PDA

View Full Version : The Does Anyone Else Remember The Raiders Last Season Thread

Chiefs=Good
05-10-2007, 04:18 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else remember the season that the Faiders had last season? I mean seriously how much better can the worst team in the whole NFL last year, get through one draft. I mean sure maybe in two years but not next year. I can only see maximum two players of their draft starting next year Russell, and that tackle they drafted (whoever that was). Last year there line was appalling and they even happened to lose their best player on that line in Langston Walker. Why it is that everyone thinks that they are going to have an awesome season, and why do people think that they are going to destroy us in both games. Sure they may have had a good pass defense last year, but who wouldn’t when teams just run the ball against you and get a huge lead by half time, therefore not having to pass much in the second half. Shore J-Mac may be a super star, but can you see him carrying a team in his rookie season?

Anyways thats just some stuff of my chest
Any thoughts?

Direckshun
05-10-2007, 05:00 AM
Nobody thinks they're going to beat us both games.

They did just fine in the Draft. It's damn near impossible to do poorly in the Draft when you've got that kind of positioning throughout it.

And their free agency period hasn't busted the doors off any buildings, but it's been really aggressive at picking up OL. Of course, this FA period wasn't very rich at OL, but any group of schlubs will do better than last year's squad did.

The Raiders will improve. They've got the QB, they've got the defense, and it appears that they've got the coach. But they are a long ways away from making a serious leap.

A lot of their success will hinge directly on Russell's development, and history suggests it takes a season or two. By then, they might have spruced up their offense enough to be playoff contenders around 2008 or 2009, which is going to be a wicked couple of years for the AFC West as all four teams will be playoff contenders.

Edit: I should add that the Raiders face a very easy first 4 games.

Detroit, @Denver, Cleveland, @Miami.

It's conceivable that they could pull out a 3-1 record against this group of losers, and get their confidence up for one of those "statement seasons." I'm betting the Chiefs will sweep them yet again, with the game in Oakland proving very difficult, but the Raiders will not be the pushovers they were last year -- they'll be a pretty nasty speedbump.

Slick32
05-10-2007, 05:43 AM
Nobody thinks they're going to beat us both games.

They did just fine in the Draft. It's damn near impossible to do poorly in the Draft when you've got that kind of positioning throughout it.

And their free agency period hasn't busted the doors off any buildings, but it's been really aggressive at picking up OL. Of course, this FA period wasn't very rich at OL, but any group of schlubs will do better than last year's squad did.

The Raiders will improve. They've got the QB, they've got the defense, and it appears that they've got the coach. But they are a long ways away from making a serious leap.

A lot of their success will hinge directly on Russell's development, and history suggests it takes a season or two. By then, they might have spruced up their offense enough to be playoff contenders around 2008 or 2009, which is going to be a wicked couple of years for the AFC West as all four teams will be playoff contenders.

Edit: I should add that the Raiders face a very easy first 4 games.

Detroit, @Denver, Cleveland, @Miami.

It's conceivable that they could pull out a 3-1 record against this group of losers, and get their confidence up for one of those "statement seasons." I'm betting the Chiefs will sweep them yet again, with the game in Oakland proving very difficult, but the Raiders will not be the pushovers they were last year -- they'll be a pretty nasty speedbump.

I would hope that the Chiefs can sweep the Raiders, but I don't have a warm fuzzy feeling. If the Raiders new HC can pull out any magic with the new additions there might be a few surprises for opponents.

A few key additions can make a big difference. I just wish the Chiefs could find a way to have a few key additions.

Ugly Duck
05-10-2007, 06:44 AM
they even happened to lose their best player on that line in Langston Walker.

Oops! There goes your credibility....

Easy 6
05-10-2007, 07:01 AM
The fade 'might' win 2 more games than last year & thats about it.

A rookie QB who could be Vince Young redux or the Second Coming of Ryan Leaf (at best, uneven play), a first year head coach, an O line that should make us happy to have what we have & 1 reasonably talented but disgruntled WR.

And theres also no gaurantee that their D will play up to 06's level.

We will sweep these guys under the rug this year.

Count Zarth
05-10-2007, 07:19 AM
I want 10 in a row.

Buehler445
05-10-2007, 08:16 AM
The Jets made a pretty significant leap from 2005. IIRC, they won 2-3 games and yeilded the "Play to win the game!" speech, to 2006 competing with the sellouts (Pats) in the Playoffs. Much, much different situation with the QB injury situation, and don't have Al Davis at the helm, but they made a significant jump.

bdeg
05-10-2007, 09:37 AM
A few key additions can make a big difference. I just wish the Chiefs could find a way to have a few key additions.

Are you kidding me? Napoleon Harris, McIntosh, Donnie Edwards, Boone...

Those are all HUGE upgrades.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=159257

el borracho
05-10-2007, 09:44 AM
I haven't seen anyone say that the Raidurrs are going to have "an awesome season" nor "destroy us in both games". I expect the Raidurrs to finish last in the division again this year.