PDA

View Full Version : Matt McGlothlin, DT, Tennessee

dtrain
05-02-2007, 09:40 AM
http://www.tennessean.com/sports/ut/archives/03/08/38380465.shtml?Element_ID=38380465

He did 35 reps at 225. Could he be the next surprise find?

dtrain
05-02-2007, 09:41 AM
http://tennessee.scout.com/2/561373.html

Found another article

Iowanian
05-02-2007, 10:07 AM
Its hard to say...but this could be why they took him(as seen in FA repository thread)

"I see why they brought in McGlothlin
"McGlothlin is known as the guy who threw Kansas City defensive line coach Tim Krumrie onto the ground during his Pro Day. Players like Alan Branch struggled with Krumrie. He was tagged by some as the "Pit-Bull" guy."

booger
05-02-2007, 10:10 AM
The more the better with those type of guys for so called TC fodder. At the very least they should push everyone else in front of them and those on the other side of the ball. We need more good competition.

Tribal Warfare
05-02-2007, 10:16 AM
Nice!!!!! Competition for Reed and Edwards

Overview Matt McGlothlin isn't a household name, even in NFL scouting circles, despite playing at a top program that featured the likes of Justin Harrell and Turk McBride on the defensive line. McGlothlin was a reserve lineman who saw limited time in the DT rotation. Unfortunately, he is more of a 3-4 NT prospect, but Tennessee ran a 4-3 defensive scheme.

Strengths McGlothlin is as strong as they come, and is surprisingly quick for a man his size. At the UT pro day, McGlothlin overpowered Chiefs DL Coach Tim Krumrie (the same man who exposed Alan Branch at the Michigan pro day) during position drills. McGlothlin holds black belts in 4 different styles of martial arts (karate, ju-jitsu, hapkido, and Brazilian). He earned a black belt in Brazilian in 2.5 years when it normally takes 10 years. McGlothlin brings an intensity to practices and games and helps fire up those around him.

Weaknesses Lack of production and the inability to earn more playing time on the UT defensive line is a bit disconcerting. McGlothlin is still considered a project at this point, but is already 24 years old.

Projection His performance at the UT pro day means that some team will sign him following the draft (or even throw a 7th round pick at him). He's a project though, and might just be a guy to bring into camp to push the others some.

Iowanian
05-02-2007, 10:22 AM
A blackbelt in 4 forms of martial arts?

Holy Crap.....I'd guess he'd have amazing balance, flexibility and leverage for a fatty....

pikesome
05-02-2007, 10:26 AM
He's Samurai from Necessary Roughness.

Braincase
05-02-2007, 10:32 AM
I bet Redrum can kick his ass. Get in there, Redrum, show this pricksteak who the REAL man is!

booger
05-02-2007, 10:38 AM
I bet he has a mean scissor kick. Watch out Chris Bober.

Direckshun
05-02-2007, 11:52 AM
Holy shit. This guy is awesome.