PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Interested in RB Chris Brown?

doomy3
05-01-2007, 10:38 AM
Chris Brown-RB- Titans May. 1 - 12:08 pm et

Free agent Chris Brown is not expected to return to the Titans.

Tennessee thinks Chris Henry is a first-round talent. "Rumors" have reportedly circulated that the Patriots could add Brown, but more likely landing spots may include Kansas City, Indianapolis, and Denver.
Source: Nashville Tennessean
Related: Broncos, Colts, Chiefs, Patriots

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=199

How many backs do we need this year? Especially how many running backs who can't stay healthy do we need?

Mecca
05-01-2007, 10:40 AM
He's heavily injury prone......might be worth a sign if he's cut, but he's not worth anything in a trade.

Bowser
05-01-2007, 10:41 AM
OMG!! TEH LJ TRADE IS COMING!!!@#$!!

BigChiefFan
05-01-2007, 10:50 AM
Brown looked pretty good his first year, but since then has been a walking injury. If he's finally healthy he may be worth a look.

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-01-2007, 10:51 AM
Wishbone, FTW!!!

chagrin
05-01-2007, 11:01 AM
This guy is awful, you can't cut Bennett and sign Brown, makes no sense - they are the same person

Scaga
05-01-2007, 11:02 AM
Maybe he's bulked up with all the injuries.
We've got him slated to play D-Tackle

Pestilence
05-01-2007, 11:04 AM
How many RB's do we need?

LJ
Holmes - more than likely gone
Ross
Dee Brown
Kolby Smith
Michael Bennett

Mecca
05-01-2007, 11:11 AM
You might aswell mark Holmes and Dee Brown off your list they don't count........and Ross is questionable.

eazyb81
05-01-2007, 11:34 AM
I'm guessing this info was assembled before we picked Kolby Smith on Sunday.

LJ, Bennett, and Smith will be our RBs heading into this season.

InChiefsHell
05-01-2007, 11:34 AM
You might aswell mark Holmes and Dee Brown off your list they don't count........and Ross is questionable.

How so? He's in Europe right now isn't he?

Mecca
05-01-2007, 11:35 AM
How so? He's in Europe right now isn't he?

That didn't keep McKenzie Smith on the roster.........

TrebMaxx
05-01-2007, 12:38 PM

I really liked what I saw of McKenzie Smith, was surprised to see him let go. Does anyone know if he was picked up by another team? Back on topic. I don't see Chris Bown with the Chiefs. Although with Herm's philosophy on offense, we might need to keep 7 or 8 RB's to make it through the season.

InChiefsHell
05-01-2007, 01:26 PM

I guess, but Ross just got O player of the week in Europe. A friend of mine, a Donk fan, mentioned that he actually saw the game and was pretty impressed...and a little pissed that the guy was a Chief. That made me think the guy just might have a little something...if nothing else, hopefully he can compete for the job.

tiptap
05-01-2007, 01:43 PM
Wishbone, FTW!!!

The Chiefs have no history with the Wishbone. But they do with wing T and the Straight full T. That is where we are going.

Frosty
05-01-2007, 01:48 PM
I really liked what I saw of McKenzie Smith, was surprised to see him let go. Does anyone know if he was picked up by another team? Back on topic. I don't see Chris Bown with the Chiefs. Although with Herm's philosophy on offense, we might need to keep 7 or 8 RB's to make it through the season.

No, he's a free agent. He is back in Europe this season and is back to Jonathan Smith, instead of McKenzie.

Pestilence
05-01-2007, 01:49 PM
I'd say it'll look like this then.

LJ
Bennett
Smith
Ross

If Smith turns out to be something special and Bennett never really amounts to anything...then I can see LJ, Ross and Smith in 2008.

Dave Lane
05-01-2007, 02:54 PM

Actually its Jonathan Smith and he's in NFLE with the Amsterdam Admirals

Dave

ChiefsCountry
05-01-2007, 02:59 PM
If we had traded LJ I would have been more inclined to get Brown. No real intrest in him now.