PDA

View Full Version : Alex Gordon=Billy "Downtown" Anderson

petegz28
05-12-2007, 09:15 PM
For those of you who have seen Major League III: Back to the Minors you know what I am talking about.

big nasty kcnut
05-12-2007, 09:51 PM
pete come on he will be better. He need some more time.

Reaper16
05-12-2007, 10:18 PM
Pete gets a hard on every time he complains about Alex Gordon.

Sully
05-12-2007, 10:24 PM
There were no such things as sequels to Major League. It's simply an urban myth.
I will admit, there were some terrible, awful baseball movies which may have roughly taken on the same theme, and even had some very similar characters, even copying their names in some instances...
...but I think we all know that those had nothing to do with the greatness that was Major League.

Same goes for Caddyshack and Slap Shot (or non-sports related... Blues Brothers).

Demonpenz
05-12-2007, 10:28 PM
There were no such things as sequels to Major League. It's simply an urban myth.
I will admit, there were some terrible, awful baseball movies which may have roughly taken on the same theme, and even had some very similar characters, even copying their names in some instances...
...but I think we all know that those had nothing to do with the greatness that was Major League.

Same goes for Caddyshack and Slap Shot (or non-sports related... Blues Brothers).

Uh there was actually a major 2 and 3. Check IMBD

Sully
05-12-2007, 10:29 PM
Uh there was actually a major 2 and 3. Check IMBD
They never happened.
Also, the sarcasm meter was never actually created.

Demonpenz
05-12-2007, 10:36 PM
you should be sarcastic with something as important as major league

petegz28
05-12-2007, 10:44 PM
pete come on he will be better. He need some more time.

he needs to go to AAA and get better. He is not going to do anything good up at this level right now. He is getting worse at the plate if you ask me.

I know he will be good but we re ruining him right now.

Demonpenz
05-12-2007, 10:48 PM
the way he didn't pull the trigger on a hanging mcdougal pitch was disgusting. That is a ball that needs to be crushed

Reaper16
05-13-2007, 12:32 AM
the way he didn't pull the trigger on a hanging mcdougal pitch was disgusting. That is a ball that needs to be crushed
I thought the exact same thing. I literally winced at that pitch; any batter should have blasted it out of the park.

keg in kc
05-13-2007, 12:44 AM
It's easy to say that sitting at home. The reality is, it's hella easy to get yourself wrung up when you're expecting to see one pitch and another one is delivered. Ask Frank Thomas.

Demonpenz
05-13-2007, 12:48 AM
It's easy to say that sitting at home. The reality is, it's hella easy to get yourself wrung up when you're expecting to see one pitch and another one is delivered. Ask Frank Thomas.

You shouldn't be expecting a pitch. You should time the fastball and get a hack on anything else.

Demonpenz
05-13-2007, 12:49 AM
You have a ball at eye level and with mcstupid arm angle you should be able to pick up the spin on it.

keg in kc
05-13-2007, 01:09 AM
You shouldn't be expecting a pitch. You should time the fastball and get a hack on anything else.Riiiight.

I can see right now there's no point in talking about this anymore.

penguinz
05-13-2007, 05:53 AM
I may be wrong but I think that Gordon's Batting Average is higher than Brett's was at this point of his first full season.

Demonpenz
05-13-2007, 09:32 AM
It looks like he holds his hands too close to his body too tying himself up. I wish I could work him for awhile. I think my baseball resume speaks for itself.