PDA

View Full Version : Moss 1 yr, 5 million deal with Pats

Mr. Laz
05-01-2007, 10:17 AM
dropped about 6 million off his base salary but added some incentives.

only 1 year on deal

imo that helps the Pats alot .... 1 year deal should encourage his best behavior.

htismaqe
05-01-2007, 10:25 AM
Yeah, that's a good risk to take.

If anybody in the league could whip this guy into shape, it's BB.

Of course, I think Randy finally got the Super Bowl bug that some guys like this inevitably get.

Mile High Mania
05-01-2007, 10:28 AM
He's a "gun for hire" at this point... he leaves the wasteland of Oakland and after a decade in the league, he's made his money... he wants the ring.

His "baggage" allows the Pats to essentially rent him for a year and if he plays nice, they possibly win a ring, but ... even if he doesn't win a ring, he is due for his last huge contract next season if he has a great year.

Win-win for Randy.

Deberg_1990
05-01-2007, 10:28 AM
Potentially NE could really be a powerhouse O with Moss/Stallworth

cadmonkey
05-01-2007, 10:30 AM
I can't wait for training camp to start

Dr. Van Halen
05-01-2007, 11:22 AM
Potentially NE could really be a powerhouse O with Moss/Stallworth

Especially with their division continuing to devolve.

cadmonkey
05-01-2007, 12:27 PM
Especially with their division continuing to devolve.

What ever happened to the AFC east being very competative?

POND_OF_RED
05-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Still a bad deal IMO. He'll play 6 games then get bored with football again. Who honestly thinks Moss is gonna want to play in Foxborough when winter rolls around? Biggest waste of talent I have ever seen.

cadmonkey
05-01-2007, 02:17 PM
Still a bad deal IMO. He'll play 6 games then get bored with football again. Who honestly thinks Moss is gonna want to play in Foxborough when winter rolls around? Biggest waste of talent I have ever seen.

You are right, its gonna be tough to keep him interested when the Patriots are possibly playing for home field advantage.

Mile High Mania
05-01-2007, 02:35 PM
I think this is going to work out well for NE... again, Moss has issues, but he is not Terrell Owens.

POND_OF_RED
05-01-2007, 04:57 PM
I think this is going to work out well for NE... again, Moss has issues, but he is not Terrell Owens.
You're right there. Owens actually runs. IMO I would much rather have a WR with off the field problems than a WR who gives up on routes and doesn't even try to help his team. Owens was top 10 in receiving yards and led all WR in TDs. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't want either of them on my team but to say Moss is less of a liability than Owens is ignorant.

jspchief
05-01-2007, 05:01 PM
The thing that sickens me is the guy was a total piece of shit both in attitude and effort in Oakland, and he's punished by getting exactly what he wanted.