PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs fan finally born...

morphius
04-06-2001, 10:19 PM
Well as of Monday at 3:38 p.m. there is a new Chiefs fan in town.

After struggling with name we went with Scott Harrison and he came out 20" long and weighed an amazing 10.07 pounds (born naturally).

Mother and Baby are doing fine for the most part, and I'm just tired.

It was an amazing experience to say the least.

DaWolf
04-06-2001, 10:28 PM
Congradulations! Welcome to the Chiefs family, Scott!

stevieray
04-06-2001, 10:53 PM
Congrats to you and the Mrs.

So Morph, did you cut the cord?

Joe Seahawk
04-06-2001, 11:05 PM
Congrats Morph!! Amazing experience huh?

Good luck to the three of you and hopefully Scott will let you two get some sleep...:)

Logical
04-06-2001, 11:09 PM
Congrats Morph,

Now relax and enjoy!

JohninGpt
04-06-2001, 11:38 PM
Congrats Morph, and I share your amazement. My son, Peter Jerome Travis (P. J.), was born today at 1:37pm in Biloxi, Ms. His weight is about 2lbs less than Scotts, but my hat is off to my wife (how do they do that?).
I'll be bringing P.J. home Tuesday in a very small red jersey emblazoned with the number 58.

John
- Another proud father.

morphius
04-06-2001, 11:44 PM
John - Congrats to you! Is this your first, it is mine?

Stevieray - Stayed away from the chord, but I did better then I thought I could and was able to watch the baby actually come out. I had feared that the image would ruin my mind towards... well you know. But it was nothing like I expected.

DanT
04-06-2001, 11:55 PM
Congratulations, Jeff. Best wishes to the mother and child!

DanT
04-06-2001, 11:57 PM
Congratulations, JohninGpt! Babies look great in Chiefs Red.

JohninGpt
04-07-2001, 12:01 AM
Morph,
This is my second child (my wifes 4th), but my daughter was a C Section. This is the first time I have seen a natural delivery. She went into labor at 8 pm last night and had the baby this afternoon. Seeing her go through that amount of work for over 17 1/2 hours has really given me an appreciation of what mothers go through. My wife has decided that four is enough, and will be "fixed" tomorrow.

John
- Really glad that I can't give birth or poop bowling balls.

morphius
04-07-2001, 12:27 AM
John - My wife started contractions at 7 p.m. on Sunday, we went to the hospital at 3:30 a.m. on Monday and had the baby 12 hrs later. The actually pushing part of labor lasted 1:45, but would have been lots quicker if he wasn't such a large baby. Took a lot of work to get that poor guys head out, and it was pretty tough watching the wife go through that much, but she was so happy when it was over that it made up for it 1000 fold.

RJ
04-07-2001, 12:34 AM
Congratulations to Jeff and John and best wishes to moms and children. May both families be healthy and happy and watch many Chiefs games together.

Dads: Attempt to not teach the children such childish habits as screaming, hurling objects, pounding fists and injecting colorful epithets during said Chiefs games. Yeah, sure.

JohninGpt
04-07-2001, 12:46 AM
Thanks rjintx

"Dads: Attempt to not teach the children such childish habits as screaming, hurling objects, pounding fists and injecting colorful epithets during said Chiefs games. Yeah, sure."

This is a promise I can not make. Temper tantrums during Chiefs games are a family tradition proudly passed from my father, to me, and now to my son.
My wife has already given up on watching football with me. I took her to a game two years ago and she got embarrassed because my brother and I were screaming incoherently when Detroit had the ball on a 3rd down, she just doesn't understand. On the other hand, she's a big hockey fan (kind of unusual for a girl from the Philippines).

John

morphius
04-07-2001, 12:47 AM
rjinx - And I guess you are expecting us to teach our kids to respect the Refs as well? :)

KCWolfman
04-07-2001, 01:06 AM
Jeff - Congrats. I am glad that both are healthy and your mental mindset is not destroyed due to the visuals.

Seriously, It was the coolest thing in the world when I saw all of mine born.

John - Congrats to you too.

RJ
04-07-2001, 01:07 AM
Yes, that's right guys. Don't teach them any of those bad habits. And yes, Jeff, teach them respect for the Refs. And while you're at it, teach them to love and respect the Raiders.

Nah, on second thought, teach them to be rabid Chiefs Homers just like the rest of us. Life's more fun that way. And when you teach them to hurl objects in anger, teach it properly. They need to learn to make the throw with full force, yet without breaking anything that will cause regret later. It's a father's duty.

Gaz
04-07-2001, 08:49 AM
Congratulations to both Mrs. Morphius and Mrs. JohninGpit for carrying out these heroic deeds.

Congratulations to both Morphius and JohninGpt for staying vertical during the delivery.

xoxo~
Gaz
Squeamish.

milkman
04-07-2001, 11:09 AM
Outstanding news. Congrats and good luck to you both.

I guess we won't be seeing a lot of the 2 of you in the next several months.

Gary
04-07-2001, 11:12 AM
Hey guys...maybe with all these beautiful new KC fans springing up among our buddies' families, maybe good things are coming for the Chiefs & their faithful in the near future. Just think of it as the "birth" of a new era in Kansas City Chiefs football! I know I know...pretty hokie. Seriously, congratulations to all new daddies...truly the finest blessing that God can bestow! All the health & happiness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mosbonian
04-07-2001, 11:55 AM
Morph and John:

Congratulations and a hearty high-ten to both of you!!

A big cyber-bouquet to Mrs. Morphius and Mrs. JohninGpt for their contributions to the command of any Chiefs family....."be fruitful and multiply"

Gaz:

"Congratulations to both Morphius and JohninGpt for staying vertical during the delivery. "

Classic Gaz......

Morph:

Glad you survived the visual effects...would hate to think that it ruined, well you know...

mmaddog
proud papa twice over

morphius
04-07-2001, 12:23 PM
Thanks everyone.

Milkman - I don't know, the computer and babies room are one in the same, so I could be on even more often.

Gaz - I almost fainted once, but that was when they were giving her the epodiral and she was resting her head in the middle of my chest so that she wouldn't move. Unfortunitly I had my legs locked at the time and had to have someone take my place after about 10 minutes when all blood left the upper part of my body. Other then that it is not as bad as you would think, at least it wasn't as bad as I would have thought.

JOhn
04-07-2001, 12:45 PM
Morph,
Congrats Man!!! Just now saw your post, so belated it is but very happy for you and the Mrs. Welcome to the father club, life as you have known is now gone. But it is a good thing :)

Gaz
04-07-2001, 12:51 PM
morphius-

You are a better man than I, Gunga Din.

xoxo~
Gaz
Would have fainted when they showed the needle.

JohninGpt
04-07-2001, 04:35 PM
Thanks everyone,
I just been at the hospital hanging out with my boy. I held him in my arms and he looked at me, attempted to smile, then ripped one that would make any father proud.

Gaz, I got rather woozy when we first got to the hospital and they were drawing blood (what a wuss, huh?), but when the baby was born I was really too awestruck to be freaked out by the appearant ruination of my favorite place.

John

Raiderhader
04-07-2001, 04:44 PM
Congratulations to the both of you guys.

WisChief
04-07-2001, 05:16 PM
Jeff,

Nice job my man!!!!!!! That is one BIG boy!!!!! Very glad to hear that
all is well with Scott, his mommy and with you!!!

We found out about 6 weeks ago that we are now expecting our second!

YEA!!!

As you may or may not remember, I mentioned some things to you about
my wife's Krohn's disease and we were very worried about what the
Predazone steroids and the pentasa (another aspirin like drug) would do
to our chances of having more, but we got the full go ahead so we
are on our way to number 2!!! Due Nov 5, 2001!!!!

Anyway, Congrats again!!!

Otter
04-07-2001, 05:18 PM
Morph,

Congrats. I'll have to break out one the Royal Jamacians out of the humidor for ya.

I almost fainted reading your post describing the procedure.

Here's to good luck and good health (cyber toast)

BIG_DADDY
04-07-2001, 06:17 PM
Morph and John,

Congratulations to the both of you. I think Otter has the right idea. I have a cohiba at home I'll pull out when I get there. 10 POUNDS WOW. That is great. You said you are tired but I am putting my money on the Mrs. for edging you out in that department. We can sure use the additional chief fans as well. Well here is to no sleep for awhile and plenty of good years ahead.

Hey Morph,

You gonna start your kid out on one of those little mini-bikes in a few years? The last Arenacross I went to they had the 4-6 year olds out there on those little 50s.

BIG DADDY

Just remembering my favorite toy of all time. The Honda 50 under the tree at 6 years old.

Archie F. Swin
04-07-2001, 08:05 PM
One of the clearest messages I got as a witness to childbirth was . . . 'I'm lucky to be a man!'

This is a blessed time in your lives . . . Take advantage Morph, they aren't babies for very long.

Looks like I have a reason to drink three beers tonight
(wink)

Cheers!

morphius
04-08-2001, 05:14 PM
Wischief - Congrats on the baby, that is some great news.

Otter - I could have made it worse, there were some parts that were a little less pleasent. I did stay away from the placenta labor part, cause...well...uck.

Big_Daddy - First I will have to see which family this kid gets his coordination from, because if it is like my wifes family then there is no way, a bicycle could kill the boy. Your also right about the wife, she if really darn tired. My mother came down this weekend to stay with us and helped out a huge amount by watching the baby so we could sleep.

CRP - You are exactly right, it is definitly one more thing that make me glad to be the man, because I was having a tough time helping, and my part was tons easier.

58Forever
04-09-2001, 08:32 AM
Congrats Jeff, just got a chance to read the thread.

A proud papa. How does it feel?

morphius
04-09-2001, 09:44 AM
Joe - Thanks! I will let you know when I wake up, or get some sleep, or whichever it is that I'm not doing enough of. I'm too tired to be sure which...

58Forever
04-09-2001, 09:57 AM
Jeff, yep, you better get your sleep now, because you won't be getting much later.

Let's see, this is April...He'll be about 6 months old when the season starts...should be walking or close to it about the time the Cheifs are winning the SB...:D

Just remember not to toss him up in the air and forget to catch him when the Chiefs score a TD...;)

Gaz
04-09-2001, 10:12 AM
Good point Joe, and one that cannot be repeated too often:

Babies are not for spiking.

xoxo~
Gaz
Passing the word.

Mark M
04-09-2001, 11:54 AM
Congrats, morph!

MM
~~Can't stay long ... being watched ...

Phobia
04-09-2001, 12:52 PM
Congratulations to both Jeff & John. I'm especially delighted to NOT hear about any abnormalities. My girls turned 8 & 9 in March and are the picture of perfect health. However, I spent this weekend in the town I grew up in and a childhood friend wasn't so fortunate. He & his wife reside in St. Louie and I won't go into detail but will say that they were expecting a healthy child and they would have been better off with a stillborn. That may sound insensitive but I assure you it's not.

We often take the health of ourselves and our loved ones for granted. It's a great day to be thankful for health!!!

ChiTown
04-09-2001, 01:06 PM
Jeff

Congrats to you and the Mrs. Glad to hear all is going well and that you have brought us a new Defensive Tackle for the Red & Gold. My wife gave birth to our 2nd son 24 hours after your son was born - 3:35pm 4-3-01. He has opted to skip his final 22yrs of eligibilibilty and will be available for the '2002 draft. He plans to play OLB like his 'ol man;) . Concerning the needles for the pain killer, I can only say that my experience was exactly the same. However, I was able to deliver my son after the head and shoulders were safely through. Greatest experience of my life. Mom, and both sons are doing great.

Congrats again to all the new fathers and fathers to be!

ChiTown
~thinks he needs one more to round out his foursome

Iowanian
04-09-2001, 02:36 PM
I am curious to know if there was a nationwide power outage last july that would cause such a Chief Baby boom.....or bad news from training camp that so many of you needed "consolation" from your wives. ;)

Phobia
04-09-2001, 03:06 PM
Congrats, Chitown!

Iowanian,

I think both KC BB's must have been down at the time.....

ChiTown
04-09-2001, 03:24 PM
Hey Gent's,

July in Wichita - too hot to fish, too hot to golf, no football action, was banished from the KCStar BB........What else was there to do?

ChiTown
~Is glad his wife hates computers

Iowanian
04-09-2001, 03:40 PM
it is NEVER too hot to fish....sometimes it just requires more "liquid refreshment".

~glad I was fishing that day ;)

morphius
04-10-2001, 08:41 AM
Chitown - Congrats! You had sent me an email a while back, but for some reason I couldn't get a reply to you. It was very odd. It is still amazing everytime I see that little guys face.

Iowa - I think the forth of July fireworks were just a little more potenent last year :)

ROYC75
04-10-2001, 09:30 AM
Way to go Jeff.bout time the Morphet showed up !

Congrats to you and your spouse,,,WELCOME Scottie to the Family !!!!!!!

You too John !

Now if we only had a QB !