PDA

View Full Version : So it sounds like.........

Mecca
05-01-2007, 12:18 PM
I think alot of people seem to hate our pick....

I got Petro on and he's talking about Bowe........

He said Herm compared him to Anquan Boldin to which he said "he was the 54th pick keep that mind" then he started listing all these numbers from last year about how crappy all the WR's were in their first year...

Then he went to "Later I'm going to list some numbers that will blow your mind"

Sounds like he's going to list numbers to show how picking a WR was a stupid move........

Sure sounds like alot of people really don't like WR's in general.

Chiefnj
05-01-2007, 12:19 PM
Other than some radio personnel, who hates the pick?

beer bacon
05-01-2007, 12:20 PM
Funny how all these people have been complaining for years and years about how horrible our WR corps has been.

Mecca
05-01-2007, 12:21 PM
Funny how all these people have been complaining for years and years about how horrible our WR corps has been.

That is exactly why I don't get it.......

Phobia
05-01-2007, 12:22 PM
I love the pick. He's a well-rounded WR. It may take a year or two, but he's going to do good things in KC.

keg in kc
05-01-2007, 12:26 PM
I don't think the Hali pick was very popular a year ago, either.

This is why I don't listen to sports talk radio as much anymore. Not because I agree or disagree with what they say, but because it doesn't matter. What Petro thinks or what Kietzman thinks or what DA thinks or what Holthus thinks or what xxxx from anywhere in the country thinks doesn't matter an iota. Bowe's performance on the field is all that matters, and all that will ever matter.

If he's good, then it was a good pick. If he's not, it wasn't.

It really is that simple.

NewChief
05-01-2007, 12:30 PM
One major difference here is that you're now going to at least get some chance to immediately evaluate the talent. One of my major beefs with the DV era was the drafting of talent only to sit it on the bench to "develop" for a while. I'd rather see the draftees thrown into the mix ASAP (quarterback excluded, since I think rookie QBs in the NFL are a disaster).

Braincase
05-01-2007, 12:32 PM
Somewhere Over Dwayne Bowe

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/brRsRTTp1Pw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/brRsRTTp1Pw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Mr. Kotter
05-01-2007, 12:47 PM

Damn, Carl....:cuss:

Now, THERE is your DT you should sign as a FA..... :eek:

Phobia
05-01-2007, 12:48 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

One of your best, BC. I laughed out loud.

Braincase
05-01-2007, 01:07 PM
Damn, Carl....:cuss:

Now, THERE is your DT you should sign as a FA..... :eek:

Um, Bruddah Iz is dead... after he broke 750, he couldn't breathe (or sing) anymore.

Mr. Kotter
05-01-2007, 01:09 PM
Um, Bruddah Iz is dead... after he broke 750, he couldn't breathe (or sing) anymore.

Eh, I didn't know. Too bad. My condolences to the family.

Maybe we could still sign him, though; and see if Tampa will give us a draft pick for him. :hmmm: