PDA

View Full Version : Q&A with WR DWAYNE BOWE

Claynus
05-12-2007, 07:28 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2007/05/12/qa_with_wr_dwayne_bowe__512/

ROOKIE MINI-CAMP

Q: How was your first day?

BOWE: “Pretty good. The anxiety level is kind of high. Everybody is out here running around. Just to get out here in football shape is a good thing and we are all working together.”

Q: What did the coaches want to see from you guys today?

BOWE: “Just to finish and run fast. If you do it wrong, just run fast. They just want to see everybody compete, then tag off and run fast.”

Q: Is this overwhelming?

BOWE: “The first day is always going to feel like coming in as a freshman in college. Once you get into the system you are in there and you are good to go.”

Q: How much different is this playbook from the one you had in college?

BOWE: “The number of plays really. The concepts of some things are different. It is kind of the same as college, but a little more. One thing may change here depending on where you play.”

Q: Did the coaches give you any feedback during the practice?

BOWE: “They told me to finish. ‘We know you don’t know everything, but just finish. That is all we want to see you do – work hard.’ That is what I came here to do.”

Q: Did you study all night?

BOWE: “The little bit of time you do have before you get real tired you are going to go into the playbook. You will dip in there a little bit, but you cannot cram all of in on the first day.”

Q: Is it hard working with a different quarterback from one you may have in training camp?

BOWE: “All I can do is run routes and catch balls. Different quarterbacks are going to change, but all I have to do is run my route. There are different quarterbacks. Some throw this way or that way, but all I have to worry about is catching the ball.”

Q: What is it like working with wide receivers coach Charlie Joiner?

BOWE: “He is great. He is on me every play and I like that. He is going to get me better.”

Q: Were you nervous?

BOWE: “The coaches told me to loosen up. ‘You come out here, but just loosen up. I know you feel like a freshman all over.’ I told them I feel like a freshman. They said, ‘you are going to feel like that the first couple of days, but just loosen up.’ But once I get in there I will be good to go.”

Q: What is your goal?

BOWE: “The starting lineup is in the back of my mind, but right now I just want to compete. No matter where I am at I want to help the team win.”

Q: Did you feel intimidating on the field today?

BOWE: “Today I felt in between going against new guys, new quarterbacks and not knowing if the timing was going to be there or not. That is all part of football. You just have to go out there and compete.”

Q: Do you feel one pressure being a first-round pick?

BOWE: “At first I felt like that, but the coach told me to calm down and play like you were at LSU. This (afternoon) I am going to pretend I am in the LSU colors and go full speed.”

keg in kc
05-12-2007, 07:30 PM
Wait. Where's the league-mandated "It's like I'm a freshman again"?

wazu
05-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Wait. Where's the league-mandated "It's like I'm a freshman again"?

It's in the answer to the third question.

Q: Is this overwhelming?

BOWE: “The first day is always going to feel like coming in as a freshman in college. Once you get into the system you are in there and you are good to go.”

kstater
05-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Q: What is your goal?

BOWE: “The starting lineup is in the back of my mind, but right now I just want to compete. No matter where I am at I want to help the team win.”

Translation: The WR on this team are chumps, I should start every game.

keg in kc
05-12-2007, 07:36 PM
It's in the answer to the third question.Oh, good. Whew, thought he'd left it out.

SNR
05-12-2007, 07:38 PM
Did you feel intimidating on the field today?This question must've been asked by Athan.

blueballs
05-12-2007, 08:20 PM
Don't feel like a freshman aond overwhelmed Mr Bowe
you'll still be making 5 times as much as the coaches

Rain Man
05-12-2007, 09:27 PM
I can't help it. Every time I hear his name, I think of a little girl with a speech impediment pointing at a rainbow.

ChiefJustice
05-12-2007, 11:54 PM
I can't help it. Every time I hear his name, I think of a little girl with a speech impediment pointing at a rainbow.

You,sir,are the king!

ROFL