PDA

View Full Version : Cop who made pot brownies will avoid charges

sedated
05-11-2007, 07:42 AM
Cop who made pot brownies will avoid charges

Mich. officer and wife admitted using drugs taken from suspects for baking

DEARBORN, Mich. - A police officer will avoid criminal charges despite admitting he took marijuana from criminal suspects and, with his wife, baked it into brownies.

The police department’s decision not to pursue a case against former Cpl. Edward Sanchez left a bad taste in the mouth of at least one city official, who vowed to investigate.

“If you’re a cop and you’re arresting people and you’re confiscating the marijuana and keeping it yourself, that’s bad. That’s real bad,” said City Councilman Doug Thomas.

Sanchez, who resigned last year from the department in this Detroit suburb, declined comment Wednesday to the Detroit Free Press. Police Cmdr. Jeff Geisinger did not return calls seeking comment.

The department’s investigation began with a 911 call from Sanchez’s home on April 21, 2006. On a 5-minute tape of the call, obtained by the Free Press, Sanchez told an emergency dispatcher he thought he and his wife were overdosing on marijuana.

“I think we’re dying,” he said. “We made brownies and I think we’re dead, I really do.”

Sanchez later told police investigators that his wife took the marijuana out of his police vehicle while he was sleeping. In a subsequent interview, he admitted he got the marijuana out of the car himself and put it in the brownie mix, police said.

His wife also was not charged.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18587902/?GT1=9951

NewChief
05-11-2007, 07:51 AM
“I think we’re dying,” he said. “We made brownies and I think we’re dead, I really do.”

ROFL

I've seen someone in this condition before. One of my college friends was sick for like 3 days off of brownies. Eating pot is one of the only ways you can actually OD on the stuff.

Saggysack
05-11-2007, 07:58 AM
You can't OD on marijuana. Eating it, smoking it, vaporizing it, or oiling it up. More than likely if he was sick for 3 days, he was sick from the eggs in the brownies.

Otter
05-11-2007, 08:06 AM
Many moons ago a friend of mine cooked pot brownies for a camping trip that we went on. There were about 12 of us there as couples.

After getting settled in he passed out the brownies and all of the girls decided that it being labor day weekend and that they're on vacation to give it a whirl for the first time.

Back in those days I was, how shall I say, familiar to THC circulating throughout my system. But after eating one full brownie I was really, really, really stoned. It wasn't even an enjoyable buzz because it so intense.

Half of the poor girls, and some of the guys were crying and yelling "I'm poisoned, take me to the hospital". Well the last place I was going at that point was to the hospital so it turned into a 2 hour therapy session of "you're going to be ok" and "you just ate too much pot, if you're not ok in a couple hours we'll go to the hospital".

Everyone was OK once it ran it's course but beware if you try the brownie route. It can be really brutal. It's not the same as smoking it.

NewChief
05-11-2007, 08:06 AM
You can't OD on marijuana. Eating it, smoking it, vaporizing it, or oiling it up. More than likely if he was sick for 3 days, he was sick from the eggs in the brownies.

Uhhh. You're wrong. You can get seriously nauseous, feverish, and delirious from ingesting too much. You can't OD to the point of being at actual risk of death, but you can overdose to the point of having a very, very bad time.
http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/6155.html

Bacon Cheeseburger
05-11-2007, 08:18 AM
Many moons ago a friend of mine cooked pot brownies for a camping trip that we went on. There were about 12 of us there as couples.

After getting settled in he passed out the brownies and all of the girls decided that it being labor day weekend and that they're on vacation to give it a whirl for the first time.

Back in those days I was, how shall I say, familiar to THC circulating throughout my system. But after eating one full brownie I was really, really, really stoned. It wasn't even an enjoyable buzz because it so intense.

Half of the poor girls, and some of the guys were crying and yelling "I'm poisoned, take me to the hospital". Well the last place I was going at that point was to the hospital so it turned into a 2 hour therapy session of "you're going to be ok" and "you just ate too much pot, if you're not ok in a couple hours we'll go to the hospital".

Everyone was OK once it ran it's course but beware if you try the brownie route. It can be really brutal. It's not the same as smoking it.
Wow, how much weed did he put in them?

Otter
05-11-2007, 08:21 AM
Wow, how much weed did he put in them?

A little over a 1/4 in a 7" round pan. A bit wider but shallower than your average kitchen bowl.

JonesCrusher
05-11-2007, 08:35 AM
Uhhh. You're wrong. You can get seriously nauseous, feverish, and delirious from ingesting too much. You can't OD to the point of being at actual risk of death, but you can overdose to the point of having a very, very bad time.

So you won't die to the point of your heart stopping, you will just die to the point of not having a good time.

Sounds super duper horrible.

NewChief
05-11-2007, 08:45 AM
So you won't die to the point of your heart stopping, you will just die to the point of not having a good time.

Sounds super duper horrible.

"Overdose" doesn't always mean to die. It can also mean to take an amount of something to the point that it has unintended effects. Getting cold sweats and hugging a toilet for 12 hours, while hallucinating and being delusional, is a little worse that "not having a good time."

ping2000
05-11-2007, 08:45 AM
Dirty Sanchez

Mr. Plow
05-11-2007, 09:10 AM
Sanchez later told police investigators that his wife took the marijuana out of his police vehicle while he was sleeping.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18587902/?GT1=9951

What an evil bitch. Waits until he is asleep. Then makes pot brownies. I'm not sure why he even married her.

ROYC75
05-11-2007, 09:14 AM
sheesh :rolleyes:

Saggysack
05-11-2007, 09:27 AM

For 3 days? Nah, that was complete and utter BS.

When I smoked, I used to smoke alot. And I mean alot. Right around a pound a month. And for you math challenged heffers, that's a 1/4lb a week. That was many moons and alot of money ago though. I've eaten it, smoked it, vapo'ed it, soaked it in alcohol and cooked down to oil, pressure cooked it, cooked in butter and strained, rubbed over micron screens, extracted THC from ice water. I've had some of the best that is out there, and no I'm not talking about schwag either. I've had marijuana that has so many THC crystals that it looks like it was rolled in sugar. I've seen whitey's, I have experienced the black spot when you try to hold on to long. Trust me, I'm not trying to brag, just being honest. But I've never seen or experienced what your friend says he experienced. I'm going to take a guess and say since he was in college, he probaly wasn't just only eating a brownie.

sedated
05-11-2007, 09:32 AM
when I've made them, we used clippings from some KB that a friend was growing. they were incredible, but made you crash hard after a few hours.

* this post in no way admits growing pot, trimming pot leaves, making pot brownies, having, smoking, or distributing marijuana in any way, shape, or form.
- sedated's expensive lawyer

NewChief
05-11-2007, 09:33 AM
But I've never seen or experienced what your friend says he experienced. I'm going to take a guess and say since he was in college, he probaly wasn't just only eating a brownie.

I was there. He was the only one that got sick. He ate an entire pan of brownies on his own. It was his birthday. Everyone else split another pan among about 8 people and was flying. I think they put about an ounce between the two batches. Back in those days, our house usually had a QP sitting in it at all times.

Edit: I should add that for about a year, we had "brownie Sundays" every week. Yes, weekly. This is the only time that someone "overdosed" in that year. It's possible that it was from something else, but I don't think so. If you google "marijuana overdose vomiting," you'll see that it's pretty well documented that you can get pretty sick off of brownies.

Bacon Cheeseburger
05-11-2007, 09:43 AM

When I smoked, I used to smoke alot. And I mean alot. Right around a pound a month. And for you math challenged heffers, that's a 1/4lb a week. That was many moons and alot of money ago though. I've eaten it, smoked it, vapo'ed it, soaked it in alcohol and cooked down to oil, pressure cooked it, cooked in butter and strained, rubbed over micron screens, extracted THC from ice water. I've had some of the best that is out there, and no I'm not talking about schwag either. I've had marijuana that has so many THC crystals that it looks like it was rolled in sugar. I've seen whitey's, I have experienced the black spot when you try to hold on to long. Trust me, I'm not trying to brag, just being honest. But I've never seen or experienced what your friend says he experienced. I'm going to take a guess and say since he was in college, he probaly wasn't just only eating a brownie.
Holy crap. I thought Sedated was bad...

I was there. He was the only one that got sick. He ate an entire pan of brownies on his own. It was his birthday. Everyone else split another pan among about 8 people and was flying. I think they put about an ounce between the two batches. Back in those days, our house usually had a QP sitting in it at all times.
I'm no doctor, but I'm guessing that after eating an entire pan of brownies you're not going to be feeling the best, weed or no weed.

Reerun_KC
05-11-2007, 10:18 AM
Anyone surprised that a cop would steal from the people he arrested?

sedated
05-11-2007, 10:20 AM
Anyone surprised that a cop would steal from the people he arrested?

let me think. no

crazycoffey
05-11-2007, 10:30 AM
Freakin cops, what dirtbags.

boogblaster
05-11-2007, 11:47 AM
Don't eat the green-leaf brownies..you might have a craving to rat yourself to the authorities....

Mr. Laz
05-11-2007, 11:51 AM
i'm a guy that thinks most drugs should be legal for adults.

but the fact that this couple gets off because(probably) he's a cop is crap.

Fish
05-11-2007, 12:00 PM

Edit: I should add that for about a year, we had "brownie Sundays" every week. Yes, weekly. This is the only time that someone "overdosed" in that year. It's possible that it was from something else, but I don't think so. If you google "marijuana overdose vomiting," you'll see that it's pretty well documented that you can get pretty sick off of brownies.

He was more likely sick because he ate a pound of chocolate in one sitting. Have him try again without the bud and see what happens....

POND_OF_RED
05-11-2007, 12:15 PM
You took too much man, you took too much!
http://www.beniciodeltoro.com/images/films/fear/fear2.jpg

Inspector
05-11-2007, 12:31 PM
I remember a friend who put some mushrooms on his pizza.....never mind. That was totally different....

sedated
05-11-2007, 12:46 PM

LMAO

DaFace
05-11-2007, 01:14 PM

:eek: Holy crap, dude. I have friends that go through 1/4 oz a week and it seems like they never stop!

gblowfish
05-11-2007, 02:00 PM
The 911 call attached as an MP3

Pestilence
05-11-2007, 02:08 PM
http://www.beniciodeltoro.com/images/films/fear/fear2.jpg

How much did they pay you to **** that bear?

POND_OF_RED
05-11-2007, 02:21 PM
ROFL ROFL ROFL WOW! "time is going by really really really really slow..." must have been an overdose I've never heard of that symptom before...

NewChief
05-11-2007, 02:33 PM

Wow. I bet that guy felt like an idiot once he came down.

NewChief
05-11-2007, 02:36 PM
Wow. I bet that guy felt like an idiot once he came down.
ROFL

"What's the score on the Red Wings game? I just want to make sure this isn't some kind of hallucination."

acesn8s
05-11-2007, 02:40 PM
Cop who made pot brownies will avoid charges

Mich. officer and wife admitted using drugs taken from suspects for baking

DEARBORN, Mich. - A police officer will avoid criminal charges despite admitting he took marijuana from criminal suspects and, with his wife, baked it into brownies.

The police department’s decision not to pursue a case against former Cpl. Edward Sanchez left a bad taste in the mouth of at least one city official, who vowed to investigate.

On a 5-minute tape of the call, obtained by the Free Press, Sanchez told an emergency dispatcher he thought he and his wife were overdosing on marijuana.

Sanchez later told police investigators that his wife took the marijuana out of his police vehicle while he was sleeping. In a subsequent interview, he admitted he got the marijuana out of the car himself and put it in the brownie mix, police said.

Let me see if I get this right....

This police officer steals from a citizen of the USA, arrests that person for possessing the property that he now possess, hampers the investigation by consuming the evidence, and then blames his wife?

All of those laws broken but it is alright because he is....

THE LAW!

what about other laws that we break to uphold the peace?

Let's be Rational, instead. I really hope you are just messing around and being sarcastic to see what I'll say.

I can't answer you any more truthful than this; I take my oath very seriously, I hold an awesome responsibility as a police officer (when I was one and when I become one again), and it does mean that sometimes I technically break the law in order to uphold it. I don't have an answer but that is just the way it is, and I don't know that I could want it to be any different.

To serve and to protect by breaking the law.

Otter
05-11-2007, 04:19 PM
Imagine that poor sap showing up for work on Monday around a bunch of cops no less.

"my mother in law just showed up" - good lord talk about throwing gas on the fire.

Bet ya the guy whos bag he stole is getting a hell of a laugh.

Joie
05-11-2007, 07:09 PM
Imagine that poor sap showing up for work on Monday around a bunch of cops no less.

"my mother in law just showed up" - good lord talk about throwing gas on the fire.

Bet ya the guy whos bag he stole is getting a hell of a laugh.
Yep. I'm sure he's laughing his ass off from his jail cell at the cop that got high off HIS weed and walked.

JaMarcus Russell
05-11-2007, 07:58 PM
I used to smoke alot. And I mean alot. Right around a pound a month. And for you math challenged heffers, that's a 1/4lb a week.

I know you didnt smoke a QP a week. But one things for sure.....'You'd be a whole lot cooler if you did'

Otter
05-11-2007, 09:33 PM
Yep. I'm sure he's laughing his ass off from his jail cell at the cop that got high off HIS weed and walked.

I'm not a cop but I would imagine it's pretty hard to stick someone in jail for marijuana and take their pot. I mean how do you explain that on the paper work when it comes to evidence?

I assumed it was a "give me the pot, learn your lesson and go home" kind of deal.

Fishpicker
05-11-2007, 09:36 PM
I'm not a cop but I would imagine it's pretty hard to stick someone in jail and take their pot for the same offense. I mean how do you explain that on the paper work when it comes to evidence?

I assumed it was a "give me the pot and go home" kind of deal.

ya that makes sense. if the cop arrested anyone he would have turned the evidence in while processing the perp.

Joie
05-11-2007, 09:38 PM
I'm not a cop but I would imagine it's pretty hard to stick someone in jail for marijuana and take their pot. I mean how do you explain that on the paper work when it comes to evidence?

I assumed it was a "give me the pot, learn your lesson and go home" kind of deal.
I dunno. I'm not a cop and I've never been arrested. Not quite sure about the protocol on the situation. I assumed the cop had taken a portion of the drugs.

Otter
05-11-2007, 09:43 PM
I dunno. I'm not a cop and I've never been arrested. Not quite sure about the protocol on the situation. I assumed the cop had taken a portion of the drugs.

That could be correct as well. Judging by the publicity given to this case we'll probably find out.

I'll bet you a beer I'm right. :D

Joie
05-11-2007, 09:46 PM
That could be correct as well. Judging by the publicity given to this case we'll probably find out.

I'll bet you a beer I'm right. :D
I don't like beer. What else you got?

Otter
05-11-2007, 09:47 PM
I don't like beer. What else you got?

Pot brownies

Joie
05-11-2007, 09:49 PM
Pot brownies
I'm not a cop. I'll go to jail.

Otter
05-11-2007, 09:50 PM
I'm not a cop. I'll go to jail.

Only if you get caught

POND_OF_RED
05-11-2007, 10:42 PM

One of my buddies actually got busted with a Quarter Pound but when he read his charge it was only two ounces (two ounces missing)....it can happen no ones gonna argue that they had more weed...a few pinches here and there and you've got yourself a nice little sack.

luv
05-11-2007, 10:53 PM
Only if you get caught
Take the bet. I'll take the brow....beer.