PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know when the FFLs start up?

ChiefJustice
05-13-2007, 02:45 AM
I'm just curious.I played in a couple of free ones that were started on
the planet 2 years ago.People laughed at me then for choosing Manning
in the first round over a sub-par RB. :p

Now that i have a reliable internet connection again,I'm just wondering when these free leagues start up again.Cuz' i want in!

acesn8s
05-13-2007, 02:50 AM
signup usually begins in july

Valiant
05-13-2007, 02:53 AM
Usually end of summer...

Depending on where I pick I always go QB if I am not in the top 3 of drafting... Drafting a elite QB is better then drafting a second tier RB... Now if you were in the top three and took Manning I would question you though...

Manning has been my QB for the past three years in my competitive league, finally won the championship after losing two years in a row in the division championship and championship...

Nzoner
05-13-2007, 03:24 AM
I'm just curious.I played in a couple of free ones that were started on
the planet 2 years ago.People laughed at me then for choosing Manning
in the first round over a sub-par RB. :p

Now that i have a reliable internet connection again,I'm just wondering when these free leagues start up again.Cuz' i want in!

Sorry but free leagues suck,you want to really grt into FF get into a $100 + 12 team league with some buddies and have a full blown draft etc. then the fun really begins.

Miles
05-13-2007, 04:08 AM
Sorry but free leagues suck,you want to really grt into FF get into a $100 + 12 team league with some buddies and have a full blown draft etc. then the fun really begins.

Couldn't agree more.

ChiefJustice
05-13-2007, 04:29 AM
Usually end of summer...

Depending on where I pick I always go QB if I am not in the top 3 of drafting... Drafting a elite QB is better then drafting a second tier RB... Now if you were in the top three and took Manning I would question you though...

Manning has been my QB for the past three years in my competitive league, finally won the championship after losing two years in a row in the division championship and championship...

I was second to last in that first round.All the good backs were gone.

ChiefJustice
05-13-2007, 04:32 AM

Probably a good idea.My problem is that no one i know is the least bit interested in FF except my fellow planeteers.

Mile High Mania
05-13-2007, 07:04 AM
Most real action won't happen until July... but, I agree with the others on finding a 'pay' league.

Fire Me Boy!
05-13-2007, 09:48 AM
Probably a good idea.My problem is that no one i know is the least bit interested in FF except my fellow planeteers.
Me too. I can think of 4 people that I actually KNOW that do FF.

Nzoner
05-13-2007, 10:27 AM
Me too. I can think of 4 people that I actually KNOW that do FF.

Maybe it's time for a Chiefsplanet pay league,granted a fair amount of trust would be involved to whomever would be commish/treasurer as the only way to do it would be to have all entry monies paid before the draft.

The league could easily be set-up through a site we use called Statsworld and you can even have an online draft although if the the owners could all get together in KC one afternoon at say a BW3 it would be a blast.

Damn I've almost convinced myself to take on a new project,I'm in 3 pay leagues as it is but I'm definitely going to have to give this some thought.

Dicky McElephant
05-13-2007, 12:08 PM
Maybe it's time for a Chiefsplanet pay league,granted a fair amount of trust would be involved to whomever would be commish/treasurer as the only way to do it would be to have all entry monies paid before the draft.

The league could easily be set-up through a site we use called Statsworld and you can even have an online draft although if the the owners could all get together in KC one afternoon at say a BW3 it would be a blast.

Damn I've almost convinced myself to take on a new project,I'm in 3 pay leagues as it is but I'm definitely going to have to give this some thought.

I go through www.rtsports.com for my pay league. 12 teams....$150 a piece...$1 transactions after that. I won $1200 last year.

Rtsports is a pretty good website....they take care of everything.

Fire Me Boy!
05-13-2007, 01:17 PM
Are there cheaper leagues? I'd be interested in something like a $20 league... but I'm cheap.

Mile High Mania
05-13-2007, 03:36 PM
There's all sorts of fee ranges... typically depends on what the site you choose charges for the league overall, then you tack on $ to that total.

Or, you can do a free league through Yahoo with 12 friends and you do entry fees.

Rain Man
05-13-2007, 05:33 PM
Anyone up for a fantasy training camp league?