PDA

View Full Version : Paris taking it to the guvnah...lol

Pages : [1] 2

luv
05-09-2007, 02:27 PM
Paris' To-Do List: Ask for Pardon, Rehire Publicist
By by Gina Serpe
Today at 12:53 am

Paris Hilton tried telling it to the judge. Now she's taking her case to a higher power: Arnold Schwarzenegger.

The Simple Life star has opted to go grassroots in her quest for freedom, urging supporters via her MySpace page to sign an online petition addressed to the Governator seeking a pardon from her 45-day jail sentence for a probation violation.

"My friend Joshua started this petition, please help and sihn it," the spellcheck-challenged Hilton wrote on her MySpace blog. "i LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!"

The petition, looking to appeal to "all fans and supporters and all that are outraged by injustice," describes Hilton as someone who "provides hope for young people all over the U.S. and the world. She provides beauty and excitement to [most of] our otherwise mundane lives."

In exchange for her global good deeds, the petition contends, she should not be locked up.

"Please allow her to return to her career and life," the petition reads. "Everyone makes mistakes. She didn't hurt or kill anyone, and she has learned her lesson...She is distraught and understandably afraid."

The petition refers to the heiress' DUI bust last September as a "mortal error." She eventually pleaded no contest to a reduced charge of alcohol-induced reckless driving and had her license suspended; a February traffic stop resulted in the probation violation charge that earned her 45 days in the clink.

But the petition asks Schwarzenegger to pardon Hilton, arguing that the socialite's follies paled in comparison to other infamous ne'er-do-wells.

"If the late Former President Gerald Ford could find it in his heart to pardon the late Former President Richard Nixon after his mistake(s), we undeniably support Paris Hilton being pardoned for her honest mistake as well, and we hope and expect The Governor will understand and grant this unusual but important request in good faith to Ms. Paris Whitney Hilton."

As it is, Schwarzenegger's office has yet to receive the petition, though is aware of it, and will wait until Hilton has exhausted the proper legal recourse before deciding whether to step in on her justice-seeking behalf.

"We'll treat this as we would any other case of this nature, but it would be premature for the government to get involved until the individual has exhausted his or her judicial remedies," the governor's spokesperson, Aaron McLear, told the Associated Press.

Rest of story at http://tv.yahoo.com/news/article/urn:newsml:tv.eonline.com:20070509:5aacb58399e7_4ed9_957b_847fa56f135d__ER:1

Easy 6
05-09-2007, 02:28 PM
A month & a half in jail would be the best thing that EVER happened to this chick.

She needs a dose of humility & pronto.

Otter
05-09-2007, 02:29 PM
Where do I sign up to support the effort to send her for jail for three months and knock that **** down a notch or two?

Pitt Gorilla
05-09-2007, 02:30 PM
:shake:

It appears that she hasn't learned anything.

Fruit Ninja
05-09-2007, 02:30 PM
Honestly, she needs to be in there for her 45 days. Maybe this will open her eyes, that she's not above the law. If they get this crap somehow reversed, she will still think she is untouchable.

greg63
05-09-2007, 02:31 PM
She is ridiculous. :shake:

Pestilence
05-09-2007, 02:31 PM
I find it funny....that she thinks that this might work. If Arnold pardons her....everyone in California will be calling for his head.

Sure-Oz
05-09-2007, 02:32 PM
The bitch needs to get served while her ass is stomped on the yard

Mr. Flopnuts
05-09-2007, 02:33 PM
LMAO Someone just got a picture of that bitch driving her car YESTERDAY!!!!! I'll find a link.

Radar Chief
05-09-2007, 02:34 PM
Where do I sign up to support the effort to send her for jail for three months and knock that **** down a notch or two?

That’s what I’m wondering.
Who’s going to start a “Send that candy azz to prison” petition? I’d “sihn” it.

greg63
Honestly, she needs to be in there for her 45 days. Maybe this will open her eyes, that she's not above the law. If they get this crap somehow reversed, she will still think she is untouchable.

Agreed! From what I understand the judge could have been even more stringent.

Stinger
LMAO

Looks like the people are speaking ... a jail Paris petition is leading it looks like.

Jail Paris Hilton Signatures | Total: 24,407
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/jailparishilton/index.html

FREE PARIS HILTON Signatures | Total: 15,115
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/PH21781/

Radar Chief
05-09-2007, 02:35 PM
:shake:

It appears that she hasn't learned anything.

‘Cept, maybe, how to whine her way out of trouble.

Easy 6
05-09-2007, 02:35 PM
The best part..."she provides hope to young girls everywhere"...yep, we can ALL only hope to be born billionaires with the common wisdom of a turnip.

Or..."she provides beauty & excitement to our otherwise mundane lives", good Lord in Heaven...is America REALLY this dumb & starved for "glamour"???

Fish
05-09-2007, 02:36 PM
In exchange for her global good deeds

WTF? Global good deeds?

This spoiled bitch has never cared for anything but herself. She thinks she's too good for jail. Anybody but a celebrity in the exact situation would already be in the clink doin their time.

Bitch should be deported...

greg63
05-09-2007, 02:37 PM
I find it funny....that she thinks that this might work. If Arnold pardons her....everyone in California will be calling for his head.

She's playing the "one celebrity to another" card.

luv
05-09-2007, 02:38 PM
"The petition, looking to appeal to "all fans and supporters and all that are outraged by injustice," describes Hilton as someone who "provides hope for young people all over the U.S. and the world. She provides beauty and excitement to [most of] our otherwise mundane lives."

ROFL

DenverChief
05-09-2007, 02:38 PM
do we really need another obnoxious lesbian? I mean what do you think is gonna happen to her in jail?

greg63
05-09-2007, 02:39 PM
"The petition, looking to appeal to "all fans and supporters and all that are outraged by injustice," describes Hilton as someone who "provides hope for young people all over the U.S. and the world. She provides beauty and excitement to [most of] our otherwise mundane lives."

ROFL

OMG!!!!!

Oh yeah; we should all bask in her glory!

:LOL:

Radar Chief
05-09-2007, 02:40 PM
LMAO

Looks like the people are speaking ... a jail Paris petition is leading it looks like.

Guess I have my answer.
I “sihned” it. ;)

TinyEvel
05-09-2007, 02:41 PM
What a gunt.
Send in Tynes!

greg63
05-09-2007, 02:41 PM
do we really need another obnoxious lesbian? I mean what do you think is gonna happen to her in jail?

Jail would be good enough for Jane Q Public.

Easy 6
05-09-2007, 02:42 PM
MAN!!!

I just cant get over the hutzpah of saying "our mundane lives"...it REALLY pisses me off.

Make it 6 months.

Easy 6
05-09-2007, 02:43 PM
What a gunt.
Send in Tynes!

HA!!!

Good call E.

greg63
05-09-2007, 02:44 PM
MAN!!!

I just cant get over the hutzpah of saying "our mundane lives"...it REALLY pisses me off.

Make it 6 months.

She really does think that she is some kind of goddess.

Carlota69
I think it would be funny if she became some big ol bulldykes love slave, lets call her Bertha, who would exchange sexual favors, from Ms. Hilton herself, for shit like a cartons of cigarettes, or extra sporks...

Direckshun
There is nothing about this that I do not like.

Eric
05-09-2007, 02:45 PM
I hope she gets oreo'd by some hot black chicks who wont taker her sh**.

Mecca
05-09-2007, 02:45 PM
I know people that have actually done exactly what she did that didn't get any jail time.....hell I know a guy with 5 DUI's that got no jail time so I can see why she would think this is a bit over the top.

Sure-Oz
05-09-2007, 02:47 PM
I know people that have actually done exactly what she did that didn't get any jail time.....hell I know a guy with 5 DUI's that got no jail time so I can see why she would think this is a bit over the top.
5? and how does that happen?

Mr. Flopnuts
05-09-2007, 02:47 PM

Before someone comes in and says Mecca is just trying to go against the grain AGAIN, I also have a friend who had 8 driving on a suspended license tickets that didn't do more than a week in county jail.

greg63
05-09-2007, 02:48 PM
Yet, Paris Hilton did not hurt, injure, or kill anyone or anything, and yet she must do jail time.

neither has many others who are guilty of the same thing yet had to deal with the consequences of their actions.

luv
05-09-2007, 02:49 PM
At this point, she's not going to jail for DUI's. She's going to jail for violating her probation.

Mecca
05-09-2007, 02:49 PM
5? and how does that happen?

I'd honestly like to know that myself.........I know a guy with 5, a guy with 3......another guy with 2 none of them have ever served a day in jail.

Mecca
05-09-2007, 02:50 PM
At this point, she's not going to jail for DUI's. She's going to jail for violating her probation.

The judge is trying to make an example of her because she's famous.....a regular person would get a fine for this and nothing else.

luv
05-09-2007, 02:51 PM
The judge is trying to make an example of her because she's famous.....a regular person would get a fine for this and nothing else.
Bullshit.

Fruit Ninja
The Judge did this simply to teach her a lesson. could he have not gave her time?probably, but i think he thought it was in HER best interest and she needed to come back down to reality. She is not above the law. *props to the judge for bieng brave enough to do this.

DMAC
I'd like to be the warden at that jail...you'd get yourself one heck of a knob slobber.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-09-2007, 02:52 PM
Bullshit.

I don't think that if it was Jane Q Public she would've been given 45 days, with no home detention, or paying for a better facility options. I think this judge watches too much Entertainment Tonight and just doesn't like Paris. Which is fine by me, it's not like injustice has never happened to anyone before. She's just getting attention because it usually doesn't happen in a negative way for people with money. They're usually getting away with shit, not being shitcanned for it.

Hound333
05-09-2007, 02:53 PM
Actually Mecca is right. I know a guy that had two DUI's when driving on a suspended from a previous DUI. Somehow he never gets jail time. He needs to bad though. He does have to wear a braclet now though to monitor where he goes lol. I would love Paris to end up with the ultimate paparazzi following her every move with an electronic locator.

Fruit Ninja
I'd like to be the warden at that jail...you'd get yourself one heck of a knob slobber.
**** a knobber slobber, i dont think she's pretty, but i would definatley try to knock that broad up. LOL Girls can do it, why cant guys haha.

Fish

Interesting... I have a friend who happens to be a regular person... and he was in the same situation, DUI, violated probation, and he did his jail time.

luv
05-09-2007, 02:55 PM
I don't think that if it was Jane Q Public she would've been given 45 days, with no home detention, or paying for a better facility options. I think this judge watches too much Entertainment Tonight and just doesn't like Paris. Which is fine by me, it's not like injustice has never happened to anyone before. She's just getting attention because it usually doesn't happen in a negative way for people with money. They're usually getting away with shit, not being shitcanned for it.
Whenever you get probation, you are told what to do along with the consequences of notdoing what you're told. She knew the consequence would be 45 days in jail. She chose to violate her probation, and now she's saying the consequence are too harsh.

vailpass
05-09-2007, 02:55 PM

Right here: http://www.petitiononline.com/ph123/petition.html

To: Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
TO: The Honorable Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Governor's Office
Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
State Capitol Building
Sacramento, CA 95814;
and any and all interested governmental officials or agencies.

WHEREAS: It has come to our attention that certain individuals have organized online petitions defending the actions of a certain "celebrity," Paris Hilton, and requesting that Governor Schwarzenegger intervene to prevent Ms. Hilton from serving the 45 day sentence recently imposed upon her by Judge Michael T. Sauer in Los Angeles County Superior Court.

WHEREAS: The conduct of Ms. Hilton throughout the events leading up to her sentence has offended our sense of justice and civic responsibility, we hereby sign the instant petition in support of the sentence imposed by Judge Sauer and accordingly urge Governor Schwarzenegger to support the sentence of Ms. Hilton and refrain from intervention of any kind.

SALIENT FACTS SUPPORTING OUR PETITION INCLUDE:

On or about September 7, 2006, Ms. Hilton was arrested for suspicion of driving under the influence. Hours later, in an interview on Ryan Seacrest's radio show, Ms. Hilton says of the arrest that "It was nothing." [Source: MSNBC]

On or about January 22, 2007, Ms. Hilton plead no contest to charges of alcohol-related reckless driving, and was fined and placed on 36 months of probation. [Source: MSNBC]

On or about February 27, 2007, Ms. Hilton was pulled over for speeding at double the speed limit down Sunset Boulevard at night without headlights. She was arrested for driving on a suspended license. This was also a violation of the terms of her probation. [Sources: TMZ/TMZ]

IT IS HEREBY DECLARED:

That the undersigned do not condone the conduct of Ms. Hilton and respectfully request that the 45-day sentence be upheld and that Ms. Hilton's attitude that she is "above the law" not be rewarded. Being rich or a "celebrity" should not be an excuse to flout the rule of law that the rest of us must obey.

Via: IDontLikeYouInThatWay.com

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

DenverChief
05-09-2007, 02:56 PM
Jail would be good enough for Jane Q Public.

Jane Q won't be plastering her face on TV afterwards either

Hound333
05-09-2007, 02:56 PM
Interesting... I have a friend who happens to be a regular person... and he was in the same situation, DUI, violated probation, and he did his jail time.

It depends judge to judge. Sometimes I think it depends on whether or not the judge got some last night. He must have gotten a judge that wasn't in a good mood.

Mecca
05-09-2007, 02:58 PM
Whenever you get probation, you are told what to do along with the consequences of notdoing what you're told. She knew the consequence would be 45 days in jail. She chose to violate her probation, and now she's saying the consequence are too harsh.

I'm just saying........99% of the time this doesn't happen.......I cited examples.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-09-2007, 02:59 PM

I had no idea about the probation violation being explained ahead of time. How did you? LMAO J/K I think it's harsh for the crime committed. As far as her probation violation goes, that's fair game. Why though, is she not being presented with the option of choosing her own jail? They let people in CA with money do that all the time. Again, I don't care. She is getting what she has earned. I just don't think the judge is completely innocent of having an unbiased opinion here.

cadmonkey
05-09-2007, 02:59 PM

...right, an example to the rest of the people who feel because they have money and think they can do what ever the f*ck they want. By sticking her pompous ass in jail maybe the rest of the dopes will smarten up.

luv
05-09-2007, 03:00 PM
I had no idea about the probation violation being explained ahead of time. How did you? LMAO J/K.
My brother.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-09-2007, 03:01 PM
My brother.

It was just a joke........ I figured you heard it in the news. Quit ruining my horrible attempt at fun.

chagrin
05-09-2007, 03:02 PM
ah, I see - a violation driving without a license. 45 days seems a bit much but Judges usually do not like someone making them look bad, same judge?

Mecca
05-09-2007, 03:03 PM
You need 4 more to catch this friend of mine and he still lives his life exactly the same way as before........seems odd.

greg63
05-09-2007, 03:03 PM
Jane Q won't be plastering her face on TV afterwards either

So that makes her special how???

Sure-Oz
05-09-2007, 03:04 PM
You need 4 more to catch this friend of mine and he still lives his life exactly the same way as before........seems odd.
Seems like those types always seem to find a way to get away with it. I know a few that got DUI's and it ruined their life for a year or 2, calling numbers all the time, seeing probation officer, no license, etc. Insane how many chances your friend has gotten.

Pitt Gorilla
05-09-2007, 03:04 PM
Harsh? If it is allowed by the law, how can the ruling be considered harsh?

Starbux37
05-09-2007, 03:07 PM
For some strange reason I get the feeling that Paris will get some kind of book deal after this is all said and done. What's even worse is knowing that some idiots will buy the damned thing if she does.

greg63
05-09-2007, 03:07 PM
Harsh? If it is allowed by the law, how can the ruling be considered harsh?

Because it's Paris. :rolleyes:

OnTheWarpath58
05-09-2007, 03:08 PM
She knew the terms of the probation agreement, and like the spoiled little bitch that she is, violated it anyway. She probably assumed she could buy her way out of any trouble.....

Too bad the Governor doesn't have the power to max out the sentence for being a whiney little bitch.....

Memo to Paris and others like her:

Quit breaking the ****ing law, and you won't have to deal with these issues.

greg63
05-09-2007, 03:08 PM
For some strange reason I get the feeling that Paris will get some kind of book deal after this is all said and done. What's even worse is knowing that some idiots will buy the damned thing if she does.

This is a foregone conclusion.

greg63
05-09-2007, 03:12 PM
She knew the terms of the probation agreement, and like the spoiled little bitch that she is, violated it anyway. She probably assumed she could buy her way out of any trouble.....

Too bad the Governor doesn't have the power to max out the sentence for being a whiney little bitch.....

Memo to Paris and others like her:

Quit breaking the ****ing law, and you won't have to deal with these issues.

Well said!

unothadeal
05-09-2007, 03:18 PM
Paris Hilton tried telling it to the judge. Now she's taking her case to a higher power: Arnold Schwarzenegger
LMAO

chasedude
05-09-2007, 03:24 PM

Either that or some kind of Reality spin off show. Or maybe she'll do some bondage S&M pron now, her possibilities are endless.

dirk digler
05-09-2007, 03:24 PM

Who cares I hope some big fat hog kicks her teeth in

OnTheWarpath58
05-09-2007, 03:26 PM
Paris boo-hoo'ing in a car leaving her lawyer's office.

Love this blog.....

The New York Post quotes a spokesman for the L.A. County Sheriff’s Department who says it is "highly unlikely" that Paris Hilton will serve her full 45-day sentence. At most she may serve 23 days or maybe as little as 4 to 5 days.

If she gets out in 4 days when she was supposed to do 45, we better ramp up the terror to make it feel like 45. Like, instead of putting her in a cell by herself, we lock her in a trash can with rattlesnakes. And every now and then we drop in some firecrackers. We won't tell her when because it will ruin the surprise.

http://www.wwtdd.com/index.phtml?t=PARIS+HILTON

Mecca
05-09-2007, 03:35 PM
I bet if a camera followed any of us around when we were her age they'd find us doing all sorta stupid shit too........hell maybe even today for that matter.

I do however find it funny how many people hate her when well alot of us have done the exact same shit.

Easy 6
05-09-2007, 03:37 PM
I bet if a camera followed any of us around when we were her age they'd find us doing all sorta stupid shit too........hell maybe even today for that matter.

I do however find it funny how many people hate her when well alot of us have done the exact same shit.

Your right about that & i bet a lot of us that did stupid shit in our youth, now realize that a month & 1/2 in jail would have been just the ticket to straighten our asses out.

DenverChief
05-09-2007, 03:39 PM
So that makes her special how???

I didn't say it made her special I sad it made her obnoxious

Mr. Flopnuts
05-09-2007, 03:39 PM
Your right about that & i bet a lot of us that did stupid shit in our youth, now realize that a month & 1/2 in jail would have been just the ticket to straighten our asses out.

Maybe. But my ass is straightened out now, and I am sure glad I didn't have to go to jail to have it done.

greg63
05-09-2007, 03:41 PM

I don't know her well enough to like or dislike her; I just find it all incredibly presumptuous on her part.

Mecca
05-09-2007, 03:42 PM
I don't know her well enough to like or dislike her; I just find it all incredibly presumptuous on her part.

I'd be doing every single thing I could to get out of going to jail......

Easy 6
05-09-2007, 03:44 PM
Maybe. But my ass is straightened out now, and I am sure glad I didn't have to go to jail to have it done.

Agreed 100%

Anyway, its not like shes going to be in some danger...theres no way in hell that jail is going to risk her getting whupped or let some hard inmate slip a hand in her jumpsuit, the press would be ALL over it.

She needs this shit.

Baby Lee
I think it would be funny if she became some big ol bulldykes love slave, lets call her Bertha, who would exchange sexual favors, from Ms. Hilton herself, for shit like a cartons of cigarettes, or extra sporks...
Ah yeah, SCISSOR!!!

greg63
I didn't say it made her special I sad it made her obnoxious

Well with that you and I are in agreement; I still, however, think she needs to do the time. IMO

OnTheWarpath58
05-09-2007, 03:46 PM
I'd be doing every single thing I could to get out of going to jail......

She could have started by not breaking the law........repeatedly.

You're not gonna get much compassion from a judge that you've basically said "**** off" to by continually ignoring the probation agreement.

dirk digler
05-09-2007, 03:47 PM

She is 26 not 17. No excuses. She knew better and now she is pissed because she got caught.

People hate her because she is a snobby, stuck up rich girl that thinks she is better than anyone else.

Mecca
05-09-2007, 03:49 PM
She is 26 not 17. No excuses. She knew better and now she is pissed because she got caught.

People hate her because she is a snobby, stuck up rich girl that thinks she is better than anyone else.

Well some people around here say the same shit about me.......

dirk digler
05-09-2007, 03:52 PM
Well some people around here say the same shit about me.......

You're a snobby stuck up rich girl? It must be the hair

:)

Mecca
05-09-2007, 03:53 PM
You're a snobby stuck up rich girl? It must be the hair

LOL not the girl part.............

cmon in that other thread I got......."you'd rename the site better than you planet"

DaneMcCloud
05-09-2007, 03:54 PM

Yeah, I did stupid stuff like drinking and driving in high school (dirt roads and undeveloped properties - not in the city), had a massive amount of unprotected sex (just like Paris) and did other stupid stuff. But I didn't need JAIL to grow up. Just life experience.

If I had gone to jail for 45 days, that's probably something I'd never be able to recover from for various reasons. And 45 days for a suspended license charge? Come on. Four days? Fine. But 45? Didn't Jared Allen do 5 days for a SECOND DUI?

dirk digler
05-09-2007, 03:59 PM

cmon in that other thread I got......."you'd rename the site better than you planet"

Ok you were confusing me there

StcChief
05-09-2007, 04:01 PM
LMAO

Ipetitions wants a donation after.... :banghead:

Mr. Flopnuts
05-09-2007, 04:02 PM

LMAO How could you possibly take anything I say seriously. I barely even know you, but have had some decent conversations with you. It was just another one of my stupid jokes. I have a million of them.

Mecca
05-09-2007, 04:06 PM
LMAO How could you possibly take anything I say seriously. I barely even know you, but have had some decent conversations with you. It was just another one of my stupid jokes. I have a million of them.

There are some people here who really do think that about me though....

Easy 6
05-09-2007, 04:06 PM
Yeah, I did stupid stuff like drinking and driving in high school (dirt roads and undeveloped properties - not in the city), had a massive amount of unprotected sex (just like Paris) and did other stupid stuff. But I didn't need JAIL to grow up. Just life experience.

If I had gone to jail for 45 days, that's probably something I'd never be able to recover from for various reasons. And 45 days for a suspended license charge? Come on. Four days? Fine. But 45? Didn't Jared Allen do 5 days for a SECOND DUI?

Glad to hear you were like me & atleast kept your drunk driving to the country roads, but do you really think 45 days would have ruined ya??? Its not all that long...

Could she have gotten less time???...sure, like Jared & other peoples stories on this thread, its happened. But this girls outrageous sense of entitlement & celebs in general getting off easy is what everyone is tired of.

I mean, what career is there for her to ruin??? She's gonna get more publicity & adoration for this than any sex vid.

I honestly try to have a heart for people in tough spots, its just VERY hard to feel sorry for this girl Dane.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-09-2007, 04:08 PM
There are some people here who really do think that about me though....

I know, that's why I made the joke. You just referenced my joke, instead of something substantial.

Skip Towne
05-09-2007, 04:09 PM
It sounds like she needs "Iron Therapy".

Cochise
05-09-2007, 04:09 PM
My who-gives-a-sh#t-o-meter is pegged

sedated
05-09-2007, 04:11 PM
someone needs to off this bitch

make the world a better place

BucEyedPea
05-09-2007, 04:21 PM
What a spoiled BRAT! The governor???? ROFL
She needs to go through with this because she could wind up killing someone accidently let alone be dead herself.

DaneMcCloud
05-09-2007, 04:32 PM
Glad to hear you were like me & atleast kept your drunk driving to the country roads, but do you really think 45 days would have ruined ya??? Its not all that long...

Could she have gotten less time???...sure, like Jared & other peoples stories on this thread, its happened. But this girls outrageous sense of entitlement & celebs in general getting off easy is what everyone is tired of.

I mean, what career is there for her to ruin??? She's gonna get more publicity & adoration for this than any sex vid.

I honestly try to have a heart for people in tough spots, its just VERY hard to feel sorry for this girl Dane.

My drinking and driving ended at age 19 when I got a DUI. Over, end of story. Cabs ever since. Too expensive (not to mention, dangerous and stupid).

Yes, I think 45 days in jail would have seriously screwed me up, especially at that age. I didn't hang around "tough guys" and criminals. I've never shot a gun. I don't hunt. I'm not the "rugged, outdoorsman" type. I loved sports throughout my childhood but was never focused enough (or even had the ability) to play professional sports. I've never done drugs, I've never smoked and I've never struck a woman. Up until March 2007, I've either had coke-bottle glasses or contacts because I was legally blind until I had Lasik. I was a very sheltered Overland Park kid. Hell, the first time I tried to move to LA, I was so disgusted and freaked out by this city I went back to OP after a week!

Now, I'm far from physically fragile at 6'1, 210 pounds (and I work out several times a week) but back then I was 6'1 and probably 165-170 with little to no upper body muscle mass. And even though I knew how to fight other kids my age, I'm sure some street tough criminal would have kicked the living sh*t out of me (especially since I probably wouldn't be able to see him).

Do I think that 3-5 days in the West Hollywood Sheriff's department jail would be bad for Paris Hilton? Probably not. But 45 days at Parker Center would be extremely excessive IMO.

And FWIW, wealthy people get off every day for crimes far more serious than Ms. Hilton's. I know that it can be annoying to see her in the television constantly but I'm sure we all know girls (and guys) just like her but the difference is that they aren't constantly in the spot light.

Bottom line for me is that she should do a minimum sentence so that she understands that disobeying the law can have heavy consequences. But 45 days is just too excessive in order to get that point across.

Oh Snap
05-09-2007, 04:49 PM
I bet she still gets special treatment in jail..

Oh Snap
05-09-2007, 04:52 PM

but he wasnt driving while under the influence with his lights turned off driving 70mph in the on coming lane...

Coach
05-09-2007, 04:55 PM
It's a good thing that I'm not a judge, or if I was, and if I was presiding it, I would say "Gimmie a f**king break. She's being singled out becuase she BROKE THE LAW! DUI isn't a laughing matter, and later, driving on a suspended license isn't the brightest ideas.

Jesus, the woman makes alot of money. Common sense tells me that if you make lots and lots of money, and you have a suspended license, go get a f**king limo or a cab."

Of course, I would say it profesionally and not what I said above, but along the lines.

And I would tell that lawyer "What grounds of appeal is there? She violated probation, end of story. Motion denied."

kstater
05-09-2007, 04:59 PM
And I would tell that lawyer "What grounds of appeal is there? She violated probation, end of story. Motion denied."

EXACTLY, when she signed her plea agreement for the DUI, it layed out in no uncerctain terms, what the sentence would be for VIOLATING her probation. She did VIOLATE her probation and now must serve the sentence SHE agreed to through her plea agreement. What possible grounds of appeal could she possibly have?

And comparing herself to the pardon of Nixon? Please.

Easy 6
05-09-2007, 05:00 PM
My drinking and driving ended at age 19 when I got a DUI. Over, end of story. Cabs ever since. Too expensive (not to mention, dangerous and stupid).

Yes, I think 45 days in jail would have seriously screwed me up, especially at that age. I didn't hang around "tough guys" and criminals. I've never shot a gun. I don't hunt. I'm not the "rugged, outdoorsman" type. I loved sports throughout my childhood but was never focused enough (or even had the ability) to play professional sports. I've never done drugs, I've never smoked and I've never struck a woman. Up until March 2007, I've either had coke-bottle glasses or contacts because I was legally blind until I had Lasik. I was a very sheltered Overland Park kid. Hell, the first time I tried to move to LA, I was so disgusted and freaked out by this city I went back to OP after a week!

Now, I'm far from physically fragile at 6'1, 210 pounds (and I work out several times a week) but back then I was 6'1 and probably 165-170 with little to no upper body muscle mass. And even though I knew how to fight other kids my age, I'm sure some street tough criminal would have kicked the living sh*t out of me (especially since I probably wouldn't be able to see him).

Do I think that 3-5 days in the West Hollywood Sheriff's department jail would be bad for Paris Hilton? Probably not. But 45 days at Parker Center would be extremely excessive IMO.

And FWIW, wealthy people get off every day for crimes far more serious than Ms. Hilton's. I know that it can be annoying to see her in the television constantly but I'm sure we all know girls (and guys) just like her but the difference is that they aren't constantly in the spot light.

Bottom line for me is that she should do a minimum sentence so that she understands that disobeying the law can have heavy consequences. But 45 days is just too excessive in order to get that point across.

You pencil necked geek... :p

Whatever happens, we will certainly be kept informed every 30 seconds by every media outlet & HAM radio operator in America.

Oh Snap
05-09-2007, 05:03 PM
ceberitys in america have become a total joke today. this hilton has no talents and is a scraggly cum dispenser!.

stevieray
05-09-2007, 05:06 PM
we're doomed...dooomed...

Cochise
05-09-2007, 05:09 PM
You pencil necked geek... :p

Whatever happens, we will certainly be kept informed every 30 seconds by every media outlet & HAM radio operator in America.

...and a new thread about it on ChiefsPlanet...

luv
05-09-2007, 05:21 PM
...and a new thread about it on ChiefsPlanet...
Hey look. It's Saulbadguy, Jr.

InChiefsHell
05-09-2007, 05:35 PM
My .02 is, yeah, lots of people get less time for this type of stuff, especially celebrities...but that doesn't make it RIGHT! Maybe coming down hard on Ms. Prissy will send a message to the rest of the elitist pigs out there, and maybe around the whole country, that you are not any better than anyone else. Do the crime, do the time as agreed to.

...adding value to our mundane lives indeed...it goes to show that she and others like her live in a total fantasy world. She really believes that the nation loves her and that people will not stand for this, because they can't bear to see poor little Paris in jail...it would be too hard on OUR poor little mundane psyches...

I have no words to describe my loathing for what Paris is and represents. I hope she goes to jail and gains some perspective. I try to pray for people like her, so I'll just say I'm praying that she gets some sense knocked into her head and does something positive with her life.

...her parents are just as much to blame. Talk about spoiled blind... :shake:

greg63
05-09-2007, 06:01 PM
My .02...

:thumb:

That would be rep, but I've given out too much. :banghead:

Baby Lee
05-09-2007, 06:05 PM
She really believes that the nation loves her and that people will not stand for this, because they can't bear to see poor little Paris in jail...
Well, when you get $1M to wave at crowds. . .

stevieray
05-09-2007, 06:07 PM
Well, when you get $1M to wave at crowds. . .

DOOMED!

Smed1065
05-09-2007, 06:44 PM
Fry her azz!

I hate to inconvenience her.

If this was to happen.........................LOL

vailpass
05-09-2007, 06:54 PM
Have you seen the pictures of Paris Hilton's beaver? It's a sloppy floppy dugout. Since the money maker is worn out she has failed at her primary function as a life support system for the pussy so what good is she and why are we discussing her?

Simplex3
05-09-2007, 09:56 PM
So it seems obvious to me that letting someone off isn't working for your buddy, he's still the same douche he always has been. Let's try a different plan with the bitch who has so much money she can get away with hunting humans.

Logical
05-09-2007, 10:00 PM
OMFG what an azz she is, that is pathetic.

Simplex3
05-09-2007, 10:04 PM

Sorry to have to break this to you, but not that many of us are or have been pieces of s**t. I know bursting that bubble doesn't help your self-esteem.

Manila-Chief
05-09-2007, 10:32 PM
EXACTLY, when she signed her plea agreement for the DUI, it layed out in no uncerctain terms, what the sentence would be for VIOLATING her probation. She did VIOLATE her probation and now must serve the sentence SHE agreed to through her plea agreement. What possible grounds of appeal could she possibly have?

And comparing herself to the pardon of Nixon? Please.

Also, I heard on the news that she was 20 minutes late for her court date. I think judges do not like that one bit.

Maybe not this case but in others if your sentance is 39 months and you violate your probation you go to jail to serve the remaining part of the time.

She is going to jail because of probation violation ... but, did you notice she was driving twice the legal limit and with her lights turned off. Not the safest way to drive.

Oh, it was on the news that she will not be in the general population but have a special cell

I think she will not spend a day in jail. But, she deserves the time because she was given a chance and purposely ignored it.

InChiefsHell
05-09-2007, 10:34 PM
:thumb:

That would be rep, but I've given out too much. :banghead:

Heh. It's the thought that counts! :)

Coach
05-09-2007, 10:36 PM
Also, I heard on the news that she was 20 minutes late for her court date. I think judges do not like that one bit.

Maybe not this case but in others if your sentance is 39 months and you violate your probation you go to jail to serve the remaining part of the time.

She is going to jail because of probation violation ... but, did you notice she was driving twice the legal limit and with her lights turned off. Not the safest way to drive.

Oh, it was on the news that she will not be in the general population but have a special cell

I think she will not spend a day in jail. But, she deserves the time because she was given a chance and purposely ignored it.

So let's see here. She was arrested and plead guilty on a reckless/DUI charge, and she was given probation. Now that she violated her probation, and as you mentioned that she was 20 minutes late for her court date, it points to me that she need to be made an example of.

If she serves no time of jail, after all that, then there is something seriously wrong with the system.

DaneMcCloud
05-09-2007, 10:49 PM
So let's see here. She was arrested and plead guilty on a reckless/DUI charge, and she was given probation. Now that she violated her probation, and as you mentioned that she was 20 minutes late for her court date, it points to me that she need to be made an example of.

If she serves no time of jail, after all that, then there is something seriously wrong with the system.

She was 20 minutes late because the paparazzi blocked her from her car and the judge is fully aware of that.

Not to change the subject but until you're in a situation with all these paparazzi, it's hard to imagine how discomforting and downright annoying it can be. I've been around it a few times and I'm truly surprised that more people don't go apesh*t like Sean Penn did a few years back. I know I would.

Coach
05-09-2007, 10:53 PM
She was 20 minutes late because the paparazzi blocked her from her car and the judge is fully aware of that.

Not to change the subject but until you're in a situation with all these paparazzi, it's hard to imagine how discomforting and downright annoying it can be. I've been around it a few times and I'm truly surprised that more people don't go apesh*t like Sean Penn did a few years back. I know I would.

Doesn't matter. There's this thing called "Arriving early." Like you should for your job interview. If you have a court date, job interview, or a real hot date with a chick, you damn well better be there early as you possibly can, paparazzi or not.

Halfcan
05-09-2007, 10:58 PM
I hope she gets a pardon-her beautiful light has blessed my life and the world in every way.

Cochise
05-09-2007, 11:02 PM

I have to agree there, whenever you see these people just trying to get in a car and drive home, they can barely move without running over one of those vultures.

Cochise
05-09-2007, 11:03 PM
Hey look. It's Saulbadguy, Jr.

I'm much better looking than Saul is.

mikey23545
05-09-2007, 11:22 PM

You are about as predictable a tool who has ever lived....

88TG88
05-09-2007, 11:32 PM
I bet she still gets special treatment in jail..
No doubt about it
She is probably gonna pay the guards to watch her back.
The thing thats gonna suck is the 24 hour Paris hilton prison watch that is going to take over the news networks.

Smed1065
05-09-2007, 11:43 PM
I hope she gets a pardon-her beautiful light has blessed my life and the world in every way.

Its a good thing I know this site is sarcastic!

Stairway To Heaven. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

greg63
05-09-2007, 11:49 PM
Heh. It's the thought that counts! :)

Hey, I call 'em as I see 'em. :)

Bwana
05-09-2007, 11:52 PM
What a waste of skin.

Guru
05-09-2007, 11:54 PM
This damn thread has become an attention whore in itself.

Mr. Flopnuts
05-09-2007, 11:54 PM
What a waste of skin.

She used to only be good for her skin. I'd have to agree with you now though. She still has a pretty good sexy pose, but when you know what's under the clothes and how beat up it is, it's ruined.

DaneMcCloud
05-10-2007, 12:02 AM
Doesn't matter. There's this thing called "Arriving early." Like you should for your job interview. If you have a court date, job interview, or a real hot date with a chick, you damn well better be there early as you possibly can, paparazzi or not.

Sorry, you don't know what the hell you're talking about. First off, LA traffic is absolutely like nowhere else on the planet. Period. My allergist is 8 miles away and it takes me 60-75 minutes MINIMUM to get there for each appointment. It's so bad that they thought I had high blood pressure at my very first appointment because it was like 140/100. After lying down for 5 minutes, it was 120/80. There's nothing like driving on the 101 to the 405 to get your blood boiling.

Secondly, you have NO idea what it's like to be stalked by these people. They block traffic and don't care. They're rude and don't care. All they want to do is get a picture and sell it to the Star or the Enquirer for 15k a pop (if not more). Until you've experienced it, there's no way you can relate.

As an example, my wife and I went to Jerry's Deli on Ventura blvd. just two weeks at at 7:30am. Now, this is unusual for us but our bodies were still adjusting from Italy-time, which is 9 hours ahead of PST. So we decided to get breakfast. Nothing fancy, a little higher on the food chain than a Denny's or Perkins, but not too high.

Anyway, we get there and begin parking. We're like the only people there at 7:45 except for a tall, thin blonde guy we notice. Well, this guys steps out of his car and approaches this big, fat dude with an enormous lens that had been following him for who knows how long. The skinny guy approaches him and just freakin' goes off on the fat dude. And the fat dude NEVER puts down his freakin' camera! I was just about to walk over there to help out the skinny dude when finally, the fat dude gets in his SUV and drives away.

So imagine that, times a 100, every stinkin' day of your life. Stupid celeb or smart celeb. Then try to get somewhere on time when people are actually blocking traffic. And that was just to eat breakfast!

And BTW, I've NEVER seen Justin Timberlake so pissed off in my life. And he wasn't acting.

stevieray
05-10-2007, 12:05 AM
Sorry, you don't know what the hell you're talking about. First off, LA traffic is absolutely like nowhere else on the planet. Period. My allergist is 8 miles away and it takes me 60-75 minutes MINIMUM to get there for each appointment. It's so bad that they thought I had high blood pressure at my very first appointment because it was like 140/100. After lying down for 5 minutes, it was 120/80. There's nothing like driving on the 101 to the 405 to get your blood boiling.

Secondly, you have NO idea what it's like to be stalked by these people. They block traffic and don't care. They're rude and don't care. All they want to do is get a picture and sell it to the Star or the Enquirer for 15k a pop (if not more). Until you've experienced it, there's no way you can relate.

As an example, my wife and I went to Jerry's Deli on Ventura blvd. just two weeks at at 7:30am. Now, this is unusual for us but our bodies were still adjusting from Italy-time, which is 9 hours ahead of PST. So we decided to get breakfast. Nothing fancy, a little higher on the food chain than a Denny's or Perkins, but not too high.

Anyway, we get there and begin parking. We're like the only people there at 7:45 except for a tall, thin blonde guy we notice. Well, this guys steps out of his car and approaches this big, fat dude with an enormous lens that had been following him for who knows how long. The skinny guy approaches him and just freakin' goes off on the fat dude. And the fat dude NEVER puts down his freakin' camera! I was just about to walk over there to help out the skinny dude when finally, the fat dude gets in his SUV and drives away.

So imagine that, times a 100, every stinkin' day of your life. Stupid celeb or smart celeb. Then try to get somewhere on time when people are actually blocking traffic. And that was just to eat breakfast!

And BTW, I've NEVER seen Justin Timberlake so pissed off in my life. And he wasn't acting.

it's still up to her to make sure that she is in court on time.

DaneMcCloud
05-10-2007, 12:07 AM
it's still up to her to make sure that she is in court on time.

And it's up to ME to get to my appointments on time as well and sometimes, it's just impossible. No matter how well I plan or try.

I'm not making excuses for her, in particular, but I am trying to illustrate that it's not as easy as it sounds to be on time.

BucEyedPea
05-10-2007, 12:15 AM
First off, LA traffic is absolutely like nowhere else on the planet. Period. My allergist is 8 miles away and it takes me 60-75 minutes MINIMUM to get there for each appointment. It's so bad that they thought I had high blood pressure at my very first appointment because it was like 140/100. After lying down for 5 minutes, it was 120/80. There's nothing like driving on the 101 to the 405 to get your blood boiling.

:shrug: Gotta wondah why people even live there ( unless you have to work there)???

Maybe that's why Ahnie wants to pass healthcare.

Digression over.

keg in kc
05-10-2007, 12:17 AM
LA and Washington, DC, the two parts of the country I will NEVER move to. And not just for the traffic.

DaneMcCloud
05-10-2007, 12:17 AM
:shrug: Gotta wondah why people even live there ( unless you have to work there)???

1) The weather
2) The Entertainment Industry
3) Job Opportunities - 2nd to none
4) The weather

BucEyedPea
05-10-2007, 12:19 AM
1) The weather
2) The Entertainment Industry
3) Job Opportunities - 2nd to none
4) The weather
Like I said, unless you have to work there.
But the weather? We got that here. :harumph:

DaneMcCloud
05-10-2007, 12:24 AM
Like I said, unless you have to work there.
But the weather? We got that here. :harumph:

Nah. You've got a massive amount of humidity. We have none. It's a desert. Plus, we only get a few inches of rain per year and it's usually only in the 90's a weeks out of the year. It's generally 70's during the day and 60's at night.

I've been to Tampa on several occasions. The humidity is a killer as are the afternoon rains. It's not BAD weather but given a choice, SoCal wins every time.

BucEyedPea
05-10-2007, 12:30 AM
Nah. You've got a massive amount of humidity. We have none. It's a desert. Plus, we only get a few inches of rain per year and it's usually only in the 90's a weeks out of the year. It's generally 70's during the day and 60's at night.

I've been to Tampa on several occasions. The humidity is a killer as are the afternoon rains. It's not BAD weather but given a choice, SoCal wins every time.
True. Was teasin' a bit. Now that you mention it that humidity is better for your skin. I don't go out in the summer...it's my winter. But I have acclimated and am now used to it. The other 9 months, are good. Winter is great! Sometimes it's been cooler here on a summer day than up nawth too.

Had a colleague go work for Disney out in Burbank. He said they took most his higher pay in taxes.

DaneMcCloud
05-10-2007, 12:37 AM
True. Was teasin' a bit. Now that you mention it that humidity is better for your skin. I don't go out in the summer...it's my winter. But I have acclimated and am now used to it. The other 9 months, are good. Winter is great! Sometimes it's been cooler here on a summer day than up nawth too.

Had a colleague go work for Disney out in Burbank. He said they took most his higher pay in taxes.

I feel like I've instantly gained 20 pounds in that humidity. I'm sure there are health benefits but I don't think I could ever get used to it. On the contrary though, I've heard many East Coaster's say how dry it is here. So tit for tat.

Yeah, State taxes alone could probably do that (you don't have them there, right?). Plus, you didn't hear this from me, but Disney SUCKS. I hope your colleague is happy there but I wouldn't wish that fate on anyone.

BucEyedPea
05-10-2007, 12:44 AM
I feel like I've instantly gained 20 pounds in that humidity. I'm sure there are health benefits but I don't think I could ever get used to it. On the contrary though, I've heard many East Coaster's say how dry it is here. So tit for tat.
Yes. I've been there. Makes you lightheaded. I used a humidifier in Boston as the inside heat was too dry and made my throat itch.It was gone here.

Yeah, State taxes alone could probably do that (you don't have them there, right?). Plus, you didn't hear this from me, but Disney SUCKS. I hope your colleague is happy there but I wouldn't wish that fate on anyone.
Oh no, his division had a layoff then was sold off. But he was not happy there. Unbelievable amount of back-biting and politics. I got work from them due to him giving me a reference....horrific contracts....they take everything all the rights and all the outakes.

DaneMcCloud
05-10-2007, 12:49 AM
Oh no, his division had a layoff then was sold off. But he was not happy there. Unbelievable amount of back-biting and politics. I got work from them due to him giving me a reference....horrific contracts....they take everything all the rights and all the outakes.

Typical Disney. My brother (who moved his family out her in January because his wife's an actress) is doing IT for Toyota in Torrance (but lives near Beverly Hills - horrible drive) just interviewed for Disney yesterday. I warned him beforehand but he chose not to listen.

Long story short: Everything they promised him on the phone to get him over there was bogus. It's a bad, bad place to work (probably worse under Eisner) and it's not getting any better.

Bummer for your colleague. Huge move, no dividend.

SPchief
05-10-2007, 01:05 AM
Sorry, you don't know what the hell you're talking about. First off, LA traffic is absolutely like nowhere else on the planet. Period. My allergist is 8 miles away and it takes me 60-75 minutes MINIMUM to get there for each appointment.

So if you know it takes an hour and a half to get somewhere, wouldn't you, I don't know, leave 2 hours early? :shrug:

luv
05-10-2007, 01:07 AM
So if you know it takes an hour and a half to get somewhere, wouldn't you, I don't know, leave 2 hours early? :shrug:
That's what normal people do.

SPchief
05-10-2007, 01:08 AM
That's what normal people do.

Must be a midwest thing.

Saggysack
05-10-2007, 01:10 AM

I kinda look at that excuse as a cop out. She makes millions off of other peoples obession of her. Of course there are going to be those that want to take her picture for alittle bit of cash. It comes with the territory. She obviously thinks the money she makes as a celebrity is worth the hassle of the paparazzi, or else I can't see any reason why she continues down the path she has choosen.

I look at it like this. To me, it's like a cop saying, "You mean I may have to be around criminals at some point on this job?". It comes with the territory.

We all know privacy for a celebrity is very expensive. And I'm quite sure she has enough money to make it happen. Yet, we both know she won't because she makes her money off the attention. Paris Hilton without the attention of the paparazzi is nothing more than a has been reality show debutante.

DaneMcCloud
05-10-2007, 01:14 AM

Because most of the time, it doesn't take that long. But it can. It all depends on whether or not there's a stalled car in the middle of six lanes of traffic or there's been an accident or if you just take the wrong route.

It's just unpredictable. And most of time, if something's supposed to take 45 minutes but I know it could take 70, I generally don't have the time to waste in case it only takes 45. So you take a risk.

It's hard to describe to people that haven't experienced it.

DaneMcCloud
05-10-2007, 01:15 AM
I kinda look at that excuse as a cop out. She makes millions off of other peoples obession of her. Of course there are going to be those that want to take her picture for alittle bit of cash. It comes with the territory. She obviously thinks the money she makes as a celebrity is worth the hassle of the paparazzi, or else I can't see any reason why she continues down the path she has choosen.

I look at it like this. To me, it's like a cop saying, "You mean I may have to be around criminals at some point on this job?". It comes with the territory.

We all know privacy for a celebrity is very expensive. And I'm quite sure she has enough money to make it happen. Yet, we both know she won't because she makes her money off the attention. Paris Hilton without the attention of the paparazzi is nothing more than a has been reality show debutante.

Again, until you've lived it or experienced it, it's easy to sit back from 2,000 miles away and take a rational approach.

Unfortunately, it's just not that way.

keg in kc
05-10-2007, 01:16 AM
I kinda look at that excuse as a cop out. She makes millions off of other peoples obession of her. Of course there are going to be those that want to take her picture for alittle bit of cash. It comes with the territory. She obviously thinks the money she makes as a celebrity is worth the hassle of the paparazzi, or else I can't see any reason why she continues down the path she has choosen.The irony about her is that she's a celebrity because she's wealthy, rather than wealthy because she's a celebrity. Thanks to the family fortune, she's never really needed to work a day in her life. She may like the attention, but I doubt she approaches any of it as a money-making venture.

SPchief
05-10-2007, 01:27 AM
Because most of the time, it doesn't take that long. But it can.

So if it is possible to take that long, why not leave early? Is it a bad thing to arive early in LA?

Saggysack
05-10-2007, 01:28 AM
Again, until you've lived it or experienced it, it's easy to sit back from 2,000 miles away and take a rational approach.

It doesn't matter if I lived it or not. It's part of her job. Excuse me, let me correct that. It is her job to stand there with her stupid pose while some 20 knuckleheads snap a hundred photos of her each.

I guess next time I'm late for a important issue in my life I guees I can just use the excuse, "Man, that garbage truck just wouldn't get down the street fast enough. They had to stop at every house to pick up and dump these containers lining the street".

Simply put, you have a extremely important issue that needs to be dealt with. Be there on time. It's called responsibility.

SPchief
05-10-2007, 01:28 AM

It's not possible to be rational?

luv
05-10-2007, 01:30 AM
If you were going to a court date, you wouldn't want to make 100% for sure you could be there on time?

EDIT: ESPECIALLY knowing the court date was because you knowingly violated your probation for something else you had already done?

Saggysack
05-10-2007, 01:32 AM
The irony about her is that she's a celebrity because she's wealthy, rather than wealthy because she's a celebrity. Thanks to the family fortune, she's never really needed to work a day in her life. She may like the attention, but I doubt she approaches any of it as a money-making venture.

She sure looks at it as a money making venture to me. Why else would she have an appearance fee?

DaneMcCloud
05-10-2007, 03:27 AM
"Man, that garbage truck just wouldn't get down the street fast enough. They had to stop at every house to pick up and dump these containers lining the street".

My street is less than 20 feet wide. When there are trash trucks on Friday, it's difficult to get down the street. Coupled with the fact that we don't have just ONE truck, we have THREE. One for trash, one for recyclables and one for forestry. They're never on time and there's no set time when they're here, so YES, it's easy to get stuck behind a "trash" truck for an inordinate amount of time. Couple that with limos, Range Rovers and what not and you'd easily begin to see that while 3 days out of the week it's easy to navigate and 3 more it's not. But when is it easy and when is it difficult? After a while, you just have to go with whatever happens.

You have to keep in mind that Los Angeles isn't Kansas, nor is it Missouri, nor is it Manhattan or Miami. Every locale has its own thing going on and for the most part, everyone knows that from time to time, things just happen that are out of your control. Fortunately, EVERYONE knows that, so it's no big deal to be late or whatever. It's just part of the gig. This ain't the military.

California (especially SoCal) is VERY different from the Midwest in many ways. Ever hear of the "laid back California attitude"? That mainly comes from the fact that either you kick back and deal, or you die of a freakin' heart attack from the stress.

I'd prefer the former.

DaneMcCloud
05-10-2007, 03:35 AM
It's not possible to be rational?

Let's say you need to be at work. Sometimes it takes 20 minutes, others an hour. How do you plan? Do you have time in your day to always put aside that extra 40 minutes? Or do things come up and you say "oh, I'll be cool today" even though there's a possibility that it's NOT gonna be cool? What do you do on those days? Play the odds? Let's say (like in the majority of cases) your job's not in jeopardy because you're late. What do you do then? This conundrum is what faces most Los Angelenos every day.

For all we know, Ms. Hilton and her lawyer set aside the proper amount of time to get to the courthouse, taking into consideration the traffic and paparazzi. But what if the paparazzi were so cruel as to literally NOT let her leave and block her exit? Who plans for that? Let's say there were SO many people outside that it took HER people an extra 20 minutes to clear the way, making her 20 minutes late? Do you think that in a city of well over 20 million, that the cops are going to rush to respond to Paris Hilton being blocked by paparazzi?

The answer seems clear to people who don't live like we do out here: "Be on time". But again, that's easier said than done.

ClevelandBronco
05-10-2007, 03:41 AM
Do you have time in your day to always put aside that extra 40 minutes?

Yeah. Her day is filled with commitments that are more important than the ones that will keep her out of prison.

I know just what you mean, Dane. Traffic is a bitch and prison isn't an option for folks like whatever-her-name-is.

Fish
05-10-2007, 04:09 AM
My street is less than 20 feet wide. When there are trash trucks on Friday, it's difficult to get down the street. Coupled with the fact that we don't have just ONE truck, we have THREE. One for trash, one for recyclables and one for forestry. They're never on time and there's no set time when they're here, so YES, it's easy to get stuck behind a "trash" truck for an inordinate amount of time. Couple that with limos, Range Rovers and what not and you'd easily begin to see that while 3 days out of the week it's easy to navigate and 3 more it's not. But when is it easy and when is it difficult? After a while, you just have to go with whatever happens.

You have to keep in mind that Los Angeles isn't Kansas, nor is it Missouri, nor is it Manhattan or Miami. Every locale has its own thing going on and for the most part, everyone knows that from time to time, things just happen that are out of your control. Fortunately, EVERYONE knows that, so it's no big deal to be late or whatever. It's just part of the gig. This ain't the military.

California (especially SoCal) is VERY different from the Midwest in many ways. Ever hear of the "laid back California attitude"? That mainly comes from the fact that either you kick back and deal, or you die of a freakin' heart attack from the stress.

I'd prefer the former.

Dane... you're starting to sound like an idiot here with your persistance of how SoCal is so different.

It's traffic. It's not just a LA thing. People in LA have to be at work in the morning too, and I'm sure their supervisors don't quite share your "laid back California attitude" when employees just go with the flow and show up late 3 days out of the week. And I believe that the judge might agree considering his resolution....

But of course... we midwesterners don't understand.... none of us have ever been cosmo enough to even visit LA or anything....

Saggysack
05-10-2007, 04:56 AM

I'd prefer the former.

That's not the point Dane. The point is that it is your responsibility to be on time. You know the trash trucks are going to be there. Everywhere I have lived, you have a scheduled day your trash is picked up. Leave alittle early. I doubt it is much different in L.A. in that respect. Ms. Hilton knew the paparazzi would be there, when aren't they outside her house? L.A. doesn't have a monopoly on traffic. Ever try to make it from Oude Zuide in Amsterdam to Schipol in 30mins? I'm quite sure it's alittle more hectic than traffic in L.A.. As a matter of a fact, I know it is, I've done both. And as far as I can tell, the court doesn't work on your time. You work on the courts time. No matter the locale. Instead Ms. Hilton thought she could wait till the last minute, stroll up to the courthouse with the red carpet laid out, wisked inside and promptly seen by the judge. While all us regular folk have to show up at 8:30am and wait for our case number to be called.

Saggysack
05-10-2007, 05:40 AM
Let's say you need to be at work. Sometimes it takes 20 minutes, others an hour. How do you plan? Do you have time in your day to always put aside that extra 40 minutes? Or do things come up and you say "oh, I'll be cool today" even though there's a possibility that it's NOT gonna be cool? What do you do on those days? Play the odds? Let's say (like in the majority of cases) your job's not in jeopardy because you're late. What do you do then? This conundrum is what faces most Los Angelenos every day.

For all we know, Ms. Hilton and her lawyer set aside the proper amount of time to get to the courthouse, taking into consideration the traffic and paparazzi. But what if the paparazzi were so cruel as to literally NOT let her leave and block her exit? Who plans for that? Let's say there were SO many people outside that it took HER people an extra 20 minutes to clear the way, making her 20 minutes late? Do you think that in a city of well over 20 million, that the cops are going to rush to respond to Paris Hilton being blocked by paparazzi?

The answer seems clear to people who don't live like we do out here: "Be on time". But again, that's easier said than done.

Dane, this isn't like being late to work. Or being late for a social gathering. This is court. A court that could take away a month and a half of this womans life. California attitude or not, ummm... PRIORITIES! You would think that someone who is truly concerned and repentant of their actions, as Paris Hilton claims to be, wouldn't show up late and disrespect that judge's court with the excuse equal to "the dog ate my homework".

A wise man once said to me. Your Poor Prior Planning does not constitute a Priority on my Part. The 5 P's, learn em and live em. It's quite clear Ms. Hilton as already disrespected the court in more ways than one concerning this issue of hers. Throw at her what the law stipulates, which happens to be 45days incarceration. Next case.

InChiefsHell
05-10-2007, 07:34 AM
My dad always said, "We have a million reasons for failure, but not one excuse." It's in my sig because I find it to be a very profound statement. If you are late, it cannot be excused. A judge might decide that it's ok based on your reasons, but you cannot take back the fact that you are late. It cannot be undone. So, whatever you do, don't be late. Maybe its harsh, maybe it's unfair, but it's life. There are no excuses.

Also, if the paparazzi is blocking your way, put the vehicle in drive and go. They'll move. :p

Simplex3
05-10-2007, 07:46 AM
Because most of the time, it doesn't take that long. But it can. It all depends on whether or not there's a stalled car in the middle of six lanes of traffic or there's been an accident or if you just take the wrong route.

It's just unpredictable. And most of time, if something's supposed to take 45 minutes but I know it could take 70, I generally don't have the time to waste in case it only takes 45. So you take a risk.

It's hard to describe to people that haven't experienced it.
Gee, I know I'm just a midwest hick and have no idea how "the real world" works, but if I was on my way to a court date and it might take 90m I'd leave 105m early. Even if I *might* be able to make it in 45. 'Cause it's a F**KING COURT DATE. Short of saving someone's life you don't have anything more important that day.

Of course out here in flyover country we actually DO look out for eachother and live responsibly inside societal bounds, instead of just talking about how everyone else should do it.

Bob Dole
05-10-2007, 08:23 AM

It's only easy cuz we ain't gots no shoes or teeth.

InChiefsHell
05-10-2007, 08:26 AM
It's only easy cuz we ain't gots no shoes or teeth.

...but we do gots them thar new fangled flushin' terlits...them are niiiice... :)

DaneMcCloud
05-10-2007, 11:10 AM
Hey guys, come on. I'm not defending her being late - I've said that. What I'm trying to convey (obviously very unsuccessfully) is that you can do your best to plan to be somewhere on time (leave early, make alternate routes, etc.) and still be late. There are just so many variables when driving through this city.

Frazod
05-10-2007, 11:51 AM
I think the underlying problem here is that this spoiled little twat believes in her heart that anyone who isn't a Hilton is beneath notice, including the judge. I look forward to her rotting in jail, even for a short time. Although I suspect mommy and daddy will end up throwing enough money around to get her out of it.

DaneMcCloud
05-10-2007, 11:58 AM
I think the underlying problem here is that this spoiled little twat believes in her heart that anyone who isn't a Hilton is beneath notice, including the judge. I look forward to her rotting in jail, even for a short time. Although I suspect mommy and daddy will end up throwing enough money around to get her out of it.

And what's even worse is that she has her own little internet minions out there doing online petitions, stating how "important" she is to society.

The only thing of importance that Paris Hilton has ever done was her PSA internet video on oral sex.

Cochise
05-10-2007, 12:11 PM
I wonder if people would be calling for her to be sent to the gallows if this were a Chiefs player. :hmmm:

StcChief
05-10-2007, 12:16 PM
I wonder if people would be calling for her to be sent to the gallows if this were a Chiefs player. :hmmm:

Her next video Paris Hilton "Gallow Pole." :)

Simply Red
05-10-2007, 12:20 PM
What a waste, I can see it now. Her talent at rubbing her ass-cheeks is going down the tube(s.)

mikey23545
05-10-2007, 12:21 PM

I'd prefer the former.

Does everyone in LA whine as much as you?

If you know it may take x minutes to get somewhere (especially something as important as a court appearance) leave x + 30 minutes early.

That way you can arrive ahead of time at your destination and have plenty of time to whine about how unfair life is.

Or you can move to a place where the traffic isn't so bad.

DaneMcCloud
05-10-2007, 12:54 PM
Does everyone in LA whine as much as you?

If you know it may take x minutes to get somewhere (especially something as important as a court appearance) leave x + 30 minutes early.

That way you can arrive ahead of time at your destination and have plenty of time to whine about how unfair life is.

Or you can move to a place where the traffic isn't so bad.

It's not whining there champ, it's a fact of life that most people who don't live here can't understand. When did I say life is unfair? Can you even read?

It's not that "there's traffic" it's that traffic is so unbelievably unpredictable that you just deal with it. If I'm late, I'm late. No biggie. And that's the way it is for everyone. I was at my Doctor's office last week and while I got there on time, I wasn't seen for an HOUR after my appointment. That's just the way it goes when you're living in a city with over 20 million people.

People that don't understand this concept IMO shouldn't complain that Paris should automatically KNOW that there are going to be be people blocking her exit (illegally, I might add) and say "Well, she should have just left earlier because she should know". WTF?

I think the real loser in this scenario is the lawyer. This guy is already trying to defend someone who's undefendable and it's HIS responsibility to get her to court on time.

Simplex3
05-10-2007, 01:04 PM
It's not whining there champ, it's a fact of life that most people who don't live here can't understand. When did I say life is unfair? Can you even read?

It's not that "there's traffic" it's that traffic is so unbelievably unpredictable that you just deal with it. If I'm late, I'm late. No biggie. And that's the way it is for everyone. I was at my Doctor's office last week and while I got there on time, I wasn't seen for an HOUR after my appointment. That's just the way it goes when you're living in a city with over 20 million people.

People that don't understand this concept IMO shouldn't complain that Paris should automatically KNOW that there are going to be be people blocking her exit (illegally, I might add) and say "Well, she should have just left earlier because she should know". WTF?

I think the real loser in this scenario is the lawyer. This guy is already trying to defend someone who's undefendable and it's HIS responsibility to get her to court on time.
It's too bad she doesn't have a mobile phone, she could have called ahead and let the court know she was stuck behind the paparazi.

Here's how it is, Dane. You people choose to live out there where all this self-described traffic s**t happens. Knowing this, you need to make allowances for the things in life where being late isn't Ok, like, maybe, A PAROLE VIOLATION HEARING.

Fact is this twit is too stupid to figure out that she is photographed by all those photographers (duh) every time she drives her cars, even AFTER getting sentenced to 45 days in the clink. No excuses, this bitch is flaunting her disrespect for the court and needs to go server her full sentence on the DUI, as well as retroactively being charged and convicted on all the other crap she's done such as the hit & run (for which there is photographic evidence) and doubling the speed limit after dark without lights while driving down the wrong side of the road.

DaneMcCloud
05-10-2007, 01:19 PM
It's too bad she doesn't have a mobile phone, she could have called ahead and let the court know she was stuck behind the paparazi.

Here's how it is, Dane. You people choose to live out there where all this self-described traffic s**t happens. Knowing this, you need to make allowances for the things in life where being late isn't Ok, like, maybe, A PAROLE VIOLATION HEARING.

Gee, thanks for setting the record straight :rolleyes:

mikey23545
05-10-2007, 01:25 PM
It's not whining there champ,

Yeah, I'm afraid it is.

it's a fact of life that most people who don't live here can't understand. When did I say life is unfair? Can you even read?

I'll bet you're a liberal, aren't you?

ChiefaRoo
05-10-2007, 01:32 PM
Boo Hoo, I can't be on time because of traffic. Waaahhh, the line for my latte is too long. Waahh, it's so unfair the laws apply to me. Dane and I are calling the Governor.

DaneMcCloud
05-10-2007, 01:33 PM
Yeah, I'm afraid it is.

I'll bet you're a liberal, aren't you?

What??

DaneMcCloud
05-10-2007, 01:38 PM
Boo Hoo, I can't be on time because of traffic. Waaahhh, the line for my latte is too long. Waahh, it's so unfair the laws apply to me. Dane and I are calling the Governor.

Did you ever READ the link that Luv provided? First off, it's an EDITED version. Click on it to read the following:

Testifying on Friday, Mintz told the court that he had misinformed his client about the terms of her probation, believing her license was suspended for just 30 days and that she could still drive for work-related matters. At the time of her bust in February, Hilton was pulled over for speeding at 11 p.m. after picking up some DVDs from the West Hollywood Virgin Megastore.

So who's to blame? Paris Hilton or her lawyer?

mikey23545
05-10-2007, 01:40 PM
What??

That's what I thought.

Cochise
05-10-2007, 01:41 PM
Did you ever READ the link that Luv provided? First off, it's an EDITED version. Click on it to read the following:

Testifying on Friday, Mintz told the court that he had misinformed his client about the terms of her probation, believing her license was suspended for just 30 days and that she could still drive for work-related matters. At the time of her bust in February, Hilton was pulled over for speeding at 11 p.m. after picking up some DVDs from the West Hollywood Virgin Megastore.

I'm not exactly inclined to believe that story. It does however sound like something a lawyer would say at a probation violation hearing to try to keep their client out of the clink...

luv
05-10-2007, 01:41 PM

And you don't think that bullshit is just used to try to cover for her? Was she not at her own probation hearing, or did she forget about that too?

BucEyedPea
05-10-2007, 01:43 PM
Dane, I don't know if claiming "ignorance" is a valid excuse.
I would think people lose cases in court from bad legal advice.

Iowanian
I hope when they throw her ass in Genpop....the Butchest broad in the joint backs her into a corner, looks at her pinstripes and says "Thats Hot" as she pushes her head down to her buckwheatinaleglock beaver.

mikey23545
You know Dane, most people have the ability to tell when they've made a complete ass of themselves on a thread and quit arguing an indefensible position...

Oh, BTW, that neg rep you gave me was really cute....

Fish
05-10-2007, 01:44 PM

Paris is.... picking up a movie at 11pm is hardly work-related. Add that to the fact any responsible person would have known the terms of their own damn probation...

ChiefaRoo
05-10-2007, 01:45 PM

Ignorance of the law is no excuse. This Mintz guy is just trying to take the fall. It won't work. She's going to jail and rightfully so.

BucEyedPea
05-10-2007, 01:46 PM
Paris could afford a helicopter to fly her onto the roof of the court.
That'd handle the whole traffic matter.

DaneMcCloud
05-10-2007, 01:47 PM
Dane, I don't know if claiming "ignorance" is a valid excuse.
I would think people lose cases in court from bad legal advice.

I totally agree. But, if I were paying someone $300+ an hour to defend me, I would be second guessing their advice. What wouldn't be the point in hiring them in the first place?

ChiefaRoo
05-10-2007, 01:49 PM
Paris could afford a helicopter to fly her onto the roof of the court.
That'd handle the whole traffic matter.

Pea, they had a chopper all lined up but Paris wouldn't get in it because it didn't match her outfit. Plus, Dane was late bringing her morning Latte and Tofu bagel. "I mean, it's sooo unfair the that the stupid pilot didn't bring the right helicopter" "Mintz, you're fired!" "Where is my go**ammed Latte?!!?

DaneMcCloud
Ignorance of the law is no excuse. This Mintz guy is just trying to take the fall. It won't work. She's going to jail and rightfully so.

So, you (and the other's who've responded) think that the lawyer LIED on the stand, risking his career and disbarment, for Paris Hilton? Seriously?

Skip Towne
So her lawyer, the prosecutor and the judge were able to make it on time? But poor little Paris couldn't. Hmmm.......

BucEyedPea
05-10-2007, 01:50 PM

I'd prefer the former.
I don't think anything could be slower than the deep south though Dane.
Not talkin' Florida, which is more laid back than Boston, which is more laid back than hyper-ventiltating NewYorkers. I'm talkin Georgia SC....just try and cash a check...without all the preliminary chit chat of: "How's ye'r Ma? How's ye'r grandpa?"...and on and on. They don't get directly to the point. They feel it's rude.

luv
05-10-2007, 01:51 PM
So, you (and the other's who've responded) think that the lawyer LIED on the stand, risking his career and disbarment, for Paris Hilton? Seriously?
Yes.

ChiefaRoo
05-10-2007, 01:52 PM

I'm saying it's her personal responbility to know what her situation is. All the rest is irrelevant.

Cochise
05-10-2007, 01:53 PM
You know Dane, most people have the ability to tell when they've made a complete ass of themselves on a thread and quit arguing an indefensible position...

Oh, BTW, that neg rep you gave me was really cute....

He's reasonably discussing the issue, even if his position is wrong or unpopular. I don't think he's said anything that was rude or out of line.

If anybody makes an ass out of themselves it's the people doing those things.

DaneMcCloud
05-10-2007, 01:53 PM
Yes.

Wow. That's some serious distrust.

4th and Long
05-10-2007, 01:55 PM
You folks realize your in a pissing match over Paris Hilton, ... right?

DaneMcCloud
05-10-2007, 01:56 PM
I'm saying it's her personal responbility to know what her situation is. All the rest is irrelevant.

Ultimately, you are correct. But at what point do you draw the line? If I've hired a doctor or a lawyer, aren't I hiring them for their expertise? And if so, should I constantly question their advice, even though that's not my arena?

ChiefaRoo
Weeeee!! I love it. Plus there's no Chiefs news

DaneMcCloud

Yes. And I feel dirty. Like I just had sex with her.

Mecca
If Paris does 45 days then Jared Allen should have done about 120........

luv
05-10-2007, 01:57 PM
I can't prove it's not a lie. It's just my opinion. What really matters is if the judge can't prove it's a lie.

InChiefsHell
05-10-2007, 01:57 PM

Well, the lawyer can say that he didn't explain it right without lying. What he's really saying is that I should have explained it better, so it's my fault. But I did explain it to her your honor. I'll try harder next time to get through to my client.

Not lying...just...you know...bullshit...

luv
05-10-2007, 01:59 PM
If Paris does 45 days then Jared Allen should have done about 120........
He's paid fines, done some jail time (I believe, not sure), and he's been suspended for four games (thus losing some pay). Anything else you want?

Iowanian
05-10-2007, 01:59 PM
FYP.

Hey guys, come on.John Goodman I'm not defending her being late - I've said that.Johnny Dep What I'm trying to conveyVincent Chase (obviously very unsuccessfully) is that you can do your best to plan to be somewhere on timeMark Walburg (leave early, make alternate routes, etc.) and still be late. Jamie Presley There are just so many variables when driving through this city.

You hill persons can't possibly understand the difficulties of driving a high end automobile 8 miles or the stress of being late for a double soy half sugar moca capaccino with Jim...as in my good friend James Cameron.

Mecca
05-10-2007, 02:01 PM
He's paid fines, done some jail time (I believe, not sure), and he's been suspended for four games (thus losing some pay). Anything else you want?

I think she'd rather pay the fines........

He did what 3 or 4 days?

DaneMcCloud
05-10-2007, 02:01 PM
FYP.

You hill persons can't possibly understand the difficulties of driving a high end automobile 8 miles or the stress of being late for a double soy half sugar moca capaccino with Jim...as in my good friend James Cameron.

HA! LMAO LMAO ROFL ROFL

Iowanian
05-10-2007, 02:02 PM
I'm just kidding Tom Cruise Dane.

luv
05-10-2007, 02:03 PM
I think she'd rather pay the fines........

He did what 3 or 4 days?
They also have different judges. He knew the terms of his probation, and he paid whatever price was set.

DaneMcCloud
I can't prove it's not a lie. It's just my opinion. What really matters is if the judge can't prove it's a lie.

I understand what you're saying, Luv but if you don't trust a servant of court under oath, who DO you trust?

ChiefaRoo
Yes. And I feel dirty. Like I just had sex with her.

For the record I think Paris is attractive and I wouldn't feel dirty at all hooking up with her. That being said I also think the sex would be pretty lousy as she probably doesn't even know how to do it that well.

luv
05-10-2007, 02:04 PM
I understand what you're saying, Luv but if you don't trust a servant of court under oath, who DO you trust?
I'm actually a very trusting person. I'm just learning to be a little skeptical too.

Iowanian
I'd just like to say that I'm not surprised at all that Mecca hangs out with losers with 5 DUIs.

BucEyedPea
Maybe, Paris can sue her attorney for malpractice.
Sounds like she's gotta case.

Cochise
05-10-2007, 02:05 PM

If people keep making threads about this never-was, we might as well use them. I'm going to try to get the next one sent to D.C.. I'll be tough, but I think I'm up to it.

DaneMcCloud
For the record I think Paris is attractive and I wouldn't feel dirty at all hooking up with her. That being said I also think the sex would be pretty lousy as she probably doesn't even know how to do it that well.

Ah, you need to see the video's on the internet. She's a master of the Oral Arts.

luv
Maybe, Paris can sue her attorney for malpractice.
Sounds like she's gotta case.
Maybe that was part of their agreement. He lies for her, and she simply fires him without a lawsuit.

Iowanian
05-10-2007, 02:06 PM

I'll take "Drunken men from the internet with functional Wedding Tackle" for $500 Alex.

Congratulations......Its a Daily Double!!

BucEyedPea
Paris for PRESIDENT!!!

mikey23545
He's reasonably discussing the issue, even if his position is wrong or unpopular. I don't think he's said anything that was rude or out of line.

If anybody makes an ass out of themselves it's the people doing those things.

Rude? You mean like profane little neg reps?

Gotcha.

Mecca
05-10-2007, 02:07 PM
I'd just like to say that I'm not surprised at all that Mecca hangs out with losers with 5 DUIs.

I'm glad you have such a high opinion of me.......

luv
If people keep making threads about this never-was, we might as well use them. I'm going to try to get the next one sent to D.C.. I'll be tough, but I think I'm up to it.
Tell me you've been at least partially amused, and it will all be worth it.

Iowanian
Its just that you seem to be such a social savior of lost souls.

Cochise
05-10-2007, 02:08 PM

"What, everyone does it, they just got caught, you can't say anything about someone who drives drunk because the cops haven't caught everyone who has driven drunk everywhere. This happens at every college in the country."

greg63

LMAO

Cochise
Tell me you've been at least partially amused, and it will all be worth it.

How about depressed? Disillusioned? Bored?

DaneMcCloud
I'm actually a very trusting person. I'm just learning to be a little skeptical too.

Well, if you're skeptical, that's one thing. But to think that a man who spent 7 years of his life in college and law school, who has a high-powered successful law practice making millions of dollars per year is going to lie on the stand, for of all people, Paris Hilton, I think that's a bit misguided.

Politicians? Sure. But a lawyer of that magnitude wouldn't risk his entire practice and future on a simple probation case, regardless of the celebrity client.

4th and Long
05-10-2007, 02:09 PM
THIS IS ALL GEORGE BUSHS FAULT! HE IS DA DEBIL!

Hope that helps. :)

luv
05-10-2007, 02:09 PM
How about depressed? Disillusioned? Bored?
Bored works.

DaneMcCloud
05-10-2007, 02:10 PM
Rude? You mean like profane little neg reps?

Gotcha.

And I suppose you think it's okay to call me whiney, then question my political beliefs in a thread about Paris Hilton of all people?

Mecca
05-10-2007, 02:10 PM
"What, everyone does it, they just got caught, you can't say anything about someone who drives drunk because the cops haven't caught everyone who has driven drunk everywhere. This happens at every college in the country."

Well most everyone on the board would likely have one if they had been pulled over at a certain time.........it doesn't take much to be over the limit.

Easy 6
05-10-2007, 02:11 PM
I think the point thats being missed in all of this, is that they just tried to cram too many villains into Spidey 3...which really watered down the character development & turned this movie into a hard to follow hodge-podge of characters we hardly know...

...am i in the right thread???

ChiefaRoo
05-10-2007, 02:12 PM
Ah, you need to see the video's on the internet. She's a master of the Oral Arts.

I saw it. She looked like a poodle nibbling on a hotdog. I wasn't that impressed with her enthusiasm either or the fact that she was concerned about her cell phone while everything was going on.

luv
05-10-2007, 02:12 PM
I think the point thats being missed in all of this, is that they just tried to cram too many villains into Spidey 3...which really watered down the character development & turned this movie into a hard to follow hodge-podge of characters we hardly know...

...am i in the right thread???
No, not at all.

Say anymore until I've seen it, and I might have to hurt you somehow.

BucEyedPea
05-10-2007, 02:13 PM
Maybe that was part of their agreement. He lies for her, and she simply fires him without a lawsuit.
I didn't see what she's claiming her lawyer didn't do to know for sure if it fits...but if he didn't do something he's supposed to do and she did not know, then it works something along those lines and when she finds out about it. I'm not a lawyer...I was being partlytongue-n'-cheek as in if she has a complaint it's not the judge...it's her attorney.

Easy 6
05-10-2007, 02:15 PM
No, not at all.

Say anymore until I've seen it, and I might have to hurt you somehow.

I find it hard to believe a girl named 'luv' could do such a thing... :)

DaneMcCloud
05-10-2007, 02:16 PM
I saw it. She looked like a poodle nibbling on a hotdog. I wasn't that impressed with her enthusiasm either or the fact that she was concerned about her cell phone while everything was going on.

ROFL

Maybe you saw a different video than I saw.

BucEyedPea
05-10-2007, 02:16 PM
Well most everyone on the board would likely have one if they had been pulled over at a certain time.........it doesn't take much to be over the limit.
That's true with most everything including legal cases. There are different judges too. They don't all handle things the same way. It's up to the judge she got.

luv
05-10-2007, 02:17 PM
I find it hard to believe a girl named 'luv' could do such a thing...
I'm a Scorpio.

DaneMcCloud
05-10-2007, 02:18 PM

Hey, you're losing a step. Where are the requisite tranny comments on this thread? :p

Iowanian
I'm a Scorpio. HOw yooou doin'

I have to agree with Roo...from what I saw, I didn't see ANYTHING terribly impressive, including effort.

If a gal answered a cell phone while my helmet was wearing her cervix like a halo, I might be inclinded to think I was doing something incorrectly.

She sure didn't gobble it like a fat girl who thought it was full of twinkey filling.

Cochise

Having done something before doesn't equate to doing it yesterday or doing it regularly. And it doesn't rob you of the ability to denounce antisocial behavior for what it is.

I know that you use that paradigm to paint halos over athletes you like so that you can ignore their character, but it's true.

Mecca
05-10-2007, 02:19 PM
Does he have gatorade?

BucEyedPea
I'm a Scorpio.
Oh well! I'm a Pisces.

Easy 6
I'm a Scorpio.

... :eek: ...

ChiefaRoo
05-10-2007, 02:20 PM
Hey, you're losing a step. Where are the requisite tranny comments on this thread? :p

I retired it. I'm trying to be less repetitive when I post except for my "skip's a goat fooker" theme.

luv
05-10-2007, 02:20 PM
I actually meant that to mean that I can be very vendictive.

DaneMcCloud
05-10-2007, 02:21 PM
I retired it. I'm trying to be less repetitive when I post except for my "skip's a goat fooker" theme.

Well, I'm confident you'll come up with something equally derogatory to direct at me. :evil:

Iowanian
05-10-2007, 02:22 PM
I know.

You'll all have to forgive my uncivilized tourettes outbreak. I've had nothing but bad luck(except one night of poker) since adapting the "civilowanian" concept.....I'm thinking someone hired a voodoo woman to poke some needles into a doll.

I'm hoping I can shake off the curse by offending 3 people.

ChiefaRoo
05-10-2007, 02:22 PM
I have to agree with Roo...from what I saw, I didn't see ANYTHING terribly impressive, including effort.

If a gal answered a cell phone while my helmet was wearing her cervix like a halo, I might be inclinded to think I was doing something incorrectly.

She sure didn't gobble it like a fat girl who thought it was full of twinkey filling.

Yeah, I like my chicks to be into like it's a sporting event.

DaneMcCloud
05-10-2007, 02:23 PM

What you guys are describing sounds like a different video altogether. I know there are more than a few out there.

luv
05-10-2007, 02:23 PM
I know.

You'll all have to forgive my uncivilized tourettes outbreak. I've had nothing but bad luck(except one night of poker) since adapting the "civilowanian" concept.....I'm thinking someone hired a voodoo woman to poke some needles into a doll.

Good luck.

DaneMcCloud
05-10-2007, 02:24 PM
I know.

Well, the James Cameron bit is old hat so you can't mark me off the list just yet.

Cochise
05-10-2007, 02:26 PM
Does he have gatorade?

Come on. Not just ANY gatorade.

ChiefaRoo
05-10-2007, 02:27 PM
Well, I'm confident you'll come up with something equally derogatory to direct at me. :evil:

You mean like accusing you of being a left coast, superficial, sushi eating, Ed Hardy tee shirt wearing, celebrity name dropping metrosexual? I'll work something up for you. :)

ChiefaRoo
05-10-2007, 02:29 PM
What you guys are describing sounds like a different video altogether. I know there are more than a few out there.}

Send me the link to the good one then. If she's good at it then I'll re-consider my opinion she's no good at anything except grooming.