PDA

View Full Version : Steve wants to get me free money!

Bwana
05-10-2007, 08:17 AM
Rather than my standard FU reply to this clown, I wanted some other ideas to mess with him. :evil: Any thoughts............. Perhaps I could ask him for a loan or try to sell him Yellowstone park?

Dear Gregory,

My name is Steve Lowe. I trained and work as an external auditor for May Bank, working as part of a bigger team that covers the entire Asian region.. I had taken pains to find your contact through a colleague that is connected with your country`s chamber of commerce.

On routine audit check last year, I happened to find some investment accounts in the May Bank that had been dormant for over thirteen years. All the accounts belong to a single/ one account holder with monies totaling a little above 3.9 million United States Dollars. Further investigations of the said account reveal that the investor , had died in late 1992-the exact time the account was last operated. I also can confirm with absolute certainty that the said investor died interstate and no next -of -kin to his estate has been found or come forward all these years. Now, banking regulation/legislation here in Malaysia demand that I do notify the fiscal authorities of dormant accounts of this type .Indeed after a statutory time span of fifteen years, dormant accounts of this type are called in as unclaimed monies by the Malaysia monetary regulatory bodies.

The above set of fact is the reason why I have contacted you. I am of the settled conviction that using our insider leverage, we (I am working on this with one other Auditor), working with you can secure the funds in this May Bank account for ourselves instead of allowing it pass as unclaimed funds into the coffers of the Government of Malaysia. This is especially possible as you bear the same LAST NAME() to the said investor.

Of course you shall be handsomely rewarded for your part in this transaction as the person I am working with is prepared to allocate a 30% slice of the total funds for your efforts.

I shall however leave out the finer details of this transaction till I receive an affirmation of your desire to participate. Rest assured that we are on top of the situation all the time and there will be no risk whatsoever if you elect to come on board. Needless to say though, UTMOST CONFIDENTIALITY is of vital importance if we are to successfully reap the immense benefits of this transaction.
I shall furnish you with secure phone by which we shall communicate on getting a response from you with your reaching telephone numbers.

I do expect to hear from you.

Truly Steve

StcChief
05-10-2007, 08:23 AM
Bwana try this site for insightful responses.

http://www.scamdex.com/

Braincase
05-10-2007, 08:25 AM
Dear Steve,

I am anxious to discuss this business opportunity. I understand the need for secrecy, so when we meet at my residence, you can confirm your identity by driving rapidly through a pile of leaves I'll leave for you just off the curb in front of my house.

Sincerely,

Bwana

Baconeater
05-10-2007, 08:41 AM
Oh come on now, he clearly stated that there will be no risk whatsoever, what's the problem?

Bwana
05-10-2007, 08:41 AM

Nice

Bwana
05-10-2007, 08:42 AM
Dear Steve,

I am anxious to discuss this business opportunity. I understand the need for secrecy, so when we meet at my residence, you can confirm your identity by driving rapidly through a pile of leaves I'll leave for you just off the curb in front of my house.

Sincerely,

Bwana

ROFL

You do know you have several n00bs going "what the hell is BC talking about?"

trndobrd
05-10-2007, 08:44 AM
http://www.419eater.com/

All kinds of scam baiting tips and tricks. Maybe you can get "Steve" to send you picture of himself with a fish on his head to prove he's serious. (see Trophy Room).

Good Stuff!

Otter
05-10-2007, 08:50 AM
Just when you lose faith in humanity some good samaritan like this comes along.

I'd string him along with phony account numbers and addresses and phone numbers that match the FBI Headquarters down in Quantico.

JimNasium
05-10-2007, 08:52 AM
ROFL

You do know you have several n00bs going "what the hell is BC talking about?"As a general rule I have no idea what the hell BC is talking about.

Bwana
05-10-2007, 08:53 AM
Just when you lose faith in humanity some good samaritan like this comes along.

I'd string him along with phony account numbers and addresses and phone numbers that match the FBI Headquarters down in Quantico.

Oh, I like that! Either that, or the CIA. :)

Braincase
05-10-2007, 08:54 AM
ROFL

You do know you have several n00bs going "what the hell is BC talking about?"

I could have put "demonstrate your sincerity by screwing the fat deaf chick next door", but it just didn't fit in the context.

Bob Dole
05-10-2007, 09:19 AM

And try this site for more entertainment.

http://www.419eater.com

Pestilence
05-10-2007, 09:24 AM
Well way to blow it! I'm pretty sure by UTMOST CONFIDENTIALITY....that means not posting it on a Chiefs message board. lol

Bowser
05-10-2007, 09:28 AM
Tell him that's chump change to the 18 million the dude from Nigeria is offering you. Work it right, and you could get these guys to start a bidding war.

Iowanian
05-10-2007, 09:28 AM
I'd suggest a correspondance, feigning interest in his idea....and then post his reply and let the planet compose the response.

mikey23545
05-10-2007, 09:31 AM
"He died interstate"?

Talk about the highway to hell....

Bwana
05-10-2007, 09:37 AM
Well way to blow it! I'm pretty sure by UTMOST CONFIDENTIALITY....that means not posting it on a Chiefs message board. lol

Ooooopsie Poopsie, um, does this mean I am not going to get MY money? :hmmm:

Nice web page as well Dole. ROFL

I sent the guy back a letter about how excited I was about the prospect of my new found windfall. I told him I had been going through some hard times (bait) and his money would "change my life." I followed that up with explaining how he sounded legitimate, but I need to see a picture of him with a can of Chicken Of The Sea tuna on his head in order to insure that this wasn't just some chain letter. I also gave him my number and told him to call ONLY AFTER he had sent the picture, which coincidently happens to be the same number of the local FBI. 4321

Bwana
05-10-2007, 09:43 AM
I'd suggest a correspondance, feigning interest in his idea....and then post his reply and let the planet compose the response.

I'll let you know if he responds. If the keyboard of doom were to be unleashed un him, he may very well decide to go out of business. :)

Iowanian
05-10-2007, 09:43 AM
BUMBLEBEE TUNA!

Civility has brought nothing but bad luck, they keyboad could use a good stretch.

I think it might be negative effects of a chain letter I failed to forward that is the root cause of my poor luck as of late.

Pestilence
05-10-2007, 09:45 AM
Well if it doesn't work out for you....make sure to forward on my e-mail address. I could use the extra millions.

chasedude
05-10-2007, 09:56 AM
BUMBLEBEE TUNA!

Civility has brought nothing but bad luck, they keyboad could use a good stretch.

I think it might be negative effects of a chain letter I failed to forward that is the root cause of my poor luck as of late.

Funny you bring up Tuna. My workplace has smelled like tuna all day! I've been walking around trying to play that game "Find that Smell" but haven't had any luck. I work with a lot of women, so I'm wondering who stinks! :hmmm:

Braincase
05-10-2007, 10:12 AM
Dear n00bs, lurkers, and Internet Stalkers,

If you fail to understand the reference I made in an earlier reply, I direct you to this Hall of Classics (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=72933) thread.

The Hall of Classics threads can provide you with valuable insight into the sociopathic, disturbed, and sometimes just straight-out mean nature of the good folks that post on this bulletin board.

And if you don't care for my opinion, well then...

(Cue Iowanian)

Mr. Plow
05-10-2007, 10:21 AM
Maybe you missed this part:

Needless to say though, UTMOST CONFIDENTIALITY is of vital importance if we are to successfully reap the immense benefits of this transaction.

UTMOST CONFIDENTIALITY is needed. I don't think posting this deal on the internet qualifies. If you would be so kind as to give me his email address, I will let him know that you have broken the trust that had just been set. I will also let him know that I am willing to participate in this plan as it sounds 100% legit.

trndobrd
05-10-2007, 10:37 AM
http://www.419eater.com/

All kinds of scam baiting tips and tricks. Maybe you can get "Steve" to send you picture of himself with a fish on his head to prove he's serious. (see Trophy Room).

Good Stuff!

Here are some classics from 419eater.com. This guy convinces the scammers that he needs a picture of them to be sure that they are legit.

trndobrd
05-10-2007, 10:39 AM
More...

trndobrd
05-10-2007, 10:40 AM
Nothing like taking a picture with a fish...

Pestilence
05-10-2007, 10:49 AM
Damn...now I wish I got some of these e-mails....just so I can fugg with the people.

Simply Red
05-10-2007, 10:51 AM
Pardon if I missed this; but was this transmitted via email?

Phobia
05-10-2007, 10:52 AM
I think the only way to get these millions is to become a hunting guide in Nigeria. You organize trips to Nigeria and supply the big game rifles. Then you guide people to the internet cafes and start picking off the scammers one by one. Imagine how much money you could make...

tooge
05-10-2007, 11:09 AM
Tell him you will send him all the info he needs if he will put on a Bronco jersey and hat, bend over, and stick a large red arrowhead up his ass and take a photo. that would be some great bulletin board stuff.

StcChief
05-10-2007, 11:13 AM
And try this site for more entertainment.

http://www.419eater.com

google returns results consistently I see...

I saw that one too.... I like the format/style of the other.

stlchiefs
05-10-2007, 01:32 PM
the said investor died interstate

Was he hit by a car? Perhaps Steve meant intestate, but I'm sure he knows what he's talking about, after all he does this for a living. :)

Bwana
05-10-2007, 02:20 PM
Well if it doesn't work out for you....make sure to forward on my e-mail address. I could use the extra millions.
By all means!! If any of you would like to write my new buddy Steve, here you go. :evil:

steve lowe <steve_lowe007@yahoo.com>