PDA

View Full Version : Norton to star in 'Hulk'

Fried Meat Ball!
05-13-2007, 03:48 PM
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117963139.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

Norton to star in 'Hulk'

Marvel movie to be released in 2008

Edward Norton has been set by Marvel Studios to play Bruce Banner in "The Incredible Hulk."

The Louis Leterrier-directed drama will be distributed by Universal Pictures, with an opening set for June 13, 2008.

It is a decided return to the mainstream for Norton, who recently has starred in such indies as "Down in the Valley," "The Painted Veil," and "The Illusionist." Pic will shoot this summer in Toronto.

Norton takes over a role played in the Ang Lee-directed "Hulk" by Eric Bana. Though that film opened strongly, it didn’t fare as well as other Marvel efforts, including "Spider-Man," "X-Men," "Fantastic Four" and, most recently, "Ghost Rider."

Marvel Studios, which has a $525 million credit facility obtained through Merrill Lynch, made "The Incredible Hulk" its second film under that arrangement, and seeks to make a sequel that is less self-serious and more in line with the comic series and TV show. Leterrier directed the action-filled "Transporter 2," and "Unleashed."

The new pic begins with Banner on the run, trying to avoid capture long enough to cure the condition that turns him into a misunderstood green menace.

"Edward Norton is a rare talent and one of the most versatile actors in the business," Marvel Studios production president Kevin Feige said in a statement. "His ability to transform into a particular role makes him the ideal choice to take on the character of Bruce Banner and the Hulk. Edward is perfectly suited to bring one of the most popular and important Marvel icons to the bigscreen in a new and exciting way."

The script for "The Incredible Hulk" was written by Zak Penn, who had a hand in crafting two "X-Men" films, "Fantastic Four" and "Elektra" for Marvel.

"The Incredible Hulk" is being produced by Avi Arad, Gale Anne Hurd and Marvel’s Feige. Jim Van Wyck, David Maisel, Ari Arad and Stan Lee are exec producing.

Norton, who will next be seen starring with Colin Farrell in the Gavin O’Connor-directed New Line drama "Pride and Glory," is repped by Endeavor.

Fried Meat Ball!
05-13-2007, 03:49 PM
Norton as Hulk makes me happy (although I liked Bana a lot).

This part scares the crap out of me: "The script for "The Incredible Hulk" was written by Zak Penn, who had a hand in crafting two "X-Men" films, "Fantastic Four" and "Elektra" for Marvel."

Easy 6
05-13-2007, 03:58 PM
Norton as Hulk makes me happy (although I liked Bana a lot).

This part scares the crap out of me: "The script for "The Incredible Hulk" was written by Zak Penn, who had a hand in crafting two "X-Men" films, "Fantastic Four" and "Elektra" for Marvel."

Yep, Norton is an actors actor & should be awesome in this.

And your SO right about the writers previous credits, an awful lot of dreck on his resume.

I would have never guessed that the 1st Hulk didnt make as much as that turdburger Fantastic 4.

Fried Meat Ball!
05-13-2007, 04:01 PM
Yep, Norton is an actors actor & should be awesome in this.

And your SO right about the writers previous credits, an awful lot of dreck on his resume.

I would have never guessed that the 1st Hulk didnt make as much as that turdburger Fantastic 4.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: If Fantastic 4 was a piece of crap, and that piece of crap took a crap. F4 would be that. Crap to third power.

Elektra wasn't so hot either.

Easy 6
05-13-2007, 04:02 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again: If Fantastic 4 was a piece of crap, and that piece of crap took a crap. F4 would be that.

... :LOL: ...

Fried Meat Ball!
05-13-2007, 04:04 PM
... :LOL: ...
I sometimes have very strong opinions about movies. And if anyone here liked that movie, I'm not sorry. YOU LIKE CRAP! :harumph:

Bowser
05-13-2007, 04:05 PM
I sometimes have very strong opinions about movies. And if anyone here liked that movie, I'm not sorry. YOU LIKE CRAP! :harumph:

Says the guy who loved Dick Tracy.

Yeah, you're never living THAT one down......

:)

Fruit Ninja
05-13-2007, 04:13 PM

lol, DIck Tracy.

anyways, they should let the Hulk die, Didnt they try to make one a few years ago and it bombed horribly?

Fried Meat Ball!
05-13-2007, 04:20 PM

BUT, I would never argue that Dick Tracy was a good film! Just that I enjoyed it.

Fried Meat Ball!
05-13-2007, 04:21 PM
lol, DIck Tracy.

anyways, they should let the Hulk die, Didnt they try to make one a few years ago and it bombed horribly?
Didn't bomb horribly. Had a good opening weekend, but Ang Lee just wasn't the right guy for that movie.

go bowe
05-13-2007, 04:24 PM
no offense intended, kcxiv, but what's the deal with the girl in your avy?

if you look at her nose in that picture, you will notice that the end of her nose is tipped up a little bit and that area around the nostrils is extremely flat...

sorta like a pig's snout (or nose)... :shrug:

Eric
05-13-2007, 04:38 PM
I am starting to hate all the cartoony CGI superhero movies.

When those greedy a-holes smell $$$$....watch the flood of crap like ironman.

Wondertwins movie staring Deniro and Hillary Swank??

How about a remake of 'CAPTAIN MARVEL'????????? SHAZAAAM.

http://superherouniverse.com/superheroes/images/shazam/tvshow/shazam-action.jpg

Tribal Warfare
05-13-2007, 04:49 PM
no offense intended, kcxiv, but what's the deal with the girl in your avy?

if you look at her nose in that picture, you will notice that the end of her nose is tipped up a little bit and that area around the nostrils is extremely flat...

sorta like a pig's snout (or nose)... :shrug:

Elisha Cuthbert of "24"

BWillie
05-13-2007, 05:00 PM
He better start eating. He's going to have to be a little bigger than he was in American History X, and about 60 pounds bigger than he was in Fight Club.

Tribal Warfare
05-13-2007, 05:02 PM
He better start eating. He's going to have to be a little bigger than he was in American History X, and about 60 pounds bigger than he was in Fight Club.

Bruce Banner is suppose to be a wuss, if you ever read the comic.

convict1983
05-13-2007, 05:17 PM
Tim Roth is also set to play the villian (Abomination).

Avi Arad must have some scandalous photos of Norton and Roth cause I have no clue why they would be involved in this crap. :hmmm:

keg in kc
05-13-2007, 05:46 PM
News has been out for a while, I'm pretty sure there was a thread about it a couple weeks ago.

As for Captain Marvel, the Rock is in talks for that one, IIRC.

Fried Meat Ball!
05-13-2007, 05:49 PM
News has been out for a while, I'm pretty sure there was a thread about it a couple weeks ago.

As for Captain Marvel, the Rock is in talks for that one, IIRC.
I did a search for "norton" and "hulk" and came up with zero.

KcMizzou
05-13-2007, 08:42 PM
I love Norton. But as the Hulk??? I don't see it.

It'll be interesting, that's for sure.

Easy 6
05-13-2007, 08:44 PM

They'll have him so CGI'd up you'll hardly recognize him.

BigMeatballDave
05-13-2007, 11:01 PM
BUT, I would never argue that Dick Tracy was a good film! Just that I enjoyed it.Now, Dick Tracy is a POS. Sorry, you lose all credibility!
:p :D

Tribal Warfare
05-13-2007, 11:09 PM

It'll be interesting, that's for sure.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3967336&postcount=15

'Hamas' Jenkins
05-14-2007, 12:08 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LMVHL3SlJeo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LMVHL3SlJeo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

The True Hulk.

Silock
05-14-2007, 12:14 AM
I always hated the Hulk. Couldn't stand the old TV series or comic book. The abortion of a movie that was The Hulk was even worse. Not even Jennifer Connelly's fantastic rack could save that movie. This one doesn't look to be any better, either.

KcMizzou
05-14-2007, 12:18 AM
I always hated the Hulk. Couldn't stand the old TV series or comic book. The abortion of a movie that was The Hulk was even worse. Not even Jennifer Connelly's fantastic rack could save that movie. This one doesn't look to be any better, either.While I suspect you may be right... have you seen some footage of the film that I haven't?

Silock
05-14-2007, 12:33 AM
Read the description of the script on Wikipedia. It has quotes from the producer, and they don't sound very promising.

chagrin
05-14-2007, 05:29 AM
If this is anything like the first one, which IMO was terrible, it's going to stink. I know Norton is a fine actor but that awful cartoon liek animation of Hulk was too much for me.

Mile High Mania
05-14-2007, 06:57 AM
So, Norton has reached this level... not even being the "first" new Banner, he's playing second fiddle. Sad.

Easy 6
05-14-2007, 07:05 AM
So, Norton has reached this level... not even being the "first" new Banner, he's playing second fiddle. Sad.

Val Kilmer wasnt the first Batman & he was a very esteemed actor, particularly in those days.

Mile High Mania
05-14-2007, 07:24 AM
Val Kilmer wasnt the first Batman & he was a very esteemed actor, particularly in those days.

Another good proof point... I don't know that Val was an A-lister at the time, and I don't recall him rocking the scene after doing Batman.

pikesome
05-14-2007, 07:27 AM
Another good proof point... I don't know that Val was an A-lister at the time, and I don't recall him rocking the scene after doing Batman.

Kilmer has a rep for being a difficult nut-job to work with. People will put up with that if he's a big draw but he hasn't had a big hit for a while. Which is kind of sad, he's been really good in a few movies, just seems inconsistent.

Easy 6
05-14-2007, 07:31 AM

I suppose its all subjective, but i would've considered him A list back then.

Clooneys A list & took the 4th installment.

Its all about the $$$ when guys take these roles, Norton had been making a lot of arthouse stuff lately that satisfied him as an actor, but probably didnt do much for his bottom line.

Rausch
05-14-2007, 08:46 AM
Norton is an excellent actor and I'm ecstatic they're not bringing Banna back. His performance in HULK was horrible.

There has to be CGI. Good luck finding someone over 7 ft. and that weighs a ton.

greg63
05-14-2007, 09:25 AM
He did a pretty good job in the "Illusionist".

convict1983
05-14-2007, 10:36 AM
I suppose its all subjective, but i would've considered him A list back then.

Clooneys A list & took the 4th installment.

Its all about the $$$ when guys take these roles, Norton had been making a lot of arthouse stuff lately that satisfied him as an actor, but probably didnt do much for his bottom line.

EXACTLY :clap:

Norton is basically doing this for the cash. Its been said he needs money to fund his own project that he wants to direct (Motherless Brooklyn).

Rausch
02-01-2008, 02:06 PM
Update, for those who care.

EDWARD NORTON has dismissed any connection between The Incredible Hulk and the last Hulk movie.

The 2003 movie starring ERIC BANA was panned by critics and Norton was quick to distance his new film from it.

“First off it’s utterly unrelated to that film,” he said, in this month’s Total Film magazine.

“This is in no way a response to it or picking up from it.

"I think like Chris Nolan and those guys did with Batman, we just said: 'We’re going to start completely with our own version of this myth or saga.'

And the Fight Club star revealed that he turned down the part of Bruce Banner and his alter ego before being wooed by the chance to write the screenplay himself.

“When the phone rings and someone says, ‘Hey, would you be interested in the big green guy?” there’s that part of all of us that doesn’t want to look like an idiot,” he admitted.

“There’s the wince factor or the defensive part of you that recoils at what the bad version of what that would be. And I did that, basically. I said ‘no’ to it a couple of times.”

Now firmly on board Norton revealed that The Incredible Hulk is just the beginning.

“To me the whole thing was to envision it in multiple parts,” he said.

“We left a lot out on purpose. It’s definitely intended as chapter one.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/film/article718829.ece

Pushead2
02-01-2008, 02:14 PM
can't be worse then iron man

Valiant
02-01-2008, 02:15 PM
Watch it..

<a href="http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=24033837">MARVEL ZOMBIES THE MOVIE</a><br><embed src="http://lads.myspace.com/videos/vplayer.swf" flashvars="m=24033837&v=2&type=video" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="430" height="346"></embed><br><a href="http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.addToProfileConfirm&videoid=24033837&title=MARVEL ZOMBIES THE MOVIE">Add to My Profile</a> | <a href="http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.home">More Videos</a>

Watch til end.. looks to be a a decent underground movie in the making..

Sure-Oz
02-01-2008, 02:15 PM
Interesting so he wrote it as well, we'll see

Valiant
02-01-2008, 02:16 PM
can't be worse then iron man

The iron man film looks great..

Sure-Oz
02-01-2008, 02:17 PM
The iron man film looks great..
Think they could've found someone better than Robert Downey jr?

Deberg_1990
02-01-2008, 02:18 PM
Itsa funny. This new Hulk flick is basically a "Do-over"

Everyone pretty much agrees Ang Lee f**cked up the first one.

Valiant
02-01-2008, 02:26 PM

You can always guess about a different star playing the lead.. But Downey has seemed to be a good fit from the partial videos i have watched..

jspchief
02-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Wonder if it will be a plotless CGI shitbag like the last one....

Valiant
02-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Itsa funny. This new Hulk flick is basically a "Do-over"

Everyone pretty much agrees Ang Lee f**cked up the first one.

Agreed..

Just like how superman returns picked up right behind Superman 2 because 3 was so bad..

Rausch
02-01-2008, 02:28 PM
You can always guess about a different star playing the lead.. But Downey has seemed to be a good fit from the partial videos i have watched..

I figured they could have done better as well but when I saw the trailer it looked really good. Downey seemed to do a great job of being the addict/cynic/geni(o)us from the short preview...

Rausch
02-01-2008, 02:30 PM
Wonder if it will be a plotless CGI shitbag like the last one....

I thought the plot was pretty good. Bana turning in the least impressive super hero performance ever doomed it. That, and amazing action like filming desert moss and rocks and $#it for 30 seconds a clip.

:ZZZ:

bowener
02-01-2008, 02:31 PM

He will be great for the part. Stark is supposed to be a rich, pompus asshole. Downey can play that role rather well in other films. He isnt supposed to be ripped or huge and muscular, he is supposed to be a billionare industrialist.

As for that zombie thing above, that is some pretty good suit fabrication for the hulk (low budget, that is), but still good.

Cochise
02-01-2008, 02:35 PM
They showed that F4/Silver Surfer movie on a flight I was on.

Spending 7 or 8 hours in economy is one thing, but that was just insult to injury.

Valiant
02-01-2008, 02:38 PM
He will be great for the part. Stark is supposed to be a rich, pompus asshole. Downey can play that role rather well in other films. He isnt supposed to be ripped or huge and muscular, he is supposed to be a billionare industrialist.

As for that zombie thing above, that is some pretty good suit fabrication for the hulk (low budget, that is), but still good.

Yeah the guy that did the suits for this worked on Toxic Avenger 4 and Big bad wolf.. Totally amateurish still but I am a geek on Marvel zombie movies.. The comics are hilarious..

Sure-Oz
02-01-2008, 02:39 PM

Gotcha, ive never really read up on Iron Man, but thought he was a cool character.

Demonpenz
02-01-2008, 02:43 PM
I hope oliver platt is good in it

chasedude
02-01-2008, 03:06 PM
Wow... how did I miss this thread? Ed Norton as Bruce Banner will be cool. He's an Oscar caliber actor. I hope he kicks up the part well.

Fried Meat Ball!
02-01-2008, 03:09 PM
I figured they could have done better as well but when I saw the trailer it looked really good. Downey seemed to do a great job of being the addict/cynic/geni(o)us from the short preview...
That's because he has experience being at LEAST two of the three.

Stewie
02-01-2008, 03:41 PM
Ed Norton! To the mooooooon!

JohninGpt
02-01-2008, 03:54 PM
This guy would kick Hulk's ass!1!!!!1!1!!!!!!

Valiant
02-01-2008, 03:55 PM
This guy would kick Hulk's ass!1!!!!1!1!!!!!!

Such a good movie..

pikesome
02-01-2008, 03:56 PM
Here's what The Hulk would get.

http://www.filmwad.com/fw_images/deaths/American_History.jpg

JohninGpt
02-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Such a good movie..
"Death to Smoochy" rocked.

thurman merman
02-02-2008, 10:41 AM
uh didnt the incredible hulk just come out a couple years ago?

Fried Meat Ball!
02-02-2008, 10:46 AM
uh didnt the incredible hulk just come out a couple years ago?
Yes. But it wasn't very good. They're pretending it didn't happen.