PDA

View Full Version : Arby's Chiefs Mini Camp - June 2

luv
05-11-2007, 05:31 PM
Is anyone off of here going? If you've been before, what was it like? Would it be worth driving up from Springfield?

Sorry if repost.

http://www.kcchiefs.com/arbys/

SLAG
05-11-2007, 05:33 PM
its kinda fun if not usally hot a heck out there.. its kinda cool to walk all over arrowhead..

i think its mostly a ploy to sell more season tickets..

that all said I think i will take the kiddos out there again this year.

luv
05-11-2007, 05:42 PM
Is it pretty easy to get some good autographs?

SLAG
05-11-2007, 05:43 PM
Not sure never tried , but i suppose so if you arrive early enough

Dicky McElephant
05-11-2007, 05:46 PM

Damn I wish I could go and get some autographs. I'm not flying in from California though.

Sure-Oz
05-11-2007, 06:46 PM
will they sell arbys

TinyEvel
05-11-2007, 06:51 PM
Ryan Sims is now ESPECIALLY bummed. He was looking forward to eating all that Arby's.

luv
05-11-2007, 07:15 PM
will they sell arbys
The tickets are free, so they'll probably be selling everything under the sun in there.

Dunit35
05-14-2007, 12:33 PM

I landed 2 two autographs the first year I went.

Sammy Knight
Greg Wesley

I then landed 8 last year.

Patrick Surtain
Jason Dunn
Brodie Croyle
Key Fox
LJ
Junior Siavii (waste of ink)
Casey Weigmann
Bernard Pollard

Dunit35
05-14-2007, 12:34 PM
Edit: Wish I could go to this one...but we're trying to get tickets to go to the home opener this year.

Phobia
05-14-2007, 12:37 PM
It's not for everyone but it's worth the price of admission for the family, IMO. If they'd open the gates earlier for the full tailgate experience I'd be more excited about it. I've been the past two years. The first year I was hanging out with a 3 year old kid who was sitting nearby with his mother by the end of practice. Last year I was napping. It's like, uh, watching football players practice so there's not a whole lot of entertainment value - unless you really enjoy watching football practice.

luv
05-14-2007, 12:40 PM
It's not for everyone but it's worth the price of admission for the family, IMO. If they'd open the gates earlier for the full tailgate experience I'd be more excited about it. I've been the past two years. The first year I was hanging out with a 3 year old kid who was sitting nearby with his mother by the end of practice. Last year I was napping. It's like, uh, watching football players practice so there's not a whole lot of entertainment value - unless you really enjoy watching football practice.
I've never seen one.

Saulbadguy
05-14-2007, 12:43 PM
It's boring as shit.

Sully
05-14-2007, 12:44 PM
I wouldn't drive from Springfield to watch it.
No pads, no real contact, Holthus doing a cheesy announcer deal....
...and this is coming from a guy who drives to River Falls yearly to watch practice.

Phobia
05-14-2007, 12:46 PM
I've never seen one.

Imagine 2 hours of pre-game warm-ups.

Fish
05-14-2007, 12:50 PM
It's fun if you need tailgating practice.....

luv
05-14-2007, 01:06 PM
Imagine 2 hours of pre-game warm-ups.
Eh. I would go more for some Arrowhead photo ops and the chance to snag some signatures anyway. It's over early enough that I could do some other stuff before heading home. I'm really wanting to go, but I'm not 100% on whether I will.

Dunit35
05-14-2007, 01:10 PM
I wouldn't drive from Springfield to watch it.
No pads, no real contact, Holthus doing a cheesy announcer deal....
...and this is coming from a guy who drives to River Falls yearly to watch practice.

The first year DJ was playing, LJ got a toss and ran to the outside only to run smack into Derrick. Larry lowered his shoulder and so did Derrick. Derrick stood him up.

Micjones
05-14-2007, 01:12 PM
I've been the past two seasons.
I'm planning to go again this year.

If you're a die-hard Chiefs fans I think it'll be right up your alley. Especially to see the draftees.

The WR/CB battles are always good.

luv
05-14-2007, 01:20 PM
The first year DJ was playing, LJ got a toss and ran to the outside only to run smack into Derrick. Larry lowered his shoulder and so did Derrick. Derrick stood him up.
That doesn't sound like pregame warmups to me.

Phobia
05-14-2007, 01:44 PM
That doesn't sound like pregame warmups to me.

Sure it does. There's no tackling or anything.

I don't want to discourage you from coming, I just don't want anybody to expect anything it's not. I'm as big a football fan as anyone and I'll probably go to it again this year but it's pretty boring. I wouldn't want to drive any further than an hour or so....

Dunit35
05-14-2007, 01:46 PM

I don't want to discourage you from coming, I just don't want anybody to expect anything it's not. I'm as big a football fan as anyone and I'll probably go to it again this year but it's pretty boring. I wouldn't want to drive any further than an hour or so....

We drove five hours to see the last two. But my grandpa lives there and my father grew up there. So we visit the family also.

Monty
05-14-2007, 02:00 PM
It's fun if you need tailgating practice.....

You can never go wrong by practicing proper tailgating technique. :D

luv
05-14-2007, 02:15 PM

I've driven to KC for lesser things. Still undecided, but definitely leaning towards going. It's a road trip, and it's something to do for free. Of course, the cost of gas makes up for that.

Mainly just checking to see who all I might have the opportunity to bump into while I'm there.

Phobia
05-14-2007, 02:57 PM
Mainly just checking to see who all I might have the opportunity to bump into while I'm there.
I don't think Brian is coming.

luv
05-14-2007, 03:01 PM
I don't think Brian is coming.
Damn.

Direckshun
05-14-2007, 03:22 PM
I kept my eyes on secondary drills because I was so hyped on Ty Law.

It's amazing how fast they are when you're up there in person watching them work out.

Dave Lane
05-14-2007, 03:31 PM
It worth a drive unless you have something better to do. I enjoyed the ones I've gone to though I did get burned to a crisp at one...

Dave