PDA

View Full Version : Larry Tynes on the DA Show this morning...no disucssion?

htismaqe
05-09-2007, 01:09 PM
I did a quick search and didn't see a single thread.

It was a REALLY interesting interview, of course, because of the Medlock draft pick.

He said it was his job and that Medlock would have to beat him out.

One particularly interesting thing he said was that he had absolutely no qualms about helping the kid adjust to the NFL. He said there wasn't anything he could teach him that would enable Medlock to beat him out - if he's gonna beat him out, he's gonna beat him out, simple as that. Said the Morten Anderson was really cold to him, felt threatened by him when he came in, he didn't want to be like that to Medlock.

Also, he said everybody on the team recognizes that Brodie Croyle has "it" - the moxie, the swagger.

Donger
05-09-2007, 01:11 PM
We're too busy signing you up to be a mod to bother with football.

Coogs
Good stuff. Especially on the Croyle blurb.

Mecca
Of course Tynes may say that but that 5th round draft pick tells me it's Medlocks job to lose...

chagrin
05-09-2007, 01:14 PM
Croyle has "swagger" because of his wobbly knees

Woodrow Call
05-09-2007, 01:17 PM
Good info. Tynes vs Medlock should be a fun battle to watch. I can't help being excited about the start of the Croyle era.

luv
05-09-2007, 01:18 PM
Good info. Tynes vs Medlock should be a fun battle to watch. I can't help being excited about the start of the Croyle era.
Agreed. Besides a few missed extra points, I thought Tynes did fine last year. I was surprised when we drafted a kicker. How much longer does Tynes have on his contract?

Count Alex's Losses
05-09-2007, 01:20 PM
Hell hath no fury like a Scotsman scorned.

Fish
05-09-2007, 01:20 PM
They'll end up out at a bar and Tynes will punch him in the jaw....

Count Alex's Losses
05-09-2007, 01:21 PM
Agreed. Besides a few missed extra points, I thought Tynes did fine last year.

Tynes only missed one extra point last year.

htismaqe
Agreed. Besides a few missed extra points, I thought Tynes did fine last year. I was surprised when we drafted a kicker. How much longer does Tynes have on his contract?

He signed a 1-year deal for the upcoming season. I didn't know why until this morning - Tynes said they couldn't agree on numbers.

htismaqe
Of course Tynes may say that but that 5th round draft pick tells me it's Medlocks job to lose...

I think even Tynes understands that. It was just interesting to hear how confident he sounded about it.

Easy 6
05-09-2007, 01:22 PM
This just solidifies my respect for our rugged Scot, handling it with total class. I'm pulling for ya Lare.

I'm getting excited about King Kong Brody too, he's got the arm & more importantly, from reading about his upbringing...CHARACTER.

07 is going to be a fun one.

gblowfish
05-09-2007, 01:25 PM
Larry's a putz. I bet this new kid can hit a 24 yarder in a dome..

Mecca
05-09-2007, 01:25 PM
Tynes basically lost the job when he missed a chip shot in a playoff game.........

And he's missed atleast 1 EP in every year.......he's also been complete garbage from 40-49 and tends to always miss a chip shot at a horrid time.

htismaqe
05-09-2007, 01:26 PM
This just solidifies my respect for our rugged Scot, handling it with total class. I'm pulling for ya Lare.

I'm getting excited about King Kong Brody too, he's got the arm & more importantly, from reading about his upbringing...CHARACTER.

07 is going to be a fun one.

Tynes said he's wiry and he's got a rocket arm, in addition to the other stuff he said about him.

Direckshun
He signed a 1-year deal for the upcoming season. I didn't know why until this morning - Tynes said they couldn't agree on numbers.
LOL

I love that Tynes misses that playoff field goal and goes in demanding a payday.

Hats off to Carl for just drafting somebody else.

DMAC
Croyle has "swagger" because of his wabbly kneeshttp://img122.imageshack.us/img122/1750/larrytlm0.jpg

luv
05-09-2007, 01:31 PM
Tynes said he's wiry and he's got a rocket arm, in addition to the other stuff he said about him.
Let's hope he's got a quick release and a rocket arm with good aim.

Easy 6
05-09-2007, 01:35 PM
http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/1750/larrytlm0.jpg

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...REP!!!

"Wouldnt ya say there boyo"...... ROFL

ct
05-09-2007, 01:36 PM
Croyle has "swagger" because of his wabbly knees

I thought it was "Swogger"

Anyway, I still like Tynes' attitude. He could be cryin like a puzzy, but he's not, rather takes the challenge and will fight for his job. We could sure as hell use a few more guys like that.

Easy 6
05-09-2007, 01:37 PM

I've kinda been on the fence for awhile...but fock it, bring on Brody.

Chiefs Pantalones
05-09-2007, 01:38 PM
I heard Croyle can't walk and is in a wheel chair because he's had so many knee operations. They're saving him for training camp, when it really counts, to get him up and throwing.

cmh6476
05-09-2007, 01:38 PM
auditioning for his new team is all

Direckshun
05-09-2007, 01:41 PM
I heard Croyle can't walk and is in a wheel chair because he's had so many knee operations. They're saving him for training camp, when it really counts, to get him up and throwing.
I heard the same, and that LJ's wheeling him around in the pocket while he's trying to find receivers.

All of a sudden he's got great mobility.

CoMoChief
05-09-2007, 02:05 PM
It's Medlock's job to lose. You don't draft a kicker simply just to create competition. Especially since he's the best kicker to come out of the draft.

Chiefnj
05-09-2007, 02:13 PM
Medlock is in the same situation as Brodie. As long as Herm doesn't catch either one banging his wife they will have a starting job.

Otter
05-09-2007, 02:16 PM
I really needed a new avatar. Thx hits!

I'll send you a neutral rep with a compliment in the text.

Count Alex's Losses
05-09-2007, 02:17 PM
Honestly, you guys know I'm not happy about this, but it sounds like whatever happens, we'll get a DAMN good kicker out of the deal.

crazycoffey
05-09-2007, 02:19 PM
"Larry" Tynes? I hadn't heard that before. Does he go by Larry or is that some sort of Planet Lexicon?

Mr. Flopnuts
05-09-2007, 02:21 PM
"Larry" Tynes? I hadn't heard that before. Does he go by Larry or is that some sort of Planet Lexicon?

He started off going by Lerxst. When he found out that was taken already he switched to Larry.

Fruit Ninja
05-09-2007, 02:23 PM
Priest hald wobbly knees too and didnt have it huh?

Fruit Ninja
05-09-2007, 02:25 PM
I think thats what they are pissed about. Him missing the shots that should be 99.999 percent accuracy. I think that Missed short chip shot in the post season is what sealed his fate.

Fruit Ninja
05-09-2007, 02:26 PM
I think even Tynes understands that. It was just interesting to hear how confident he sounded about it.
He's always been confident, i remember one offseason he said the only better kicker then him was Adamn Vin. I cant spell his lastname lol

SNR
05-09-2007, 02:33 PM

Anyway, I still like Tynes' attitude. He could be cryin like a puzzy, but he's not, rather takes the challenge and will fight for his job. We could sure as hell use a few more guys like that.Agreed! Couldn't stand it at all when Wesley was bitching about losing his lost job.

I'll be sad to see Tynes go. I've always had a thing for bull-headed kickers, especially Scottish ones. But best man for the job. If Medlock beats out Tynes, it's gotta be that way.

TinyEvel
05-09-2007, 02:42 PM
Bring on Brodie!

Did Tynes talk about what it was like to punch out the winner of the Chicago Marathon?

bsp4444
05-09-2007, 02:44 PM

I remember another QB from the University of Alabama that could hardly walk...Joe Namath. He did ok.

Easy 6
05-09-2007, 02:51 PM
Bring on Brodie!

Did Tynes talk about what it was like to punch out the winner of the Chicago Marathon?

HEE, for some reason these Tynes shots are killing me today...i think its the way he's EXULTANTLY running off in victory.

CoMoChief
05-09-2007, 02:52 PM
Honestly, you guys know I'm not happy about this, but it sounds like whatever happens, we'll get a DAMN good kicker out of the deal.

I dont understand your love obsession with Tynes. You seem to be the only one here (ok maybe a few) that thinks he's a good kicker.

DMAC
05-09-2007, 02:53 PM
HEE, for some reason these Tynes shots are killing me today...i think its the way he's EXULTANTLY running off in victory.
These could get as internet popular as the beer looter dude.

Keep going with this, TinyE.

Dave Lane
05-09-2007, 02:53 PM

No but he knows its going to be the "stagger" after getting sacked 347 times this year.

Dave

Mr. Flopnuts
05-09-2007, 02:55 PM
I dont understand your love obsession with Tynes. You seem to be the only one here (ok maybe a few) that thinks he's a good kicker.

He doesn't think he's a great kicker. His parents just want him to be with another Scot.

Fish
05-09-2007, 02:57 PM
I've always had a thing for bull-headed kickers, especially Scottish ones.

What other bull-headed Scottish kickers have you had a thing for? I was unaware bull-headed Scottish kickers were in abundance these days....

chagrin
05-09-2007, 03:13 PM

Anyway, I still like Tynes' attitude. He could be cryin like a puzzy, but he's not, rather takes the challenge and will fight for his job. We could sure as hell use a few more guys like that.

I like Tynes also, he's young and kickers don't all come out of the gate 100%. I still remember him making a pretty critical kick against San Diego in swirling winds from 47, 52. He needs work but he'll be okay. However drafting a guy that's supposedly this good is a pretty good thing as well.

Sorry about the Wabbly, haven't used that word in a while, i corrected it.

chagrin
05-09-2007, 03:20 PM
Priest hald wobbly knees too and didnt have it huh?

Never thought I'd say this, but geesus people lighten up - can't take a friggin joke?

chagrin
05-09-2007, 03:22 PM
blah blah

Mr. Flopnuts
05-09-2007, 03:22 PM
COME BACK, OR I SHALL FART IN YOUR GENERAL DIRECTION.

chagrin
05-09-2007, 03:27 PM
COME BACK, OR I SHALL FART IN YOUR GENERAL DIRECTION.

Excellent, what a great film

HemiEd
05-09-2007, 03:49 PM
I like how Larry is handling the competition a lot better than Trent.

htismaqe
05-09-2007, 04:48 PM
No but he knows its going to be the "stagger" after getting sacked 347 times this year.

Dave

Jordan Black plays for the Texans.

Direckshun
05-09-2007, 05:09 PM
GREAT point.

Slick32
05-09-2007, 05:28 PM
I don't know who will kick this year, but I seem to remember that Lin Elliott was pretty much thought to be a good kicker when we signed him and we all know how he turned out.

I just hope that whomever we keep that they are consistent and not in the same way Elliott was.

Fruit Ninja
05-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Yep, Trent think he has earned a starting job. If he was so confident in his skills as a quarterback, he would come to camp and compete for the starting job. All this proves to me is that Brodie is alot closer to bieng ready then we think he is. I think Trent knows something we dont.

KCinNY
05-09-2007, 05:55 PM
LOL

I love that Tynes misses that playoff field goal and goes in demanding a payday.

Hats off to Carl for just drafting somebody else.
Yep.

Missing dome chip shots in the playoffs can't happen....ever.

The weeding out of Vermeil wussies continues.

the Talking Can
05-09-2007, 06:00 PM
Bring on Brodie!

awesome, just awesome

Smed1065
05-09-2007, 09:00 PM
I don't know who will kick this year, but I seem to remember that the kicker that shall go unamed was pretty much thought to be a good kicker when we signed him and we all know how he turned out.

I just hope that whomever we keep that they are consistent and not in the same way Elliott was.

INSTANT BAN!

Smed1065
05-09-2007, 09:01 PM
At least Dv did not rub off on him................

Yet, until he gets booted.

cdcox
05-22-2007, 02:21 PM
He said it was his job and that Medlock would have to beat him out.

That didn't take long.

HemiEd
05-22-2007, 03:09 PM
That didn't take long.
ROFL

Easy 6
05-22-2007, 03:16 PM
So long Lare, it was nice knowin' ya.

He missed an utterly worthless FG in the playoffs, so what, that loss wasnt even CLOSE to being his fault.

He was worth his time here for the BOMB he dropped on Eggo alone.

I sure hope Medlock is a lock...

Planetman
05-22-2007, 03:19 PM
Maybe Carl wanted a kicker that would stop picking on bouncers in bars.

Cave Johnson
05-22-2007, 04:18 PM
So long Lare, it was nice knowin' ya.

He missed an utterly worthless FG in the playoffs, so what, that loss wasnt even CLOSE to being his fault.

He was worth his time here for the BOMB he dropped on Eggo alone.

I sure hope Medlock is a lock...

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one, Scott. That FG miss was a huge momentum killer.

Watch out for the door, Larry.