PDA

View Full Version : If I were the manager...

Oz_Chief
05-02-2007, 10:05 AM
If, through a curious sequence of events, I were named manager of the Royals, these are the changes I would make to the position players:

1. Accept that we have too many outfielders and DHs
2. Get rid of Emil Brown
3. Call up Joey Gathright

CF Dejesus
2B Grudz/German
RF Teahen
DH Sweeney/Butler
1B Gload/Shealy
3B Gordon
C Buck
SS Pena
LF Gathright

At this stage, I think Sweeney is holding the team back and needs to go. I have no idea how to get rid of him.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Dr. Facebook Fever
05-02-2007, 10:11 AM
If I were manager I'd tell Dayton that I can't win with this bullpen... because I'm sure he hasn't noticed.

Joie
05-02-2007, 10:14 AM
If I were manager I would be fired pretty quick for letting David Glass know what I think of him. I would have access to his phone number, right?

Rooster
05-02-2007, 10:14 AM
If I were manager, I would bring back the powder blue uniforms for road games. :thumb:

wilas101
05-02-2007, 10:16 AM
At this stage, I think Sweeney is holding the team back and needs to go. I have no idea how to get rid of him.

Anyone have any thoughts?

you're asking that question here?

friggin anti freeze.... how else? :P

Dr. Facebook Fever
05-02-2007, 10:18 AM
If I were manager I would be fired pretty quick for letting David Glass know what I think of him. I would have access to his phone number, right?
Just call Wal-Mart.

Joie
05-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Just call Wal-Mart.
Every time I try to complain to WalMart nothing happens. I just stopped shopping there.

Damnit David Glass!! :cuss:

FringeNC
05-02-2007, 10:26 AM
We're not scoring any runs...

How about Grudz at SS and German at 2nd.

cmh6476
05-02-2007, 10:27 AM
if i were GM/ owner and you were my manager, I'd pull a Don Trump on yer ass!

YOU'RE FIRED!!#@#!

Cochise
05-02-2007, 10:27 AM
You would be canned for trying to squeeze Gathright, a poor hitter and marginal fielder, into a crowded outfield.

Emil Brown hit about .290 last year and lead the team in RBI... you're going to squeeze him for light fielding, no hitting Gathright? :spock:

If anybody needs more time in left, it's Sanders (or Butler, now). Gathright will probably never see the light of day in the majors again, at least not for Kansas City. (That's a sign we're getting better, btw)

cmh6476
05-02-2007, 10:28 AM
also I'm pretty sure our GM makes the personnell decisions while the manager makes the daily lineup and in-game decisions. So I doubt you'd really do anything that you speak of, liar.

CoMoChief
05-02-2007, 10:31 AM
I'd trade for Scott Podsednik because we don't have a true lead off man with speed and Gathwright sucks.

cmh6476
05-02-2007, 10:34 AM
I'd trade for Scott Podsednik because we don't have a true lead off man with speed and Gathwright sucks.

i didnt think you could trade players on the DL :shrug:

OmahaChief
05-02-2007, 10:38 AM
Gathright has a hammy problem so it would do no good to call him up at this point. You would be better served to get Costa up, he is knocking the ball around pretty good.

I would play Sanders more to increase his trade value and then move him for an arm. I would do the same with Sweeney and Brown if we could get something for them.

CoMoChief
05-02-2007, 11:42 AM
i didnt think you could trade players on the DL :shrug:

Yeah I know I'm saying if he was healthy.

Dr. Facebook Fever
05-02-2007, 12:55 PM
Every time I try to complain to WalMart nothing happens. I just stopped shopping there.

Damnit David Glass!! :cuss:
They don't care about you. They have money falling out of their buttholes.

Best descision ever not to shop there.

Valiant
05-02-2007, 01:41 PM
You would be canned for trying to squeeze Gathright, a poor hitter and marginal fielder, into a crowded outfield.

Emil Brown hit about .290 last year and lead the team in RBI... you're going to squeeze him for light fielding, no hitting Gathright? :spock:

If anybody needs more time in left, it's Sanders (or Butler, now). Gathright will probably never see the light of day in the majors again, at least not for Kansas City. (That's a sign we're getting better, btw)

Emil's bat has been sucking this year, but he is our best outfielder...

The only thing I would do differently this year is get Sanders in the lineup more this year...

POND_OF_RED
05-02-2007, 01:42 PM
If I manage this team I would keep it exactly the way it is right now. A few minor changes are in order. Trade Sweeney for a couple bullpen prospects. Face it, he will never play well enough to trade for anyone in the majors. He has to high of a salary for an old injury-prone pop-out player. I like this lineup the way it is now that Butler is up. Obviously it could be a lot better but you have to think realistically and know that we won't be bringing in any superstars with David Glass running this team. So I believe that Dejesus, Grudz, Teahen, Butler, Gordon, Gload, Buck, Pena, and Brown is the best this lineup can look. Starting pitching has been 10 times better than years past. Bullpen has its issues but I think with a little more time to develop players and cut the worthless ones it will keep us in ballgames. This team is young enough to stay together for at least another 5 years. The main thing is time. You can't expect a team with 3 consecutive 100+ loss seasons to compete in one years time. Next year I think we compete into mid-September and in two years I think this team will be in the playoffs.

Infidel Goat
05-02-2007, 01:52 PM
I hate to say it, but we'll be lucky to get back to .500 this year.

Part of me thinks that we need to play Sweeney, Sanders, and Brown and hope that they become more valuable trade commoditites as the season progresses.

I don't care for Gathright except as a bench player. He can be a late game pinch runner or defensive replacement.

CF DeJesus
2B Grudz
DH Sweeney
RF Teahan
1B Shealy (when healthy)
3B Gordon
LF Sanders/Brown
C Buck
SS Pena

So far our pitching staff hasn't been awful, so I think we have to hope for more run production from Brown (especially) and Sanders.

Gathright's upside just isn't enough to start him for me.

Cochise
05-02-2007, 02:06 PM
Do people still think David Glass runs Wal-Mart? :spock: :spock:

beavis
05-02-2007, 03:20 PM
Do people still think David Glass runs Wal-Mart? :spock: :spock:
No, they think he owns Wal-Mart.