PDA

View Full Version : Jenson - clear your private messages

Frazod
05-01-2007, 07:24 PM
And then I'll reply to your PM.

Frazod
05-01-2007, 08:25 PM
Well, since you didn't clear your PMs and don't seem to be online, and I don't feel like leaving that dialogue box open all night, here is the answer to your question about your upcoming Chicago trip:

4th of July is insane up here. There will be massive crowds pretty much everywhere. Unless you have no other choice I would recommend NOT coming that weekend. Best bet is to come up during the week if you can.

This is a link to the thread where Dartgod asked for Chicago travel advice for 4th of July weekend last summer:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3115393#post3115393

Everything I said there still goes. One change - the Red Line subway/elevated train (which goes between the Loop and Wrigley) is currently under construction. During rush hour times, it is a nightmarish mess. Plan accordingly if you are taking it to the ballpark.

You might also check with Dartgod, since he actually did the tourist thing.

As for Six Flags, it is about 40 miles north of the city (45 minutes to an hour and a half travel time or more, depending on traffic). DO NO GO THERE ON 4TH OF JULY WEEKEND unless you really like standing in line. You can buy cutting-in-line passes, but they are expensive, and you'll still have to stand in line with the other line cutters. Again, I recommend going during the week (Monday-Thursday, non-holiday). I have been there as recently as last year - great park, lots of coasters. Raging Bull is my personal favorite.

As for the theater scene, Blue Man Group seems to be a big hit with pretty much everyone. I haven't seen it, but have never heard anything negative. Personally, I tend to go for the major productions (Phantom, Les Miserables, etc.) so I haven't seen anything that's currently playing. Wicked has been here for quite awhile and should still be here this summer. Again, haven't seen it yet, although I probably will at some point. If you can find a web site for The Chicago Reader (local indy paper), you might be able to find some listings for some more artsy-fartsy stuff that you would probably enjoy. :)

That's all I can thing of right now. Enjoy your trip.

Jenson71
05-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Ah, thank you thank you thank you frazod. Sorry for not checking earlier. I've deleted all my hate mail now.

Frazod
05-01-2007, 10:05 PM
No problem.

Ultra Peanut
05-01-2007, 10:21 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5D6nETEEg0A"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5D6nETEEg0A" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Jenson71
05-01-2007, 10:55 PM
No problem.

Oh, and one more question. While I'm there, can I sleep on your couch?

Frazod
05-01-2007, 11:17 PM
Oh, and one more question. While I'm there, can I sleep on your couch?

Uh, NO. :D