007, 04:01 PM
The first two Victims of Stephanie McMahon and her promotion ended up being Rob Conway and 2 Cold Scorpio, who were released. Scorpio had spent over half a year sitting at home doing nothing, so this was no surprise. Conway was a surprise if only because he's a very good worker who was never given any sort of chance to display that, always had a good attitude, and always looked good. Stephanie felt Conway was a jobber for life and would never draw any money, and wanted to make room for more developmental talents to be called up. Johnny Ace had to be the bad cop (which is his new role, as if he didn't have enough heat already), and made things worse for himself by lying, saying creative couldn't come up with anything for Conway to do. The problem was that creative HAD come up with something for him, a reunited La Resistance on ECW. Conway had JUST received his new gear when Ace told him there were no ideas. Many people in the company were very unhappy with the call since they felt he could have made a great teacher in Louisville.

-- Bryan Alvarez/F4W

keg in kc
05-18-2007, 04:03 PM
Speaking of F4W, I'm listening to an interview with Danielson right now. Pretty cool.

Mecca
05-18-2007, 04:05 PM
For as great as Danielson is I still have no idea what he'd be on the national level.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-18-2007, 04:10 PM
Johnny Axe strikes again.

Mecca
05-18-2007, 04:11 PM
Johnny Axe strikes again.

Actually it's Steph, she's above him now in talent relations, he was just left with delivering the news not making the decisions.

If anyone gets hired or fired now it ends with Steph not Johnny thanks to her promotion.

unothadeal
05-18-2007, 04:15 PM
Do you boys reckon this'll be a good thing or a bad thing?

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-18-2007, 04:16 PM
Actually it's Steph, she's above him now in talent relations, he was just left with delivering the news not making the decisions.

If anyone gets hired or fired now it ends with Steph not Johnny thanks to her promotion.

It was a TIC response to the "if he didn't have enough heat already" section of your post :p

Mecca
05-18-2007, 04:18 PM
Just so you know Steph likes guys like Chris Masters and Dan Rodimier so I'm guessing the WWE talent roster will get worse if Steph is making every call....

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-18-2007, 04:22 PM
Just so you know Steph likes guys like Chris Masters and Dan Rodimier so I'm guessing the WWE talent roster will get worse if Steph is making every call....

So the McMahon steroid fetish is genetic.

Awesome.

:bang:

Mecca
05-18-2007, 04:47 PM
source: www.f4wonline.com

Stephanie McMahon was promoted to the role where she decides who gets hired and who gets fired last week. Johnny Ace answers to her now, or she can overrule him on a decision if she wants. She's really making use of her title now, as she fired eight people within one week after there weren't any cuts since before WrestleMania.

Stephanie's first victims ended up being Rob Conway and 2 Cold Scorpio, who were released on 5/11. Scorpio had spent months and months sitting at home doing nothing, so this was no surprise. Conway was a surprise because he's a good worker and always had a good attitude. Stephanie felt Conway was a "jobber for life" and would never draw any money, and wanted to make room for more developmental talents to be called up.

Johnny Ace had to be the "bad cop" (which is his new role, as if he didn't have enough heat already), and made things worse for himself by lying, saying creative couldn't come up with anything for Conway to do. The problem was that creative had come up with something for him, a reunited La Resistance on ECW. Conway had just recently received his new gear when Ace told him there were no ideas. Many people in the company were very unhappy with the call since they felt he could have made a great teacher in Louisville.

Stephanie's taking her new role very seriously and she really wants to make her mark. Expect to see some more cuts within the next few days/weeks. Had Stephanie not been promoted, the individuals recently released would probably still be around, or at least a little while longer.

sources: Pro Wrestling Torch, Wrestling Observer

As reported earlier, Rob Conway, Too Cold Scorpio and Vito were recently released from their WWE contracts. These are considered part of Stephanie McMahon's house cleaning moves to show that she's putting her stamp on the roster now that John Laurinaitis reports to her, not Vince McMahon, on a daily basis. She has a much greater influence on roster moves than before, as unless it's someone on the top third of the card, Vince is probably going to rubberstamp any roster decision she makes. That wasn't the case with John Laurinaitis' recommendations to Vince in the past.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-18-2007, 04:53 PM
Stephanie and Trips will be able to do what Eric Bischoff almost did.

keg in kc
05-19-2007, 09:20 AM
The wrong McMahon kid has the reigns. Shane gets it in a way she never will. It'll be interesting to watch.

Ultra Peanut
05-19-2007, 11:52 AM
Happy May 19th!

Ultra Peanut
05-19-2007, 11:57 AM
One of the most surprising names released, given the TV time given to her, was Ariel, real name Shelly Martinez. The release appears to be related to a backstage incident involving Martinez and Batista, who got into it in an argument in front of a number of talents while watching the taping on a monitor backstage. I haven't heard what the argument was over but the feeling among those I spoke to was Martinez was defending herself against Batista and since she was on the wrong side politically, she ended up in the crosshairs of the company. I was also told that given Stephanie was never a fan of her unique look and the fact that Ariel was original a talent hand picked by Paul Heyman for ECW when it launched, all those factors worked against her and she was out the door.

With the departure of Ariel, Thorn has been told that he may be receiving a makeover/new look, which leads some to believe that the more dark/vampire elements of the character will go away. There were a few people who felt that since Dave Lagana isn't one to rock the boat, he's going to go with whatever WWE management wants, instead of trying to fight for the characters and make it work.

From speaking to several people within WWE today, I am under the impression Van Dam did not receive an early release as many people have emailed asking since it's been reported elsewhere. Sabu did receive his release, but cannot appear for TNA/do media for 90 days..With Stephanie calling shots, we are truly on the verge of a golden age! :rolleyes:

Reaper16
05-19-2007, 03:15 PM
Happy May 19th!
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DxER4HTKuL8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DxER4HTKuL8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Ultra Peanut
05-19-2007, 03:30 PM
That's why I love wrestling: It's awesome when it's awesome, and it's awesome when it's crap!

shrek6849
05-19-2007, 03:48 PM
--Both Shawn Michaels and Perro Aguayo Jr. have blown out knees. Michaels injury is considered serious. He missed last night's show but as of last word, he said he is going to try and gut out the PPV on Sunday. Aguayo Jr., who has been one of the biggest drawing cards in wrestling for the past several years, had a right ACL tear on Los Cincos Magnificos (a show where celebrities do circus acts that is huge on national TV in Mexico and is making Aguayo Jr. a far bigger name) this week and he'll be out of action for six months.

keg in kc
05-19-2007, 04:36 PM
Oh wow, so both Mistico and Aguayo are out now?

shrek6849
05-19-2007, 04:49 PM
Source for that was Meltzer btw.

unothadeal
05-19-2007, 05:48 PM
Question: If WWE signs somebody, let's say The Rock. Would it be released on their website in an article like the ones posted above, or would they let the fans know by having his music hit at the beginning of Raw like they did in the Attitude Era when they didn't have these sites and shit?

keg in kc
05-19-2007, 06:22 PM
Question: If WWE signs somebody, let's say The Rock. Would it be released on their website in an article like the ones posted above, or would they let the fans know by having his music hit at the beginning of Raw like they did in the Attitude Era when they didn't have these sites and shit?They'd release it. You can't keep anything secret anymore. Witness the way they handled Edge's title win on SD recently. Trying to beat the spoiler sites with info...

Ultra Peanut
05-20-2007, 04:46 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LvJS5n-mKbw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LvJS5n-mKbw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

shrek6849
05-20-2007, 04:51 PM
God it's been that long ago....Scotty Too Hotty desperately needs a new gimmick.

keg in kc
05-20-2007, 04:53 PM
He has a new gimmick. It's called "unemployment".

PinkFloyd
05-20-2007, 05:49 PM
It's still Ok, but it's not the same without The Rock and Stone Cold... Would be nice to see them tag up for just one more year before they are thru... I understand both are making movies, but I heard Austin had a neck injury and can't wrestle anymore... But; he could guest referee like in Wrestlemania..

Anyone watch that series Hogan Knows Best ??? One of the episodes had Vince sign him for like a gizzillion years... Only had to make maybe a show or two a year and other appearances...

unothadeal
05-20-2007, 06:47 PM
Anyone watching JD?

Swanman
05-20-2007, 08:36 PM
The first two Victims of Stephanie McMahon and her promotion ended up being Rob Conway and 2 Cold Scorpio, who were released. Scorpio had spent over half a year sitting at home doing nothing, so this was no surprise. Conway was a surprise if only because he's a very good worker who was never given any sort of chance to display that, always had a good attitude, and always looked good. Stephanie felt Conway was a jobber for life and would never draw any money, and wanted to make room for more developmental talents to be called up. Johnny Ace had to be the bad cop (which is his new role, as if he didn't have enough heat already), and made things worse for himself by lying, saying creative couldn't come up with anything for Conway to do. The problem was that creative HAD come up with something for him, a reunited La Resistance on ECW. Conway had JUST received his new gear when Ace told him there were no ideas. Many people in the company were very unhappy with the call since they felt he could have made a great teacher in Louisville.

-- Bryan Alvarez/F4W

Both Scorpio and Conway could be decent in ROH as mid-level veteran guys.