PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Iowanian!!!

KS Smitty
04-09-2001, 04:02 PM
I hope the weather in Iowania is fine and you get a huge birthday cake with a girl in it! ;) :D

Iowanian
04-09-2001, 04:17 PM
thanks,

I've been trying to keep it low key all day...I just found out from another office that my truck has been decorated...

I think maybe my happy nurse may have driven accross the state to deliver a cake...

I'll be stretchin' out the hammies at 4:25 just in case...

its funny how much longer it seems to take to recover from the weekend...another day older and wiser...better than the alternative.

shakesthecat
04-09-2001, 04:21 PM
Sweet! A reason to crack open a few beers.

Happy Birthday Pete!

FWIW. The only girl I ever regretted breaking up with was a nurse. They just seem to have "skills"

KS Smitty
04-09-2001, 04:24 PM
I saw it on the calendar..

It doesn't take longer to recover, time is shorter. I remember 3 day weekends that only took one night to recover from now I can only last one night and it takes 3 days to recover.

ExtremeChief
04-09-2001, 04:52 PM
I also will give my condolences on another b-day...

Just curious, you gonna turn Newman into a party bus???

glad Iowanian can have his cake and eat it too...

Gaz
04-09-2001, 05:40 PM
Happy Birthday from the dark side of 40.

xoxo~
Gaz
Party hat on.

BIG_DADDY
04-09-2001, 06:38 PM
Happy B Day Iowanian. I agree with Smitty. The older I get the harder those hangovers get too. HAve a good one.

BIG DADDY

Here is to wearing out those livers.

tommykat
04-09-2001, 09:20 PM
Happy Birthday Iowanian...
I want to know if you got the girl though... (and no I don't want her)

Newman can become the party bus when we wipe out the Rams in the last pre season game! YES..:cool: :D

DanT
04-09-2001, 09:24 PM
Happy Birthday!

PostalChief
04-09-2001, 09:47 PM
Iowanian,

Happy Birthday, dude! Next time you come to Omaha, I might have to buy you a couple brews. You're still dating that nursing student from Creighton, right?

Iowanian
04-10-2001, 10:28 AM
1. the happy nurse did treck 4 hrs across the state, baked a cake, tied helium ballons on the door hid her car, and was waiting in my favorite non TV room when I got home from work...Major bonus points to her....and Tomkat...I got the girl...Alot. :D

2. "Newman" wasn't intended to be the name of the shortbus...It was my pet name for Packfan on one of the more sarcastic days...but it works for me.

3.Postal, I will be in omaha sometime in May.

I'm very much reminded of the Hank JR song "all my rowdy friend have settled down"...particularly "Hangovers hurt more than they used to"

Friday I won $1300 at the boat, sunday sold a car, and monday got the unexpected visit...did I mention she is an aerobics instructor?....somedays ITS just good to be me.(others, not so much) ;)

~didn't make it to work until 10, But got here smiling.

thanks all.

seclark
04-10-2001, 10:40 AM
happy bday iowa!!! rest assured that at 4:46pm i will pop my first cold frosty in your honor. i hope when i get your age, i can remain living such an active life as you.

sec

Iowanian
04-10-2001, 11:00 AM
I think you've got that backwards...You hope that when I get to be YOUR age, I can keep up with your active lifestyle.

some gals were giving me a hard time yesterday....and I'll tell you the same thing i told them...(after discussing the new written driving exam)

I know the test was easier when you took it...there were only 2 correct answers...

1.Hiaaaa
2.Whoa

:)

seclark
04-10-2001, 11:15 AM
hiaaaa? whoa?

i thought that was still on the iowa drivers test...
sec

Phobia
04-10-2001, 11:22 AM
Watch it. There's a LOT of Iowa clout on this board. :)

Iowanian
04-10-2001, 11:22 AM
thanks in part to our increasing Amish population.

laughing to myself about how much an Amish man sounds like Santa clause at a stop sign...

"whoa dasher, whoa dancer, whoa donner, whoa blitzen".....actually, I think Jack is the most common name of the nags.

I should probably feel honored or something...just took a leak next to a Senator....Grassley that is.

Phobia
04-10-2001, 11:28 AM
Grassley's not dead yet? He was a senator in the late 70's when I was studying goverment in grade school.

PostalChief
04-10-2001, 12:36 PM
Iowanian,

What do you call an Amish man with his arm stuck up a horse's a$$?

A mechanic!

Hey, how does Sat night May 19th sound? I'll be turning the big 36, dude. You up to it?

Iowanian
04-10-2001, 12:41 PM
Postal,

I'm not sure when I'll be there next. If I'm there that weekend I'd definitely be in for it...I'm not that familiar with the city, but am learning a little more about the Dundee area...you close?
It all depends on my little friend, her graduation date and when she desides to move to DesMoines....I'll try to post something about it a week before my next 4hour tour....k

Grassley is definitely not dead....he is looking more like Reagan though.

PostalChief
04-10-2001, 01:00 PM
Iowanian,

We can play it by ear. Creighton University is a stones throw from downtown Omaha. You can cruise the Old Market district (Bars, restaurants and shopping) or head out to West Omaha and hit the dance clubs. There's a great comedy club out here and also some theme bars. Blues, CW or mainstream rock. Surprisingly, Omaha has just a little of everything. Whatever floats your boat.

tommykat
04-10-2001, 03:55 PM
Well Iowanian,
Sounds and from the looks of the big grin smiley face you had one heck of a b-day. HA...this is making me feel like one of the guys getting details now...Just like when I used to play golf with my X and the guys I would always say"nothing better than a day with the guys";)

Zebedee DuBois
04-10-2001, 04:31 PM
Happy B-Day Iowanian

from a former Iowa Boy.

Sounds like you had a fine one. :D