PDA

View Full Version : Shows to see in Vegas?

Kclee
05-09-2007, 11:08 AM
I haven't been in about 5 years and was wondering which one(s) to see or stay away from. I went to the Blue Man Group last time. I kinda want to go the The Price is Right just for the chance to play PLINKO. And of course all rude, nasty, and sarcastic comments are welcome.

SBK
05-09-2007, 11:09 AM
O

Kclee
05-09-2007, 11:17 AM
O

There seems to be alot of those Cirque du Soleil type shows. They're good? Or do they get kind of boring after a while?

el borracho
05-09-2007, 11:18 AM
I hear that Redrum's mom has a show if you've got a nickle and a spare 1/2 hour.

That's just what I hear.

Easy 6
05-09-2007, 11:21 AM
If he's doing something at the time, Chris Angel would be an excellent show.

Dudes a real freak, makes David Blaine look like the Amazing Kreskin.

bogie
05-09-2007, 11:27 AM
If you enjoy science of the human body, you should go to the Tropicana and see the Bodies exhibition.

Vegas_Dave
05-09-2007, 11:32 AM
I know most of the musicians here in town (as I own the main music store in town). So I have seen pretty much everyone of the shows.

If you like Monty Python's Search for the Holy Grail, then without a doubt, you MUST see the Spamalot show at the Wynn.

Phantom is also amazing. Producers is good but isnt doing as well as the other 2.

Carlota69
05-09-2007, 11:32 AM
Whatever you do--dont see O. Its the most expensive YAWN you will ever have. If you want to see a cirque show see Mystere.

Price is right is a blast and cheap. Carrot Top, believe it or not, is ****ing hilarious. My friends had a headache after the show becasue they laughed so hard. He looks freaky, but he is funny and very very cool.

Bodies is a killer exhibit at the Trop, also not too bad in price.

Stomp is at Planet Hollywood Hotel and from what I hear, it is really good.

Kclee
05-09-2007, 11:39 AM
Thanks, there seems to be alot more shows that I would want to see than I thought. Oddly enough, one of the things I'm pretty anxious for is going to IN N OUT burger. I can't believe that it's been 5 years since I've had a 4X4.

Otter
05-09-2007, 11:45 AM
Went to go see the Rat Pack Tribute last time I was in Las Vegas. If you're a fan of The Rat Pack it's absolute blast. The comedy acts are hilarious, the music is dead on and the crowd was great.

I really need to make it back out Vegas.

Kclee
05-09-2007, 11:47 AM
Whatever you do--dont see O. Its the most expensive YAWN you will ever have. If you want to see a cirque show see Mystere.

Price is right is a blast and cheap. Carrot Top, believe it or not, is ****ing hilarious. My friends had a headache after the show becasue they laughed so hard. He looks freaky, but he is funny and very very cool.

Wow, Carrot Top, serious? I'll take your word for it and consider it. I'm staying at Mandalay Bay so it's pretty close to all these shows. Heh. Now I'm really curious about going to that Carrot Top show. Good to hear about The Price is Right too. Dammit I want to play Plinko!

Sam Hall
05-09-2007, 11:48 AM
always an option, always an option...

Easy 6
05-09-2007, 11:49 AM
Went to go see the Rat Pack Tribute last time I was in Las Vegas. If you're a fan of The Rat Pack it's absolute blast. The comedy acts are hilarious, the music is dead on and the crowd was great.

I really need to make it back out Vegas.

GREAT call, i'd love to see that myself.

Deberg_1990
05-09-2007, 11:50 AM
Wayne Newton has been knockin em dead for years..

Carlota69
05-09-2007, 11:54 AM
I know most of the musicians here in town (as I own the main music store in town). So I have seen pretty much everyone of the shows.

If you like Monty Python's Search for the Holy Grail, then without a doubt, you MUST see the Spamalot show at the Wynn.

Phantom is also amazing. Producers is good but isnt doing as well as the other 2.
What music store?

Katie
05-09-2007, 11:57 AM
Blue Man Group is a definite must! Fabulous show and worth every penny.

I enjoyed the Rat Pack show too (is also less expensive) but the Blue Man show is one everyone should see at least once...

Vegas_Dave
05-09-2007, 12:07 PM
What music store?
Kessler & Sons Music
www.kesslermusic.com (http://www.kesslermusic.com)

I know the show musicians and jazz players. I deal with Wind and Strings instruments... saxophones, flutes, violins... etc...

Carlota69
05-09-2007, 12:07 PM
Kessler & Sons Music
www.kesslermusic.com (http://www.kesslermusic.com)

I know the show musicians and jazz players. I deal with Wind and Strings instruments... saxophones, flutes, violins... etc...
Well...I had no idea...

Vegas_Dave
05-09-2007, 12:13 PM
Well...I had no idea...

Well now you know... and knowing's half the battle!

GI JOOOOEEEEEE!!!!!

Sorry. Was watching Family Guy reruns last night.

vailpass
05-09-2007, 12:40 PM
I saw an excellent 2-girl show in my room last time I was in Vegas.
Contact Vegas Darling Divas and they'll take care of the rest.

sd4chiefs
05-09-2007, 02:09 PM

I saw Spamalot in New York about a month ago. I was great.
I laughed a lot. Blue Man Group is also amazing.

Cochise
05-09-2007, 02:16 PM
Blue Man Group is a definite must! Fabulous show and worth every penny.

I enjoyed the Rat Pack show too (is also less expensive) but the Blue Man show is one everyone should see at least once...

I got to see the Blue Man Group in NYC a few weeks ago, and it was definitely worth it.

I'm not a stage show/theatre kind of guy normally, but it was really cool.

tonyd
05-09-2007, 04:29 PM
This will give you all the shows that are going on in vegas

http://www.lasvegas.com/shows/index.html

Chieftain58
05-09-2007, 07:06 PM
La Femme is cool! Me and my wife went to it $50.00 Burlesque type show

damaticous
05-09-2007, 07:56 PM
I've been a Phantom of the Opera fan for a long time and couldn't pass up the opportunity to see Phantom in Vegas. We spurged for the good seats about 5-6 rows from stage in the center. We both LOVED it! WE made a "formal" night out of it and went to this expensive restaurant in the Venitian too. Between the tickets and dinner it was close to $500. But well worth it and an experience I won't soon forget.

The only thing I would recommend if seeing Phantom is to not sit so close to the stage. After actually experiencing it I think sitting about in the middle of the theater would be the best bet. There's some visual effects that seemed like they would have been easier to see from that vantage point.

We also went to see the Tournament of the Kings. It's an ok show. Different that anything else. It's at the excaliper (spelling)

Otherwise you can always go see the "free" shows. The "buy 2 drinks and get the show for free"...if you wanna go cheaply.

Smed1065
05-09-2007, 08:06 PM
Take an extra $80,000 and ................

Make it rain!

Recommended by 4 out of 4 Pacmans!

Kclee
05-09-2007, 08:15 PM
We also went to see the Tournament of the Kings. It's an ok show. Different that anything else. It's at the excaliper (spelling)

I forgot about that one. I went to this and you're right it was OK.

That's for the ideas everyone, I think you made it harder to choose unless I win big.