PDA

View Full Version : Really strange thing happened... met an old friend.

Fire Me Boy!
05-02-2007, 10:31 AM
So, I was walking to the checkout at Target last night (in Belton) when I hear, "Hey, Tim."

I turn around, and lo and behold, there stands my roommate my freshman year in college (10 years ago). I hadn't seen him since my bachelor party in January 2003.

Turns out, the guy is living in Belton (where he grew up) and working for the school district.

The really freaky part is we discovered while chatting last night that for two months, we literally lived two houses apart. Same street, he was at 1011, I'm at 1007. He moved out in September, we moved in at the beginning of July.

cdcox
05-02-2007, 10:52 AM
I had a similar moment yesterday. Our department had a meeting with our outside board of advisors. As I'm parking my truck, another car pulled right up next to me, and as we get out he gives me an enthusiastic "Hey cdcox!". I don't immediately recognize him, so I answer back with an enthusiastic "Hey, how's it going?". I figure he's one of the board members, but that I must have made a good impression on him if he remembers my name, but I don't remember meeting him before. We walk up to the building, find the meeting room, get coffee, all the while making small talk. Then it hits me who he is. He was a former faculty member in our department. He left seven years ago, but I knew him for nine years before that. During that time I talked to him for at least 10 minutes every day, ate lunch periodically, went on bike rides together, his daughter baby-sat for us, the whole nine yards. Even worse, I had heard last week that he would be at the meeting. At the end of the day I admitted that it took me 5 minutes to recognize him. He had changed a good deal in appearance, but the main factor was that when I first saw he was far enough away that I could only make out his general appearance without the more detailed visual clues don't change even with age.

Overall it was really weird not recognizing him.

Wile_E_Coyote
05-02-2007, 10:57 AM
and the rain turned to snow. Or the snow turned into rain..:hmmm:

RJ
05-02-2007, 11:08 AM
I guess it's true, people really don't know their nieghbors these days.

Braincase
05-02-2007, 11:19 AM
Cue Harry Chapin

ChiefaRoo
05-02-2007, 11:23 AM
Did you guys reminisce about that night you got drunk and you woke up the next day spooning and sticky?

Simplex3
05-02-2007, 11:27 AM
I guess it's true, people really don't know their nieghbors these days.
I know mine. :shrug:

...and no, I'm not boning any of them.

El Jefe
05-02-2007, 11:47 AM
Wow this thread went south quick lol.

plbrdude
05-02-2007, 11:54 AM
Wow this thread went south quick lol.

they all do

JimNasium
05-02-2007, 12:20 PM
I've been in my place for a year and know many of the people on the block but some of them never come out of their houses and if they do they DO NOT want to speak.

Braincase
05-02-2007, 12:23 PM
Did you guys reminisce about that night you got drunk and you woke up the next day spooning and sticky?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hgRx-St5ibM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hgRx-St5ibM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Mr. Plow
05-02-2007, 12:47 PM
I ran into a guy one time at a local grocery store when I was buying stuff to head up for a Chiefs game. This guy came right up to me and started talking like we were old friends. I chatted with him, all the while not knowing who he was. Then my buddy came up, this guy acted like he knew him as well. After the guy left, I turned to my friend and said "Who the hell was that?" He said "I have no idea."

We chalked it up to this guy thinking mistook us for someone else.

My buddy and I continued to run into this guy at different places - Wal Mart, Chinese restaurant, Applebee's - all in all, I probably ran into this guy about 7 times. Each time, he had a 10 minute conversation with me, but I know idea who he was. He acted like we were best friends in high school.

Finally, my buddy and I are out eating lunch one day and we see him in the restaurant. I said "Oh shit. Don't make eye contact." Well, he sees us and comes over to chat. He sits there and gives me his life story since the last time we did this. At the end of the conversation, he says something along the lines of "Why don't you give me your cell # and I'll give you a call sometime to go out."

I don't want to give this guy my cell phone #. I don't want to have a friend who I have no idea who he is. I could see me in 10 years, meeting someone knew and trying to introduce him - "Uhhh, this is....uhhh. I really don't know his name."

So I pulled the psycho girl routine and started to give him a fake cell phone #. When he's done entering the number, he says "Now your name is John right?" I said "Uhhh, no. My name is Tim."

At that moment, he realized he had no idea who the hell I was either and that he had been having conversations with some random guy over the past 4 months.

Dumbass.

ChiefaRoo
05-02-2007, 12:56 PM
I ran into a guy one time at a local grocery store when I was buying stuff to head up for a Chiefs game. This guy came right up to me and started talking like we were old friends. I chatted with him, all the while not knowing who he was. Then my buddy came up, this guy acted like he knew him as well. After the guy left, I turned to my friend and said "Who the hell was that?" He said "I have no idea."

My buddy and I continued to run into this guy at different places - Wal Mart, Chinese restaurant, Applebee's - all in all, I probably ran into this guy about 7 times. Each time, he had a 10 minute conversation with me, but I know idea who he was. He acted like we were best friends in high school.

Finally, my buddy and I are out eating lunch one day and we see him in the restaurant. I said "Oh shit. Don't make eye contact." Well, he sees us and comes over to chat. He sits there and gives me his life story since the last time we did this. At the end of the conversation, he says something along the lines of "Why don't you give me your cell # and I'll give you a call sometime to go out."

I don't want to give this guy my cell phone #. I don't want to have a friend who I have no idea who he is. I could see me in 10 years, meeting someone knew and trying to introduce him - "Uhhh, this is....uhhh. I really don't know his name."

So I pulled the psycho girl routine and started to give him a fake cell phone #. When he's done entering the number, he says "Now your name is John right?" I said "Uhhh, no. My name is Tim."

At that moment, he realized he had no idea who the hell I was either and that he had been having conversations with some random guy over the past 4 months.

Dumbass.

Were you at The Manhole Club with GoChiefs when all this happened?

Lzen
05-02-2007, 12:58 PM
http://www.someecards.com/filestorage/ch_1.jpg

convict1983
05-02-2007, 01:16 PM

Dumbass.

Awkward ROFL